Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 188 189 190

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Gashnir
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bursto
By Asura.Gashnir 2016-05-01 14:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You spoke to me. I think this may solve your problem.

-- Interruption Rule --

if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
if buffactive['Aquaveil'] then
send_command('@input /echo')
else equip(sets.midcast_Interruption)
send_command('@input /echo Aquaveil Down')
end
end

The first echo used to say "Aquaveil up" but it got annoying.
I have also provided my interruption set as an example. As we talked about I use 91% in gear and 5/5 Interruption merits for a total 101% Interruption rate down, but if you don't want to use interruption merits you will require more % from equipment.

-- Alternate Interruption options --
-10/10% on Taeon pieces
-Rumination Sash (from Vagary, 10%)
-Evanescence Ring (from Sava Savanovic, 5%)

sets.midcast_Interruption = {
ammo="Impatiens",
head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'Accuracy+18','Spell interruption rate down -9%',}},
body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -9%',}},
hands="Rawhide Gloves",
legs={ name="Carmine Cuisses +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Attack+12','"Dual Wield"+6',}},
feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -10%',}},
neck="Willpower Torque",
waist="Silver Obi +1",
left_ear="Halasz Earring",
right_ear="Sanare Earring",
left_ring="Vocane Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Evasionist's Cape", augments={'Enmity+4','"Embolden"+7','Damage taken-5%',}},}

Best of luck
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-01 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

^You'll probably want to push to 10% on at least one more piece of Taeon. Need 102% to truly cap SID.
By Bursto 2016-05-01 15:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the needed changes to my set. Thank you for the heads up.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2016-05-02 13:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Floppy,

Sorry it took me a bit, and it looks like at the least a decent bit of what you were asking for has already been provided.

This is the version of my RUN gearswap for last month. Its all I have on my work computer but it has at least a part of what you were talking about, and if not exactly may at least provide some useful stuff for some of the newer RUN folks to draw from if required.

As stated previously I do not use Mote, so his standard binds and behaviors are not included.

http://pastebin.com/s2EWrjiv

I have a number of the DD sets for the front page under way, however I last verified them against the spreadsheets prior to Ambuscade capes... and those kinda broke the game. So I'll have to run things again, or just post them as they are and let people discuss them.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2016-05-03 17:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been asked before, and I have been searching through this forum, but what is the ideal Dimidiation Set? I assume Lustratio +1 legs/feet.
I am just trying to figure out weather I should aim for more TA or WS DMG on certain items. Such as, Herc Hands/Head.

Also for rings Epona's + Ramuh +1? or Ramuh +1 X2.
Same with Earrings. 2 X Jupiter Pearl's or Jupiter Moonshade or Ishvara or even brutal?

I am just asking for what is considered most ideal.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-03 17:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the front page.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2016-05-03 17:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I checked like two days ago and it wasn't the same.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-03 17:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably while I was sandboxing the format near end of last week. Needed a better option than just dropping them all in line, tables to the rescue!
 Sylph.Ykfan
Server: Sylph
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-05-04 22:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any information if the damage dealt by the added damage of runes, elemental spikes and battuta affects the accumulative magic resistance of NMs?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-04 22:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ykfan said: »
Is there any information if the damage dealt by the added damage of runes, elemental spikes and battuta affects the accumulative magic resistance of NMs?
Don't think it does, from what I've seen it only occurs when there's a considerable amount of damage (as you'd expect from jobs like BLM) in a short period of time. I think I recall someone saying that Lunge/Swipe, even at high numbers, are unaffected, but I can't recall when or where.

MEANWHILE, my brother said that Founder's Breastplate was able to prevent him from getting dispelled by Voidsong in Ambuscade, but at 2% proc rate I never saw it myself. It does make me wonder if the set bonus from Erilaz can be used to bypass other status WSs.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-04 23:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Sylph.Ykfan said: »
Don't think it does, from what I've seen it only occurs when there's a considerable amount of damage (as you'd expect from jobs like BLM) in a short period of time. I think I recall someone saying that Lunge/Swipe, even at high numbers, are unaffected, but I can't recall when or where.

MEANWHILE, my brother said that Founder's Breastplate was able to prevent him from getting dispelled by Voidsong in Ambuscade, but at 2% proc rate I never saw it myself. It does make me wonder if the set bonus from Erilaz can be used to bypass other status WSs.
That(the founder's thing) is hard to swallow.... And breaks pattern with everything else that ever nullified or absorbed damage.

Shadow mantle/ring, PLD empy sets, Warders/Engulfer's. Procing any of these doesn't prevent associated statuses form ws.

And the strangest thing here, is that Sombra Dragon's voidsong doesn't even deal damage. Why would it even check for a proc?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-05 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Founder's Breastplate for WS when Ancient Circle is up on DRG, and my WS triggered his Voidsong on that fight. Never once have I seen anyone resist it without Asylum aside from this one example. Seems more like Fanatic's Drink than other nullify/absorb gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-05 18:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fascinating. I wonder if you have to be the target for that to happen?

Have you seen that occur on other WS while using Founders? And do you get 0 DMG, or a no effect message?

I feel like this needs testing.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-05 18:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen it anywhere else, largely because I don't use Founder's for much. I'll probably do some tests later if I don't forget (I'll forget).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-05 19:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of how to best test this, and I though I had a great method in mind. Puks! Can make massive pulls of puks ws on demand by using day element -ga spells

Went out on PLD/BLm and tried it...

Would have been great...
Except that Obfuscate gives a no effect message once you're already flashed...

So excluding Obfuscate and Zephy Mantle,

I got hit by 228 WS (windshear/crosswind.)
None gave a no effect message.
Tons hit 0, but well, they were mostly hitting me 0. So I can't really tell if that was procs.

Ultimately, I didn't really learn anything. :/
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-05 23:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can add Teles, Albumen and Zerde to NM's a RUN is well suited to tank with an Aettir as I have been sole tank or ended up tanking with a co-tank (ending up pulling hate anyway) all of them. Schah you will need an Epeolatry though, there's just far too much damage flying around to survive without it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-05-06 00:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We have cleared Schah with an Aettir RUN tanking without problems. While Epeo is BiS, its certainly not a game breaker for RUN as much as Burt could be for PLD.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-06 01:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
We have cleared Schah with an Aettir RUN tanking without problems. While Epeo is BiS, its certainly not a game breaker for RUN as much as Burt could be for PLD.

Wait An item with 18 pdt- II is not as game breaking as an item with 25?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-06 01:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant it in the way that with Burtgang you can also use a RME shield at the same time, whereas there's no RME grip for Epeolatry!

I think at least?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-06 01:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Schah you will need an Epeolatry though, there's just far too much damage flying around to survive without it.
Nah it's possible. Way riskier though, it's quite the gamble.
Especially with a large group and even moreso if RUN is the only tank.
By Afania 2016-05-06 02:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think he meant it in the way that with Burtgang you can also use a RME shield at the same time, whereas there's no RME grip for Epeolatry!

I think at least?

If that's the case epeo would be more game changing since it functions as 2 pieces of gear.

Also liement.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-06 02:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Premise: I'm not saying I agree with him, just trying to understand his reasoning behind.

Seeing things from that perspective Epeolatry by itself is more powerful than Burtgang, but not more powerful than Burtgang+RMEShield.

Altough, dunno, doesn't really make a lot of sense to me in the end.
Epe is quite a game changing item for RUN, whereas Burtgang is pretty awesome but I don't think I'd call it "game changing" for PLD =/

Edit:
The Liement thing on Epe is like the weakest part of the weapon to my eyes?
It's not even just a matter of Liement having its long cooldown and short duration. Liement by itself is awesome in those (few) situations where you can use it. The problem is that it uses the same buff slot as Vallation/Valiance and that kinda kills what would otherwise be the incredible potential of Liement.
Furthermore honestly in a setup where RUN is alone tanking something (or with an Aegis PLD) the Liement augment on Epeolatry does absolutely nothing because there will be nobody in range to benefit from the fact Epe makes it AoE instead of singletarget.
Just my view of course!
[+]
 Sylph.Ykfan
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-05-06 02:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
I think the whm should be honorable mentioned.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-06 06:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Premise: I'm not saying I agree with him, just trying to understand his reasoning behind.

Seeing things from that perspective Epeolatry by itself is more powerful than Burtgang, but not more powerful than Burtgang+RMEShield.

Altough, dunno, doesn't really make a lot of sense to me in the end.
Epe is quite a game changing item for RUN, whereas Burtgang is pretty awesome but I don't think I'd call it "game changing" for PLD =/

Edit:
The Liement thing on Epe is like the weakest part of the weapon to my eyes?
It's not even just a matter of Liement having its long cooldown and short duration. Liement by itself is awesome in those (few) situations where you can use it. The problem is that it uses the same buff slot as Vallation/Valiance and that kinda kills what would otherwise be the incredible potential of Liement.
Furthermore honestly in a setup where RUN is alone tanking something (or with an Aegis PLD) the Liement augment on Epeolatry does absolutely nothing because there will be nobody in range to benefit from the fact Epe makes it AoE instead of singletarget.
Just my view of course!

In that case I would just say burtang isn't game changing because pld can tank just fine without it, and hate isn't an issue in mb setup(the setup that a tank matters) that all enmity related bonus on burtang doesn't matter because pld can hold hate just fine without it.

But no really, ergon is pretty job changing for RUN. Saying ergon isn't job changing because RUN can tank with strong support and hp sets is like sequence blu outparse Tizona or almace blu with perfect hq abj gears then claim those weapons are bad because they didn't win parse. I just find it extremely misleading to claim it's less job changing than burtang since it has more pdt- II.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-06 06:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I agree in the end.
Even moreso than the fact it has a higher value of PDT, it's the fact that such a stat is more vital for a RUN than it is for a PLD, that makes it "game changing" imho.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 188 189 190