Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 188 189 190
By Ophannus 2014-05-01 07:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing so far equates to Alexandrites so I venture that they'll have to be some tangible item that they'll ask for 30,000+ of and I bet it will be Beitetsu/Rifworn Boulder/Plutons. Those drop from Battlefields/Reives etc and come in S/M/L pouches, just be glad that they will inevitably be cheaper than Alexandrites due to how saturated the market is and how few serious RUN and GEO there are. If they introduced Ergon weapons for all jobs, it would be a different story(and truth be told, they may, as there was art work released of new 'ultimate weapons' for SoA and so far they have not been released)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-01 15:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion?p=6096306&viewfull=1#post6096306

my thoughts on RUN weapon so far. honestly, the quest itself needs to be pretty lax if there's to be any semblance of balance between mythics and ergon weapons. the fact that it takes 8.5 months just to unlock the quest can't really be ignored when it takes around half the time to build an entire mythic weapon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-05-01 19:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
honestly, the quest itself needs to be pretty lax if there's to be any semblance of balance between mythics and ergon weapons.

Not that you're wrong on whether it's balanced, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the S-E I know is considering the coalition rank portion as a rough equivalent to the Mercenary Rank/Assault chunk of the Mythic quest. I'm still bracing for some absurd plasm/obsidian fragment/??? trinket item requirements as well. Which is why I'm a little skeptical that ergon weapons will be "worth it".

And of course, specific to RUN, there's still the elephant in the room of the job still struggling to warrant bringing it to events over a PLD or another DD even if it does get a weapon that's better than the existing high-end options. That's regardless of whether the effort to get the shiny weapon is proportional to RME or completely unreasonable. Tanking WKR in uber-style is still being left out of the most exciting content. That seems like a much more fundamental RUN issue that will be hard to solve with one fancy weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-05-06 03:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

To build on what pro said, except for alex, mythics showed a mastery of toau content. If you did endgame in whitegate, odds are you didn't have to worry much about most of the requirments for a mythic. For my part i had enough for 2 eyepatches, odin cleared, 200k tokens, captain rank, completed missions, all 4 chariots cleared, all 3 beastkings cleared and 2 znm trophies before I started on my mythic just from doing endgame. i'm in the late stages of alex now, and if i choose to do a second mythic it'd only be alex and assaults again.

RUN ergon will probably show the same mastery over adoulin content. ranking up coalitions is akin to getting captain. plasm/obsidian/bayld are reasonable hurdles to expect. The key items from delve bosses wouldn't surprise me either. In cutscenes, I beleive it was mentioned that otharsyne was tempered with the blood of each of the seven wildskeepers. Also in cutscenes they've alluded to a dark force sealed by the founder king in his tomb under rala waterways. prime place for a big bad if you ask me. I found a song on the adoulin OST entitled hades, hrmmm... could be the equivalent of the odin requirment for mythics if that's the case. (I'm probably tinfoil hat crazy but hey, it's speculation). My point is however, by simply doing endgame and taking advantage of the numerous things adoulin has to offer, the ergon weapons should be a walk in the park (undil the currency requirment).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-08 19:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

question: "Rune Enhancement Effect", does the potency +2 per merit apply to both the defensive JAs that benefit from runes, and en-elemental damage?

edit: I'm asking cause I noticed the Job Point category for Rune Enhancement Effect was specific to the elemental defensive properties of runes. So I was curious if the Potency effect of the Merit category also applied.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-05-09 12:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From the Mog Bonanza announcement, prizes include:

"materials required for forging the new geomancer and rune fencer Ergon Weapons"

That seems pretty specific to Ergon Weapons, so sounds like a brand new item (and not just, say, turn in ____ of each Delve boss craft item).
 Ragnarok.Sakurasama
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Sakurasama 2014-05-10 05:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Could some one post an Enhancing Magic set. I've gone through this section, and there's only one set and its rather outdated.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-05-11 00:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
question: "Rune Enhancement Effect", does the potency +2 per merit apply to both the defensive JAs that benefit from runes, and en-elemental damage?

edit: I'm asking cause I noticed the Job Point category for Rune Enhancement Effect was specific to the elemental defensive properties of runes. So I was curious if the Potency effect of the Merit category also applied.
It raises the resistance value and also does something to VP. I have 5/5 in it and was getting a much higher VP then someone who had a good 20 higher stat points then me. We tried everything we could think of to nail down why I was getting such a higher return and that seemed to be the cause. I would love for someone to do additional testing on it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-05-11 01:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

It raises the resistance value and also does something to VP. I have 5/5 in it and was getting a much higher VP then someone who had a good 20 higher stat points then me. We tried everything we could think of to nail down why I was getting such a higher return and that seemed to be the cause. I would love for someone to do additional testing on it.

i wanna say my VP went up as well when i put the job point into it, but don't quote me on that. I'm close to a 2nd job point so i'll test it for sure as soon as i'm ready to put the next point into it and do it a few times w/o the 2nd point then w/ the 2nd point and post back w/ screenshots when i do.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-05-11 01:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Be sure to record your stats/runes and maintain the same stats for the post job point test.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-05-11 06:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah what I posted is based purely on me comparing my numbers to another RUN who didn't have that capped yet. I was getting something like ~500 on VP with 3/3 Ignis, he had a good ~20 more STR then me and was getting 450 or 460. We couldn't figure out WTF was going on cause we saw the same pattern in Gellus, Flabra, Tellus and Sulpor. Got me to thinking that since lots of things use runes for calculations, could it effect things other then just resistance?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-14 05:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

updated the lua linked in the OP
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-14 07:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Nothing so far equates to Alexandrites so I venture that they'll have to be some tangible item that they'll ask for 30,000+ of and I bet it will be Beitetsu/Rifworn Boulder/Plutons. Those drop from Battlefields/Reives etc and come in S/M/L pouches, just be glad that they will inevitably be cheaper than Alexandrites due to how saturated the market is and how few serious RUN and GEO there are. If they introduced Ergon weapons for all jobs, it would be a different story(and truth be told, they may, as there was art work released of new 'ultimate weapons' for SoA and so far they have not been released)

The only artwork ive seen released for SoA "ultimate weapons" are those for the GEO/RUN ergon weapons and the RUN JSE sword. Please provide some links I would like to see them.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-14 07:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting Im gonna have to test that.

Also something strange that I noticed with elemental affinity:

Lunge w/ Suplor x 3 on Matamatas in Morimar were doing 6969 while Flabra x3 and Unda x3 were doing 4.8k.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-05-14 08:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As I'm sure you know, there are some monsters in the game that take bonus damage (as opposed to just being less resistant) versus certain elements, such as Umbrils and Matamata.
By MrIdea 2014-05-14 08:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's obvious what the req material is.
Its 30,000 Ra'kaznar Ingot.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-05-14 08:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
As I'm sure you know, there are some monsters in the game that take bonus damage (as opposed to just being less resistant) versus certain elements, such as Umbrils and Matamata.

I really wish SE would expand more on this and make it universal. Crabs should take 25~50% more thunder damage while being totally immune to water damage and only taking 25~50% from fire. Stuff like that could have an impact on how we approach stuff cause as it stands it's all "throwing the strongest of X job at it".
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-14 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cause it's strange that certain mobs resist as expected to elements. While mobs like matamata and umbrils take more damage from elements they should resist according to the games elemental table.

I did some testing with V. Pulse. I don't think Job Points in Rune Enhancement effect play a part, while possibly it is Merit points in Rune Potency that does.

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 221 VP = 539

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 233 VP = 557

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 238 VP = 573

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 247 VP = 578

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 257 VP = 593

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 1, STR = 221 VP = 539

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 1, STR = 257 VP = 593

Sword used was Aettir, and skill is capped with 8/8 Merits. Only mentioning that because I don't know if that factors into the Vivacious Pulse formula. Also, there seems to be a tier every 20 Attribute points as well as 2.3-2.4 multiplier to the attribute value, but I'll leave that for someone else to declare.

*Edit: I do plan to recheck this with 2-4 more JPs, but I was expecting at least to see a 5hp increase in return with just 1 JP.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-14 14:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Epeolatry 99 119 Great Sword DMG:243 Delay:489 Great Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215 Enmity+18 "Liement" effect extends to an area Physical damage taken II -25% Dimidiation Aftermath: Increases accuracy and attack Occasionally attacks twice or thrice RUN
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-14 17:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Liement AoE is a bit of a drag (Vallation would've been a lot better. Or anything else really.), but being able to hit -75% PDT closes the gap between PLD and RUN for physical damage reduction. Not entirely, but mostly.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-14 17:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aoe Liement is all for dat enmity! The ability itself is a bit too complex to use, they should fix it a lil bit imo.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-14 17:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It needs a longer duration since some moves require precise timing to absorb.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-05-14 19:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cause it's strange that certain mobs resist as expected to elements. While mobs like matamata and umbrils take more damage from elements they should resist according to the games elemental table.

I did some testing with V. Pulse. I don't think Job Points in Rune Enhancement effect play a part, while possibly it is Merit points in Rune Potency that does.

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 221 VP = 539

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 233 VP = 557

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 238 VP = 573

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 247 VP = 578

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 0, STR = 257 VP = 593

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 1, STR = 221 VP = 539

• Ignis x3 Rune Merit 5/5 JP = 1, STR = 257 VP = 593

Sword used was Aettir, and skill is capped with 8/8 Merits. Only mentioning that because I don't know if that factors into the Vivacious Pulse formula. Also, there seems to be a tier every 20 Attribute points as well as 2.3-2.4 multiplier to the attribute value, but I'll leave that for someone else to declare.

*Edit: I do plan to recheck this with 2-4 more JPs, but I was expecting at least to see a 5hp increase in return with just 1 JP.

Well I didn't expect JP to do anything for VP since it flatly states "resistance". Rune Enhancement merits on the other hand say "potency". Whenever I get a chance I'll try demeriting one and doing VP at 4/5 vs 5/5.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-05-15 01:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol is it just me or did no one keep up with coalitions assignments?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-05-15 02:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit off topic but I'm in need of guidance for /BLU.
Some random questions since I know absolutely nothing about BLU and my BLU is currently level 1

1) Which spells would I need to be hunting for, from the perspective of using /BLU as a RUN subjob. Please include those I'm supposed to be using for various purposes and those I may need to equip just to benefit from some specific job trait.
2) What level would I need to be to learn those spells? I imagine 49 won't be enough...
3) Tips?

Thanks!
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-05-15 05:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been gone for a bit but did SE state in the update notes that Aettir was PDT II trait?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-05-15 05:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Ive been gone for a bit but did SE state in the update notes that Aettir was PDT II trait?

yes, aettir is now PDT II
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-15 05:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It is.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-05-15 08:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Some random questions since I know absolutely nothing about BLU and my BLU is currently level 1

1) Which spells would I need to be hunting for, from the perspective of using /BLU as a RUN subjob. Please include those I'm supposed to be using for various purposes and those I may need to equip just to benefit from some specific job trait.
2) What level would I need to be to learn those spells? I imagine 49 won't be enough...
3) Tips?

Thanks!

Learn then all up to 49 if your goal is to only do /BLU as many of them form traits or give stat bonus's and you'll have plenty of spare points.

The big ones are Cocoon, Jettatura, Blank Gaze and Geist Wall. That's your +50% defense and you can spam those three spells for hate. BG ends up with a shorter recast then the global 3s lockout so you can cast it endlessly for hate, just be sure to have some refresh on.

Outside of those, Cursed Sphere + Sound Blast for MAB I, Battle Dance + Upper Cut for Attack Bonus I, then a bunch for various killer traits you might want or some bonus HP/MP/STR/ect.

RUN/BLU is about keeping cocoon up and cycling through hate abilities / spells. It's like the old RDM tanking from waaay back when, just with far better gear.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-15 08:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

3) Tips?

Thanks!

You can learn every spell that can subbed on blu, on blu main up to level 49 as long as your blu magic skill does not fall to far behind, can't learn spells /blu to be clear, the lower your blu skill the harder to learn the spell. Best spell by far is low level cocoon god send for defense, blank glaze are a few. Being a blu main I say get them all but that's me lol.

Tips on learning blu spells is feed tp without killing and a hell of lot of patience some spells will drive you crazy to learn and some mobs have a crazy amount of tp moves to choose from. You can learn from really weak mobs just feed tp with a spell like dia over and over.

Where to get spells and levels and skill needed: http://184.154.208.218/~tforum/blu/BLUMain.html

Also here is a list of traits that can set subbed:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Blue_Mage/Job_Traits
Level Available Job Trait
4 Beast Killer
16 Auto Regen
20 Lizard Killer
24 Clear Mind
30 Resist Sleep
32 Magic Attack Bonus
34 Undead Killer
38 Attack Bonus
38 Rapid Shot