Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-20 15:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Airwave said: »
pchan said: »
The ultimate (fastest) setup for AAs (VD) is mnk mnk WHM RNG BRD RNG, but requires mnks with good defensive sets. You probably clear anything under 5 minutes.

Airwave said: »

So best set for capped acc and when you don't really care about pdt would be

Felistris/thaumas/otronif +1 (da)/ hesy +1/ otronif +1 (crit) for tp
and keep otronif +1 (crit) for legs.

?

Thanks in advance
head/body/hands/legs/feet. The best VS set are left unchanged as far as I know but against hard hiting level 120+ mobs I would not suggest swapping gear for WS. Otronif+1 or qaxoo is fine for VS anyway.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I thought was supposed to aim for Crit on all the Otronifs.

So aim for DA augment on Otronif hands? Crit augment on Otronif feet and legs? Legs aren't too important to aim for a good augment anymore in general though because of Hesy+1 legs now I would think, or nah?
Correct Hesy +1 legs ***on everything else, especially with the higher x-hit build is (mythic really), thoughit also somewhat depends on your current stp setup by switching but meh
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-20 17:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

but against hard hiting level 120+ mobs I would not suggest swapping gear for WS
I would never suggest that you don't swap gear for WS. This hurts your damage potential by a lot (albeit, not as much as before SoA). The only reason you wouldn't want to swap gear for WS is if you aren't sure that you won't take damage in between swapping gear.

I would also suggest that if you are going to be fighting the mobs mentioned above, I would swap that gear using the Gearswap addon because it will do it fast enough that you don't have to worry about taking damage in between swapping gear.

As for Otronif Legs. They are still the best VS legs when augmented with crit rate. Same with the feet.

Gearswap can also be used to differentiate between multiple pieces of gear with the same name (otronif, qaaxo, manibozho, etc). So if you DO happen to have the luxury of Otronif DA and Otronif Crit... you can use the DA feet for TP and the Crit for VS.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-03-21 01:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What path should i do for this Qaaxo gears? i was thinking Path B leg are good hybrid legs
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-03-21 01:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Path B is definitely the way to go with Qaaxo, even for a low accuracy set Path A wouldn't be worth doing compared to other options.
By pchan 2014-03-21 03:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
but against hard hiting level 120+ mobs I would not suggest swapping gear for WS
I would never suggest that you don't swap gear for WS.
I'm not you.
By Yandaime 2014-03-21 17:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tinhaspa Path A is confirmed STR+12 Attack+15 DMG+5. For the Oatixur users out there, grab these, max them, put Oatixur in storage or mannequin or something. ^^
By pchan 2014-03-21 17:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything worth farming from bosses ? except for TH belt
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 18:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

probably not for mnk, unless you don't want to spend 15m+ on the material for +1 relic legs, which you probably don't really care about.
By pchan 2014-03-21 18:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pathetic
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-03-21 23:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
Tinhaspa
Are they really +242 h2h? I thought they scaled back oatixurs for a reason.

xiah showing them as +242. Woulda been enough of a reason to shelf oatxiurs as is rly.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-21 23:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Tinhaspa

xiah showing them as +242. Woulda been enough of a reason to shelf oatxiurs as is rly.

yeah the path Bs are nice, one of the guys in the LS is almost done R15ing them, has something like +4 Dmg, Dex and Acc so far. Already at 1 D more than Oatxiurs. Ridiculous.
 Lakshmi.Kanachan
user: Kanachan
By Lakshmi.Kanachan 2014-03-22 00:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Tinhaspa

yeah the path Bs are nice, one of the guys in the LS is almost done R15ing them, has something like +4 Dmg, Dex and Acc so far. Already at 1 D more than Oatxiurs. Ridiculous.

That would be me!

Going to do a Type A pair as well, Type B caps at 15acc/12dex/+5dmg.

Type A caps at 15atk/12str/+5dmg and will end up being something like 2 DMG (skill from base 440), 17 acc, 15 STR and 12 attack better than oats. (At the cost of PDT and evasion)
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-03-22 00:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

***those are borked. How do they compare to R/E/M?
By pchan 2014-03-22 06:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They suck.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-03-22 08:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

path B beats spharai if you can make full use of the acc and path A is like 1-3% behind spharai depending on buffs. with vere its kinda the same story with AM1, there is more variance tho depending on buffs.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-22 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything worth farming from bosses ?

Well negative nancy since the items don't perk your interest, the gil from Rostrums and Boles is pretty good.

They suck.

Spoken like an angry 119 Spharai owner. ^_^

They're great.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-22 10:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Anything worth farming from bosses ?

Well negative nancy since the items don't perk your interest, the gil from Rostrums and Boles is pretty good.

They suck.

Spoken like an angry 119 Afterglow Spharai owner. ^_^

They're great.

ftfy
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-22 10:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tinhaspa are awesome, but holy *** they are one of the ugliest H2H models in the entire game.
[+]
By Yandaime 2014-03-22 14:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Vs Tojil with standard 6-man Buffs from Self, BRD and COR, Tinhaspa Path A are only 1.1% Behind 119 Spharai DPS. Path A has slightly more Accuracy than Spharai with the Damage being so close you may as well call them Equal.
I stated on the previous page that all MNKs will need at least one pair of these even if they are Spharai users because +29 Total Accuracy on Path B cant be ignored.

The only weapon that may have a clear advantage is the Mythic but maintaining AM3 can prove to be a chore and rather impractical if moving from mob to mob. Whereas Tinhaspas are awesome, full-time. Mythic also still has a higher Accuracy potential with the enhanced Focus but Focus only lasts 2 minutes :< so.. yea.... lol

It looks like SE has also started spreadsheeting or something. They have been making it so that the RMEs are only just barely ahead of their counterparts barring certain exceptions (Gun/Bow/Shields/Instruments)

**Edit**
I agree, these H2H are the ugliest things I have ever seen.. ever.. They are seriously quite the eyesore.. but other than that, they are worthy of an Oldspice Commercial
[+]
By Otomis 2014-03-22 20:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Making higher end gear set for Tojil spamming, needing plasma for all the airlixir+2.

Gear (Tojil) Low-Man Setup. w/Ionis Food:RCB.
(Whm/Boost-Dex,Sch/Impact, Brd/Minuetx2 Marchx2, Mnkx2, Sam)
Def Down - "Tachi: Ageha" ~ Soul Voice, Yes.
I did this set with Path A H2H, Path A Body, and Path C Feet. I will probably be making a path B H2H as well. in my excitement my I went path A trading all 6 Airlixir+2 at once lol.Looking for input; actual input, the kind that would take the set up I am using and tweak the gear set to give a greater rate of DPS and higher WS numbers. Not Pchan input where opinion > facts.

If anyone has any suggestions that can be re-verified using Motes Sheets I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks. Also, posting a quick Screenshot of your sheet data would be great.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-03-22 22:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
Looking for input; actual input, the kind that would take the set up I am using and tweak the gear set to give a greater rate of DPS and higher WS numbers. Not Pchan input where opinion > facts.

Grow up. The pchan bashing is lame, especially when he is an active contributor to this forum and does more than most of the trash posts in this thread. He does say a lot of dumb stuff, sure, but he isn't entirely deserving of being called out in every.single.post.

And besides, isn't it some kind of ridiculous harassment against him that is going blatantly ignored by mods? Or am I missing it all because it's behind the scenes?
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-22 23:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree
By Otomis 2014-03-22 23:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Looking for input; actual input, the kind that would take the set up I am using and tweak the gear set to give a greater rate of DPS and higher WS numbers. Not Pchan input where opinion > facts.

Grow up. The pchan bashing is lame, especially when he is an active contributor to this forum and does more than most of the trash posts in this thread. He does say a lot of dumb stuff, sure, but he isn't entirely deserving of being called out in every.single.post.

And besides, isn't it some kind of ridiculous harassment against him that is going blatantly ignored by mods? Or am I missing it all because it's behind the scenes?

I never had anything against the guy till I posted a couple things he he went all irate. if a majority of folks start having an issue with you it is because you bring it on yourself.

Sincerely Otomis/Arziet.
[+]
By Yandaime 2014-03-23 03:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

I never had anything against the guy till I posted a couple things he he went all irate. if a majority of folks start having an issue with you it is because you bring it on yourself.

Sincerely Otomis/Arziet.

Not trying to put myself in there but Pchan actually has been causing a lot of trouble as of late. The guy has reasonable thought processes and suggestions... but he has a tendency to present his opinions rather abrasively, and actually lashes out at people calling them gimp and what not on the forums without prior provocation when most of the time, his own suggestions are impractical or don't pan out in real world situations.
It happens on several forums too, not just the MNK forums; His antics can be spotted on WAR forums, and probably several other areas and generally his posts seem to not be welcomed. Speaking of forum mods, doesn't he actually have 2 warnings or something? Or were those only for those particular threads where the trash talk was getting too heavy?
Well anyway, Xenhas. If you follow his posts and dig deep enough, you'll find that Pchan pretty much brings it upon himself :( I personally have not had a conflict with him but I do observe.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-03-23 12:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a long way to say shut the *** up Pchan.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-03-23 12:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If spharai is slightly ahead, vere has a clear lead.
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2014-03-23 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
If spharai is slightly ahead, vere has a clear lead.

I agree
By pchan 2014-03-24 04:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The best set for tojil is defensive. Raptor and mata either hit hard or dont require dd gear, eft requires magic def, peiste requires dt, and turtle requires pdt. As such 4/5 otronif +1 and lithelimb cap seem best. Acc is not an issue so hesychast gloves are stupid to use. On tojil acc is not an issue, its eva is fairly low. You will need dt gear too so otronif +1 is best. Qaaxo is ok I suppose though, but not augmented with path A... That s why otomis doesnt want my opinion I guess ?
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-24 06:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got done running Tojil 6 times with the same 5 people. We go MNK, MNK, MNK, BRD, WHM, SCH.

Never need to use defensive set for Tojil run. Nice to use it for if you are the one holding Mata, but everything else, you can just go full DD gear. We even use Berserk regularly. You only need DT gear if your SCH lets Lahar get off.

Remember though. I am a gimp. You may actually need more DT, and PDT gear if you have really good gear but don't know what to do with it (or if your whm is bad).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dagget
Server: Carbuncle
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-03-24 07:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The best set for tojil is defensive. Raptor and mata either hit hard or dont require dd gear, eft requires magic def, peiste requires dt, and turtle requires pdt. As such 4/5 otronif +1 and lithelimb cap seem best. Acc is not an issue so hesychast gloves are stupid to use. On tojil acc is not an issue, its eva is fairly low. You will need dt gear too so otronif +1 is best. Qaaxo is ok I suppose though, but not augmented with path A... That s why otomis doesnt want my opinion I guess ?

The only thing that can possibly kill you before Tojil is Kurma if your WHM decided that he likes DEF down on you and forgets cure.

Sylph.Peldin said: »
I just got done running Tojil 6 times with the same 5 people. We go MNK, MNK, MNK, BRD, WHM, SCH.

Never need to use defensive set for Tojil run. Nice to use it for if you are the one holding Mata, but everything else, you can just go full DD gear. We even use Berserk regularly. You only need DT gear if your SCH lets Lahar get off.

Remember though. I am a gimp. You may actually need more DT, and PDT gear if you have really good gear but don't know what to do with it (or if your whm is bad).
^ This

Tojil cannot kill you without getting Lehar off as said above, unless your WHM is just bad.

Back on topic, +2 Crit Otronif Hands +1 for Smite? or just for an Imp Set with Glanz?
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 363 364 365