iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-17 15:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

as cute as it is that you put an item set together just for that, it's very clear that pchan is significantly more intelligent than you will ever be

(and if you cap attack/acc, quite a bit of delve gear ceases to be best in slot offensively)
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-17 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
as cute as it is that you put an item set together just for that, it's very clear that pchan is significantly more intelligent than you will ever be

(and if you cap attack/acc, quite a bit of delve gear ceases to be best in slot offensively)
hey thats his tp set not mine! he did say NNI is hard and all salv gear was useless, so is stacking any kind of multi attack.
By Angeljcar 2013-08-17 16:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How well is Aesetics fury performing with all the STR and critical hit rate gear now available vs Shijin?
By Kyler 2013-08-17 16:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Angeljcar said: »
How well is Aesetics fury performing with all the STR and critical hit rate gear now available vs Shijin?

It's not horrible but the ftp kind of kills it. It was much better before the update with skill+ on weapons, in situations when pdif wasn't capped. Generally speaking asurans fist is going to be better most of the time if geared correctly.
By Angeljcar 2013-08-17 16:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyler said: »

It's not horrible but the ftp kind of kills it. It was much better before the update with skill+ on weapons, in situations when pdif wasn't capped. Generally speaking asurans fist is going to be better most of the time if geared correctly.
Is Asuran out classing Shijin now?
By Legendaryhero 2013-08-18 02:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

does temple cyclas +1 have any added effect on chakra vs temple cyclas ?
other than vit+3
 Asura.Blackmagus
Server: Asura
By Asura.Blackmagus 2013-08-18 03:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Legendaryhero said: »
other than vit+3
I think it's still remove paralyze, but extra vit. I may be wrong.
By Angeljcar 2013-08-19 12:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

other than vit+3
No difference
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-08-19 15:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Item set question! Until I'm able to get a Uk'uxkaj Cap what would be my best holdover headwear? Manibozho Beret or Shneddick Chapeau? My Mani is R15, but Shneddick has 7% haste.

ItemSet 305615

vs.

ItemSet 311369
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-08-19 15:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Whirlpool Mask is super close (if not better) if you get a lot of benefit from its goodies.
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-08-19 17:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Whirlpool Mask is super close (if not better) if you get a lot of benefit from its goodies.

Yeah I don't have that yet either. I don't have shark clear yet. Definitely will grab it when I'm able to.
 Carbuncle.Bien
Server: Carbuncle
user: Bien
By Carbuncle.Bien 2013-08-19 21:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

other than vit+3
No difference

*** that, it has additional effect of white box. White boxes make everything better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-20 06:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated some sets. I hope you're all prepared to look absolutely disgusting.
 Lakshmi.Snozeberry
Server: Lakshmi
user: Toioiz
By Lakshmi.Snozeberry 2013-08-20 07:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

^ If there was ever a reason for a dislike button, this. *sigh*
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-08-20 07:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

*Cringe*
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-08-20 08:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm reluctant to switch to the 4/5 Otronif set for much... Only seems to pull ahead by about 1% and relies on WS frequency and capped acc/att to do it. Seems to me that most situations where you can take capped acc/att for granted, popping WS as soon as you hit 100% isn't always going to be the best idea (regular mob being on 15% HP when you hit 100% TP kinda thing)

Maybe the augments will be amazing though and make it clearly worth using, havn't looked at them much... (Otronif hands with DA+ seem a good one to swap if nothing else)
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-08-20 08:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Got full otronif, but I swear I dont wanna use dis ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rassitier
user: Rassitier
By Lakshmi.Rassitier 2013-08-20 08:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When sets are put in to the OP, where/what are they tested against?
Is it just one persons opinion? or have they run numbers with some kind of mob/buff combination that I have not?

Using the DPS calculator and testing multiple mobs/buff combinations I seem to always disagree with what is posted as the best pieces...

For example...Against Delve fodder/fodder/Tojil I can not find any way for Otronif head to win...and I also can never seem to get Tantra body +2 to win against Thaumas with Impetus up.
 Lakshmi.Snozeberry
By Lakshmi.Snozeberry 2013-08-20 08:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'll be using this for the time being on anything short of naakuls.

ItemSet 311404
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-08-20 08:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding some of the possible augments on the blue "Custom" line will put Otronif on top, but not by very much as far as I can see.

Apart from that, I compare sets on several mobs with the food and and minimum of buffs I expect to have on when I'm fighting them.
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-08-20 08:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so now Skirmish gear > Delve gear? Well that set lasted me all of a month. I was going to start putting some focus on other jobs, but no time now! Gotta grind out a new set on MNK! Yay?
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-08-20 08:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Oh so now Skirmish gear > Delve gear? Well that set lasted me all of a month. I was going to start putting some focus on other jobs, but no time now! Gotta grind out a new set on MNK! Yay?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, apart from the augments it took me all of 2 hours to get those 3 pieces today. (Got 2 of the ex item to trade for the feet/hands and the pants dropped normally)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snozeberry
By Lakshmi.Snozeberry 2013-08-20 09:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The 3 pieces I'm using were obtained over 2-3 runs. Got 2 wings for hands/feet and legs I lotted on 2 runs, won 1.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-08-20 09:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

getting the gear isn't the hard part. It's defeating the RNG afterwards on getting the augments that you want.....
By pchan 2013-08-20 09:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The high end gearsets in the OP are pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. For instance faith torque is better than asperity necklace and you don't take extra damage last I checked. Otronif is mostly junk for TP until augments are known and even then I doubt they will win. The best gearset is still pre Adoulin gear except legs and earrings.

oatixur / -/ - / ?
usu+1 / faith or rancor / steelflash / bladeborn
Thaumas / tenryu +1 / epona / rajas
atheling / windbuffet / manibozho / usu +1

you can replace the usu +1 combo by whirpool+manib for nearly the same output.

The only thing interesting in the otronif set is the possibility of pdt augments to build a tanking set and even then I have doubts.
 Lakshmi.Snozeberry
By Lakshmi.Snozeberry 2013-08-20 09:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, why are Tenryu+1 better than DA+2 Augmented Otronif Gloves? and how do you take extra damage from Asperity necklace?
By Otomis 2013-08-20 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

Ok, now your just trolling. I mean I troll and get a bit silly time to time having a good laugh but this is ridiculous.
By Otomis 2013-08-20 09:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, is Hurch'lan Sash really a better option then Anguinus Belt when haste is already capped in gear? You lose next to no haste, gain attack and double attack.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-20 09:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Be careful you have a windbuffet in there!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-20 09:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Question, why are Tenryu+1 better than DA+2 Augmented Otronif Gloves? and how do you take extra damage from Asperity necklace?

Not agreeing or disagreeing with what he's saying, but I think he's referring to the fact that part of the rational for using Asperity over Rancor was that it didn't have the +DT taken, despite the fact that there were some instances where it was better.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 363 364 365