iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 363 364 365
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-17 13:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I can confirm VS fTP is still at or near 2.25. Not going to test anything for fTP transfer, that's much more annoying.

Was worth a look at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which brings us back to the original question: why haven't they given MNK such adjustments?
By Verda 2016-07-17 13:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Monk's multiattack rate is nothing special, really.
I don't have time to dig it up right now but will later, they changed footwork and kick attacks, and that was a large contributing factor. The other case for white damage is crit hits on high base damage and ability to counter at a very high rate especially with counterstance. MNK dps would be maximized if it has hate, and yes defense is a tradeoff but, that can be taken care of with things like barrier and cocoon. 60% counter rate for -50% defense isn't a bad tradeoff then, and that's before counting gear. With that it'd be very possible to get to 80% cap of counter for more white damage. While they don't get a ton of multihit compared to say THF, they can get an extra attack a round at a really high rate from kicks, have the ability to counter a ton, and get 2 attacks a round both of which can double/triple/quad attack. two triple attack procs and a kick is 7 attacks in a round. The only other job with something like that is NIN with Dakan. I'm not versed enough in mnk to know, but kick attacks I'm pretty sure can't double or triple attack proc, and I think counters don't factor into attack rounds at all. 80% counter rate against 100 fist enemies has to be sort of funny though.

So that's where I was coming from with that, yea, you can't really just have flat out multi attack rate but kick attacks can have 85% activation rate from Soku. Sune-Ate and MNK gets native 14% activation rate. So that's 99% extra attack a round, on top of 2 more that can double/triple/quad and then counter setups.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-17 13:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless Soku are different from every other Kick Attack feet, they add damage, not rate.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-17 13:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Yeah, I can confirm VS fTP is still at or near 2.25. Not going to test anything for fTP transfer, that's much more annoying.

Which brings us back to the original question: why haven't they given MNK such adjustments?

Their stated reason is as others have said- they believe that their white damage is strong enough to keep up with it. Which of course it isn't.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-17 13:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, as I said I'm not mnk guru, but if that's the case someone should update the wiki page: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kick_Attacks
Code
 Trait activation rate is increased by 1% per "Kick attacks +1" on equipment.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-17 13:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhikku Hose +1 and Soku. Sune-Ate share the same naming on KA information, but pretty sure Bhikku Hose +1 and whatever the relic legs are called are rate while Soku. (along with every other KA in the feet slot) are damage. Would be a bit less confusing to specify on the KA page that the activation rate on gear excludes feet armor.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-17 14:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That line is actually correct. It's the item description on the boots that is wrong.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-17 14:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Their stated reason is as others have said- they believe that their white damage is strong enough to keep up with it. Which of course it isn't.
Yeah, also you have to consider MNK was in a pretty strong situation BEFORE those WS rehaul.
It started to fall behind (a bit) with Delve2, but it was one of the best DDs and arguably required the least effort to reach such levels of performance.

If anything they were trying to get everything else on par with MNK but, as it usually happens when they do this sort of thing, they overdid it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-17 16:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, and it's pretty obvious that this is the case. A job with unexceptional TP gain, little to no scaling on its best weaponskills, and unremarkable WS damage even at 1k simply doesn't have the tools to keep up when WS and SC damage are so prominent. Given the generally reasonable state of balance between DDs at this point in time, MNK's continued state as an outlier is honestly baffling. While H2H does have some redeeming properties, it's clear that it hasn't kept up with changes to the DD meta in the past couple years.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-08-03 09:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
MNK is at the point where my day 1, aegis, no gear swaps PLD was more desired for events.

Considering I was a day 1 MNK, and had R/E/M 119, it was time to put the game down for good once I beat Rhapsodies. The only part of the game that was still fun was being on discord and bullshitting w/ my linkshell; not the game itself

Monk has been completely Destroyed to the point where even a PLD out DD it :(

Victory Smite (4-8 K) (Rare spikes of 8 K) V.S. Savage Blade PLD (9-13 K) (Constantly doing higher dmg)

Square Enix Refuses to Reply to "Why did you nerf MNK so badly?"

and Several people have asked about the 2 handed weapons being Nerf'd such as (GK) (GA) (GS) (H2H) (Staff), their best reply was:
"There is nothing to be fixed"

Kinda Disappointing how they made what once was an AMAZING JOB now into something that we can barely use for anything.

Please if anybody knows how to make MNK work again or actually any news about it being fixed in updates let me know :D

Thanks.

/prays for Victory Smite and MNK's Return !
By Blazed1979 2016-08-03 13:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Please if anybody knows how to make MNK work again or actually any news about it being fixed in updates let me know :D

It is beyond help at the moment. The best of the best MNKs are equivalent to a really really shitty blu dual wielding gimp coladas in 5/5 reforged gear and auction house NQ accessories.

It is an atrocious state of affairs for THE JOB that is supposed to do nothing else but melee, and one that has existed for so long in final fantasy titles.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-04 23:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen a lot of GodHands running around as of late which has caused me to look back into mnk.

I have the ability now to get them, but I am wondering if the fact I see so many is just for the lolz factor like relic staff back in 2007. Or if they give mnk enough of a push to be slightly relevant again? I know drgs aeonic made it very good, and before it was just ok~

please tell me there is some miracle my mnk becomes useful again...
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-04 23:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
please tell me there is some miracle my mnk becomes useful again...
We'd be lying to you.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-05 01:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When doing VW spam, I've seen in non pdif capped situations a godhands mnk pull ahead of a mythic blu and a rag warrior. I've seen 15k VS while CDC was doing 10.1k and Reso doing 11k. The same MNK tells me he can get 3-5k crits per hand with impetus up with godhands. The averages are lower, and VS can dip really low to like 4k for the WS and Reso can go higher, 23k for example was the highest Reso I saw on that same VW set of fights and 13.5 CDC, and those numbers for all three WS can go much higher with proper buffs with pDIF capped obviously (seen 30k CDC, and I know 70k Reso possible, I haven't seen what is possible for buff maxed VS but if it can't also get to at least 30k something is very wrong with the sets). I've also parsed that same MNK against mythic BLU in SR, and he'll do about 70% of the damage of the BLU, a far cry from what people are saying here that it's less than PLD dps or equivalent to reforged gear of another DD, THF reforged vs topend THF will do at least 12x less damage so there's no way that's true. He said he feels his MNK is just beginning to start to get somewhere and there's "a lot left to work on". The extra hits from kicks aren't nothing, tp or damage wise. The by the numbers stats of VS is actually better than CDC, more hits, more ftp, and it's STR instead of DEX based, and Godhands have huge base damage as well. The best situation by design for MNK DPS is to be tanking with counterstance up against a low delay per hit mob that has a lot of multi attack. It has also got a ton of HP boosts, and as far as DD go that can take a few hits has a lot of advantages. Given the games easy access to max DT sets as well, HP is a great stat to have as given a competent WHM anything that doesn't one shot you, should let you live.

I'm used to the community telling me stuff that's wrong though. They told me SMN sucked, only 1 or 2 peple played SMN that said otherwise I listened to and learned from them, some people will still tell me SMN sucks even after I top their parse by 2x or self chain a mob from 100 to 0 that gave them trouble. People told me Mythic RNG sucked, yet it can obliterate things with the same kind of 99k with 99k skillchain damage SMN can do and extend magic burst windows x2. People still tell me THF sucks, yet I've done tons of endgame with it, even recently a CL150 as a primary DD thanks in large part to a video by Llewyn and Speedjim here. Play what you want to play, find players passionate about the job whether it's meta or not, push what it's able. The balance of things is pretty close these days to the point that if you find out a few ways to optimize things that weren't used much or thought of before it can totally shift the balance in your favor, a lot of fights are niche situations too. Khimera fights would be great for counterstance for example, due to their 100 fist spam. There is really no reason to be discouraged from playing any job right now, every job takes effort to make it shine, and anyone that says different about their job is only inviting the door for bandwagoners. I think MNK suffered a lot from that to be honest, people expect it to be very easy to gear MNK. There isn't very many career MNK though, pushing the job and giving great examples of what it can do and every testimony I've seen seems grossly exaggerated to reality from both those I ask who still care about MNK and in game experience. Without people like papesse championing SMN it probably would be dead right now too. Even as is, it struggles to be accepted by more than a few players, despite what it can do, sometimes because of what it can do and oldguards don't want the ways to change... take my advice just play what you want to play don't be discouraged from it in the end it's actually easier on everyone if you do. Going against the grain isn't as easy but it's often more rewarding imo. A lot of people might argue this, I hate arguing anything in this community. Most the things said here are hyperboles at best, if they even had any basis in fact at all. If people say things like that about THF or SMN or RNG I can back it up with my own play experience, or point to people that also champion the job. MNK has no one championing it right now at least on the forums, or showing what it can do or trying to push it and tinker and tamper and see and not give up like there is for a lot of other jobs. Maybe like irl monks, these players just choose not to partake in most the squabbles and vitriol and pursue a more pure life pursuing their own personal ideal. Maybe I should also be that way but I just get really tired of always at least one job has to be thrown under the bus with gross exaggerations. Let people play what they want to play for gods sake.

tl;dr MNK is far from useless or does less dmg than pld or the same state as a reforged armor dd, and I have good reasons to say so
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-05 01:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah because multiple people on the forums saying MNK being behind doesn't own 119 REMA already.

Also kinda ironic to hear Verda telling people "play what you want" and wall of text praising career SMN after trolling other people's job for being bad DD on forum many times :(

Btw, 70% of mythic blu in SR is pretty bad, considering mythic is behind almace in SR. Doing 70% of mythic blu in SR means even further behind almace blu and possibly even further behind fully buffed 2h DDs due to slower tp gain. Back when MNK was the bandwagon DD, other unpopular DPS such as THF or BLU did way higher than 70% of MNK, more like 90%. And that's still considered bad by the majority.

Maybe saying pld > top MNK is exaggerating, but that doesn't mean others testimonials aren't valid.

Edit: Also I'm having a hard time believing Verdas claim of 119 THF in high end gear does 12 times more dps than 119 thf in entry lv 119 gear in acc capped situations. I have never seen any dps has 12x difference in terms of dps just because their armor isn't top end. That means someone parse 7% while the other parse 84% while everything else is the same besides armor?? In most parses Ive seen its already a very huge gap if someone does 3x more, 12x sounds absurd.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-05 02:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said:
The by the numbers stats of VS is actually better than CDC, more hits, more ftp,

Not sure how you came to this conclusion >_>
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-05 02:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ya even 70% is kinda... alamace will widen that to easily 60% then or less.

I would love to get even the slightest excuse to play mnk again. Even if SE went and made it a real tank by taking away the def penalty for counter stance or something.

I had just hoped godhands had really changed the job now that a lot are poping up. Seems like it helped but very little. Also I am under the impression RF > VS with godhands yes?

I also can believe the 12x, I did a few ambusaces with a sam, then a blue I was around 80%-85% of the dmg each run on my rag drk. Both had NQ ambusacde sets and basic 119 weapons. The gap really can be that wide between a player who knows what he is doing and gots the gear, to one just confused. Now this is not common and I would wager the avg ambusace+1 geared dd, with a unm 119 weapon will be around 2/3~ 1/2 the dmg output of an AG top tiered dd.

the reason this is a big deal for mnk is that if a godhands (should assume other top tier gear) only pulls 70% to a tiz blu in SR, we can assume that mnk top geared is at the level of most other DDS in ambusace+1 sets and a UNM weapon. Not exactly even by any stretch... sad
By Afania 2016-09-05 02:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ya even 70% is kinda... alamace will widen that to easily 60% then or less.

I would love to get even the slightest excuse to play mnk again. Even if SE went and made it a real tank by taking away the def penalty for counter stance or something.

I had just hoped godhands had really changed the job now that a lot are poping up. Seems like it helped but very little. Also I am under the impression RF > VS with godhands yes?

I also can believe the 12x, I did a few ambusaces with a sam, then a blue I was around 80%-85% of the dmg each run on my rag drk. Both had NQ ambusacde sets and basic 119 weapons. The gap really can be that wide between a player who knows what he is doing and gots the gear, to one just confused. Now this is not common and I would wager the avg ambusace+1 geared dd, with a unm 119 weapon will be around 2/3~ 1/2 the dmg output of an AG top tiered dd.

Are they capping accuracy though? A lot of times people parse absurdly low because their acc isn't capped and that made the gap bigger.

If both capped then top end DD doing 3x of entry lv 119 gear with reisen weapon sounds about right from most parses that I've seen, if both has similar amount of JP.
By Verda 2016-09-05 08:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

we can assume that mnk top geared is at the level of most other DDS in ambusace+1 sets and a UNM weapon. Not exactly even by any stretch... sad
Afania said: »
Btw, 70% of mythic blu in SR is pretty bad, considering mythic is behind almace in SR.
the reason this is a big deal for mnk is that if a godhands (should assume other top tier gear) only pulls 70% to a tiz blu in SR

He's not really fully decked out yet, and he tells me there's a lot more to work on, so he can close that gap quite a bit he only recently started regearing mnk over the last month. I actually gave that context. Those points were given not to say mnk is 70% of mythic blu lulmnk. It was to make the point that people are grossly exaggerating any differences and we don't really have a real answer. If the MNK is totally geared out, and the setup favors MNK, it should be competitive even more than my example not less. I've seen BLU with the same weapons also do vastly different amounts of dps over an average of several fights, so just the weapons themselves I realize don't mean a ton, but it's still nothing like what was exaggerated and still really pretty much unknown. The fact that even someone gearing MNK casually on the side as a WIP has these results, is what makes me think people's assumptions are wrong or grossly exaggerated at best.

Also kinda ironic to hear Verda telling people "play what you want" and wall of text praising career SMN after trolling other people's job for being bad DD on forum many times :(
I praised career anything, and kinda ironic you're calling me a troll after going into every RNG thread telling people to play COR and encouraging that crap, I never had anything against you being a career COR, or DDing on COR, or playing what you want. I should think it's pretty obvious what I don't like, people telling other people what to play or not to play, especially when groupthink and hyperbole are involved because then it's just dumb and doesn't even benefit anything. I've also never called anyone a bad DD that I can remember, outside saying a few times that people should play with endgame THF to judge endgame THF, not your typical dynamis reforge job. I said COR is a good support DPS. I think you're taking anything saying COR isn't a top end DD = me calling you a bad DD or something. I don't get peoples expectations. If hybrid jobs could do more damage and support too, then what would ever be the point to playing anything else, it doesn't mean you're a bad player or a bad DD, it just means the game was designed to not make hybrid jobs god of everything, I've even said there's some situations COR can do extremely good dps. But, RDM and COR and GEO and BRD damage gear is more limited, they get less damage and accuracy, etc. It's not like I'm telling you the world suddenly isn't flat, this is even how the jobs were marketed and quite obviously designed. The only reason you think any of this is ironic is you misinterpreted what I said. The only event I even remember saying anything remotely even close to encouraging people to play another job, let alone telling them, is that one thread I pointed out all the different ways RNG has advantages over COR after I'd had enough of people going into RNG discussions saying play COR, enough was just enough man. I've always told people to play what they want and encouraged it, and discouraged people telling people to play X job cuz Y job sucks, if you were to ask most people in my LS they'd agree. You guys might think your discussions here don't really affect others much, but a lot of people read this and it effects people attitudes toward jobs and each other in game. I have one very good player atm, who got godhands first and b/c "they suck" probably doesn't want to ever make another Aeonic and rarely plays. While I'm not going to say that's explicitly the hands of ffxiah, or the fault of the community because it can't be and isn't, the attitudes expressed here are clearly not healthy toward the game and stifle people's choices so I'm not really for it no, and never have been. If anything, it's been an uphill struggle to play the jobs I enjoy because of these attitudes, and it's made me extremely sick of it, I'd probably be sick of it even if what the community often said about most jobs was true, but it isn't so that makes it even worse. I shouldn't have to say I've been successful despite that, it's still wrong though and was way more difficult than it had to be. I don't want others to have to experience that, playing and picking your job should be fun, not periodic hazing and told you can't play/come b/c you don't subscribe to groupthink monthly, which are the two shittiest things about ffxi's community by far, it's not even hard to tell what it is. I don't see very many here giving real examples, ideas, or even wanting to try. Let people who want to play MNK and improve MNK do so. The community is often wrong, there's a lot of good done but there's also this very ugly side to it, and I'll be critical of it if there should be criticism of it, I've also given praise and thanks many times and contributed a lot so don't take very kindly to your troll comment at all, I'm not here to reap enjoyment out of peoples reactions for one I think that's deplorable, and for two I'm hating every minute of this I just really am sick of all this groupthink crap, especially at the expense of a lot of peoples enjoyment of the game, because they can't even play what they want to play without dealing with it. Would you enjoy it if you liked COR, saw a few good COR players or knew what it could do through playing it a lot and gearing it extremely well, and every time you tried to join or play people were like lolCOR? No? Why would anyone else like that for the jobs they enjoy?

Edit: Also I'm having a hard time believing Verdas claim of 119 THF in high end gear does 12 times more dps than 119 thf in entry lv 119 gear in acc capped situations. I have never seen any dps has 12x difference in terms of dps just because their armor isn't top end. That means someone parse 7% while the other parse 84% while everything else is the same besides armor?? In most parses Ive seen its already a very huge gap if someone does 3x more, 12x sounds absurd.
If you're using reforged sets, you won't even be to delay cap, very little multi hit and probably won't even self chain and if you ever did the numbers suck. Yes it's in accuracy capped situations. The example that was given was coladas, so that'd be skinflayers on THF, though 12x is very accurate if you're comparing nanti knife, as that was my experience between coming back and playing THF, and my THF today is about 12x. If you're in reforged sets I wouldn't even expect a good WS set. Before afterglows I remember difference in RMEA and non for thf was like a 6% difference in damage, all other things equal. Now it can be as large as 30%. Also "just the armor" is actually the bigger dps contributor, even then, 13-14 inventory slots vs 2, and multiple variations on those just for TP and WS. I remember coming back, trying to get my dw earrings and double attack delve earrings by spawning the NMs in the field and struggling for like 150 dps back then, it's really not that incredible to get 12x or more so ya I felt comfortable saying that giving that same THF a skinflayer is about 12x.

I've said this before Afania, I don't dislike you or anything, even respect your COR contributions but I don't think further discussion down this line is useful to anyone and I find it unenjoyable, to put it mildly.

Also I am under the impression RF > VS with godhands yes?
That could be, since I'm not a MNK main I can't say for sure that's why I gave testimony based on in game experiences, and reiterated things the best MNK player I know has said, my advice to you if you want to pursue monk, find a career MNK who hasn't just given up on the job or stopped playing it after it wasn't being requested to the new events which a lot of people did just basically drop MNK and RNG after delve was no longer the main event. Just having an RME for a job doesn't really mean someone is dedicated to it, some people are just collectors, some people only like playing jobs in the limelight or considered meta etc. I even know of one guy who made the wrong mythic on accident. On the contrary, there's always someone who just loves a job and plays it to maximize it regardless. It's sad there isn't one in this forum for MNK, as there are examples of ones for DRK and DRG I know of, PUP too, showing what it can do and backing it up. I could name those for SMN, RNG and THF but there's not any I know of for MNK and the player I mentioned working on their MNK sets it's low priority for them, so even though they're a good player, it's definitely not a best case situation and even they admit there's a lot of room for improvement. It's not really earth shattering advice I know, find someone good at MNK who plays MNK, but here that'd just be met with snide comments mostly and things like "lol there is no good MNK, MNK sucks" and other groupthink *** which is the same *** they told me when playing SMN and RNG and my WAR friend when he played WAR telling us WAR Reso was good many months before the community ever "accepted" it :) If anything what the community accepts or states as meta is at best, 3-8 months old news most the time, if not stated for reasons of just pure self interest rather than something useful to others without the exact same vested interests as them. Sometimes it's based off things and gets exaggerated, but most the time even those distilled non exaggerated things aren't really 100% true. It just seems to me the more people involved the less likely it is to be accurate, it's almost like that old telephone game teachers would write down a phrase and fold it or you would, then whisper the same phrase another persons ear, which was repeated around the room in a circle and it never ends up getting back to you or the teacher as being the same thing that was originally said even assuming people didn't screw with it which many did, but it's not like people here don't screw with things either, out of either entertainment or self interest. Steer clear of hyperbole and groupthink it's not made with your interests in mind at all. You expressed interest in MNK, whether you pursue it or a more popular job or not is up to you, you can enjoy success on any job but going against the grain is always harder but as I said before not without it's own rewards. The worst thing FFXI's community has done to the game is make it a thing where there's a grain to go against in the first place though, option and choice of jobs in game should be celebrated not moderated. I wish you luck whatever you pick, and hope this conversation hasn't spoiled your fun with the game, it often threatens to ruin mine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-05 12:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, in case people haven't completely forgotten about lolMnk: Footwork is +20% to Kick Attack Chance. Updated the wikia with source - can someone update the bgwiki because I forgot my logins.
By Afania 2016-09-05 13:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@Verda, too much text to quote so I'll just reply without quote.

1) A lot of people here who post there testimonials about MNK HAS REMA. Thus making your point of "community think a job is bad because they don't gear it well" completely moot. For example Primex has mythic(Sure it's not God hands but still) and parsed against other DDs.

On the other hand your testimonials about MNK is just eyeballing ws avg which doesn't mean a thing... I mean I eyeballed my last stand dmg around 6-7k spikes to 9k against UNM behemoth without white proc v.s blu CDC eyeballed 5k..... do I pop on the forum claiming I can compete with BLU? No...

The other parse testimonial you got also doesn't support the claim of MNK being able to compete either, more like the other way around.

2)I think you don't get how FFXI 2016 DPS works....or you like to fight against people's opinion.

It's not wrong to call X job not a top end DD, because in FFXI 2016, there are no top end DD in every single situations, and that's a fact.

For example the SMN you love so much, excels in Kirin zerg and when SMN closes super buffed SC. Papesses video simply played SMN in the situations that it excels. If you put SMN against super buffed melee spamming 30k ws it's not gonna win(at least I don't see it).

Thus it's not wrong to say SMN(or insert X job) isn't top end. Same applies to RNG, or COR, or THF, or whatever.

I don't have an issue of you claiming cor isn't top end DD, I only have an issue with your double standard. Despite what you think that support job shouldn't be able to dps well, so far Ive kill Escha sky T3 and neak faster than every single blm pt that I've seen, and have outparsed every single blm on woc. I'm not going to sit here pretending it can outparse blu in melee setup(it can't), nor claiming it can outparse rng in rng setup(it probably can't either). But in certain situation, with certain buffs, it's definitely top end just like smn, thf, rng, blm.

That's why when you pop in the mnk forum rant about community being biased, I find it ironic to see your double standard. You rage because people claiming thf, smn, rng doesn't always excel, but pretty much been doing the same thing when comparing cor dps to rdm and brd when they aren't the same.

SMN is also a hybrid job btw. So because you love SMN so much you don't allow people say anything bad about it but for jobs you clearly don't love you put it in same category as brd, ok. Last time I checked brd can't top parse on woc nor do 400k dmg on Neak in less than a min.

Claiming cor DD gear access is limited like rdm and brd is also complete BS. Besides mab dagger I can't think of many top DD gear that RNG has access to but cor doesn't. If anything some of the cor only gear actually surpasses rng.

Either way, most things in your above post is just plain wrong and biased, that's why I speak up. I have never pop in RNG forum telling people don't play it, only ever hinted it having less reward effort ratio to spend gil on, which is fact. I'm not going to pretend it's being used more often than Idris geo.

3) This is MNK forum, so get back to MNK k? If you want to make a claim of MNK being able to compete, post math or a parse that shows it can compete. Eyeballing ws avg or saying "70% of tiz blu" isn't helping selling the job.

So far there isn't one single testimonials saying mnk is competitive, both real experience and math on paper. How is it wrong to just state it? Or are you going to be happy if someone pop on the forum, make up a lie saying their mnk beats every single DD on their server?

A lot of people who ask "is this job worth gearing up for", they don't make choices only base on what they love(if they really love it they won't even ask), instead they make choice based on reward effort a bit more. Thus it's legit to provide accurate and objective information on jobs performance because that's what they ask for.

If someone that can't make god hand as easily ask whether it's worth it, and everyone pop on the forum saying "do etttt because god hand has god like dps" without any testimonials proving it can compete, it's just tricking people spending a LOT of effort into something that may not worth it for him. That's false advertising.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-05 14:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk sucks for a few reasons.

1) H2H WS are awful, and there is no getting around it.

2) How martial arts works. Every dual wield job can cap delay with just haste II. While say for example Godhands on MNK you would need 93 MA in gear to cap delay with both MA gifts on MNK. PUP actually gets more MA+ gear than MNK, so it is really not feasible at all.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-05 14:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You rage because people claiming thf, smn, rng doesn't always excel
That's not my point at all Afania, it's this bandwagoning play this job instead of that job behavior that is wrong which leads to people not even getting to play jobs they wish to play, I'd be one of the first to tell you ***is situational. Very basic checking with a parser in just SR showed MNK isn't doing entry level BLU dps or pld dps, with even a bit of effort thrown into the job those are hyperboles at best and just not true at all at worst and simply disproven, and that's why I spoke up. He plays 2 days a week and it's not even his main job, he didn't do ls events specifically for godhands he did them because those are the events we decided to do so they're just extra, someone dedicated to MNK could close the gap much more and as I said before situations and buffs favoring MNK would close it even more. Believe it or not I'm happiest when people get to enjoy the game doing what they want to do, and I find it really messed up how a message of let people play the jobs they wish to play turns into accusations like you're making or even saying I'm not even saying that and somehow telling everyone to just play my jobs which I've never done. I don't like arguing it's one of my least favorite things to do, I'm nonconformist but that's just because I not willing to swallow the ***with the sugar, and arguments are really just a result of pointing out the ***in everyone else's sugar they've been happily scarfing down, but sometimes you just got to point out the ***cuz it really bothers you. Even though I disagree on many points or some are just misinformed and I find most of your assumptions borderline insulting I'm just gonna leave it there, no insult toward you intended with this statement, but this conversation is fruitless and I addressed a lot of what you said already in my prior post, so again I'm just gonna leave it there ~_~ I really have no interest in a back and fort so if you want last words you can have them.
By Blazed1979 2016-09-05 15:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
It's sad there isn't one in this forum for MNK
I was/am one of those MNKs.

I was Asuran Fisting Kirins down vs KC DRKs when it was all the rage, and winning parses! I came up on MNK during KRT days. We were so good we power leveled BLM from BLM camp.

I sold more than 300 Empyreans solo on my MNK and WHM mule while people were still 10 manning Turul!

I terrorized you in your dreams in Ballista. My Cross Counters made sure all your children don't grow!

But like all my long term FFXI peers, we mastered and enjoyed other jobs. We've played long enough to know that SE will nerf and buff jobs periodically, so we keep all the jobs we enjoy decked out and mastered.

I, and many like me, don't play MNK at the moment as a form of protest. The less it is played, the more SE will pay attention to it. That's all they really care about. All the bitching, moaning and complaining in the world won't do anything. If you should know anything about the FFXI Dev team it would be they don't give a damn about anything but hard data.

I play many jobs and play them well. I'm competitive, and my MNK is most definitely decked out. Is it as pathetic as I have said on these forums? Absolutely *** yes it is. But everyone has different expectations of a job and their character. MNK is currently in the worst state it has ever been in, comparatively. It has not kept up with other DPS roles in scaling post gifts/job points.

All of the above is stated in the context that MNK's role is PURE physical DPS. It is an absolute waste of time to play the job now.

Anyone who would claim otherwise is free to transfer to Rag and I'll wipe my *** with their MNK using my MNK or any other job.
[+]
By Chaska 2016-09-05 15:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope there is a movie otw because there is no way i am reading all those walls of text.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-09-05 16:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Godhand owner myself I can confidently say that I won all the parses soloing Mandys outside of Adoulin.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-05 16:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaska said: »
I hope there is a movie otw because there is no way i am reading all those walls of text.

Think he's trying to say that MNK isn't as far behind as people think (if at all), but no one's really putting the effort into gear and such to prove anything 'cause of its ***reputation.

Maybe. I dunno. Guy needs a lesson on brevity.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-05 17:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that you should play what you want. But, I disagree about the gear thing. The majority of the best gear for MNK will be the best gear for other light armor DDs, such as BLU, minus a few job specific pieces.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-05 17:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
As a Godhand owner myself I can confidently say that I won all the parses soloing Mandys outside of Adoulin.

As a Relic holder for awesome counterstance, I am certain I can beat your parse soloing 5 frogs. With Trusts.
By Afania 2016-09-05 18:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaska said: »

Hey, at least I divided my wall of text with breaks and paragraphs :(
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 363 364 365