Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 262 263 264
By charlo999 2014-12-20 17:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It really is best to ignore him at this point. He doesn't make a good debate, and if it seems in any way he's looking wrong he just trolls or makes sarcastic remarks.
We all know at this point he believes spreadsheets tell all, and doesn't understand how to convert the data into real time situations using proper math. So ignorant describes him perfectly.
He always has to have the last word no matter how stupid it's making him look. Pointless.

Edit: also blu is best so is DNc stop bandwagoning thf blah blah blah we get it shut up.
By Eliseus 2014-12-20 17:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
It really is best to ignore him at this point. He doesn't make a good debate, and if it seems in any way he's looking wrong he just trolls or makes sarcastic remarks.
We all know at this point he believes spreadsheets tell all, and doesn't understand how to convert the data into real time situations using proper math. So ignorant describes him perfectly.
He always has to have the last word no matter how stupid it's making him look. Pointless.

Edit: also blu is best so is DNc stop bandwagoning thf blah blah blah we get it shut up.

Hey I got the last word earlier when the *** moron didn't know what a condition was and I had to copy/paste the definition for him since Google is hard.

He reminds me of my brothers, where they argue for the sake of arguing, no matter how dumb they look.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 17:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Math.

/Thread. Blow me. I'm pretty sure that 4648 is higher than 4256 anyone *** stupid enough to keep arguing?
 Siren.Iobox
Server: Siren
user: iobox
By Siren.Iobox 2014-12-20 17:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valli you're like a bad smell, time to move server and do another name change.

Stupid gil/account buying idiot go away and stop posting.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 17:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are averages, homegirl. Crits and/or unfavorable conditions are going to occasionally push Evisceration over Rudra's. Which is what I said.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 17:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as a reminder

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Spoilers: Dasva said that Evisceration can put out better numbers at 1000 TP(which is true)...

Evisceration is going to end up doing more than Rudra's at 1000 sometimes...
[+]
By charlo999 2014-12-20 17:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As always math with no workings out, gear sets, or situation. data using someone else's work.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean citing the spreadsheets isn't an unreasonable means to sourcing a claim, as it's what we base most of our conclusions on these days(for good reason, fallibility aside)

But he cited an average to contradict a deviation, which doesn't make much sense
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 17:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

See, even when you put it right in plain sight, idiots still argue. Point proven.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 17:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually said evisceration was better, imagine if your brain were complex enough to answer this post directly 8 hours ago.
Asura.Fiv said: »
Hes not the first and only person to imply you should use rudra at 1750 and that mercy stroke is stronger at 1000 or very close to 1000. Unless your specifically talking about evisceration? I have no idea about those numbers.

This entire issue is about your logic or lack of, and at some point you even said evisceration is stronger at exactly 1000 but not at 1001, so am i to assume your screenshot is 1001 tp?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 17:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fiv there was no point in any of my posts where I even pretended you existed. I'm sorry. If you thought I was addressing you, you weren't significant enough to respond to.

This is all clearly over your heads. And while it's entertaining to me, it's only entertaining for so long. After awhile it's so comical that it just becomes sad.

In the end, if you like using evisceration @ 1000% do it up. Main hand your sandung while you're at it, just please, *beg* screenshot it, so I can laugh at you.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even sure anymore

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-20 17:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, you really are as terrible as all these people are saying you are, its really embarrassing to pretend you didn't hear someone just because you refuse to acknowledge when your wrong.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-20 17:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
Just as a reminder
Spoilers: Dasva said that Evisceration can put out better numbers at 1000 TP(which is true)...
Evisceration is going to end up doing more than Rudra's at 1000 sometimes...
This makes me picture something like Morta; monsters with "critical hit rate taken - %" traits skewing it away from evisceration. And vice-versa.

There's more to it than that. For example, Evisceration's ability to naturally crit is less of a boon when ratio is higher.
By charlo999 2014-12-20 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And also more of a boon when cratio is low. Also in situations where you can buff crit rate/damage it would be drastically better. Like abyssea atmas or temp item potency.

I'd like to see the set he used for those numbers though.
By NeboJones 2014-12-20 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really the only legit argument against those numbers I've seen in this discussion. It's pretty easy to scew averages in favour of whatever you want by changing gear pieces.

That said, spread sheets aside, I have not been able to recreate a situation where evisceration wins.

CRatio is no longer a thing in SoA right? Unless you meant pDIF, which while true, also means acc is probably an issue and Rudra is also probably going to be stronger, on average in that situation as well.

I'd also like to ask this question and discuss becuase at 1000 tp vs 1750 (moonshade), in practice, I've never seen it double the damage on average. I'm assuming this is due to multi proces etc, but I'm curious as to your experiences?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 18:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as my part in this circus is concerned, demonstrating Rudra's practical superiority is unnecessary. I acknowledge that it's probably the case(I've neither asserted nor calculated to the contrary). My one and only position is, and always has been, that Dasva was not wrong in saying that if at a given time you decide to use Evisceration where you otherwise would have used Rudra's, you'll sometimes end up doing more damage by virtue of crits. Which is, again, why demonstrating that one averages higher than the other is entirely irrelevant. I'm referencing a deviation.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 18:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And also more of a boon when cratio is low. Also in situations where you can buff crit rate/damage it would be drastically better. Like abyssea atmas or temp item potency.

***outta luck on that one, run your own sheets for once. I'm not answering another thousand questions.

"why'd you use this" cause it's better.
"why not use this" cause it's not better.
"is this good for this" no, that's why it's not there.
"what about..." no.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-20 18:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In truth, most of us are probably on exactly the same page here. Valli's inability to participate in a discussion without flailing his arms in the air like a child is just obfuscating
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-20 18:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

In truth, most of us are probably on exactly the same page here. Valli's inability to participate in a discussion without flailing his arms in the air like a child is just obfuscating

I try to be nice, but after the Xth stupid question, I have to get my fun somewhere. If people would actually read ***, instead of asking the same thing over and over...

"I know his horse is dead but i'm just gonna keep beating it.jpg"
By charlo999 2014-12-20 18:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall ever asking for your numbers or advise. Please quote me otherwise.
I only ask that any data given from spreadsheets are properly translated into the situation, and gear sets are accounted for so people can agree/disagree within discussion.
By charlo999 2014-12-20 18:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »

That's really the only legit argument against those numbers I've seen in this discussion. It's pretty easy to scew averages in favour of whatever you want by changing gear pieces.

That said, spread sheets aside, I have not been able to recreate a situation where evisceration wins.

CRatio is no longer a thing in SoA right? Unless you meant pDIF, which while true, also means acc is probably an issue and Rudra is also probably going to be stronger, on average in that situation as well.

I'd also like to ask this question and discuss becuase at 1000 tp vs 1750 (moonshade), in practice, I've never seen it double the damage on average. I'm assuming this is due to multi proces etc, but I'm curious as to your experiences?

I'm sorry, yes I meant PDif.
Well as rudras demands you push dex and is one hit yes attack will be more of a problem than accuracy. Whereas evis will have the boost of crits while still pushing a high dex mod helping accuracy.

Personally though if att and acc started becoming more of a problem id just over tp to 300 more on my SA and TA WSs, to gaurantee the damage.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-20 18:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
If you don't remind them that they're stupid they'll never understand why they're wrong.
Your presence in a guide thread is not only pointless, but actually damaging. If you want to contribute to the thief community, please just leave.

Or stop being...whatever this *points* is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-20 18:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I understand where Valli is coming from. I think everyone who doesn't immediately agree with me just because I said so is also stupid.
By charlo999 2014-12-20 19:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As I understand it valli does everything with his shell anyway. I do PUGs a lot, and I've never seen him.
So why does he care about bandwagon thf? or that all other thfs are stupid and wrong?
Doesn't affect him.
All I can tell is it must be bragging rights.
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-12-20 19:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »
A 1,000 TP weaponskill is a 1,250 TP weaponskill with the earring, and fTP scales linearly between anchor points. The relative damage increase is therefore 15/8.25 = 1.82 times.
By NeboJones 2014-12-20 20:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, it hasn't even been close to that for me. I's usualy just a few K more damage to hold.
By Eliseus 2014-12-20 20:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to thank Valli for actually providing more than just people are dumb responses, though like many others said, there is variables where one could beat the other or your gear sets. I do applaud you though for starting to create coherent thoughts, to bad the end of your response still showed how much of an arrogant tool you are.

I'd also like to point out that no one is really disagreeing with you in the first place, just when a question is posed, you basically use your ignorance to tell people that they should of just naturally *** off. If you think you are so elite and God of thiefs, make a thread like other people have suggested to help all the "noobs" out there instead of complaining you have to keep repeating yourself. Though I've been keeping up with this thread for a while now and you don't repeat yourself as much as you think. You tend to talk like this "you are dumb I am right", then when someone responds to you, you say "I'm not repeating myself for the thousandth time". Repeating what? That we are dumb and you are right? Because that seems to be your logical basis for arguing.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 262 263 264