(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 204 205 206
 Odin.Esor
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-10-01 18:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

mala is an easy lowman to spam
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-01 18:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Mala and still say it doesn't exist.
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-01 23:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Esor said: »

What is your setup on this? I can't see less than 8 or 9 people capping lights every time, and that's quite a few people to gather to get to do something on my server
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2014-10-01 23:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kithaofcerb said: »

What is your setup on this? I can't see less than 8 or 9 people capping lights every time, and that's quite a few people to gather to get to do something on my server

Just use the shotgun-"get lucky" strategy. Take 4-6 people (hell we've killed him with 3), and spam the hell out of him for merits and gil.

But to be more useful, this setup covers a surprising number of procs:

WHM/SCH
BLM/DRK
NIN/WAR (or /DNC)
and then like, a MNK, or a SAM, or a BLU, or a BRD, whatever you want for the last slot.

We run with that for merits/gil and cap lights more often than not. Generally you get enough highly/3 procs on magic triggers to cap your red at the very least.

It does help to make sure you have all the proper temp items, if you're having trouble low-manning him.

And then it's just luck. I've seen more malas post-VW era than I ever did pre-Adoulin. Conversely, I just got my first mekira and toci's ever this month, and I've done hundreds of Pils and Kaggens. The VW-era SE drop gods were cruel and hilarious.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-01 23:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm/brd
Smn/Sch
are also good combos to bring.
We usually had just one dd like a sam tank it, and have 2nd frontline job just hang back since its super squishy and focus a bunch on fishing for backline staggers.
Very easy to cap with 6 if you go with odd subjobs to cover more procs, and bring cells to pump up alignment if you really want a mala.
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 00:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Terren said: »
kithaofcerb said: »

Just use the shotgun-"get lucky" strategy. Take 4-6 people (hell we've killed him with 3), and spam the hell out of him for merits and gil.

But to be more useful, this setup covers a surprising number of procs:

WHM/SCH
BLM/DRK
NIN/WAR (or /DNC)
and then like, a MNK, or a SAM, or a BLU, or a BRD, whatever you want for the last slot.

We run with that for merits/gil and cap lights more often than not. Generally you get enough highly/3 procs on magic triggers to cap your red at the very least.

It does help to make sure you have all the proper temp items, if you're having trouble low-manning him.

And then it's just luck. I've seen more malas post-VW era than I ever did pre-Adoulin. Conversely, I just got my first mekira and toci's ever this month, and I've done hundreds of Pils and Kaggens. The VW-era SE drop gods were cruel and hilarious.
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Blm/brd
Smn/Sch
are also good combos to bring.
We usually had just one dd like a sam tank it, and have 2nd frontline job just hang back since its super squishy and focus a bunch on fishing for backline staggers.
Very easy to cap with 6 if you go with odd subjobs to cover more procs, and bring cells to pump up alignment if you really want a mala.

Well thank you guys for all the info. As soon as I can actually finish these 6 million essays I guess I'll try to get my LS to come spam him with me. Need that Quadruple attack! Also would be fun to WS in it to get those random wtf numbers
By Ravenn42 2014-10-04 15:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I been farming a lot lately while playing other games without a goal. I now realize I have enough to make 2 relics . I am already half way into anni, so I will need to finish that but was thinking of building a Apoc. I don't think I can put the time in for a mythic so relic is my only option. I like to solo and it's one of the cheapest to make. Can you compete with other DD in end game with it, or is it only for solo/old content? Would I be better off making NIN relic, or war? I have ragnarok on my mule already as well.

Also one more question with the log in campaign giving salvage pieces would it be worth making ares gear? It seems it migh get a upgrade but have not heard yet?
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-05 20:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »

Also one more question with the log in campaign giving salvage pieces would it be worth making ares gear? It seems it migh get a upgrade but have not heard yet?

I thought it was only giving Usukane pieces atm? But I guess if you really want regen/refresh in one piece, that Ares body is waiting for you
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-05 20:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
I been farming a lot lately while playing other games without a goal. I now realize I have enough to make 2 relics . I am already half way into anni, so I will need to finish that but was thinking of building a Apoc. I don't think I can put the time in for a mythic so relic is my only option. I like to solo and it's one of the cheapest to make. Can you compete with other DD in end game with it, or is it only for solo/old content? Would I be better off making NIN relic, or war? I have ragnarok on my mule already as well.

Why not do a Ragnarok? That's DRK's better relic.
By Armangetto 2014-10-05 22:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a Gavialis helm from incursion tonight and was curious if it will beat a augmented Otomi helm, on the days it is active. Does it work like the Mekira-oto? On the description it says" Elemental weapon skill dmg + 30 depending on day."

My question would be, does the bonus only work with the shitty elemental ws's like Herculean Slash, Infernal Scythe? Or will it work with, reso, catastrophe, entropy ect?
By Davorin 2014-10-05 22:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You're looking at a 30/256 fTP to any weapon skills (physical or magical) whose skillchain elements match the day.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-05 23:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
You're looking at a 30/256 fTP to any weapon skills (physical or magical) whose skillchain elements match the day.

think he was looking for a yes or no answer. I think that answer is going to whoosh them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2014-10-05 23:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Davorin said: »

think he was looking for a yes or no answer. I think that answer is going to whoosh them.
In short, depending on the ingame day, yes. if your not matching, no :)
By Armangetto 2014-10-06 00:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, thanks for the clarification. How would one, macro it in when its the correct day, for example reso? Or use Otomi helm when its not?
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2014-10-06 00:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is SE planning on raising the Ilvl past 119? if so i have a sneaky suspicion that Emperyian and Ares would be next on the voment list.
By Davorin 2014-10-06 01:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-10-06 04:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Armangetto said: »
Great, thanks for the clarification. How would one, macro it in when its the correct day, for example reso? Or use Otomi helm when its not?

You don't macro it you spellcast it.
 Asura.Diggs
Server: Asura
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2014-10-06 06:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Abaddon said: »
Is SE planning on raising the Ilvl past 119? if so i have a sneaky suspicion that Emperyian and Ares would be next on the voment list.

Not meaning to be rude or anything, but isnt this just a liiiittle bit random posting in this thread?

For the records, I dont know but would not suprise me if they raised ilvl around the same time as an eventual lvl cap raise (hence the helptext on job points: lvl 99 and above)
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-06 10:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diggs said: »
Lakshmi.Abaddon said: »

Not meaning to be rude or anything, but isnt this just a liiiittle bit random posting in this thread?

For the records, I dont know but would not suprise me if they raised ilvl around the same time as an eventual lvl cap raise (hence the helptext on job points: lvl 99 and above)

I bet they'll give DRK some great buffs past 100, everyone wants another tier of resist paralyze
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-11 00:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any entropy sets they can share? I wont have apoc for another couple of weeks so I've been using entropy and cross reaper in the mean time. Someone posted cross reaper sets but I haven't seen one for entropy.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-11 18:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nauta said: »
Does anyone have any entropy sets they can share? I wont have apoc for another couple of weeks so I've been using entropy and cross reaper in the mean time. Someone posted cross reaper sets but I haven't seen one for entropy.
ItemSet 329478
Xaddi/Cizin+1 isnt too far off from the Fallen hands or Igno legs, depends on your monster target/gear availability and acc needs.

Shiva+1 does beat Ifrit+1 ring for 5/5 srs bizness entropy
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-11 18:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet! Thanks a bunch! Do you think 5/5 entropy is on par with cross reaper? I'm loving the utility from entropy on /sch or /whm and it closes or opens darkness with cross reaper which is pretty nifty.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-11 18:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross reaper doesnt really deliver for me so i'm all into entropy and have INT merits etc. I find it alot easier to spike past 10k with entropy.

For utility I /sch for WoE surge walks, if support is light or nonexistent for me to tank/get -na'd I just swap to a my nuke set and bliz3/cryohelix everything.
Its really fun to get a revitalizer 1-3x per surge walk and just go completely crazy on stuff with soul enslavement etc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-11 21:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I've never tried to nuke on /sch. I usually go /sch for dread spikes spam and some cures. I'll give nuking a shot! What path did u go on xaddi body for entropy?
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-12 08:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nauta said: »
Nice! I've never tried to nuke on /sch. I usually go /sch for dread spikes spam and some cures. I'll give nuking a shot! What path did u go on xaddi body for entropy?

I would think Xaddi body is path A, but maybe its something else in this case.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-12 08:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah path A is the default to make, undergearing on acc and missing hits or even entirely does happen on super hard stuff if you arent buffed (cause of dispelga or whatever).
Zennaroi earring is a good swap-in piece for more acc too, also you can throttle back from atheling to letais of course too.
The set above shoots for peak damage and assumes your acc/buffs are good.
By maldini 2014-10-17 11:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated Perfect Catastrophe set they can share?
I'd play with the dps spreadsheets but I don't have access to anything that can read them/modify them.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-17 12:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

One page back Legend posted some pretty solid Apoc sets including Cata.
By maldini 2014-10-17 12:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
One page back Legend posted some pretty solid Apoc sets including Cata.

I saw them but I had to ask because the TP sets are using steelflash/bladeborn instead of brutal/trux and xaddi/Mesyoh body instead of pak+1.
Wasn't sure if those were his best sets or the best sets you could make.

Also is moonshade no good for cata?
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 204 205 206