First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 19:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

No its not recovery spending. This was the money allocated for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that was the largest parts of the deficits of the Bush administration. The money that Obama time and time again refers to as "two wars we didnt pay for." Money we never should have borrowed or used. But as the wars end, Obama still wants to use this same money, that we never should have borrowed, year after year for other things now. I don't see why you cannot see the hypocrisy in that.
Federal budgets don't really work like that. Money allocated for war spending is used for just that - war spending. You don't just transfer funds from one account to another like its an online bank transaction. Still, the two amounts are nowhere near the same so I don't see how spending in recovery is the same as reckless spending in unnecessary war efforts.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-04 19:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You have effectively demonstrated that you DO NOT know what you are talking about when it comes to politics, policies, and have not added any form of constructive debate, highlighting your candidate, or proving against the other.

Also, 20 hours of college credit does not actually imply any sort of intelligence beyond being able to work for those 20 college credit hours. Most times you sit through lectures, and memorize something. It's been proven chimps can do that in the same capacity as humans.

Your move.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-04 19:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rise of the planet of the apes? O_o
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-04 19:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rmoney is the quintessential politician. The reason he has no plan is because he's not going to deliver on any of the promises he's making! What's more? When he fails, and he will, conservatives will sit back and say

1) It's because of economic downturn... completely out of his control!
2) It's God punishing the gays!
3) We have to reelect him because the liberals will undo America!!!!!

My opinion: I think the conservative vote is motivated by fear. People afraid that they will be in a worse situation next year than this year. Whereas, liberal vote is motivated by hope that this guy can improve the situation.

The truth is that the probability of either candidate changing things dramatically in your sphere of existence is close to zero.

It's nice to know that even if Rmoney is elected, Democrats are smart enough to know to work with him instead of sitting on their thumbs the way Republican legislators get off. Whereas, if Obama is reelected, we'll see more signs on the walls and drinking fountains that say "elephants only!!!!!!"
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-04 19:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also misogynistic :<
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 20:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you ever +2 that law degree? A +1 probably isn't cutting it these days.
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Server: Ragnarok
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-04 20:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My smart friends can beat up your dumb friends
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-04 20:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No offense, but I am on numerous political forums with people who would have your head spinning with facts you did not know. I think it is the sadist in me that likes to pop in to see what the pseudo-intellectual liberal brainwashed nerds have to say. It's like watching a train wreck.

And you wonder why people take offense. Other than the fact you spout utter hogwash without any way of substantiating it, although we're able to do just that, then you say "Oh hai gaiz, no offense but i think you're of sub par intellect and that you've been liberally brainwashed" like we haven't made some kind of informed decision based on the information we've actually cited.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-04 20:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

No its not recovery spending. This was the money allocated for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that was the largest parts of the deficits of the Bush administration. The money that Obama time and time again refers to as "two wars we didnt pay for." Money we never should have borrowed or used. But as the wars end, Obama still wants to use this same money, that we never should have borrowed, year after year for other things now. I don't see why you cannot see the hypocrisy in that.
Federal budgets don't really work like that. Money allocated for war spending is used for just that - war spending. You don't just transfer funds from one account to another like its an online bank transaction. Still, the two amounts are nowhere near the same so I don't see how spending in recovery is the same as reckless spending in unnecessary war efforts.

Exactly. Now you see the hypocrisy. The money we wont be spending on the wars, Obama refers to as savings he can spend elsewhere. Meaning the war spending coninues indefintely as the new baseline for the budget. If its savings you don't spend it. You don't borrow it.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-04 20:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
No offense, but I am on numerous political forums with people who would have your head spinning with facts you did not know.

You forgot:

Your *** is 5'2 body of a goddess?

You bench 380?

You'll be playing with your gf's *** in the club?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-04 20:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, he's not borrowing it from the military budget. That money is being saved by the military budget, to be used by the military.

Secondly, the money he IS spending, is coming from another source, specifically designed for economic relief. Kind of like how Alberta has a Heritage Savings Fund. It's money that has already been set aside for this very purpose.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-04 20:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Firstly, he's not borrowing it from the military budget. That money is being saved by the military budget, to be used by the military.

Secondly, the money he IS spending, is coming from another source, specifically designed for economic relief. Kind of like how Alberta has a Heritage Savings Fund. It's money that has already been set aside for this very purpose.

No. lol god read

He is taking the money that would be borrowed specifically to pay for the wars in iraq and Afghanistan as if the wars were actually continuuing. They are not. But he is using that extra borrowed money as the new baseline for all future budgets.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 20:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. Now you see the hypocrisy. The money we wont be spending on the wars, Obama refers to as savings he can spend elsewhere. Meaning the war spending coninues indefintely as the new baseline for the budget. If its savings you don't spend it. You don't borrow it.
No it still doesn't make sense unless Congress has budgeted the same amount of funds for recovery as it did for war spending.

This doesn't even touch on the fact that domestic spending has actual tangible benefits for people in this country as opposed to a foreign one. How is it hypocritical to spend money on something with tangible benefits and measurable ROI rather than throwing money into a figurative black hole in the Middle East?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 20:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No. lol god read

He is taking the money that would be borrowed specifically to pay for the wars in iraq and Afghanistan as if the wars were actually continuuing. They are not. But he is using that extra borrowed money as the new baseline for all future budgets.
You're arguing like you're privy to information that we are not. Would you like to share a source for these points you keep bringing up?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 20:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I love The Onion:

Sasha Obama Asks Father Why He Was Acting Like Such A Pussy During Debate

Biden Implores Obama To 'Rub One Out' Before Debate
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-04 20:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh my god. this is like talking to a wall. forget it. if you cannot understand that i can see why you support barack obama. i dont know how i can explain that any more clearly.

just because you like president obama does not mean you have to agree with him and defend him in all cases. if you think the deficits are bad, and you should, you should be calling him out on it.

if you can, and this might be fun. tell me something that Barack Obama has done as President that you disagree with.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-04 20:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No. lol god read

You're arguing like you're privy to information that we are not. Would you like to share a source for these points you keep bringing up?

My source is Barack Obama lol. I dont need to cite a source, he said it nearly every day that last month. Im sure you can find it if you rly want to. Get Sylow to google it for you.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-04 20:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

One way to make things more clear, is to cite sources of information, not bull a bunch of *** out of your ***, and use the cited sources of information to back up your claims. It's called Logic.

One of the many things I do not agree with, is Obama's idea that he does not officially recognize the capital of israel.

EDIT: Having a tangible, citable source, is probably the best way to make a claim worth reading, let alone worth agreeing to. First you say your source is Barack Obama, then say you don't need to cite a source for anything he's ever actually said.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-04 20:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I read an article in an on campus publication that theorized that Obama might be trying to get the GoP to throw serious money at the presidential race in order to diminish funds that could go toward Republican congressional campaigns.

It sounds far-fetched. Has anyone seen major media touting the same strategy?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 20:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not arguing that Obama has not added to the deficit. He has, that is not debatable. I just don't see how him adding a comparatively small amount relative to the previous administration's actions suddenly makes the entire deficit his or how adding that comparatively small amount is hypocritical. Especially when you take into account the differences in what the borrowed money is/was actually used for. Sorry, the case you're making just isn't making sense.

What I (strongly) disagree with: renewal of the Patriot Act. This extends to the Democratic Party in general, as well. It was extremely disappointing to see it pass and how quietly it was allowed to pass. It's a big reason why I don't identify myself as a Democrat anymore.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-04 20:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No. lol god read

No, lol. He's not taking that money from the wars and spending it. He's talking about reducing the deficit by cutting out programs that are entirely financed on debt. That doesn't balance the budget. His deficit reduction package is then in essence not really the 4 billion he claimed it to be. That doesn't mean he's playing a shell game with money, it means he oversstated his deficit reduction plan.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Liadeti
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nympha
By Quetzalcoatl.Liadeti 2012-10-04 20:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My source is Barack Obama lol. I dont need to cite a source, he said it nearly every day that last month. Im sure you can find it if you rly want to. Get Sylow to google it for you.

I don't quite know what to say to this lol. I'd like a source on this information too, but I really don't want to bog myself down with a google list of homemade youtube videos made by right-wing fundamentalists blindly spewing sourceless propaganda themselves. I kinda want, ya know.. some facts.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-04 20:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »

No. lol god read

No, lol. He's not taking that money from the wars and spending it. He's talking about reducing the deficit by cutting out programs that are entirely financed on debt. That doesn't balance the budget. His deficit reduction package is then in essence not really the 4 billion he claimed it to be. That doesn't mean he's playing a shell game with money, it means he oversstated his deficit reduction plan.

This is perhaps something you would like very much, but is by no means in any plan of President Obama.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-04 20:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Liadeti said: »

I don't quite know what to say to this lol. I'd like a source on this information too, but I really don't want to bog myself down with a google list of homemade youtube videos made by right-wing fundamentalists blindly spewing sourceless propaganda themselves. I kinda want, ya know.. some facts.

Here f#ck ill do the research for you. His own words. Enjoy. Its about 3 minutes in

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57428463-503544/obama-war-savings-should-be-devoted-to-middle-class-debt/?tag=contentMain;contentBody
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-04 20:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004818
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-04 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Liadeti said: »

Here f#ck ill do the research for you. His own words. Enjoy. Its about 3 minutes in

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57428463-503544/obama-war-savings-should-be-devoted-to-middle-class-debt/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Again, you're only right in part. As I said earlier, his deficit reduction plan doesn't work. The only way you could interpret it otherwise would be "we're borrowing more money to pay down our deficit" which is gibberish (unless you're refinancing, but that's a separate issue).

You seem to be confused on two separate issues. Deficit reduction is the process of taking surplus money from a period, and paying what you already owe (this decreases the deficit). Deficit spending is borrowing money to pay for things you can't afford right now (this increases the deficit). By stopping the wars, we reduce deficit spending, which while doesn't reduce the amount of money we currently owe (as per what Obama said in your example), but it does reduce the amount we will owe in the future because we're no longer borrowing to finance these wars.

On the other hand there still is no explanation by Romney on how to pay for his 5 trillion in tax cuts, other than some sort of mystical explosive growth.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25