Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-09-16 11:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Gyve_Doublet

That's an odd piece of equipment for NIN to be on.

We gonna look so fancy~
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Serkit
Server: Asura
user: Devin622
By Asura.Serkit 2015-10-23 13:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the cancel utsusemi on utsusemi ichi cast work for any of you guys? Im attempting to use it, ive tried every way on the internet and still cant get it to cancel the buff. or any buff for that matter.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-23 14:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Serkit said: »
Does the cancel utsusemi on utsusemi ichi cast work for any of you guys? Im attempting to use it, ive tried every way on the internet and still cant get it to cancel the buff. or any buff for that matter.
>.> did you try to click it off ?

or Cast Ni or San to Replace it ? >.>
 Asura.Serkit
user: Devin622
By Asura.Serkit 2015-10-23 14:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Im refering to my GS LUA that is written to cancel Ni on ichi cast.
should have been more specific
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-23 18:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have the 'Cancel' addon/plugin loaded?
By Sandmaster 2015-10-23 22:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Serkit said: »

I don't know about you, but with 15/15 Job points in 'Ninjitsu Casting time', then for Utsusemi macro's use Mochizuki Chainmail +1, Magoraga beads, and I mainhand Aizushintogo total of -27% Utsusemi casting time, then Fast Cast in appropriate places (I added it to MAB+20 (and Macc+20) Taeon pieces and i'm not sure if its been tested to see if SE have put a sneaky cap on Utsusemi casting time, but its pointless trying to cancel 'San' say while casting Ichi because even Ichi casts fast. I did have a problem with canceling because I remember we could cancel around the '~50%' mark and Ichi will take the place of a timely canceled 'Ni'.

There is so much stuff available to boost Utsusemi's cast time tbf that its most likely that stopping from it working ... ?

Secondly - I think Nin is amazing atm. I'm showing ppl that the job now has real utillity. It can tank mobs whose attack's arn't classed as 'TP Moves' or who arn't spammy with enfeebs like silenga, slowga, sleepga etc, it can reach very high +Evasion, I don't know if many have tried this, but Rawhide is my +EVA set (Head/Body/feet + emp+1 hands has some +40EVA on them) couped with So many pieces like Yarak Torque, Vengeful ring, Infused Earring etc then with at least 1 Katana with high Eva (I offhand Raicho+1 usually) and you will find AA's on Normal will miss.

Thirdly, I think Nin is a superb DD - all the new gear is a godsend from Altana - so much Triple Attack+, STP, Crit rate+, Crit dmg+, Accuracy<, +DEX & +AGL. A Pld tank, Innin, Geo or Brd + 3 Trust inc Apu and you can tank down most T1's. Having capped weapon delay speed with the base +30% crit rate from Innin SC Hi > Chant > Shun and you have a killer 3-some!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-31 15:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the verdict on escha sky abjuration pieces? Looking to see if any of them are considered stellar but guides have not been updated in quite some time I see.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2016-01-28 16:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't look like anyone is following this thread these days, but I'll ask anyways... Has anyone tested the stun rate on Kanaria augments yet? I got "Addt. Effect Stun +10" twice today with fern stones but didn't have any other noteworthy augments to go with it, so I kept my ACC/ATT/DMG augments. at the rate that NIN swings, 10% stun rate on each hand seems like it would stun lock most things. Has anyone who has a pair of them tried that augment out?
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2016-01-28 18:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Most gear discussions moved to this thread:
Here

And Mamushito +1 were 5% activations. Could try with those old weapons.
By Sandmaster 2016-01-28 19:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Add effect Stun +10 is great, but would'nt MACC still play an issue?

For example, if you got 'Counter +10' but your ACC is so low your only connecting 50% of hits then that +10 Counter turns into a 5% counter rate.

Obviously fighting in DD gear or a combo of DD/-DT your not going to be fighting in MACC gear. That gear is used for landing Ninjutsu's etc so I'm not sure how 'add effect stun +10' would work.

If you had it on 2 Katana's then yeah with the speed we swing mob's should get stun locked and they would be amazing Katana's. I just can't see the +10 not being affeced by MACC. Maybe a DNC could answer better with say exactly how Violent Flourish works. Also, the Add effect might only work on the first swing (not DA/TA/QA's).

I would love to see some test data on something like this as it could be amazingly useful, or just a flop.

It would be great if we all had 3-4 Kanaria's on hand ^^
 Asura.Keja
user: Cleric
By Asura.Keja 2016-01-28 20:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »

Kanaria has some MACC on it..

[Main] All Races
DPS: 3357 DMG:127 Delay:227 Accuracy+15 Attack+10 Ranged Accuracy+15 Ranged Attack+10 Evasion+22 Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Store TP"+5 "Fast Cast"+5%
LV 99 NIN

Plus NIN gets MACC job traits!
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2016-01-28 22:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see some test data on something like this as it could be amazingly useful, or just a flop.

Decided to go for it. What the hell, stones are easy to get. It's a flop. Stun +10, fought @ 100 sharks, a couple warders, etc. in Escha Ru'aun and saw it proc maybe 4-5 times total. Had a feeling that I would have heard about it by now if it was any good. Oh well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-28 23:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Keja said: »
Kanaria has some MACC on it..
That's the minimum level of macc skill that any 119 one-hand weapon can possess. It's not a bonus, but the baseline for the 119 meta. Something with a meaningful relative bonus to macc would have plain macc and/or a greater amount of macc skill. Nagi 119 for example has macc+30 and macc skill+215, for 57 more macc than Kanaria.

Quote:
Plus NIN gets MACC job traits!
NIN doesn't get the Magic Accuracy Bonus trait, only the usual bonuses from gifts.
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-30 00:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone happen to know where one can find a decent nin lua with magic att sets and ele ws sets? I don't know enough to make my own and all the ones I see on pastebin and such are very basic. Not looking for super complicated just need the above sets. Thanks.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-30 01:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Anyone happen to know where one can find a decent nin lua with magic att sets and ele ws sets? I don't know enough to make my own and all the ones I see on pastebin and such are very basic. Not looking for super complicated just need the above sets. Thanks.
Nothing complicated, simply need sets added to your lua called
Code
sets.midcast.ElementalNinjutsu
sets.precast.WS['nameofweaponskill']
By Sandmaster 2016-01-30 23:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »

Decided to go for it. What the hell, stones are easy to get. It's a flop. Stun +10, fought @ 100 sharks, a couple warders, etc. in Escha Ru'aun and saw it proc maybe 4-5 times total. Had a feeling that I would have heard about it by now if it was any good. Oh well.

Nice one for testing it;

if you still have it perhaps you could single wield it and att some campaign mob's, would only need to kill 2-3 to find out if you get a ~10% stun rate when you have capped Magic Accuracy. They are also 'ITG' and you know how sometimes these add effect's don't work on NM's etc (Pretty sure I can't Colossal Blow NM's using Denouncments). Finally and again thx for confirming what we presumed but I would'nt of picked Ru'An Shark's as i'm sure they have some lightning based att's, they could have some additional resistance as Stun is lightning aligned.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-02-22 23:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Which SET be best for TP on NIN ?

PATH C Katana (ACC+15 DMG:+15 ATK+15)
Ochu (DMG:+9 STR+4 DEX+6 Ninjutsu Skill+6)

PATH A Body and Hands (AGI+10 DEX+10 ACC+15)
Mantle (STR+1 DEX+2 Skillchain DMG+2% Weapon Skill DMG+4%)
Feet (ACC+10 ATK+19 Triple ATTACK +4%)

ItemSet 342081

OR

PATH C Katana (ACC+15 DMG:+15 ATK+15)
Ochu (DMG:+9 STR+4 DEX+6 Ninjutsu Skill+6)

PATH A Body (AGI+10 DEX+10 ACC+15)
Mantle (STR+1 DEX+2 Skillchain DMG+2% Weapon Skill DMG+4%)
Feet (ACC+10 ATK+19 Triple ATTACK +4%)
Hands (CAP) (ACC+15 R.ACC+15 Triple Attack+3% MDT-4%)

ItemSet 342082

OR

ItemSet 337232

Or

replace Aizushintogo with my other Ochu (STR+2 DEX+4 NINJUTSU +5)

Please help ><

Thank you :D
By Boshi 2016-02-22 23:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the set for? judging by the amount of dw+ for solo no trusts? Then dw hands.

In a party you don't really need any dw+ at all.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-23 01:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you can get your hands on a Kanaria w/ decent DMG aug (or RMEA), Aizushintogo is only really worth using when not capping delay reduction. And you should cap any time you can use trusts or get decent party buffs. If you're ever under-buffed for whatever reason it's good though.

Also depends wildly on what you're doing. If you have significant Acc needs, Shigi's prob gonna be your best offhand. If you're trying to get big MBs (and still maintain reasonable physical DD), at least one Ochu and possible 2 might be worth it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-02-23 17:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
What is the set for? judging by the amount of dw+ for solo no trusts? Then dw hands.

well, i did said on my 1st phrase "TP settup" XD
By Boshi 2016-02-24 12:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

TP setup solo no trusts vs party tp with haste are very different.

NIN is native DW tier5 which means that with magic haste capped, it is exactly 1 (one) dw short of cap. Any DW+ past cap is only going to serve as negative store tp with no additional benefit to swinging delay.

Pretty much no reason to have any DW+ at all unless solo with no trusts. (salvage, besieged, limbus, some rare bcnms, ballista)

so suggestions to go for brutal/cessance earrings, samnuha tights, dampening tam, adhemar or herc hands ect.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-02-25 12:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

TP setup solo no trusts vs party tp with haste are very different.

NIN is native DW tier5 which means that with magic haste capped, it is exactly 1 (one) dw short of cap. Any DW+ past cap is only going to serve as negative store tp with no additional benefit to swinging delay.

Pretty much no reason to have any DW+ at all unless solo with no trusts. (salvage, besieged, limbus, some rare bcnms, ballista)

so suggestions to go for brutal/cessance earrings, samnuha tights, dampening tam, adhemar or herc hands ect.

Thanks, I made a new Trial Set so I can see how it would go # wise

Katanas: Ochu x2 V.S. Aizushintogo x1 + Ochu x1 ????

Ochu # 1 = DMG:+9 STR+4 DEX+6 Ninjutsu Skill+6
Ochu # 2 = STR+2 DEX+4 Ninjutsu Skill+5
Aizushintogo (PATH C) DMG+15 ACC+15 ATK+15

Any thoughts ?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-02-26 01:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have taken up nin and I am loving it in this lv99 age, i played it back on nin/brd tanking days. However I normally/always am solo when I play nin. This means at best im getting haste (dont have koru yet for haste 2) and ulimas non buffed marches. Right now I am at gear wise capped on gear haste and i have around 34 DW in gear at my disposal. I am unsure how with job traits etc how much i should be aiming for. Help! :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-26 02:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Capped gear haste is 256/1024 (25%).

Capped magic haste is 448/1024 (43.75%).

Haste II is 307/1024 (29.98%).

Capped gear+magic haste is 704/1024 (68.75%).

Capped gear haste + Haste II is 563/1024 (54.98%).

Total delay reduction = (1-haste)*(1-DW)

You can rearrange this equation to isolate DW: 1-(total/(1-haste))

Plug in 0.2 as your total delay reduction, use whatever quantity of haste you have, and solve.

Capped gear+magic: 1-(0.2/(1-0.6875))=0.36

Capped gear+Haste II: 1-(0.2/(1-0.5498))=0.5558
Haste I is 150/1024, NIN's base DW is 35%. See if you can work out how much you need.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-03-09 23:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So i pick up my relic katana this week :D very exciting for me since im return player finally completing a 10 yr old dream.

My question is this: can anyone post a high tier ws set? Also what is a good solo sc I can do? would metsu > shun be the best?

next what offhand do you use with relic? I have shigi atm and figured the acc is needed since kik has none.
By Boshi 2016-03-09 23:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest Ochu from SR normally, Shigi for maxx acc+ situations.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-03-10 12:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
So i pick up my relic katana this week :D very exciting for me since im return player finally completing a 10 yr old dream.

My question is this: can anyone post a high tier ws set? Also what is a good solo sc I can do? would metsu > shun be the best?

next what offhand do you use with relic? I have shigi atm and figured the acc is needed since kik has none.

Grats on finishing Kikoku!

Metsu > Metsu = Darkness
Hi > HI = Darkness

Both are good for Apex crab parties if you're bursting bliz.

ItemSet 342442

All Herc pieces are DEX 10~15, TA +4, and ACC/ATT +25~30.

Taka and aug'd Kanaria are also options depending on acc needs. Aizushintogo is okay, but the DW does hurt you when capped.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-03-10 18:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »

Congrats on the relic! I'm also near completing my 10,000 Pluton for 119-III Kikoku (should be done by the weekend!).

One correction though: although Kikoku/Kannagi/Nagi don't have a straight up "Accuracy" stat, fully upgraded RMEA do all have 269 skill, 27 more than the standard 242 skill for a mainhand 1h lv119 weapon. That translates to roughly 24 accuracy (skill x 0.9).

That being said, I also lean toward Shigi offhand on anything where Acc is relevant, thanks to the low delay and very strong accuracy. I don't have Taka (from Reisenjima HELM NM Vinipata), and I'd imagine that not a ton of people do, but that's probably best overall offhand if you don't need the additional acc.

There are many other situational options on NIN too though, most notably:
- Kanaria (general DD, depending on augs)
- Aizushintogo (DW if not getting sufficient buffs)
- Ochu (particularly when you're attempting to MB, but still solid overall DD stats)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 254 255 256