oh, I thought it was this one.

Is that what it actually looks like? That's awesome! lmao
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-04-05 12:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

how about the body in a crit build? Or still taeon lol. Just trying to not become a cooker cutter you know? But I guess best is the best that's why everyone aims for that.
 Ragnarok.Sirpepy
Server: Ragnarok
user: pepy
By Ragnarok.Sirpepy 2015-04-08 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what's the Highest Value you can get on WSDMG for Izuna and which of the two leaf stones is better?
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-09 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
how about the body in a crit build? Or still taeon lol. Just trying to not become a cooker cutter you know? But I guess best is the best that's why everyone aims for that.
Plugged in Hattori Ningi+1 and for TP it is > Taeon acc/att+20, str/dex+7, ta+2 by Set:DPS of 10pts but for Blade:Hi Hattori+1 Ningi < Taeon acc/att, crit rate+3, crit dmg+3
This is pretty much what I'm seeing...
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46308/ninja-equipment-sets-april-2015/#2869681 cept
— Blade:Hi Lugra+1 combo dusk til dawn > agi+8 and anything else
— Blade: Shun [I'm guessing Metsu also] Taeon str/dex+7 > Taeon dex+10
— Blade: Shun [I'm guessing Metsu also] Floestone > Jukukik feather
— Garuda+1, Ramuh+1, or Ifrit+1 > Eponas for Hi,Shun,Metsu,Kamu
— Taeon 4/5 if not 5/5 is still the best TP Set aug acc/att+20, str/dex+7, ta+2 and also doubles as best WS Set for majority pieces in Shun, Metsu, Kamu
gdiShun said: »
Came back a few days ago. Couldn't find an updated spreadsheet so here. >_>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr3q6hp7wywhwx3/NIN-Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0

Fixed some issues from my previous ones. Added the new gifts and some of the new gear.

Let me know if there's any issues.
Since you're only one that tested Shun I noticed your Blade:Shun FTP 1.0 and Att Bonus -8%, Att1 75%, Att2 75%. I guess that's as close as we know.
Blade:Hi should be Crit0 15%, Crit1 5%, Crit2 5%
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-09 23:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I made some changes based on your feedback. Now, I got a question.
What would make a better Waist piece selection for Blade: Hi? I've been trying to figure that out for quite some time.

What I've seen in many sets that has been posted where with Windbuffet Belt +1, but I'm not convinced. Would Sveltesse Gouriz +1 be a better choice?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-09 23:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing better for Blade:Hi atm unless your acc is low then some WS Set pieces change like Windb+1 turns into Fotia Belt last I checked.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-09 23:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What about selecting an offhand weapon for Ninja?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-04-09 23:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TA/QA+2% is really hard to give up. Only time you'd actually swap it out is if you need accuracy/attack, then you switch to other options. For me its either buffet+1 or anguinus/caudata/fotia for accuracy options.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-09 23:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That and I'm not sure if ppl noticed but Gavialis helm blows away even Taeon when days match. Shun I have it 397pt increase to WSA and loss of -85pts when day doesn't match. Gavialis works for both Shun and Kamu. Not sure about Metsu. Doesn't work for Blade:Hi.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-10 00:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lat time I joined as CP party I went as Ninja (Mid February) and my Shun outperformed Hi. Could possibly be that my Blade: Hi set was mediocre.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-04-10 00:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shun just does really consistent damage compared to hi on higher level targets due to ddex. So your crit rate is lower than usual against those. It always performs average for me anyway when I do sih gates diremites even riding AM3. Damage can be pretty random lol.
By gdiShun 2015-04-10 00:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »

Fixed some issues from my previous ones. Added the new gifts and some of the new gear.

Since you're only one that tested Shun I noticed your Blade:Shun FTP 1.0 and Att Bonus -8%, Att1 75%, Att2 75%. I guess that's as close as we know.

Fixed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr3q6hp7wywhwx3/NIN-Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0 (same link :x)

The Shun attack bonus is a rough approximation based on comparing what I was getting with what the spreadsheet said I should be averaging. Definitely flawed, especially considering the targets were the Tarichuks, which, as you may have saw, have very uneducated guesses for their VIT and AGI values. The 300% value was also just a shot in the dark as I was capping Attack on them well before the full ~150% Attack bonus would've taken effect IIRC. So again, definitely flawed but it is also definitely more accurate than the -8, 5, 5 that it was. I'd love to figure out the exact numbers but it's just beyond me.

The Tarichuks are in Dho Gates IIRC(entered from the Magicite teleporter thing in Foret) for anyone curious.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-13 06:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr3q6hp7wywhwx3/NIN-Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0 (same link :x)

The Shun attack bonus is a rough approximation based on comparing what I was getting with what the spreadsheet said I should be averaging. Definitely flawed, especially considering the targets were the Tarichuks, which, as you may have saw, have very uneducated guesses for their VIT and AGI values. The 300% value was also just a shot in the dark as I was capping Attack on them well before the full ~150% Attack bonus would've taken effect IIRC. So again, definitely flawed but it is also definitely more accurate than the -8, 5, 5 that it was. I'd love to figure out the exact numbers but it's just beyond me.

The Tarichuks are in Dho Gates IIRC(entered from the Magicite teleporter thing in Foret) for anyone curious.

I'm having an Issue where I would apply the same gear for both SET, yet SET 1 > SET 2. Any reason as to why that is?
  • WS DMG SET 1 > SET 2

• Base TP Rounds SET 1 < SET 2

• Base TP Time SET1 < SET 2

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-13 08:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »

I'm having an Issue where I would apply the same gear for both SET, yet SET 1 > SET 2. Any reason as to why that is?
  • WS DMG SET 1 > SET 2

• Base TP Rounds SET 1 < SET 2

• Base TP Time SET1 < SET 2

Have you made sure all buffs from the Setup tab are identical between both sets? That would be the first thing to rule out before digging through formulas.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-13 15:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be, i began learning to use the spreadsheet since this morning. But the dicference was by a small margin
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-07 00:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Can any well geared NIN tell me if with a MAB set you could solo the elementals quickly in Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia? Would be very interested to know. You'd need to be able to do about 6k dmg in short order to a lvl 109 elemental. I know you can do decent dmg with magic bursting especially since it's 3x now, but wondered if you could flat out nuke things at all. I know the base dmg for san spells is low, like what on par with stone I? Still with the amount of magic dmg gear out there couldn't use use something like these? I realize this would be only for elementals and you'd lose your tp but still:
eosuchus club
Chidori

BG-wiki isn't clear but it seems to say the base dmg on a san spell is about 150. This would add another 195 onto that. marin staff+1 is only 217. Then there's other pieces of magic dmg+ and MAB. Just wondered if anyone tried it out as tier I and tier 2 spamming with magic dmg gear is a pretty good strat for alot of content on mages now.

Marin Staff can't be used by NIN. If all you are doing is nuking, you can use the two weapons listed above. Or you can make an Alluvian Skirmish katana to use with Chidori, with Magic Damage+ and MAB/M.Acc augments.

as for the rest of the gear, this set is listed in the other gear thread.
ItemSet 330450
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-07 01:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Marin Staff can't be used by NIN
I know, but it's the best magic dmg staff for mages so I put that for comparison in stats.

Thank you for the set, do you know how much dmg you could expect to do?

well, its the best for Wind, and Ngqoqwanb is the best for Ice. Overall though, Keraunos is the best with good augments. Same stats as Marin +1, but you can add and additional MAB+25 or MAB/M.Acc+20, INT+23 or Magic Damage +15, and Fast Cast or Magic Burst+. But random augment can suck.

as far as expected damage... i want to say they adjusted base damage a few months ago, and the ~150 for San is wrong. Somewhere there was a pic of Magic burst damage, that showed San doing 7k+ i want to say. I cant find it now though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-05-07 14:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted some screenshots of my Ninja self magic bursting, but I deleted them from the other post because it was before the Magic Burst update. I think if you search my name, you are able to find those screenshots.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-05-07 14:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Look me uo at the player search, where the screenshots are.

As for non MB nukes, i forgot.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-08 04:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can any well geared NIN tell me if with a MAB set you could solo the elementals quickly in Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia? Would be very interested to know. You'd need to be able to do about 6k dmg in short order to a lvl 109 elemental. I know you can do decent dmg with magic bursting especially since it's 3x now, but wondered if you could flat out nuke things at all. I know the base dmg for san spells is low, like what on par with stone I? Still with the amount of magic dmg gear out there couldn't use use something like these? I realize this would be only for elementals and you'd lose your tp but still:
eosuchus club
Chidori

BG-wiki isn't clear but it seems to say the base dmg on a san spell is about 150. This would add another 195 onto that. marin staff+1 is only 217. Then there's other pieces of magic dmg+ and MAB. Just wondered if anyone tried it out as tier I and tier 2 spamming with magic dmg gear is a pretty good strat for alot of content on mages now.

I did yorcia alluvion almost exclusively as Nin/dnc a few weeks and I found it more than sufficient to just melee down elementals.
Do you have any data on your killspeed nuking? My attempts were underwhelming.
I have a chidori and i'd love an excuse to use it, but that means giving up kikoku mainhand or oat offhand and gimping tp rate cause you still need to melee, meh.
You can cap hitrate with an offhand oat taikogane and use a max dualwield low/nobuff set so you are a highly effective soloist meleeing.

Prioritizing killing everything with melee before trying to nuke the gefryst+ungeweder+ice ele just seemed the better way to go. 90%+ of the time though I had a sch or a rdm picking off those 3 kinds because they know they're the worst of the bunch for a ninja to tackle.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-08 08:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried nuking elementals in Yorica II with Chidori + Eosuchus. It's been a while, but I think it took about 5-6 Ni spells to kill one. If you Futae, you can do a little over 2k dmg.

For me, it was just annoying. Some of the elementals suck for nin, and then I'd keep taking that club on/off every time butterflies pop. I prefer running around on COR with tact roll and one-shotting everything.

Can any well geared NIN tell me if with a MAB set you could solo the elementals quickly in Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia? Would be very interested to know.

If you do this, I'd adjust that set that was posted. Magic damage is always better than Matk for ninja nukes. Aput mantle > Toro, etc.

If you're interested in soloing yorcia II on NIN, and all you care about is getting the gear, then use eudaemon sash. You'll get a lot more butterflies/fluterini instead of elementals.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-05-08 09:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

build tp on fly and ws on ele, much faster than switching out weapons trying to nuke the ele.
[+]
 Cerberus.Decimation
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-05-17 18:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone has an up to date Nin.lua they wouldn't mind sharing with things like, Gav helm/Lugra earring rules in it, also something with Utsusemi Rules etc for San (Shadow canceling/precast/endcast), and lastly I am finding most typical nin.lua's only have 3-4 haste tiers, and don't include Haste II in any of the tiers. Any help would be appreciated since I am fairly new to GS and lua's m(_ _)m
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-18 13:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Decimation said: »
Just wondering if anyone has an up to date Nin.lua they wouldn't mind sharing with things like, Gav helm/Lugra earring rules in it, also something with Utsusemi Rules etc for San (Shadow canceling/precast/endcast), and lastly I am finding most typical nin.lua's only have 3-4 haste tiers, and don't include Haste II in any of the tiers. Any help would be appreciated since I am fairly new to GS and lua's m(_ _)m

Mine has everything you mention, plus a bit more. You will also need my user-globals for it to work.

Gearswap can't determine the difference between haste I & II. My personal preference is to handle this with a toggle. By default haste sets are changed in/out under the assumption that "haste" is equal to 15%. If you toggle haste mode (window key + F9) it assumes haste = 30%. Both modes toggle between the same sets. (0/15/30/35/Max) This can be "clunky" when both spells are being cast on you, but it is what it is...

Otherwise, it handles ammo swaps for Sange with low ammo warning, Reive neck rules, has TH tagging mode from Mote's THF lua using Chaac Belt, has /run element cycles + activation key bindings, rules for Lugra earring, Capacity mantle, Trepidity Mantle, Tengu-No-Hane, Gav Helm, and custom AM timers + icons for kannagi.

I'm working on Nagi at the moment, but won't likely have any rules for it until it's complete.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 253 254 255