A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2023-12-18 15:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always under the impression that Grimoire was additive to fast cast, and in the same bucket subject to the 80% cap for the casting timer reduction, but that Grimoire went beyond that cap for recast timer ONLY.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-26 17:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a stupid question; but as a complete mage noob looking to pick up scholar, how do you set up your macro books? Do you have a page for each element? or set up pages by Tier? Do you have pre- built skillchains on buttons for fastest possible immanence timing?

I havn't set up a lua for it yet, but I'll likely use Arislan's as a starting point. I assume they'll have some keys mapped, or maybe even a Elemental toggle to reduce the amount of pages used. I know for RUN / COR theres a single button for runes / quick draw and you toggle the element via the lua.

I'd love to see / be told some example templates so I can get accustomed to something the right way rather than changing it along the way once I've already developed somewhat of a muscle memory.

SCH to me seems really complicated compared to the jobs I play, so any help would be appreciated!
 Asura.Suuhja
user: suuhja
By Asura.Suuhja 2023-12-26 17:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a modified version of Elizabet's luas for RDM SCH BLM GEO.

It's nice in that you can cycle elements and then have a single macro bar entry each for t1, t2, t3, t4, t5, helix, helix2, etc.

Other things that found their way onto the bar are kaustra, "open sc," "close sc," absorb-tp, ebullience, enlightenment, food, and whatever weapon skills i tend to be using at the time.

I find all the buffing and white magic can be managed easily enough with shortcuts and don't really require macro spots.

If you prefer a more vanilla approach, I'd recommend reading Lute's blog even though it's in Japanese. His macro bars are very well thought out and conducive to high level vanilla play.

Just DM me if you'd like to see my actual luas.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-26 17:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also do you guys use the /echo after actions to keep track of your stratagemns, or an add-on? I saw the one add-on floating around that was a white or black book based on which arts your in that kept track of your strats, but I know a static member of mine had an echo tied to stuff. Mainly just wondering if theres a better add-on out there or if it's better just to keep it simple.
 Bahamut.Picapants
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Picapants 2023-12-26 18:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The SCH-Hud add-on is very simple. Timers plugin also keeps tracks of stratagems, but the hud addon is just a much better visual aid than timers.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55678/sch-hud-addon/
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-26 18:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Picapants said: »
The SCH-Hud add-on is very simple. Timers plugin also keeps tracks of stratagems, but the hud addon is just a much better visual aid than timers.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55678/sch-hud-addon/

That's exactly the one I saw in passing awhile back. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2024-03-16 21:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at helix duration today:
With the set form here:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/All_Jobs_Gear_Sets/Scholar

I was getting 4:14 duration
I added a bookworm cape that took it to 5:00
then Tabula and bookworm it was 5:52

Is that the longest duration that we can reach at the moment?
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101