Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-10 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi gave Bloodborne a 9/10! :D It won him over weeee!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By crimsondragon 2016-11-10 23:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
yeah bloodborne atmosphere and bosses and lore were amazing and top tier, like 30+ moves for some of them and almost every one was unique animations and phases

Dark souls 1 gameplay mechanics made it extremely fun even 4000 hours later, designing builds to destroy other builds endlessly ftw

Dark souls 3 had the best level design by far

and dark souls 2 had really good npc help support for new gamers and really good player controls and realistic jumping. of course I'm going to *** die if I fall like 4 stories, why wouldn't I lol

I played Dark Souls 2, it was alright but I thought the gameplay was a bit stiff/clunky. Is D3 any smoother?

Post deleted by User.
By crimsondragon 2016-11-10 23:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
yeah bloodborne atmosphere and bosses and lore were amazing and top tier, like 30+ moves for some of them and almost every one was unique animations and phases

Dark souls 1 gameplay mechanics made it extremely fun even 4000 hours later, designing builds to destroy other builds endlessly ftw

Dark souls 3 had the best level design by far

and dark souls 2 had really good npc help support for new gamers and really good player controls and realistic jumping. of course I'm going to *** die if I fall like 4 stories, why wouldn't I lol

I played Dark Souls 2, it was alright but I thought the gameplay was a bit stiff/clunky. Is D3 any smoother?
Dark souls 3 is quicker and smoother gameplay yeah but the monster placement and level design is near flawless so you'll never be stuck frustrated or on a dead end etc

Boss battles are 1000x better designed as well. for example check out this one I did awhile ago and look how well the boss moves. hit boxes are 10x more accurate as well thankfully.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looks awesome thanks for the vid.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-11-11 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne: Complete Edition Bundle (full game + The Old Hunters DLC) is currently 60% off on PSN. It's going for $19.99, so you save $30 on its original $49.99 price tag. Offer ends on November 15th.

Just bought today, really looking forward to it!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-11 12:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Bloodborne: Complete Edition Bundle (full game + The Old Hunters DLC) is currently 60% off on PSN. It's going for $19.99, so you save $30 on its original $49.99 price tag. Offer ends on November 15th.

Just bought today, really looking forward to it!
Bloodborne is super fun I'm sure you'll enjoy it, the game mechanics encourage a more aggressive play style than a Souls game but you'll get the hang of it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2016-11-14 00:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, Attunement also boosts your agility stat.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-11-17 07:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gold.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-17 22:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-24 14:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

5 best Favorite bosses across all games so far

5. Mirror Knight
4. Vicar Amelia
3. Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower
2. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
1. Artorias

Hmm, for me it would be...

5. Maneaters(along with pretty much all of the Tower of Latria)
4. Father Gascoigne
2. Twin Princes Lothric and Lorian
1. Sif, The Great Grey Wolf

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-24 18:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the choices might be different if I'd played the games in a different order. Like, I'm sure I'd have more appreciation for some of the Demons' Souls bosses if I hadn't already encountered their enhanced/better designed forms in the later games.

I actually had a pretty hard time deciding. I actually really like all the bosses except for Orphan of Kos and his constant screeching. Thought about it, and I decided to list bosses that I thought had neat mechanics/coolest intros/most fearful feeling.

Like the Maneaters aren't that hard in my opinion, but it's the first actual Gargoyle fight in the Souls series. The area is really really narrow and dark, and the darkness combined with them actually flying in from the side and stuff, makes it really creepy. That whole section of the Tower of Latria makes me feel fear to a degree.

Gascoigne had a whole backstory, and he pretty much outlines the entire premise of Bloodborne. Not only that, but there were multiple ways to fight with him, and a special item that could help you if you were bad with your gun/didn't have it cause of being too skillful to die before finding him.

#3 just had a really bad *** intro, ya know? Getting up like that, and suddenly being so tall lol. Cool fight, cool music, cool everything pretty much.

Twin Princes rocked my world on my first playthrough of DS3. They probably killed me more times than the Nameless King, and I didn't notice the elevator for the easier to deal with shortcut back to them, so I spent a lot of time running back across that bridge just to get to them. Their music was cool, and after I got the hang of it, the teleportation mechanic became cool, rather than annoying. They got a really baller theme too. Also Lothric is a little ***, his dialogue annoys me so much lol. I think it's one of the few bosses to legitimately piss me off.

Sif was the make or break fight for me. I had over 30 attempts at trying to beat him on my first playthrough of DS1. Because I used to be and still am somewhat challenged when it comes to finding staircases and ladders, Sif was my 4th boss in Dark Souls 1 on my first playthrough. I fought the Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, and the Moonlight Butterfly. I missed the staircase up to the gargoyles, and didn't know what door the key to lower undead burg went to(I had to ask Kalila where to go after I killed Sif). So I went out in the Darkroot Garden, and kept fighting through it, and got to Sif. He was very hard for me, because I had the fat roll, since I was using the BK Greatsword +3 and full Elite Knight's Armor set. I got him really close on like the 7 try, but he killed me. I tried fighting him in lighter armor, and I did better, but still no dice. Finally I leveled up a few times, and fought him in Elite Knight's set again, with the mid roll, and I beat him. It was like attempt 31 or 32. Very hard for me back then. I was like level 38 I think, when I killed him, maybe 40+. The rest of the game was somewhat easy after that. I mean, I know I was decked out, but just that experience really carried me and motivated me to do the rest of Dark Souls lol.

Also, I guess I should go back and play all of DS1 expansion. I never found Kalameet.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-11-24 18:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Played a bit of DS2, NG+1. The double Pursuers fight was complete BS. I blew like 20 effigies on it lol. It's funny how the Pursuer is pathetically easy, but fight 2 at the same time and you'll find much trouble to find a window for healing. I really cursed the guy in charge of changing how Estus heals in this game a lot lol.
A faster build with better Agilit would've made my life a lot easier.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-24 22:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What made you stop on the DLC?
Hmm? I killed Manus, so I thought I was done with it lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-24 23:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Where? I don't remember ever seeing him. I remember that chester guy with the mask and stuff. I remember fighting and killing Artorias with the normal BK sword's dash attack. I remember Ciaran asking for his soul.

Gonna hafta to replay DS1 just to do the DLC again lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-24 23:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No memory of that whatsoever lol.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-11-25 00:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did that fight last night, trick is to just line them up so you can do attacks that hit them both and that way they trip over each other's collision detections
That's very RNG based. They almost always use different moves that move them in different directions, require me to dodge in different directions, and they dodge towards different directions after they have executed their moves.
What I did was focus my damage on one while trying to keep them both within my field of vision. I was very close several times but bad RNG (and slow Estus animation and healing over time..) ruined my chances, so I tried different strats (hence the many attempts) till I decided to go back to my old strat. I ran out of the room expecting them to peace out, ran back in and only one them did...so I just considered it a happy accident and killed the remaining one. Warped back again and killed the other.

If I had better Agility and a faster buildI'm sure I would've had a much easier time. What was your build like?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-25 01:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa man, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne have spoiled me. Playing DS1 again, and it's like... damn, I feel like I'm more stiff than in Demon Souls lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 224 225 226