MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-06-13 00:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
The Shape of Bloodborne: Gameplay & Setting
YouTube Video Placeholder

Question for people who use this topic, would you like Bloodborne posts to be here or in a new topic? I have no problem either way, though I'll change the title to Dark Souls & Bloodborne if it stays here.
soooooo hyped~~
makes me glad i own a ps4 now
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-13 13:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok yet again I'm moaning about invaders like I did with Dark Souls but I guess in Dark Souls the moaning was less justified.

Basically this guy backstabbed me even though from my perspective they were right in front of me and then had the audacity to mock me with an emote after I died.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 18:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Ok yet again I'm moaning about invaders like I did with Dark Souls but I guess in Dark Souls the moaning was less justified.

Basically this guy backstabbed me even though from my perspective they were right in front of me and then had the audacity to mock me with an emote after I died.
That's always been dark souls PvP, unless it's a PvP spot where you bow to each other and fight fairly.

I like that the players actually created the bow before you start and not developers, shows how people respect each other as opponents and won't break moral code just to get a cheap win.

Then there are the 10 year old's that don't know the meaning of respect or honor and will do anything for a kill, including modding their game save so they can't die unless they fall.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 18:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Miyazaki: Bloodborne Will Be a “Real Game for Game Lovers”
PS4 Hardware Beyond Expectations”
by Giuseppe Nelva (3 hours ago)

Even before its official announcement at E3 Bloodborne turned a lot of heads. It was still called “Project Beast,” exposed by a blurry leak, and many were already looking at it as one of the biggest games of E3. This doesn’t seem to phase Game Director Hidetaka Miyazaki, as he explained on Famitsu.

Miyazaki-san was asked if he’s in any way worried about making a game that has sparked high expectations worldwide, since so far it’s one of the few Japanese PS4 games competing on the western stage.

I’m not particularly worried about that. As far as I’m concerned, whether it’s for overseas or for Japan, I make games to please people that love games. That’s it. That hasn’t changed even with this new title. After that, I’ll let the folks at the publisher Sony do their best. (laughs)

Since this is a new game on a completely new hardware, this is a title that presents many challenges to us. yet, I think this is a game very much in line with what we are. The fundamental production philosophy didn’t change from the times of Demon’s Souls and it’s making “a real game for those that love games.”

Miyazaki-san also mentioned his impressions about working with PS4:

PlayStation 4 is a console beyond expectations. While this game is still being developed, It’s very exciting to imagine its final form, and I think that this hardware makes this kind of game possible.

When asked if the unique features of the PS4, like Share, will be implemented into the game, he answered:

I think Share is an attractive feature. We’re still considering how to concretely take advantage of it with Sony.

Personally, I’m very eager to see and hear more about Bloodborne. It was unveiled in the most unorthodox way possible, but it has quickly caught the attention of many, including mine. It’s refreshing to hear that despite the attention and the new hardware, Miyazaki-san intends to apply his usual development philosophy that brought us awesome games in the past.
[+]
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-06-13 18:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »

That's always been dark souls PvP, unless it's a PvP spot where you bow to each other and fight fairly.

I like that the players actually created the bow before you start and not developers, shows how people respect each other as opponents and won't break moral code just to get a cheap win.

Then there are the 10 year old's that don't know the meaning of respect or honor and will do anything for a kill, including modding their game save so they can't die unless they fall.
My favorite mod is the one that allows them to teleport you into The Abyss if they hit you at all, shield up or not. Half the time, your Bloodstain is left on the stairwell to The Abyss or in it.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 23:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne Leaked Trailer PS4 6/14/2014

Bloodborne Gameplay Demo - E3 2014

VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 23:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A large GIF D;
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 23:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://soundcloud.com/roetaka/beckon-a-foul-beast-bloodborne-inspired
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 23:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-13 23:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1500 x 844 images~

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-06-14 00:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh, looks like a game about monsters and folk lore creatures :O Do Want.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-14 00:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that the level design is very similar to how DS1 was.

that's what i missed when playing DS2 the most I think.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-14 00:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
posting a 24 megabyte gif on ffxiah takes cajones.
so.... you want me to spoiler it? :<
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-06-14 00:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, right clicking and viewing works fine, but spoiler is just convenient while not having to load another pagetab. :O
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-14 00:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

spoilered :O
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-14 01:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I like hunting Belfry phantoms myself, but I don't bow there. I get tons of hate mail, but not a single one ever let me finish a 1v1 if a second phantom entered the game. I do it, but I've never been extended the same courtesy. I've gone so far as to, as a Belfry phantom, killing a red phantom that invaded. It was 3vHost, so I murdered the red phantom, let the host kill the other invader, and then murdered the host after I let him heal to full. Good times.
 Ragnarok.Unalteredbeast
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tadakatsu
By Ragnarok.Unalteredbeast 2014-06-14 02:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I agree with you 100%. I really liked that dark atmosphere that they brought to the game in DS1. It really made me feel like i was right there in the game all alone against all these dark creatures. I really didn't feel that at all when i played DS2.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-14 07:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unalteredbeast said: »
Quote:

I agree with you 100%. I really liked that dark atmosphere that they brought to the game in DS1. It really made me feel like i was right there in the game all alone against all these dark creatures. I really didn't feel that at all when i played DS2.

I found DS2 extremely easy mode compared to DS1
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-14 11:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing so bad at No-Man's Wharf that it's become a bit of a ghost town from the lack of enemies who aren't respawning anymore.

Oh well, always have the darkstalkers if I need some souls, left them since they're a nuisance, so glad for lighting up the area, makes it a bit like easy mode.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-14 12:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a Bonfire Ascetic to respawn enemies. In No Man's Warf there's also a Red-Shadow NPC Invader that drops the "True" Set of Aurorous. The Set with much higher defense and is actually a visible piece of armor.

Make sure you max your Item Discovery, as this enemy only respawns once per Ascetic. (I think I hit Bonfire Level 36 before I finished the set)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-14 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Use a Bonfire Ascetic to respawn enemies. In No Man's Warf there's also a Red-Shadow NPC Invader that drops the "True" Set of Aurorous. The Set with much higher defense and is actually a visible piece of armor.

Make sure you max your Item Discovery, as this enemy only respawns once per Ascetic. (I think I hit Bonfire Level 36 before I finished the set)
Didn't come across this guy yet, is it the same as DS where they only spawn when you're human?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-14 12:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Didn't come across this guy yet, is it the same as DS where they only spawn when you're human?

I actually don't think so. He's on the boat, the same boat where you fight Flexile Sentry.

It has to be on NG+ (Bonfire Level 2) for him to spawn. Also, if you do want to farm the armor, you must kill the Flexile Sentry... He's actually a fairly difficult boss on NG+ because of the adds in there. That said, the Adds drop some sweet Ninja Gear too.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-06-14 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see multiple weapon options. As badass as the trailer weapon is, customization is one of my favorite aspects of the souls series.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-06-14 15:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find a weapon that has the same move set as the claymore. I have used it so much that I am so used to thrusting. It has a long reach but I'm sure there is a better weapon any ideas?

Also what is a good armor set to upgrade? Just got havels but it is 2 heavy?
By Raein Tilgung 2014-06-14 15:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Royal Greatsword has the same move set as the Claymore, but it's significantly weaker and has worse range.

Armor doesn't make a huge difference. Just mix and match until you get desired results.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-14 16:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think armor is really important, but that's a personal preference. I build tanky. I used the Drangleic set for a long time, then Mastadon's Set for about 70% of the game, and finished in Havel's. It is a total *** to take me down unless you get a clean dark magic hit on me, but even then, I've raised my dark resist high enough to take 2-3 hits from it without a shield block.

I've had plenty of invaders hit me and it doesn't even look like my HP went down with how much armor and physical stats I have.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2014-06-14 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit on Adaptability, since it was mentioned before.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-14 17:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
Glad to see multiple weapon options. As badass as the trailer weapon is, customization is one of my favorite aspects of the souls series.
The character is customization as well. Of course there is that one character they use for story / trailer reasons, but we will design our own character just like any souls game.
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 224 225 226