New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 255 256 257 ... 446 447 448
By Yandaime 2016-02-03 18:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
in the event that everyone is on crack, then I'm obviously wrong because I'm working with flawed info.

Yeah, apparently my AoE Damage dropping from 1,500-2,000s to 500-800s with no change in tactic other than making sure the Crab has no buffs on him whatsoever is Placebo. And for 28 wins no less. It's not the weirdest gimmick SE's ever done so I didn't even bat an eye at it. "It spams buffs.. must be a clue.."

Idk, I only want to help but I've said all I can say. If you are hurting to get the Crab killed, you can hop over to Valefore for 3 days and drop Mortlock (That's Me) a /tell and we can go kill it if you want. You can also send a mule there and send tells to Achilleez (the LS RNG I helped) Presidente and Rioitz if you'd like whitnesses or something or whatever. I'm not gonna go to the trouble of buying a DVR device to make a youtube vid so that's really the best I can do

Not gonna polute the forums with talks of the Demon anymore. Who here thinks SE's "Melee and Ranged Damage Adjustment" is gonna place greater influence on Attack/Ranged Attack Values? Dia III likely to be our new best friends along with Tenebral Crush? ohhh the possibilities
[+]
By Yandaime 2016-02-03 18:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and for those who don't already get the Demon Reference..

Crab Battle!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-02-03 18:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, I guess I got my banana. Part of me doesn't want to do trials because of how long the stupid moogle takes to give them to you.

[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 03:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I THINK that's everything updated that I meant to do tonight. I still have the Mythic sets to get to, but those will be done before the weekend. If anybody can think of additions or changes, or finds any mistakes, make sure to nag me in the thread.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-04 03:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad I left this thing in capable hands, you've been doing a great job Oraen. Keep the legacy alive \o/

Yandaime said: »
Rioitz

Tell Rio he's a ***spatula and to get on mumble more often
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-04 04:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Only bothered to look at the max accuracy TP set since I'm an accuracy *** after moving on to doing Maju with melee and thus need all the acc I can get. Couple improvements would be Carmine Mask +1 and Carmine legs +1. Mask provides about 17 more accuracy over a max Dampening Tam, and legs are 7 less accuracy than HQ Adhemar alone, however with the set bonus from the mask it gains a 13 accuracy advantage. Adhemar hands +1 would also provide more accuracy (albeit only 1 or 2) than even DEX15 Acc40 Herculean Gloves, though good luck ever seeing those in the first place. Ramuh Ring +1 can grant either the same amount or 1 more accuracy than Cacoethic +1 depending on current DEX value, but also contributes to your dDex.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 04:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have mentioned that I specifically left out HQ abjuration gear due to some comments from the last big update that they were too unobtainable for most players. I'll make a note concerning the HQ gear to clear it up a bit.

As for the Cacoethic ring, that's more just to offer an alternative to a fairly pricey item.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to remove HQ abjuration gear from some miscellaneous sets. Whoops. That probably didn't help to make sense of why HQs were left out of TP stuff.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-04 04:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar +1, I would agree. Carmine +1 isn't particularly difficult to get your hands on, though. I first noticed Carmine +1 in the Requiescat set anyway, so I'm not completely sure what is and isn't "off-limits" on improvement suggestions.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 04:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I didn't touch the Requiescat sets because...Requiescat. I'll make the changes.

EDIT: Fixed the sets in question and added a disclaimer concerning why HQ gear was excluded. If people would like, I can build sets using them, but last time I did that people, on average, preferred to keep them out of the equation. If you guys want the extra sets just let me know and I'll get to it.
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-02-04 05:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the great work.

Silly point, but the mainhand/offhand is reversed in one of the melee set. Although I would hope people would figure out which way to use their weapons.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-02-04 06:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I would recommend for self cure set: switch out telchine hands/legs for buremte gloves and gyve trousers. This won't bring your mnd as much as telchine, but it's a way to max cure pot/cure pot received without having to aug anything (which we know can be very painful :( )
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-02-04 07:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the answer is MAB III, but gonna ask just in case.

If I am blu/rdm, I get Magic Attack Bonus II. If I then set 16 points of Magic Attack Bonus spells (Subduction and Spectral Floe, for example), and I have the 100 JP gift, do I end up with MAB III, or MAB V?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-04 08:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB III, highest tier takes precedence. BLM/RDM doesn't gain two extra tiers through its subjob.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-02-04 08:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »

If I am blu/rdm, I get Magic Attack Bonus II. If I then set 16 points of Magic Attack Bonus spells (Subduction and Spectral Floe, for example), and I have the 100 JP gift, do I end up with MAB III, or MAB V?
All I got to say is go check my post on page 252!
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-02-04 08:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Cerberus.Jeffil said: »

All I got to say is go check my post on page 252!

Page 252? How'd I miss it? :) :)

Thanks mate.
By maxdecphoenix 2016-02-04 14:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
in the event that everyone is on crack, then I'm obviously wrong because I'm working with flawed info.

Yeah, apparently my AoE Damage dropping from 1,500-2,000s to 500-800s with no change in tactic other than making sure the Crab has no buffs on him whatsoever is Placebo. And for 28 wins no less. It's not the weirdest gimmick SE's ever done so I didn't even bat an eye at it. "It spams buffs.. must be a clue.."

Idk, I only want to help but I've said all I can say. If you are hurting to get the Crab killed, you can hop over to Valefore for 3 days and drop Mortlock (That's Me) a /tell and we can go kill it if you want. You can also send a mule there and send tells to Achilleez (the LS RNG I helped) Presidente and Rioitz if you'd like whitnesses or something or whatever. I'm not gonna go to the trouble of buying a DVR device to make a youtube vid so that's really the best I can do

Not gonna polute the forums with talks of the Demon anymore. Who here thinks SE's "Melee and Ranged Damage Adjustment" is gonna place greater influence on Attack/Ranged Attack Values? Dia III likely to be our new best friends along with Tenebral Crush? ohhh the possibilities

Still waiting on you to post affirmative proof that debuffing him does what you say, otherwise i'll take the multiple videos that exist on YT the affirmatively show you can not possibly be right. Again, it would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE simple to do.

and yet again, I never asked for your help.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-04 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The pissing contest can stop now, we've all had quite enough.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-04 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Who here thinks SE's "Melee and Ranged Damage Adjustment" is gonna place greater influence on Attack/Ranged Attack Values? Dia III likely to be our new best friends along with Tenebral Crush? ohhh the possibilities

Maaan: GEO, RDM, BLU, DNC, WHM, COR could seriously asplode some enemy defense. Dia III with Light Shot, Chaos Roll, DNC steps, our Tenebral Crush, and Fury+Frailty. Paper thin defense on high level NMs! Find some decent 3 way WS for BLU, DNC, COR.

If needed, GEO could do more acc/enemy evasion and RDM does Distract III for wrecking enemy evasion.
By Yandaime 2016-02-04 15:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Who here thinks SE's "Melee and Ranged Damage Adjustment" is gonna place greater influence on Attack/Ranged Attack Values? Dia III likely to be our new best friends along with Tenebral Crush? ohhh the possibilities

Maaan: GEO, RDM, BLU, DNC, WHM, COR could seriously asplode some enemy defense. Dia III with Light Shot, Chaos Roll, DNC steps, our Tenebral Crush, and Fury+Frailty. Paper thin defense on high level NMs! Find some decent 3 way WS for BLU, DNC, COR.

If needed, GEO could do more acc/enemy evasion and RDM does Distract III for wrecking enemy evasion.

Yesssss lol I mean don't get me wrong, it feels like SEs making the game "easier mode" again but it could still be fun before it gets boring at least
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-02-04 17:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
If anybody can think of additions or changes, or finds any mistakes, make sure to nag me in the thread.

I think it has been brought up before, but with how otherwise comprehensive the guide is, adding a section for nuking weapons - if not other niche weapon applications - seems like it could be worthwhile.

Not because they're things that necessarily take running through a spreadsheet to determine which come out on top. Putting a section like that in would be 90% to highlight that optimal nuking weapons are not the same as optimal melee weapons. Plenty of people reading this already know that, but there are probably plenty that may not, and might benefit from the inclusion.

At one time, this was probably just put into the AoE nuking thread, but I think that's not been updated much.

Just a suggestion though. Thank you for all of your hard work in keeping this guide updated.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-02-04 18:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I THINK that's everything updated that I meant to do tonight. I still have the Mythic sets to get to, but those will be done before the weekend. If anybody can think of additions or changes, or finds any mistakes, make sure to nag me in the thread.

Wouldn't psycloth lappas be better than lengo pants for MAcc?

We are talking 44 INT and 15 MAcc vs 40 INT and 35 MAcc. The extra 2% FC is a nice bonus too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-04 19:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Path D Psycloth is BIS for macc, yes.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 19:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I dun goofed, sorry. It was 2 AM when I was putting the finishing touches on stuff, muh bad.
 Valefor.Rioitz
Server: Valefor
user: Rioitz
By Valefor.Rioitz 2016-02-04 19:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm glad I left this thing in capable hands, you've been doing a great job Oraen. Keep the legacy alive \o/

Rioitz

Tell Rio he's a ***spatula and to get on mumble more often

<3 :D
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 19:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, the only spots I have Lengo in are Idle and the MAB macc swaps sets. I have Lengo in there because they have a lot more MAB than Psycloth Lappas, and I wanted to show slots where you could get additional macc without sacrificing too much MAB. Lappas are 100% our best magic accuracy legs, but you lose a ton of MAB if you're using them as a nuking piece.
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-02-04 19:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp, my bad. Didn't see the "MAB" bit before MAcc.

Out of interest. For the high level elemental spells we have, is there any situation where other pieces beat Amalric? I know their mods are not always INT (e.g. STR on lengo is higher for example).

Also, apart from pixie +1, was there any other specific element piece? I think there was an earth neck or something.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 20:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Earth has quanpur necklace, light has Weatherspoon ring. and dark also has archon ring.

I believe that during Burst Affinity, dropping small amounts of MAB for a decent chunk of the modifying stat will net you better results. However, I don't have any concrete conversion numbers, as magic damage calculations have never been my strong suit. If anybody does have solid formula for that, I'd love to know so we could get it incorporated into the guide.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-02-04 21:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I see in the guide that the TP bonus doesnt work off hand? CWhat is the source for this statement? all I can find on BG Forums is you can't do the Aftermath....but TP+500 is still going to be a thing?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-04 21:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it was a thread here, actually, talking about some information from the JP wiki. So, we're not positive yet, but that's what JPs have been reporting. They do love messing with the rest of the playerbase. I've still got all of the Reisen T4s/HELMs to clear before I can test myself, so I'm just relying on initial reports.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-05 05:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it was a thread here, actually, talking about some information from the JP wiki. So, we're not positive yet, but that's what JPs have been reporting. They do love messing with the rest of the playerbase. I've still got all of the Reisen T4s/HELMs to clear before I can test myself, so I'm just relying on initial reports.

Since some NA group already has aeonic, maybe they can confirm this.
First Page 2 3 ... 255 256 257 ... 446 447 448