Link | Quote | Reply

On first glance, Rail Cannon is meh.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-09 02:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it isn't very good, got 5.2k with BA in INT/MAB gear, but it may have some quirk. will test it shortly.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-09-09 02:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Restoral is just about as awesome as I would have thought though. 1036 cured in like HP gear just so I could see how high it could go. I imagine in an actual build, it would do handsomely. Too bad so many set points and that you wouldn't want to use it unless you needed to - in turn making it more dangerous.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-09-09 02:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
yeah it isn't very good, got 5.2k with BA in INT/MAB gear, but it may have some quirk. will test it shortly.

6300. But I am using maguc plus dmg gear and a few buffs from my sch mule like weather.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-09 02:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

diffusion ray deals less dmg to mobs on the fringe of the cone, just like the chariot version

looks to have 2.0dINT and some MND WSC

rail cannon also has 2.0dINT and MND WSC

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-09 03:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

no. it functions like a normal heal, mnd/vit/healing skill/cure pot. self target only, just like pollen. 1MND = 1.5HP, 1VIT = 0.5HP. Base = 641 (strange number, maybe 640 with some off rounding). 1234 in self heal set.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-09 04:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

sinker drill is the only one worth trying to fit in rly

Looking like 1.025~1.125fTP@0, 60~100%WSC STR/DEX at the moment. Will refine data later. Pulling around 10.5k in STR/DEX gear with 300TP on baby mobs in Ceizak, totally a reasonable benchmark for the power of the spell. Least we know fTP scales quite high

Store TP can reach tier 3 with all 5 spells equipped.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-09-09 08:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark skill chain plus crit hit attack, better figure a way :p
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-09 08:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This Sinker Drill CDC Darkness pleases me....
ESPECIALLY when it gives a crit bonus from being set... all the CDC crits... ^_^

It seems to have nice mods on it too:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
60~100%WSC STR/DEX
I like those numbers!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-09 09:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

no. it functions like a normal heal, mnd/vit/healing skill/cure pot. self target only, just like pollen. 1MND = 1.5HP, 1VIT = 0.5HP. Base = 641 (strange number, maybe 640 with some off rounding). 1234 in self heal set.

A self target only cure vi... What a waste of Dev resources.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-09 09:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, crit att bonus, you guys are spoiled!
By Hiroshima 2014-09-09 10:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started leveling blu and have run into an issue with a couple of low level spells and could use some advise. When I try to cast Claw Cyclone or Metallic Body, I get ...A command error has occurred. I asked around the LS and, and some party members, all of them say they remember something like that happening to them a long time ago but don't remember what. Now as I said these are low level spells but as I learn more spells my concern is that this same error will occur to newer more powerful spells. Any advice you guys can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-09-09 10:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiroshima said: »
I just started leveling blu and have run into an issue with a couple of low level spells and could use some advise. When I try to cast Claw Cyclone or Metallic Body, I get ...A command error has occurred. I asked around the LS and, and some party members, all of them say they remember something like that happening to them a long time ago but don't remember what. Now as I said these are low level spells but as I learn more spells my concern is that this same error will occur to newer more powerful spells. Any advice you guys can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you setting the spells? BLU spells need to be set before you can cast them.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-09-09 11:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why people are surprised by Restoral. We've had the spell description for a while, and it's pretty explicit.
[+]
By Hiroshima 2014-09-09 11:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »

Are you setting the spells? BLU spells need to be set before you can cast them.

Yes they are set.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-09-09 11:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Not sure why people are surprised by Restoral. We've had the spell description for a while, and it's pretty explicit.

Well it still could have been situationally useful if it had a low mp cost, and/or a lower set point cost/better job trait.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-09 11:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiroshima said: »

Thanks

This is an issue with Beastmaster Ready commands sharing the same names. I, for the life of me, can't remember how to fix it. Google it and you should get the answer.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2014-09-09 13:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 12825 BA + rail cannon in incursion - not sure why damage varies so much. sometimes 3000, sometimes 5000-6000

edit: was not a magic burst either
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-09-09 13:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

(BA rail cannon) 18063 on umbril, cuz i knew it would be fun

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-09 14:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ditch Occultation, it's unreliable, costs way too much MP to keep up, and gets wiped by AoE's. Even with Tizona you can't justify the set points and lack of use.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-09-09 14:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Small change, but Pyric Bulwark was ninja edited to light element.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-09 15:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Ditch Occultation, it's unreliable, costs way too much MP to keep up, and gets wiped by AoE's. Even with Tizona you can't justify the set points and lack of use.

Not true, especially with Tizona. I've had it save my life a bunch of times on things that don't constantly aoe.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-09 15:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Occultation can be pretty useful even sans Tizona, particularly if I'm not using my MP on much else and am mostly focusing on melee.

That said, I don't consider it to be a standard thing that I set and if I'm that worried about dying to blinkable attacks, I'm probably /NIN. It's important to keep in mind that we lose less by going /NIN than most(all?) other melees.

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Dark skill chain plus crit hit attack, better figure a way :p

This is my spell set, I dont readily see a way without lossing other traits like TA:
barbed crescent
delta thrust
empty thrash
glutinous dart: hate to drop nice for range pull
heavy strike
quad. continuum
sudden lunge
thrashing assault
whirl of rage: like this for when I can use AoE stun
blazing bound
fantod
nat. meditation
animating wail
erratic flutter
frightful roar: Sometimes I forget to cast but usually first thing I cast
occultation: 10 shadows is a life saver cant see dropping this
white wind
cocoon
winds of promy.
mortal ray

Might be able to drop a few to fit it in but not sure how that would effect overall damage/survive-ability.

Bolded are all things you can situationally remove (in Roar's case, that would be if someone else is using a -DEF source that doesn't stack with, if the target is highly/completely resistant, if you're able to cap attack without it, or if things are just dying too quickly for enfeebles to matter). Just use your brain.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-09 15:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

Not true, especially with Tizona. I've had it save my life a bunch of times on things that don't constantly aoe.

In a general DD sense, Occultation is not worth your time. If its something that hits often but not hard, you're generally better off rolling a DT set and cocoon, if it hits hard you should be /NIN. There are very few situations where Occ. is worth setting or using where you wouldn't be better off with a different job or configuration.

Siren.Kyte said: »
That said, I don't consider it to be a standard thing that I set and if I'm that worried about dying to blinkable attacks, I'm probably /NIN. It's important to keep in mind that we lose less by going /NIN than most(all?) other melees.

Probably a tossup between BLU and MNK for what /NIN costs you. But, I see a lot of BLU's running around /DNC, /RDM, /WHM, etc. I rarely see them /NIN even for battlefields and things of the D or VD nature.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-09-09 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually this is one reason I've been working on small hit builds with clubs. Dropping to dw1 puts me in a spot for a 5 hit (+ws) and gives me another 16 set points to work with. Also sinker is stronger than thrashing by about 15% and is also piercing (from some quick napkin testing)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 446 447 448