Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 841 842 843 844 845
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-05 12:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
118 mil per R25 weapon

As Thorny said, bazaars cap out at 100m, so no item could ever be worth over 100m in a bazaar. This severely limits the value proposition of this whole endeavor, especially with weapons being the price they are RN.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 12:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed that part
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 12:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay me 20m then I bazaar it for 99m

Thinking bazaar cap is a limiting factor is silly. Don't even have to get creative to get around it.

"But they'll steal my 20m!" As you buy an item you shouldn't be able to buy. Unlikely.

And no, you will not get banned for buying. And no they will not take it away.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 12:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Live look at Eiryl sitting at his computer 24/7 waiting for someone to buy his bazaar'd R25 weapons:
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-05 12:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine /yelling with fbsdfbshdjbfjhs trying to convince people to give you 20m and they promise they'll bazaar a R25 Rostam for you.

So you (the customer) can save *drum roll please* 5m.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 12:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends if fbsdfbshdjbfjhs is a mithra or galka.
By K123 2024-05-05 13:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know why you keep mentioning weapons and 99m limit, there are necks too.

Also GM would just say "report it to the STF" and obviously noone is saying someone should open a full bazaar in the middle of a city. My understanding of people buying gil is they meet up in person to trade. This would be the same except they'd bazaar the object.

Last of all, noone is saying it would make a killing, but have you seen some of the inefficient things some Chinese RMT do to make a few dollars of gil?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 13:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but like, your entire argument is still nonsense. You're trying to appeal to common sense and say that 'if it was possible, people would've done it'. Except, it was possible. I verified it myself. If you don't believe me, you can look at the initial commit of bazaar.cpp from bellhopv4, where I specifically check if item is augmented to avoid doing that[dated 2021]. It is still possible now. If you don't believe me, you can use auctionhelper and do it.

Even your false equivalence argument falls apart, because at face value it isn't useful and the amount of extra legwork to make it viable is silly. If it was actually that practical, you know you can do it now, why aren't either of you running out to? I don't get it.

You can already go to a RMT and buy an augmented SU5. They trade you a Su5 and some heroism crystals and you spend 3 minutes running to oboro.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 14:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero risk: sell unauged JSE Necks, Dyna weapons, heroism

Very high risk due to very visible and absolutely undeniable illegal actions at next to no gain: sell R25 JSE necks and Dyna Weapons
By K123 2024-05-05 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You're trying to appeal to common sense and say that 'if it was possible, people would've done it'. Except, it was possible.
I've never said that, and I don't think Eiryl is saying that either.

I think Eiryl's point was that if it was a. easy and b. commonly known how to do it that we'd have seen it discussed sooner/more regularly. I agree with that.

Discussion about the efficiency of using it to make gil is another subject that I still think is debatable. Is it less efficient than all ways Chinese RMT make a few dollars? I don't know.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more interested in being able to pass it from bot to bot than to sell. And to obtain without access.

Putting money into a character you only expect to last a month or two (no matter how cheap) is silly, but being able to move it means it has zero risk. And had I known we were in a 3 year zero ban state, I would've done this set differently, oh well. Always the next set!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 14:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If it were simple they would've been selling fully rp'd items years ago
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but that it isn't as simple as typing //bazaar Bagua Charm +2 1 and selling rp'd necks. and that no moron thought it would be funny to do (for 5 years until 2 days ago)
K123 said: »
I agree with Eiryl here, if it was obvious and easy, at least to the extent Chinese RMT can pick it up, people would have been visibly doing it for years

It is that simple, and it has been verified to have been possible in 2019. Most likely it's been possible since FoV augments and abyssea chest gear, though I haven't actually tried them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-05 14:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If people could've been simply typing //bazaar r25 neck into Auctionhelper for the last decade, they would have. Every neck and every weapon in every bazaar would've been max aug.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

When I see multiple people do it, I'll believe it's that simple.

Take your neck out and bazaar it for a screenshot. No one will even know. Make it an event. All of you have a dozen necks and a dozen weapons should only take 10 seconds.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 14:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When I see multiple people do it, I'll believe it's that simple.

Take your neck out and bazaar it for a screenshot. No one will even know. Make it an event. All of you have a dozen necks and a dozen weapons should only take 10 seconds.
You don't own a single neck to do it yourself..? Surely you can afford to grab a NQ and put 2 heroism crystals into it.

Why would anyone risk their own character just because you're being a sperg? I've done it in the past, I know it works and is that simple.

For that matter, it's easy to fake a screenshot with memory/packet editing. I could show a prime weapon in bazaar in a pixel-perfect screenshot, doesn't make it real.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of words to say you can't prove something that's easy as typing two words, isn't it?

But I don't doubt you can do it, it's anyone else i doubt.

Zero accounts above rank 1, zero accounts with access to augs
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you actually disabled? If I put it in bazaar, that character is at risk of being banned because it's likely to be patched and dealt with next update now that it's in the open. I'm not going to do it.

If you are actually doubting that it works, you are likely already logged in and able to do it yourself. Do you think you're going to successfully bait someone else so you can GM them? I really don't get it.

If SE never bans for this, why can't you type the 2 words?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see people waking to why I call this moron a *** idiot fraud.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The only requirement to begin this process is to have previously entered any Dynamis - Divergence area at least once.

No has
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's weird, I thought you said SE never banned. What happened to all the characters you played prior to sparks nerf?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 14:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl if EliteAPI goes down:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not never, exceedingly rarely. After the thanksbanning set I decided I'm putting literally zero effort into the next set and I'm still on that zero effort set much to my surprise.

Unexpected indeed.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 14:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I finally get it. He wants someone to start bazaaring pre-RPed things because he isn't going to do RoV but still craves the sweet touch of Su5 weapons. It's projection, because literally nobody who actually plays and has gil for a Su5 is missing RoV.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally told you that, you didn't figure it out. lol It's on the same page.

I'm more interested in being able to pass it from bot to bot than to sell. And to obtain without access.

Putting money into a character you only expect to last a month or two (no matter how cheap) is silly, but being able to move it means it has zero risk. And had I known we were in a 3 year zero ban state, I would've done this set differently, oh well. Always the next set!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 14:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't doubting that you wanted it, just failing to understand why you were making this bad faith argument that it was wildly profitable and people would've done it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 14:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"Wildly profitable" lolno

But if there's a dollar on the table, 100% of the time someone will pick it up.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 14:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

“Obtain without access” is a huge kicker. Afterall, access to DynaD is very difficult. Clearly people need the R25 neck to be strong enough to get access to DynaD solo.

Just kidding. Anyone in sparks gear can sleepwalk access to DynaD. If you have 90 million gil to buy a pre-auged R25, you have dynaD access.
By K123 2024-05-05 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't think the effort to reward ($) ratio would be as bad as lots of things RMT do, e.g. shout for several hours to sell 1 segs or galli slot for 10m? Also they would be able to sell all the Dynamis drops.

If it is patchable, how would they do it?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 15:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is patchable, how would they do it?

The same way I did in bellhop. The server just has to check if the item is augmented before it sets the bazaar price. It's a relatively simple patch if anyone remotely competent becomes aware of it.

I really don't think the effort to reward ($) ratio would be as bad as lots of things RMT do, e.g. shout for several hours to sell 1 segs or galli slot for 10m? Also they would be able to sell all the Dynamis drops.
The issue isn't the effort:reward ratio, it'd be great if it was legitimate and allowed. But, because it isn't, you have to risk all the items you're working on the entire time. If it gets patched, all the Su5/necks you bought to resell are locked on your character. If your bazaar gets banned, they're gone entirely. It's not good enough effort:reward to make up for that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-05 15:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember someone doing it over 10 years ago, but putting other people's things in their bazaars. Forgot his name now.

Taj
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 841 842 843 844 845