First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 50 51 52
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 17:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the bump but woot Prestelame+3 finished. Just need sands now :3

Im glad I didnt bother spamming bastion/dominion. Good thing a friend sold them to me.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-04 17:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

that took you 2 hours by my clock skar >.>
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 18:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Im not convinced OAT beats 90 Cala, and I'm fairly certain it doesnt beat the WS GS's in VW, where you are WSing every 2-3 swings anyway. DA/TA is also going to devalue the OAT on the GS. It's not that good in Abyssea for example, and most DRK/SAM's are rolling with at least 13% DA in their TP set to begin with.

Base DMG isn't a huge impact on Resolution because of the heavy STR modification. Also while ODD does increase White Damage, OaT increases white damage and weapon-skill frequency. I just don't see how DA/TA can devalue OaT. When discussing double attack it just means you will attack twice period. I don't see how a Caladbolg with 13% Double Attack can beat an OaT Gsword which has a 45~49% proc rate.

Double and Triple Attack will devalue a Kraken Club for example. I don't see it devaluing and ruining an OaT.
By volkom 2012-02-04 18:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a chance to double attack off of each swing from the OAT weapon, allowing you to basically swing 4 times consecutively
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 18:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I will agree with most of what you said but:

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Base DMG isn't a huge impact on Resolution because of the heavy STR modification.

Is false. Base damage does not suffer from 0.85 alpha like WSC from the STR mod will. It is significant.

Not as significant as you may think. The Weaponskill frequency more then make up for it. Especially if you consider Fulgerante at a 5 hit. It's only a 13 DMG difference.

I can always parse my 85 Caladbolg against my Prestelame+3 Not much difference in comparing the Final Oat against a 90 Caladbolg.

The downside, OaT weapons don't work like a Jailer weapon would.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 18:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The Weaponskill frequency more then make up for it.

That is true, but I dont think that applies in Abyssea or Voidwatch, and that's really all there is to do besides dynamis and more weapon trials.

Post update on the Save TP adjustment it wouldn't apply? Also in Abyssea how would a native 45-49% Oat Coupled with 15TA from Apoc, and even the extra double attack from VV on top of gear. I see OaT's weaponskill frequency being pushed even further.

I'd like to see the actual proof and math that double/triple attack would diminish OaT's effectiveness. Regardless though I plan on parsing it.

Otherwise people would argue the same thing for an OaT lance which is laughable.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 18:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see the actual proof and math that double/triple attack would diminish OaT's effectiveness. Regardless though I plan on parsing it.

Given that OAT can't proc on a DA/TA and vice versa, I would say that it's pretty clear, I am however no expert on the subject.

I dont want to rain on your parade. OAT is definitely an excellent weapon.

I don't see OaT over writing a Triple Attack though, double attack and vice versa maybe but you are still attacking twice.

Also if you get double or triple attack to proc on a hit that would not be oat. It would only benefit you more.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
Server: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-04 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28505/dev-battle-balance-adjustments

Tp gained through weapon skill section
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 20:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically zerged Pil, My resolution's averages didn't change much despite a 12 base DMG difference. The WS frequency blew me away. I'd like to do more parsing though so it isn't skewed. I'm not going to bother with 75 hearts though once I complete my riftsands.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-04 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Base DMG isn't a huge impact on Resolution because of the heavy STR modification.

Is false. Base damage does not suffer from 0.85 alpha like WSC from the STR mod will. It is significant.
No, he's correct. Base damage is relatively less significant when WSC is high.

40% OAT with 0 DA/TA is a 40% increase in hits/round. This is obvious so I won't elaborate.

40% OAT when you have 20% base DA is diminished in two ways. First, DA limits OAT's ability to proc since DA takes priority over OAT. As such, OAT is now only able to proc on the remaining 80% of your attack rounds. You can kind of think of it as resulting in 40*(1-0.2)=32% OAT, though it's not functionally accurate. You then also consider that its impact on your total hits/round is reduced both by the reduction in opportunities to proc and the increase in base hits/round. If we calculated hits/round in the order of initial hit, DA, and OAT, the gains from OAT with 20% DA would be (1+1*0.2+1*0.8*0.4)/(1+1*0.2)=1.266667=26.667%.

Quote:
Otherwise people would argue the same thing for an OaT lance which is laughable.
I don't understand what you're saying here. DA and TA absolutely diminish the value of OAT lance but DRG gets relatively little DA/TA in TP gear so the losses are also minimal. DRK is in the same boat, which is why it's a good weapon for them.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 20:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

No, he's correct. Base damage is relatively less significant when WSC is high.

40% OAT with 0 DA/TA is a 40% increase in hits/round. This is obvious so I won't elaborate.

40% OAT when you have 20% base DA is diminished in two ways. First, DA limits OAT's ability to proc since DA takes priority over OAT. As such, OAT is now only able to proc on the remaining 80% of your attack rounds. You can kind of think of it as resulting in 40*(1-0.2)=32% OAT, though it's not functionally accurate. You then also consider that its impact on your total hits/round is reduced both by the reduction in opportunities to proc and the increase in base hits/round. If we calculated hits/round in the order of initial hit, DA, and OAT, the gains from OAT with 20% DA would be (1+1*0.2+1*0.8*0.4)/(1+1*0.2)=1.266667=26.667%.

Quote:
I don't understand what you're saying here. DA and TA absolutely diminish the value of OAT lance but DRG gets relatively little DA/TA in TP gear so the losses are also minimal. DRK is in the same boat, which is why it's a good weapon for them.

I was getting at with the logic Kin had, people would be better off with Empyrean/STR path polearm spamming Drakes/Stardiver. Because due to DA/TA's effect, an OaT Polearm would be made less effective. It is still a superior piece.

Overall though which grip would you suggest? Either Sword or Rose?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-04 21:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Each suggests gearing towards a different x-hit with potentially different gear choices in other slots as a result, so I really can't say without a lot more information.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 21:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Each suggests gearing towards a different x-hit with potentially different gear choices in other slots as a result, so I really can't say without a lot more information.

I believe I'm stuck with a 6 hit currently until askar+5 becomes avaliable. Tactical Mantle is just pretty gross but maybe I would settle one it.
By fyreus 2012-02-04 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought things like a double attack that procs in there can possibly crit. Idk, i had no idea they couldn't crit. Guess it's time to brush up on this stuff
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-04 21:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait how does DA decrease the effectiveness of OAT....

If you OAT you attack 2 times that round.
If you DA you attack 2 times that round.

The net value is always higher since DA and OAT result in the same desired effect.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-02-04 21:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I averaged about 1,950 resolution on Ig-Alima with OAT GS last night, did 101 over 4 fights. However, with my overload ACC gears, aggressor, diabolic eye, temp item and souleater usage whenever they are up, I parsed only 83% accuracy. In other words, Ragnarok still has a huge advantage over OAT due to accuracy, but there is not doubt you are WSing more.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-02-04 21:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Wait how does DA decrease the effectiveness of OAT....

If you OAT you attack 2 times that round.
If you DA you attack 2 times that round.

The net value is always higher since DA and OAT result in the same desired effect.

They just don't stack cuz they are separated proc (I can be wrong and I hope I am wrong). What I understand is, game scan through DA/TA/QA first, then scan through OAT. So if you have 10% DA from gears and 40% OAT, you don't DA 50% of the time, but you are DAing 46% of the time instead. It doesn't decrease the effectiveness of OAT, but you just won't gain as much as you would have been from DA gears.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-04 22:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When I can actually get on Drk and not have to Vere/Mnk a VW.... I definatly outparse my 85 Calad with my OaT... I have parsed against other calad Drks... Kine included, and on average my resolutions are about 100-150 less than theirs. I don't even have stalwards yet. (lol gimp me yay!)

Ill try and provide a decent OaT GS vs. Calad 85 parse if I can ever get the time. Something about college courses killing my playtime.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-02-04 22:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback on TP bonus and WS DMG+ magians. I think I'll stick with my level 99 TP bonus if they're that close, already wasting time making a second TP bonus dagger to AE stuff, I pray they stack. Think I'd rather make a Caladbolg than start another WS trial at this point.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 22:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
When I can actually get on Drk and not have to Vere/Mnk a VW.... I definatly outparse my 85 Calad with my OaT... I have parsed against other calad Drks... Kine included, and on average my resolutions are about 100-150 less than theirs. I don't even have stalwards yet. (lol gimp me yay!)

Ill try and provide a decent OaT GS vs. Calad 85 parse if I can ever get the time. Something about college courses killing my playtime.

My OaT 95 Version is definantly parsing higher then my Caladbolg on Kaggan and Pil. Just because of the extra spammage and hits. 99 OaT VS 90 Calad should be the same.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-04 22:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that there was a topic somewhere that mentioned if those two daggers stack... I don't remember the results of the testing though.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-04 22:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
I think that there was a topic somewhere that mentioned if those two daggers stack... I don't remember the results of the testing though.

Didn't they stack because the TP Bonus was phrased differently?
2 martial daggers= No
but 1x martial dagger and 1x magian bonus dagger did.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-02-04 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that if you geared right, you will have 10% DA and 20% /war, which sort of offset those misses. DA doesn't help torcleaver nearly as much as Resolution.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 50 51 52