AMC walking dead [Spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-10-16 02:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so silly, there will be cable in the hotel room!

Asura.Ceraphina said: »
I love how you guys throw around the term "ridiculous" with zombies. Isn't that the whole point of a zombie infestation/invasion/apocalypse? You think it'll be "serious" or even remotely plausible?
^ This, THIS! Though I don't really find a zombie apocalypse ridiculous. But come on, lol. This is as far from -cheesy- zombie material as you can get. Give it more credit than that.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2011-10-16 02:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy AMC's The Walking Dead as it is the only zombie-related media that can get my heart racing (L4D1 and 2 don't count). The acting is rather solid (save for the recent webisodes).

From the standpoint of never reading the comics (my apologizes for not) and strictly focusing on characters in the show, the acting chops, and overall approach to a zombie apocalypse it is understandable on how people eat this show up.

I've been living in Georgia for over seven years now and I've enjoyed the fact that the show actually films in Atlanta and towns within the state. They even filmed at my old high school. Andrew Lincoln is doing his best to portray a southern sheriff's deputy (accent and all), but born and raised Georgians will know that his accent is fake. As for the tank issue in season one... well, this isn't Zombieland. This show dramatizes how a person in Rick Grimes' situation would actually react.

As for Darabont stepping down/being fired... my thoughts on the matter stem to the budget cuts to all AMC shows (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead are higher in production costs compared to other cable shows).
 Bismarck.Calina
Server: Bismarck
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-10-16 03:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved the first season and am going to watch the second season but with that said my expectation's are low the budget was cut in half and more then twice the number of episode's which I would normally not worry about but they also fired last season's writer and higher-ed a new guy that alone makes me skeptical of how well this season will go.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 19:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

under an hour left!!!! ZOMG!! watching the season 1 marathon (nothings on to be honest..) and now im more ready than i was yesterday :)
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-16 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
under an hour left!!!! ZOMG!! waitching the season 1 marathon (nothinfs on to be honest..) and now im more ready than i was yesterday :)
exact same here! 42:01 left as of posting this!
 Siren.Miyokonami
Server: Siren
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-10-16 19:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

15 minutes!!!!
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 19:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Miyokonami said: »
15 minutes!!!!
*squee* 10 minutes!
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-10-16 19:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And in response to this "Are zombies a serious threat?" My well thought out response is, yes, because all I have learned from any zombie or zombie-esque movie is that we as humans will create this problem ourselves. From I am Legend to Rise of the Planet of the Apes we will create our own downfall. That downfall will be some sort of man made disease or crisis based off of testing virus that should probably not be touched or trying to rush "cures" or "vaccines" before we know any repercussions.

Now, on the other hand, most zombie movies are unrealistic based on the fact that humans need water, grain and vegetables to survive. Being cannibals and surviving on flesh solely because our brain stem says so is not plausible, nor is the fact that a zombie can run or lunge at me when I am alive and well and he/she is a blob of decaying dehydrated flesh. They would fall apart sooner then they would be able to multiply if they were running or even walking. The muscle tissue alone would start to fall apart in a day.

I am ready for the zombie apocalypse. :)
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 19:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And in response to this "Are zombies a serious threat?" My well thought out response is, yes, because all I have learned from any zombie or zombie-esque movie is that we as humans will create this problem ourselves. From I am Legend to Rise of the Planet of the Apes we will create our own downfall. That downfall will be some sort of man made disease or crisis based off of testing virus that should probably not be touched or trying to rush "cures" or "vaccines" before we know any repercussions. Now, on the other hand, most zombie movies are unrealistic based on the fact that humans need water, grain and vegetables to survive. Being cannibals and surviving on flesh solely because our brain stem says so is not plausible, nor is the fact that a zombie can run or lunge at me when I am alive and well and he/she is a blob of decaying dehydrated flesh. They would fall apart sooner then they would be able to multiply if they were running or even walking. The muscle tissue alone would start to fall apart in a day. I am ready for the zombie apocalypse. :)

I:And then, when the outbreak gets out...it will come as such a suprise that we wouldnt know what was happening and by the time we figure it out theres already half the population converted into zombehs!

II:Plausable, but the newer the turned zombie the stronger they may be. More hydrated/nourished and all that jazz. Also, with the zombie mythos logic the brain just circulates the message "feed.eat.must feed.must eat" and nothing else, its not worried about if you can get protein from Jimmy or Vitamin D from Sara.

We all are ready for the eventual zombie infestation! :)

Edit: WOMG SOME MILLISECONDS TO GO!!!!
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-16 19:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go!!
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-10-16 20:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I AM SO EXCITED
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 20:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said: »
Here we go!!
*SQUEE!*
By mortontony1 2011-10-16 20:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's starting!
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 20:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally!
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 20:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I HATE YOU GO DIE!
[+]
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-10-16 20:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not true because since technically they are already dead they cant get said vitamins from any source since you wouldnt be able to digest it at all. So its plausible but not to the same extent tv or movies usually show it. DUH. LIKE ANYTHING IRL. Though I did find one grey hair in my bangs and decided I'm turning into Rogue. /realistic.
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 20:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I HATE YOU GO DIE!
This so much.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-10-16 20:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf did the doctor say to him....
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 20:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
We'd better find out in this episode, or I'm going to be pissed.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-10-16 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said: »
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
We'd better find out in this episode, or I'm going to be pissed.
Oh I second that. What a tease when he was talking on the radio...
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 20:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I HATE YOU GO DIE!
This so much.
Q_Q

Thats not true because since technically they are already dead they cant get said vitamins from any source since you wouldnt be able to digest it at all. So its plausible but not to the same extent tv or movies usually show it. DUH. LIKE ANYTHING IRL. Though I did find one grey hair in my bangs and decided I'm turning into Rogue. /realistic.
I was assuming the newly turned victim was well nourished.

but yea, as time went on your zombie would be nothing but decaying flesh~ yea, movie land..all physics/logic be left at the door! Any logical knowledge on premises will be shot!
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 20:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

loving this~

edit: not any more Q_Q
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So intense... <_<
 Valefor.Annikahansen
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-10-16 20:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

stupid lil girl left...bet somethins gonna happen to her
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-10-16 20:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep hiding my face and peeking out. ***
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 20:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So intense... <_<
I know...definately some good suspense....why cant movies be like this?

Also: Immortals...must have can watch....
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-16 20:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

stooopid commercial!
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-10-16 20:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shes gonna die, and her little doll too!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Annikahansen
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-10-16 20:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So intense... <_<
I know...definately some good suspense....why cant movies be like this?

Also: Immortals...must have can watch....
it does look interesting ^_^
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 20:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What a time for someone to try and teach you to put your weapon back together.. Lol.. Although probably a good thing it was taken apart, I get the feeling she would have used it.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52