Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » AMC walking dead [Spoilers]
AMC walking dead [Spoilers]
First Page 2 ... 50 51 52
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-10-15 19:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

who else is looking forward to this? i loved the first season and the new season starts sun.!!!! cant wait!
[+]
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-15 19:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I only watched a few of the early episodes and had high expectations for it (never read the comic), but found it painfully boring and ridiculous.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-15 19:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was alright and will probably tune in when it premieres again. A year wait to see what happens next is a bit much to me though. I guess that just means they have a year to do the best they can with it each time if it does this yearly.
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2011-10-15 19:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For sure watching it. As far as TV series go, this series raised the bar hardcore.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-15 20:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i watched the entire episodes , the series are really good, i like the acting and the way that the entire world is infected by zombies and very little people are alive makes it interesting
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-10-15 20:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst zombie show ever.

I mean, the main character gets inside a tank (yes, a motherfucking tank) and doesn't even attempt to drive it thru the zombies. No, like a completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE muppet he crawls out the bottom THROUGH the zombies. Retard. If the zombiepocalypse happened he'd be one of the first to go.

As Evilpaul said, the show was completely ridiculous.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-10-15 20:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
Worst zombie show ever.

I mean, the main character gets inside a tank (yes, a motherfucking tank) and doesn't even attempt to drive it thru the zombies. No, like a completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE muppet he crawls out the bottom THROUGH the zombies. Retard. If the zombiepocalypse happened he'd be one of the first to go.

As Evilpaul said, the show was completely ridiculous.
Yeah because everyone knows exactly how to drive a tank, if it were even operable.

ROFL.

In a zombie situation YOU would be the first to go because I'm pretty sure you'd be sitting there screaming like a child "How do i start this thing" and then get eaten alive while trying. Because if i recall correctly... there was a zombie IN the tank at the time.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-10-15 20:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and this series is amazing, i will deff be tuning in tomorrow night for all the extras. Loved the ending to last season.
By slipispsycho 2011-10-15 20:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I'm saying I could, but I'd at least try to start and operate the damned thing... But that would have more to do with me being terrified and not wanting to go back out unless I had to..

Also, the second I got in and found a 'dead person' they'd get a shot in the head, better safe than sorry zombie.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-10-15 20:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't fire a gun in a tank! ~_~ What happened to him should have taught you that lol. Dump the body down the hole or something and keep a close eye on it as you do it!!....

/dissapoint
[+]
 Asura.Ceraphina
Server: Asura
user: Ceraphina
By Asura.Ceraphina 2011-10-15 20:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how you guys throw around the term "ridiculous" with zombies. Isn't that the whole point of a zombie infestation/invasion/apocalypse? You think it'll be "serious" or even remotely plausible? Also, you really think a Sheriff from some podunk town is going to know how to work a tank? There's reasons people in the military are highly trained and they still screw up all the time..

For what it is, I think it's a decent adaptation of the comics. I don't really like how they've taken some of the character arcs, or how they leave plot threads pretty much dangling. With the new director, maybe things will go a different way. I doubt I'll see much more from the comic in the series considering the source material and how... graphic I can be in some parts.
By Calipso 2011-10-15 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I own all the collections up to 6 and watched all the season one episodes. Can't wait for season 2 even if they are changing it quite a bit from the comics.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-15 20:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

now i will definately beprepared for the zombie apocolypse 8)

LOVE this show and how it didnt take the Resident Evil/Dawn of The Dead route with the zombies. :)
By slipispsycho 2011-10-15 20:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said: »
You don't fire a gun in a tank! ~_~ What happened to him should have taught you that lol. Dump the body down the hole or something and keep a close eye on it as you do it!!....

/dissapoint
I'm aware of what it could do, but I'd still end up doing it, I'm just being honest.. It's not like I'd be thinking things through clearly.. I'd see a potential zombie and shoot the *** in the head. I wouldn't even touch it until I had shot it in the head.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-10-15 21:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I really liked the show, as I like most zombie stuff. The show lead me to the GN which I may have liked even more. I'm excited to see what changed they make in the show.
 Odin.Mastermago
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mastermago 2011-10-15 21:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked it, I also think somthing to note is that the first season was only 6 episodes, probably more of a test to see how it would go over. Season two is goign to be 13 episodes.
 Ramuh.Gurion
Server: Ramuh
user: Gurion
By Ramuh.Gurion 2011-10-15 21:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

By Damiyen 2011-10-15 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait for this to start, it's pretty funny though how they ended up firing the creator of the show. I bet he was slightly pissed off, but I'm sure it was for the best.

If anyone is itching for some Walking Dead now there is a brief 'webisodes' series that I found about the "Bicycle Girl" on the show.

here is a link to it

and this is the 'Bicycle Girl' I am referring to.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-10-15 22:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

im on episode 5 on season 1
:x nice so far
learned something mew in this series.
<Detect by smell.>
By Inuyasha 2011-10-15 22:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

just saw that on TV as i hit play XD so ready :3

Bismarck.Misao said: »
im on episode 5 on season 1 :x nice so far learned something mew in this series. <Detect by smell.>
hope they bought Deoderize!
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-15 22:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
im on episode 5 on season 1
:x nice so far
learned something mew in this series.
<Detect by smell.>
The "eulogizing the dead guy I don't think they even knew for five minutes as the zombies busted through the last barricades" would fall under the "painfully boring and ridiculous" rubric for me.

I generally like zombie stuff, but this one doesn't do it for me.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-10-15 22:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read the graphic novels, Evilpaul?
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-16 01:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
Cerberus.Evilpaul said: »
I only watched a few of the early episodes and had high expectations for it (never read the comic), but found it painfully boring and ridiculous.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 01:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

where could one find these graphic novels that you speak of?

edit: and just to make sure im correct, this comes back on the 18th of October right?
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 01:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Brb putting myself in a self-induced coma until tonight.

<_< Seriously hours away and it feels like months.

Inuyasha said: »

edit: and just to make sure im correct, this comes back on the 18th of October right?

Wrong, it comes back tonight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-10-16 01:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I might have to watch it Monday night. :( I want it nao!
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-16 01:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so I'm clear, I call "graphic novel" and "comic" the same. Because it is and all.
By slipispsycho 2011-10-16 02:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get why it won't appeal to some, but to me, it's probably one of the best shows to come out in a very long time.. Falling Skies was a lot like it, so I loved that show as well.. Can't wait for the next season of that, either.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-10-16 02:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I should have read better.

I don't much care for 'comics' either, but I enjoyed The Walking Dead. I was going to suggest you check them out, but your post just oozed disdain lol

Inuyasha said: »

A friend let me borrow them. I'd suggest checking out Amazon
By Inuyasha 2011-10-16 02:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wrong, it comes back tonight.

*fumbles for the direcTV remote!* *autotunes* THANK YOU D:!

Edit: I will check that out Spence :)

also: AMC is running a marathon of the first season today/tomorrow also. Just incase you wanted to see it all again~
First Page 2 ... 50 51 52