Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Hunter's Moon Event - A step backwards
Hunter's Moon Event - A step backwards
By Calemero 2011-09-07 10:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware of the old french translation and typically how one can misconstrue the translations but every Yoshi to Bayohne translation up to this point has not specified that U/U gear will not be able to be socketed. In fact it actually leans towards the other way here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/18678-Materia-Craft?p=263375#post263375
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 11:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

that post came out before the info i linked, but yes, it can be taken both ways.
Same issue with my understanding that 1.20 will have only nq and HQ gear, and anything +2 or +3 will be HQ, while +1 items will go to NQ

everything from devs can be seen here
JP to English Trans
By MalPal 2011-09-07 11:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Your link sounds general on the subject and the the link soki poseted that says nm gears cannot be enhanced looks pretty clear. I dunno...
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 11:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The new HQ system will be applied to the crafting after with patch 1.20 and more details will be announced then. meaning only +2 and +3 will be HQ after 1.20
Sep 2 onion lotion
the gears enhanced with materias will be balanced enough in regards to the gears from NM (these gears will not be able to be enhanced) The new system aims to be "fair" and the items dropped from NMs won't become obsolete, far from it
Sep 1 onion lotion
The new recipe coming in 1.19 there will be no recipe that uses "nugget" Also not planning to use nugget in future recipes also.
Sep 1 onion lotion
HQ and NQ only soon (+3 and +2 being HQ others being NQ) will have to be decided by adjusted by looking at the item circulation rate from logs
By SniperRifle 2011-09-07 11:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave it to SE to have contradicting info leaked right before a patch.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 11:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

MalPal said: »
Your link sounds general on the subject and the the link soki poseted that says nm gears cannot be enhanced looks pretty clear. I dunno...
They are both from devs and both 100% real.
My link is no more creditable then his :)
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 11:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That and the pics of the new mining gear came out.
Here
By Calemero 2011-09-07 11:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to the CB vs VS discussion that spams across 50 topics because of the apparent CB white knighting...

If it ends up being that U/U gear can't have materia attached to it then the only way that CB will out perform VS is if CB was attached with some sort of Haste Materia which drops it's delay down to 3.5s.

But you're right Soki it is a toss up at the moment until we see the system at the end of the month.
By MalPal 2011-09-07 11:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

to calemero: As far as future hq stuff goes i've been listening to what has been you saying about how it will be a +1 assuming you know what your talking about but really that is your gamble/ hypothesis. It says future gather items will be obtained in the new hq for but does not say old ones will be transformed so maybe maybe crab bow +3 will forever be a crab bow +3 and after update a hq crab bow wont ever be obtainable in that form, never know. There are some hq items you will never be able to obtain that you once could, example would be a ripped hauby +2. Those no longer drop but if you have one you have it.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 11:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said: »

Going back to the CB vs VS discussion that spams across 50 topics because of the apparent CB white knighting...

If it ends up being that U/U gear can't have materia attached to it then the only way that CB will out perform VS is if CB was attached with some sort of Haste Materia which drops it's delay down to 3.5s.

But you're right Soki it is a toss up at the moment until we see the system at the end of the month.

that, and if the CB +3 is only HQ 1 star after 1.20...
By Calemero 2011-09-07 11:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said: »
Calemero said: »

that, and if the CB +3 is only HQ 1 star after 1.20...

I've tried to explain that to him/her on multiple occasions and it seems to get lost almost as instantly as I say it...lol
By Calemero 2011-09-07 11:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

also relevant to this thread:

[+]
By MalPal 2011-09-07 11:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i'm bored sitting in a new house waiting on the window guys to come and i can't get on game! but its nap time c ya!
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-07 13:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

side side note

By AkihaIris 2011-09-08 07:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonlet thread derail to crab bow, then derail to.. miner SP?

New topics should be made into new threads, I think.

The new HQ system will be applied to the crafting after with patch 1.20 and more details will be announced then. meaning only +2 and +3 will be HQ after 1.20

Sep 1 onion lotion
HQ and NQ only soon (+3 and +2 being HQ others being NQ) will have to be decided by adjusted by looking at the item circulation rate from logs

This information pertains to my interest. (Mainly the part about +2 items) Source please?

everything from devs can be seen here
JP to English Trans

And there is no way in hell I am going to wade through all of that to find it. There's lazy, and then there's doing a Google search on "apples" by typing only the single letter "a".
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-08 10:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet that is the most sp gained in a screen-shot so far.

Um, go back a page and "Look" at the "second" from the "bottom" "post" and it should be there

BTW if you play this game, you should wade through that stuff.

I bet you didn't even know that there will not be a need for nuggets after 1.19.
The new recipe coming in 1.19 there will be no recipe that uses "nugget" Also not planning to use nugget in future recipes also.

YoshiP Response - 08/24/11 1.19 Recipe Change Goals and Future Outline p.7 - http://goo.gl/ha9wA
This is a good place to get info http://xivpads.com/?i=portal
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-08 10:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the earring topic

Now that points will be removed, there will be no need to equip this

Rep Response - 09/08/11 AP will be removed

This is regarding Accessory Points

Original Thread Link: http://goo.gl/x4Q6i

Quote Originally Posted by Foxclon View Post
こんにちは。
Hello,

本件については開発チームでも検討を続けてきましたが、結論としてAPは廃止することになりました。
併せて、アクセサリーを装備できる数を絞り、その分1つ1つのアクセサリーの効果を上げるよう変更します。
We have been checking regarding this with the dev team, devs have decided to remove the AP. Along with that, we will make changes so that it will limit the number of accessories you can equip and increase the effect of those individual accessories.

なお、さらなる詳細については近日中に吉田Pにコメントを行ってもらいますので、しばしお待ちください。
For more detailed information YoshiP will comment in up coming days so please hang in there.
By Calemero 2011-09-08 13:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the earring topic

Now that points will be removed, there will be no need to equip this

Rep Response - 09/08/11 AP will be removed

This is regarding Accessory Points

Original Thread Link: http://goo.gl/x4Q6i

Quote Originally Posted by Foxclon View Post
こんにちは。
Hello,

本件については開発チームでも検討を続けてきましたが、結論としてAPは廃止することになりました。
併せて、アクセサリーを装備できる数を絞り、その分1つ1つのアクセサリーの効果を上げるよう変更します。
We have been checking regarding this with the dev team, devs have decided to remove the AP. Along with that, we will make changes so that it will limit the number of accessories you can equip and increase the effect of those individual accessories.

なお、さらなる詳細については近日中に吉田Pにコメントを行ってもらいますので、しばしお待ちください。
For more detailed information YoshiP will comment in up coming days so please hang in there.

there was no need to equip it in the first place - which was the point of this thread...
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-08 13:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you 100% don't think they will be making a pair with paired stats? or upgradeable?
By Calemero 2011-09-08 14:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

you 100% don't think they will be making a pair with paired stats? or upgradeable?

I 100% don't expect SE to do anything that smart with this game. If it happens it will be a welcome surprise.
By AkihaIris 2011-09-08 19:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, go back a page and "Look" at the "second" from the "bottom" "post" and it should be there

BTW if you play this game, you should wade through that stuff.

I bet you didn't even know that there will not be a need for nuggets after 1.19.

YoshiP Response - 08/24/11 1.19 Recipe Change Goals and Future Outline p.7 - http://goo.gl/ha9wA
This is a good place to get info http://xivpads.com/?i=portal

Missed the point completely...

I know about the changes to the HQ system, I've read about how HQ will become 100% when using HQ materials. I've also read about the removal of nuggets. I've sifted through ALL of that because someone else made the exact same claim you did, and could not back it up with a source.

Sep 1 onion lotion

AkihaIris said:
This information pertains to my interest. (Mainly the part about +2 items) Source please?

that post came out before the info i linked, but yes, it can be taken both ways.
Same issue with my understanding that 1.20 will have only nq and HQ gear, and anything +2 or +3 will be HQ, while +1 items will go to NQ

I have yet to find a dev post, or anyone willing to cite with exactly how current HQ will be changed to the new HQ system. Until then, STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS AND SPREADING THEM AS FACTS. Or at least, please provide a source.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-09 09:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

it will be nq and hq, take that how ever you want.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2011-09-09 16:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rep Response - 09/09/11 Moonlet's silver ornament

JP side has a thread talking about what that silver thingy on the moonlet looks like and talking about what it could be/mean.

Original Thread Link: http://goo.gl/HX2Sa

Quote Originally Posted by Triairy View Post
こんばんは。
Good Evening,

こんな細かいところまで気にしていただいてありがとうございます!
そして、これが何なのかというと……
Thanks for checking such small details!
And to let you know what this is.....

ここで疑問なのですが、大きな月に付いてる銀色の装飾。
これって何に見えますか?
Here's a questions, the silver ornament attached to the moon.
What does it look like?
ゴメンサイ。今はまだ言えないです。
ただひとつヒントをお伝えできるとすれば、今後のストーリーに関係のあるものをデザインしています。
Sorry can't say it yet.
One thing I can comment is the design is related to something that will come up in later story

今後のストーリーを楽しみにしていただきつつ、
引き続きハンターズムーンをお楽しみください!
Please enjoy future story and also please continue to enjoy the hunters moon!
Some JP players saying Carbuncle... we'll see lol
By xhyperbolex 2011-09-21 14:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Some folks have nothinto do but complain. Puleez! STFU and play or Leave!
Constructive suggestions, sure...whining and moanin is juvenille...
[+]
By Calemero 2011-09-21 20:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyper Phlex said: »
some people have nothing to do in this game and would like meaningful content

fixed for you
[+]