First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-10 13:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »
Zelda SS was Better than twilight princess (controls not perfect) but still alot better

Thats the only console game it tops.

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Finally have the money to buy A Link Between Worlds after paying my bills... Now the weather is bad and the streets are slick.. ; ;

Worth it. Go get it! I'm still playing it :)
Oh, I'm wanting to.

I wasn't disappointed with A Link Between Worlds at all. Definitely worth your money and then some ^^

Link Between Worlds is solid.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-06-10 13:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My only fault for Twilight Princess was lack of boss lasting. Dying too quickly, except a few which put up a fight.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-10 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TP's biggest fault really was how long it took to come out, and then it came out, and it really didn't do anything new at all. I don't think there was a single innovation in TP.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-06-10 13:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This boss was one of the best in the series from Skyward Sword.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-10 13:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Yes! YES! This guy knows what's up!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-06-10 14:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bingo. That is my favourite boss battle in the series, bar none. It was such an incredibly nice surprise if you don't see it coming.

The music really worked wonders for this battle too. Very foreboding and intense.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-06-10 14:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

{WARNING}

~~~This post contains -opinions- which may differ greatly from yours. Do not take offense to someone with an -opinion- you do not agree with, as they are entitled to voice their -opinion- the same as you are.~~~

Personal opinion, but I think Link Between Worlds was the best game (not just from the Zelda franchise) that Nintendo put out in a long time. Again, my opinion, but it was most definitely the best Zelda game. It took since Link to the Past, but they finally did it for me.

I hated all the 3D Zelda games. None of them had controls that worked for me, especially on the Wii. I absolutely can not stand motion controls or controllers. Ocarina and Majora were done in by N64's terrible controller and horrid control scheme. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (to me) were unplayable because of motion controls. The GC version of Twilight was at least somewhat better given GameCube's better controller, but still had a control scheme very similar to Ocarina and Majora, which again, killed it for me. Don't get me started on the DS games...

I have finished every game in the franchise, but controls are a major part of my gaming experience. Games with bad control schemes (especially if you can't change any of it) get much lower marks.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-10 15:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm partial to Seasons and Ages when linked. I'm just a sucker for games that allow importing and such. Golden Sun, Wizardry, World of Xeen, Mass Effect. That's just some off the top of my head. Just feels great when you can do something in 1 game then in the next game be rewarded/punished for choices you made or didn't make. Carrying over content is good too.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 15:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
{WARNING}

~~~This post contains -opinions- which may differ greatly from yours. Do not take offense to someone with an -opinion- you do not agree with, as they are entitled to voice their -opinion- the same as you are.~~~

Personal opinion, but I think Link Between Worlds was the best game (not just from the Zelda franchise) that Nintendo put out in a long time. Again, my opinion, but it was most definitely the best Zelda game. It took since Link to the Past, but they finally did it for me.

I hated all the 3D Zelda games. None of them had controls that worked for me, especially on the Wii. I absolutely can not stand motion controls or controllers. Ocarina and Majora were done in by N64's terrible controller and horrid control scheme. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (to me) were unplayable because of motion controls. The GC version of Twilight was at least somewhat better given GameCube's better controller, but still had a control scheme very similar to Ocarina and Majora, which again, killed it for me. Don't get me started on the DS games...

I have finished every game in the franchise, but controls are a major part of my gaming experience. Games with bad control schemes (especially if you can't change any of it) get much lower marks.
I pretty much feel the exact same way, the 3D Zeldas just weren't fun to explore like the 2D ones are, and the controls on the 3D Zeldas... Best case are "not god awful" never have they felt intuitive or fluid.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 15:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
TP's biggest fault really was how long it took to come out, and then it came out, and it really didn't do anything new at all. I don't think there was a single innovation in TP.
added stuff for Furry Fan-fiction -_-
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-06-10 15:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been impressed with Zelda games for a while, and haven't had any desire to play pretty much any of them. However, an open world Zelda game is one that I will jump into for sure.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-10 15:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I haven't been impressed with Zelda games for a while, and haven't had any desire to play pretty much any of them. However, an open world Zelda game is one that I will jump into for sure.
A Link between worlds was pretty damn fun.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 23:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
yep, Dethroned Link to the Past for best Zelda game imo
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2014-06-10 23:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can bring this topic back to life. Can't wait for next Legend of Zelda, it's NEVER disappointing!

YouTube Video Placeholder

dont think anyone else noticed or said, but in an interview they said that that might not be link at all that we see in the clip
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 23:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dwyte said: »
Can bring this topic back to life. Can't wait for next Legend of Zelda, it's NEVER disappointing!

dont think anyone else noticed or said, but in an interview they said that that might not be link at all that we see in the clip
not only that, but what I've heard also on the internet

look at the pattern on that characters Gauntlets in the video and then look at the pattern of the gauntlets on this character

not exactly the same... but pretty damn close enough for it not to be just a coincidence?
By Jetackuu 2014-06-11 10:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Jetackuu said: »
yep, Dethroned Link to the Past for best Zelda game imo
meh, I wouldn't go that far, but ALTTP is still my favorite.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-06-12 04:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed the Zelda 2015 trailer is Link and a guy.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-06-12 04:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for those who have done it:

Is it worthwhile to replay Link Between Worlds on hero mode? The game play interested me but I was sort of disappointed by how short the play through was; the puzzles were also sort of lackluster.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-12 05:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Question for those who have done it:

Is it worthwhile to replay Link Between Worlds on hero mode? The game play interested me but I was sort of disappointed by how short the play through was; the puzzles were also sort of lackluster.
As far as I'm aware, the only addition to Hero Mode apart from the increase in difficulty is that more characters join you in the very last credits scene at the end of the game.
 Alexander.Lepton
Server: Alexander
user: Lepton
By Alexander.Lepton 2014-06-12 08:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really get all the hate for TP... personally, it is still my favorite Zelda game.
I find it darker and more mature than other Zelda games and I loved the depth of the universe.
It had so many diffent places to explore: snowy mountain, desert, deep lake, forest, plains, hidden villages, volcano, busy city, ancient ruins, dark world....

IMHO, SS was just too small. Revisiting the same places over and over... even the dungeons, that just feels wrong.
Also I simply HATED SS's controls. Maybe it's just me but I struggled to do anything with that super sensitive Wii Motion Plus, the plants you have to slice in a particular angle have been a nightmare for the entire game for me.
The only things I liked about SS were the sequences where you have to collect the light beads in the dark world (can't remember the name), the item upgrade system and some dungeons (the pirate ship comes to mind).

Anyway back to the next Zelda, I really get the feeling we'll have a Skyrim-like world with a lot of exploration and that's exaclty what I like ! :D
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-07-01 23:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-07-02 00:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 00:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the complaints in that video were pretty bad honestly. Complaining about traps in OOT? A game that wasn't even that hard to begin with? Or bats? Cmon.

As for Zelda going back to a less structured format, we've had ALBW and the new WiiU coursing in that direction so that's solved in theory.

If anything I'd like to see Zelda get a bit more difficult, things have been going into too easy territory for a while now on the consoles and the series could stand to take some more risks.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-02 00:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it's egoraptor, I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-07-02 00:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he makes some fair points about game design, but I don't think they're totally fair as criticisms.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-07-02 00:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

so aparently in the Hyrule Warriors game midna will be able to do this little gem..
HYPE~~

also i own every zelda since the NA launch of the original game, <even have those shitty CD-i ones, brrrr ~,~> and Twilight Princess has to be my all time favorite followed by the original then Majora's Mask.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-07-02 02:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it interesting that his core complaint is that OoT and even ALttP, the game he was defending, isn't more like old FFXI, basically. He doesn't want to be told what to do and just wants to be able to just start and go while not really knowing what to do or where to go.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-07-02 02:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

guy's voice gets annoying, cant finish the video of stupid ***ranting
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-02 02:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Ocarina of time is kinda "meh"

it's not bad, especially for a 3D game in the pioneering ages of fully 3D games, but man I just really don't get how some people can put it on such a high pedestal. Perfect Scores? Best game ever made? hell no.

I'm not even being a hipster "I hate everything that's popular" type, it just never grabbed my attention *hell really none of 3D Zeldas did* like Link to the past did.
By Hautsi 2014-07-02 04:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

Nice post man love it how the new Age Link looks AWESOME!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19