Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
256 users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20856 20857 20858 ... 21035 21036 21037
Offline
Posts: 3510
By Blazed1979 2017-05-19 17:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
R.I.P Chris Cornell - a sad day for music
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Offline
Posts: 24973
By fonewear 2017-05-19 17:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Blazed1979 said: »
R.I.P Chris Cornell - a sad day for music
YouTube Video Placeholder
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
Posts: 684
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2017-05-19 18:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
We took our cat to the vet and got her re-hydrated with IV fluid and they gave her some antibiotics, but that was all we could afford. That alone cost about $150. Today she is still laying next to her food bowls and barely moving or responding to anything. We won't know what is wrong with her until we can get blood work and xrays done which we can't afford right now. This could not have happened at a worse time. I have set up a GoFundMe page for her. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Her name is Moo Cow and she is the greatest cat, most loving cat I have ever known
Update on the kitty????

We took her back to the vet this morning and were able to find out what was wrong with her.

They told us she was suffering from either diabetic ketoacidosis or she was septic as her blood sugar was extremely high-- more than twice the normal level for cats. Given her age, they said it was unlikely she had any kind of diabetes, so she was hooked up to an IV and given powerful antibiotics to fight sepsis and since then her blood sugar has dropped to an almost normal level.








Later today they called us and had us pick her up because they can't keep her overnight and we are to take her back first thing tomorrow morning for further treatment. She is still sick, but she's a lot more responsive now, and can pick up her head and look around and walk again.


Sepsis is really bad, but I feel extremely relieved it isn't something like cancer or something that requires surgery that would have cost thousands of dollars. We believe it might be related to an injury she had a few weeks ago where her collar was rubbing her skin raw beneath it, prompting us to cut it off of her. She healed, but that may have been where the infection started.

Even so, if not for everyone's donations, especially Kingnobody's... she would surely be dead or dying now. These are our bills for her treatment so far, including the day before yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's. Without all the help, there is no way we could have afforded this, and they simply would not have helped her without pay.

I am seriously in tears with gratitude. I just can't believe the overwhelming response and generosity that has gone above and beyond to help Moo Cow, especially after receiving no help at all from my wife's family or my stepdaughter's father. I am doing this mostly for her, as she loves Moo Cow more than anything on Earth.

No words can describe how thankful I am. Instead of watching our beloved cat die from some unknown illness, we can help her, and she can recover. The difference is like night and day. --and those of you who donated: Kingnobody, Bartimaeus-- --those of you who shared the link on social media as well. I don't know who more than half of the people on the list are. I am eternally in your debt beyond any mere monetary amount.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 924
By LennartHK 2017-05-19 18:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Moo cow turned 3 this week, d'awww
[+]
Offline
Posts: 7630
By Candlejack 2017-05-19 20:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
We took our cat to the vet and got her re-hydrated with IV fluid and they gave her some antibiotics, but that was all we could afford. That alone cost about $150. Today she is still laying next to her food bowls and barely moving or responding to anything. We won't know what is wrong with her until we can get blood work and xrays done which we can't afford right now. This could not have happened at a worse time. I have set up a GoFundMe page for her. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Her name is Moo Cow and she is the greatest cat, most loving cat I have ever known
Update on the kitty????

We took her back to the vet this morning and were able to find out what was wrong with her.

They told us she was suffering from either diabetic ketoacidosis or she was septic as her blood sugar was extremely high-- more than twice the normal level for cats. Given her age, they said it was unlikely she had any kind of diabetes, so she was hooked up to an IV and given powerful antibiotics to fight sepsis and since then her blood sugar has dropped to an almost normal level.








Later today they called us and had us pick her up because they can't keep her overnight and we are to take her back first thing tomorrow morning for further treatment. She is still sick, but she's a lot more responsive now, and can pick up her head and look around and walk again.


Sepsis is really bad, but I feel extremely relieved it isn't something like cancer or something that requires surgery that would have cost thousands of dollars. We believe it might be related to an injury she had a few weeks ago where her collar was rubbing her skin raw beneath it, prompting us to cut it off of her. She healed, but that may have been where the infection started.

Even so, if not for everyone's donations, especially Kingnobody's... she would surely be dead or dying now. These are our bills for her treatment so far, including the day before yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's. Without all the help, there is no way we could have afforded this, and they simply would not have helped her without pay.

I am seriously in tears with gratitude. I just can't believe the overwhelming response and generosity that has gone above and beyond to help Moo Cow, especially after receiving no help at all from my wife's family or my stepdaughter's father. I am doing this mostly for her, as she loves Moo Cow more than anything on Earth.

No words can describe how thankful I am. Instead of watching our beloved cat die from some unknown illness, we can help her, and she can recover. The difference is like night and day. --and those of you who donated: Kingnobody, Bartimaeus-- --those of you who shared the link on social media as well. I don't know who more than half of the people on the list are. I am eternally in your debt beyond any mere monetary amount.
Glad to hear Moo Cow is doing better. Take good care of her while she recovers as much as she can from what happened.
[+]
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: schizm2
Posts: 5367
By Schizm Gallantry 2017-05-19 20:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Good to hear about the update with Moo Cow.
[+]
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2064
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-05-19 21:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Cherche said: »
just used this
[+]
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2064
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-05-19 21:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
kitty!!
glad Moo is getting better
[+]
Offline
Posts: 7630
By Candlejack 2017-05-19 21:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
DAMN YOU, LINA! Remind me to NEVER, and I mean...
NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
watch an anime YOU suggest.
Words cannot express the feels train that ran over me.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 15583
By Bartimaeus 2017-05-19 21:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
kitty!!
glad Moo is getting better

Ditto. They are family, after all. :)
[+]
Offline
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
Posts: 2697
By Chu Chu 2017-05-19 21:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Candlejack said: »
DAMN YOU, LINA! Remind me to NEVER, and I mean...
NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
watch an anime YOU suggest.
Words cannot express the feels train that ran over me.
Drac recommended it to me. I was like HOW COULD YOU! lol I know those feels
[+]
Offline
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
Posts: 2697
By Chu Chu 2017-05-19 21:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Also tried the strawberry nut m&ms! Very yummy! I approve.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 30263
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 21:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm very glad to help Kuwoobie.

I can't tell you how it is the worst feeling in the world to have a cat die in your arms, and I have had that happen to me twice.

Once due to age, he was 8 years old and it was just his time.

The second one, was hit by a car by a neighbor who didn't give a *** ***about animals. My family sued him because he literally ran up against our property to hit our cat. This one died a few weeks before my mother died, that's how strongly I remember her.

I'm just very glad and happy that your kitty is recovering.
[+]
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
Posts: 2064
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-05-19 22:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 733
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-19 23:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
Posts: 1025
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-05-19 23:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 733
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-19 23:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Now to properly work on the rest of my team. <_<
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 15566
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-19 23:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder


me tbh
[+]
Offline
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
Posts: 2697
By Chu Chu 2017-05-20 01:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Offline
Posts: 7630
By Candlejack 2017-05-20 06:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Because a lot of people on here use Steam, I'll just leave this here.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: voiceless
Posts: 211
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-05-20 06:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6075
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-05-20 06:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ok I know yesterday I put a few people on a downer with Koe no Katachi.
But Blame! Came out on Netflix.
Was pretty good. Hoping for more.
Offline
Posts: 7630
By Candlejack 2017-05-20 07:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Ok I know yesterday I put a few people on a downer with Koe no Katachi.
But Blame! Came out on Netflix.
Was pretty good. Hoping for more.
Lina, in all seriousness, SLIT YOUR WRISTS! Damn you for that whole ordeal with Koe no Katachi!
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: schizm2
Posts: 5367
By Schizm Gallantry 2017-05-20 07:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6075
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-05-20 07:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
But I'm British that number doesn't work D:
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: schizm2
Posts: 5367
By Schizm Gallantry 2017-05-20 07:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Strange, the GoFundMe page is refusing another donation....
Same information.... :/
Offline
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: schizm2
Posts: 5367
By Schizm Gallantry 2017-05-20 07:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So Chris Cornell may have been on Ativan when he died...
I can't even imagine being on anything that would make you want to commit suicide, all I hope is that I would be able to reconize that it's not how I would normally be acting and stop it or get help.

Sedative
It can treat seizure disorders, such as epilepsy. It can also be used before surgery and medical procedures to relieve anxiety.

Controlled substance
Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination. Combining with other substances, particularly alcohol, can slow breathing and possibly lead to death.
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: voiceless
Posts: 211
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-05-20 07:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Offline
Posts: 7630
By Candlejack 2017-05-20 08:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Swaggernaught said: »
How can anyone even play that piece of ***? Play the original.
 Asura.Vienner
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1253
By Asura.Vienner 2017-05-20 08:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Glad Kuwoobie's cat is fine...now mine is sick though. Doesnt want to eat anymore, she's gotten scary skinny but yeah she's old (15 years).
Made an appointment at the vet for tuesday, hoping its just her teeth or thats she's just cranky from having to move houses.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20856 20857 20858 ... 21035 21036 21037