Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19391 19392 19393 ... 22622 22623 22624
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-05-23 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd know.

Eh.. I didn't want to page.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 08:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm surprised I've never had one cause me any issues considering how bad my kidneys are.

I imagine I have a lot and just don't know it yet.

Hey, as long as they're just floating in your kidneys.

It's when they decide they've had enough and want to leave that they become a problem!
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-05-23 08:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Turned my desktop on finally and updated everything... and then windows wanted to restart. If windows 10 installed I will throw this *** at Candlebob.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 08:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So the ticket was just a stupid pop-up with a fake tech support number. She had like 15 coupon blah blah extensions though, I deleted that crap without even asking her about it.

I already dislike plain coke, and asparagus blended sounds like a terrible idea... but honestly I just want this crap gone, so I will give it a shot.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-05-23 08:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea my pc tried to auto update to 10 with out me clicking the damn thing. Had to go into it and cancele the damn update schedule
By Jetackuu 2016-05-23 08:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously remove KB3035583 it's the GWX update utility that has decided to start scheduling updates for people. After you remove, recheck for updates and unlick and hide it.

You will need to obviously turn your updates to "notify but don't install" or one of the similar options.

Don't need any extra software or anything, it's really easy, just may take a few minutes because Windows Updates is slow.

On another note recently they've announced that they're basically released a cumulative patch for Win7 updates, basically a SP2 but without the name, so that will be cool.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 08:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

New Teacher: How do I get my personal iPad on the wifi network?

Me: Right now, due to network limitations, the superintendent is not allowing us to put personal devices on the network.

New Teacher: Okay... So how to I request to get an iPad for a student?

Me: A single iPad? For a single 'student' to use?

New Teacher: Yes, for a student to use.

Me:
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-23 08:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
THATS GROSS

yes....yes it is....

Gross Stories From OldWorld!!!
<echo trails off>
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-05-23 08:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just how old is Nik?
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 08:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
THATS GROSS

yes....yes it is....

<echo trails off>

I don't drink a LOT of dark cola, only really when special kinds come out like the "real sugar" pepsi or the cherry vanilla pepsi.

Mine I am PRETTY SURE are from drinking 2-3 energy drinks a day on average for about 6 years.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 08:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SpaceAnomaly said: »
Just how old is Nik?

or 73
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-23 09:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
New Teacher: How do I get my personal iPad on the wifi network?

Me: Right now, due to network limitations, the superintendent is not allowing us to put personal devices on the network.

New Teacher: Okay... So how to I request to get an iPad for a student?

Me: A single iPad? For a single 'student' to use?

New Teacher: Yes, for a student to use.

Me:
I love that video. Lol
By Jetackuu 2016-05-23 09:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for any poor soul who has 10 forced on them now, you can usually revert within 30 days.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-23 09:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just how old is Nik?

It's a mystery...the nearest anyone can figure out it's somewhere around 47~48..
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-23 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I don't drink a LOT of dark cola, only really when special kinds come out like the "real sugar" pepsi or the cherry vanilla pepsi.

Mine I am PRETTY SURE are from drinking 2-3 energy drinks a day on average for about 6 years.

iirc it's the citric acid in cola and energy drinks that leeches calcium from your bones
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-23 09:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER's fun facts about Citric acid

Citric acid is an excellent chelating agent, binding metals. It is used to remove limescale from boilers and evaporators.[9] It can be used to soften water, which makes it useful in soaps and laundry detergents. By chelating the metals in hard water, it lets these cleaners produce foam and work better without need for water softening. Citric acid is the active ingredient in some bathroom and kitchen cleaning solutions. A solution with a 6% concentration of citric acid will remove hard water stains from glass without scrubbing. In the industry, it is used to dissolve rust from steel. Citric acid can be used in shampoo to wash out wax and coloring from the hair.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 09:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Also for any poor soul who has 10 forced on them now, you can usually revert within 30 days.

I like 10 on my desktop.

My laptop is a different story, but my laptop is just temperamental no matter what OS it has, it seems.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 09:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER's fun facts about Citric acid

Citric acid is an excellent chelating agent, binding metals. It is used to remove limescale from boilers and evaporators.[9] It can be used to soften water, which makes it useful in soaps and laundry detergents. By chelating the metals in hard water, it lets these cleaners produce foam and work better without need for water softening. Citric acid is the active ingredient in some bathroom and kitchen cleaning solutions. A solution with a 6% concentration of citric acid will remove hard water stains from glass without scrubbing. In the industry, it is used to dissolve rust from steel. Citric acid can be used in shampoo to wash out wax and coloring from the hair.

Also it appears naturally in citrus fruits, and in more or less anything that has fruit-based citrus flavoring*, hence the name.

*as opposed to "natural flavors," which may or may not be actual citrus. Though oddly, citric acid is probably still present.

There's a whole list of delicious things you shouldn't go near if you're worried about kidney stones.

Bottom line is that ***is delicious.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-23 09:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I like 10 on my desktop.

My laptop is a different story, but my laptop is just temperamental no matter what OS it has, it seems.
/slap

Yeah, some devices are just lemons.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-05-23 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When and if I get my pc built I'm going to have to find a W7 disk cheap lol hate windows 8/10
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-23 09:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a whole list of delicious things you shouldn't go near if you're worried about kidney stones.

old age is simply defined as one diet restriction at a time until you either starve to death or die of bored tastebud syndrome
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 09:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I just don't have problems with 10. It runs well for me and the only problems I've encountered deal with trying to use 8+-year-old software on it and even then there's workarounds most of the time, I just have to, you know, try.

I get that new OS's tend to be headaches for networking people, but that's just not a problem for me.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-23 09:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like 10 on my desktop.
Changed nothing for me other than having a less annoying start menu.

I didn't even get a warning about the installation though, no "I'm about to install something" or even "hey I'm about to reboot" the damn thing just upped and shut itself down starting the installation.

It's not like I wanted to give you my opinion or anything pc.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-23 09:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I love 10.

Only, we call it X. Well, OS X to be precise.

Well, if you wanna be really accurate, it's OS X Mavericks. Does a fine job, though.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-23 09:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running XP on my laptop still, no problem here!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-05-23 09:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

60 million downloads celebration on Dokkan Battle.
Quote:
1: A Dragon stone a day for nearly 3 weeks (plus an assortment of similar novelties)

2: Hero Extermination Event.

3: 30% off baba store points.

4: 2X quest experience

5: Probability of training success multipliers doubled (eg "Big Success 1.2X xp" when training)

6: The levels for all 5 awakening medals are up for the entire event.

7: Dokkan fest summon featuring only the TUR villains, and each of their dokkan events.

8: Two special discounted summons featuring either Surpreme super attacks (Starting on the 2nd) or strong leader skills (Starting on the 7th).
So that's around 20 or so stones from logins and... maybe 30 or so from Hero Extermination Plan. Definitely gonna have enough to do 3 pulls on Gogeta. :3
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-05-23 09:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously remove KB3035583 it's the GWX update utility that has decided to start scheduling updates for people. After you remove, recheck for updates and unlick and hide it.
I think I already did before I packed my stuff up. I guess its not a huge deal since like you said I can just revert or if worse case happens I have a win 7 disk.

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I love 10.

Well, if you wanna be really accurate, it's OS X Mavericks. Does a fine job, though.
I might get some crap for this but I liked what little interaction I've had with Mac OS. I still think they are way over priced but I don't mind the OS.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-23 09:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

THATS GROSS

yes....yes it is....

<echo trails off>

Coka cola (or just coke) is ok in small amounts, its a drink for kids at parties. Or at roast dinners if too cheap for alchomahlols.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-23 09:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
When and if I get my pc built I'm going to have to find a W7 disk cheap lol hate windows 8/10

I have several discs, even easier if you just want to use an activator.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-23 09:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I love 10.

I might get some crap for this but I liked what little interaction I've had with Mac OS. I still think they are way over priced but I don't mind the OS.
I look at the price as paying for quality. I've had this laptop for 3 years now and it's still ticking like I bought it yesterday. Hell, I've even had water damage and it's still running like brand new.

I liken it to food. Sure, you can feed yourself with cheap food, but it won't taste that great and it's probably going to make you sick at one point or another. But if you buy quality ingredients, sure it's more expensive, but you get so much more out of them. I don't mind paying a little more for something that will last me a number of years without falling apart.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19391 19392 19393 ... 22622 22623 22624