Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19282 19283 19284 ... 22606 22607 22608
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 12:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Ramyrez said: »
had a hard time playing a bad guy

If you had a hard time playing a bad guy, you must mean playing as Roland and Lilith in BL1 right?

Jack was not a bad guy. He had greed issues sure, but a lot of what he was doing was establishing defenses and protecting Pandora. Being double crossed by Roland and Lilith pushed him over the edge, causing him to be the villain in BL2.

Really he was no different than any Vault Hunter. They go from planet to planet in search of Vaults, for loots and power, and they kill anyone who gets in their way. Jack often tried to reason with people who were settled in areas he wanted to explore or mine etc, usually throwing money at them. The Vault Hunters just shoot their way through problems.

Jack is the real hero.

Will someone get KN off of Grumpy's keyboard?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 12:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well obviously I didn't previously. I'm happy knowing it is, though it will probably still be a while.
By Yatenkou 2016-05-06 13:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well obviously I didn't previously. I'm happy knowing it is, though it will probably still be a while.

More than likely, but I'm glad I'll have osmething to look forward to
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-06 13:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The Elder Scrolls VI... I'm waiting... :(
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 13:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
The Elder Scrolls VI... I'm waiting... :(

Oh man. Given the changes from 3/NV > 4 with Fallout, I can only imagine the crying that will commence if they enact any of those changes into the ES series.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-06 13:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had a hard time playing a bad guy, you must mean playing as Roland and Lilith in BL1 right?

Jack was not a bad guy. He had greed issues sure, but a lot of what he was doing was establishing defenses and protecting Pandora. Being double crossed by Roland and Lilith pushed him over the edge, causing him to be the villain in BL2.

Really he was no different than any Vault Hunter. They go from planet to planet in search of Vaults, for loots and power, and they kill anyone who gets in their way. Jack often tried to reason with people who were settled in areas he wanted to explore or mine etc, usually throwing money at them. The Vault Hunters just shoot their way through problems.

Jack is the real hero.

Telling that story was the whole point of Pre-sequel!

Seriously, I went into that game HATING Jack, I mean I loved to hate him, but I HATED him. What he put people through, what he did to his daughter, unforgivable.

Then Pre-sequel and just, Jack got *** over, and *** over HARD. At that point the ONLY thing I think he did that was close to wrong was what he did to Angel (I even sympathize there to a degree, she did kill her mother after all and for all he knew about Sirens at the time she could have ended up an uncontrollable monster). Everything he did to the Vault Hunters was completely justified.

I look forward to 3, and I enjoyed the other games as a whole experience, I just really hope they don't go so far in dating themselves. The thing about memes is they come and usually go far far away. Borderlands 2 had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many meme references that 10-15 years from now won't make any sense and people will be too lazy to bother googling that ***. Pre-sequel toned it down, but then made a bunch of references to the fact that BL2 had too many memes in it... Let me reference my overuse of references with a reference to my references.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-05-06 13:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the story about jack and the original BL1 cast is fine, I have no issues with.

problem for Pre-sequel, for me was, the playable characters wherent too fun to play with, and asides some lulz voice lines, it was hard to like em, and this goes skill wise and personality wise.

yes, jack double is broken, yes claptrap is lolzy in co-op but characters didnt hit the mark.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-06 13:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

pre sequel never felt like more than a big dlc for me
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-06 13:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At 5:05 you can see they used Joey Wheeler's deck to write BL2.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 13:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, I went into that game HATING Jack, I mean I loved to hate him, but I HATED him. What he put people through, what he did to his daughter, unforgivable.

Then Pre-sequel and just, Jack got *** over, and *** over HARD. At that point the ONLY thing I think he did that was close to wrong was what he did to Angel (I even sympathize there to a degree, she did kill her mother after all and for all he knew about Sirens at the time she could have ended up an uncontrollable monster). Everything he did to the Vault Hunters was completely justified.

Noooooooooope.

Jack's a douche. Still a douche. Nothing he did was forgivable. He was a miserable little man who found a way to make others miserable to make himself feel better.

At best sympathetic because his issues were pathological, but like a rabid dog he needed put down. He repeatedly murdered innocent people with glee.

Either way he was a sociopath with a smallman syndrome.

If you wanted to argue that the various Hyperion personnel you kill were innocent I might agree but...hey. They could have changed teams.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
pre sequel never felt like more than a big dlc for me

That was kind of the thing. It was too tied to the events and characters of 2. The first one integrated well with the second, but the Pre-sequel hedged entirely too much on knowing all the happenings and in-jokes and everything with 2.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-06 13:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Noooooooooope.

Jack's a douche. Still a douche. Nothing he did was forgivable. He was a miserable little man who found a way to make others miserable to make himself feel better.

At best sympathetic because his issues were pathological, but like a rabid dog he needed put down. He repeatedly murdered innocent people with glee.

If you wanted to argue that the various Hyperion personnel you kill were innocent I might agree but...hey. They could have changed teams.

I guess I see it more as a specific chain of events that caused him to become the murderous psycho that you see him as. To my understanding the first person he actually killed (not counting randomly pew-pew'd NPCs in route to the moonshot, canonically you could argue that the VH did all the killing) was the Meriff, a person who betrayed him and then literally tried to shoot him in the back.

Then you just have case and case where people stab him in the back, Hyperion execs trying to shut him down forced his hand with the scientists he airlocked. This is supposed to be what justifies the Vault Hunters/Moxxi betraying him? That is a little bizarre to me when the Vault Hunters solve problems like "I need a fuse" by murdering an entire encampment of "bandits".

Hyperion, the Vault Hunters, and necessity made Jack what he was in BL2, anything up to that point he was trying to be a god damn hero.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-06 14:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-06 14:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Noooooooooope.

I guess I see it more as a specific chain of events that caused him to become the murderous psycho that you see him as. To my understanding the first person he actually killed (not counting randomly pew-pew'd NPCs in route to the moonshot, canonically you could argue that the VH did all the killing) was the Meriff, a person who betrayed him and then literally tried to shoot him in the back.

Then you just have case and case where people stab him in the back, Hyperion execs trying to shut him down forced his hand with the scientists he airlocked. This is supposed to be what justifies the Vault Hunters/Moxxi betraying him? That is a little bizarre to me when the Vault Hunters solve problems like "I need a fuse" by murdering an entire encampment of "bandits".

Hyperion, the Vault Hunters, and necessity made Jack what he was in BL2, anything up to that point he was trying to be a god damn hero.

I feel like the thing with Angel alone can't be justified really, so he's bad from the start to me. His tendencies toward violence and the like are pretty readily displayed through and through, see some of the ECHOs where he's meek and subservient when being talked to by people but when he's alone he's being nasty, or when he has the chance to turn the tables he's sadistic as hell.

I'm not saying he was always evil, but he clearly always had a bit of a sociopathic streak.

Then again, the entire series is a caricature so it's sort of hard to put too much stock into any of the violence and what have you, I suppose.

But Jack was a mega douche, through and through. He may have thought he was trying to be a hero in his own twisted mind, but that vision was not compatible with reality.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-05-06 14:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I'm so glad I pay for 10Mbps upload speeds.

Oh wait, I'm actually getting less than 1.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-06 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Man, I'm so glad I pay for 10Mbps upload speeds.

Oh wait, I'm actually getting less than 1.

I pay for a basic package and get like 6, literally I have no use for such upload speeds.

On another note can any of you artist nerds draw this?

Just the picture he's holding, verbatim? Can't find a standalone version of it.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-05-06 14:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My upload speeds are killed at least once a week, usually right when I'm starting to stream. I'm still convinced Cox is throttling it.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-05-06 15:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So, if my cat runs out of food in the middle of the night, he'll go into panic mode... so this morning I woke up to find all my fish food broken into and eaten, his bag of food with teeth marks in it and cat barf everywhere.. and slightly eaten

He literally didn't have food for four hours...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-06 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
So, if my cat runs out of food in the middle of the night, he'll go into panic mode... so this morning I woke up to find all my fish food broken into and eaten, his bag of food with teeth marks in it and cat barf everywhere.. and slightly eaten

He literally didn't have food for four hours...

Hit it with a brick.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-05-06 15:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well went and reserved Overwatch. Had too much fun with the beta
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-05-06 15:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jack is the real hero.

I look forward to 3, and I enjoyed the other games as a whole experience, I just really hope they don't go so far in dating themselves. The thing about memes is they come and usually go far far away. Borderlands 2 had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many meme references that 10-15 years from now won't make any sense and people will be too lazy to bother googling that ***. Pre-sequel toned it down, but then made a bunch of references to the fact that BL2 had too many memes in it... Let me reference my overuse of references with a reference to my references.
Think they said it would be more of a darker comedy than BL2 was so I'm kinda hoping this is true lol
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2016-05-06 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

problem for Pre-sequel, for me was, the playable characters wherent too fun to play with, and asides some lulz voice lines, it was hard to like em, and this goes skill wise and personality wise.

yes, jack double is broken, yes claptrap is lolzy in co-op but characters didnt hit the mark.
Claptrap was fun lol
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-05-06 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cable tech scheduled to come out tomorrow. So annoying.
By Yatenkou 2016-05-06 15:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

OhjiMithra said: »
Bismarck.Misao said: »

Claptrap was fun lol

I agree, watching my friend who is pure ***at the game play Claptrap and get murdered over and over...is sweet music to my ears...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-06 15:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We did that today in Overwatch with Kitty lol
By Bloodrose 2016-05-06 15:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just go to the blizzard site to download the beta, or did I miss the beta?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-06 15:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

us.battle.net/en or w/e and get the app > download from there
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-06 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No one even talking about Battleborn lol