Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18014 18015 18016 ... 22575 22576 22577
By Ackeron 2015-10-04 07:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ackeron said: »
I've never been a parent...not to a human child anyway, but I'm pretty sure if you ignore temper tantrums instead of reacting to them, the kid will eventually learn it isn't working and stop.
Better reaction to temper tantrums is to laugh at them and tell them to try harder. They eventually tire themselves out and fall asleep.
I'm talking about actual kids, not Nikolce.
lol so am I. Nephew used to throw these tantrums and I would laugh at him. His tantrums were falling to his knees and screaming while hitting his head on the floor. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Maybe that is why he is so stupid.
That's exactly what my grand-nephew's does.
Well heads up, in a few years he will beg you to get him Pokemon games then get stuck in the first town for 2 years since he doesn't want to readhow to use HMs. Then he will go back to playing CoD and saying how it is the best game ever.
By Kittykite 2015-10-04 07:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
All completely true!
Wrong I will run and scream if a bug comes running at me... >_>
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-04 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been a parent...not to a human child anyway, but I'm pretty sure if you ignore temper tantrums instead of reacting to them, the kid will eventually learn it isn't working and stop.
Better reaction to temper tantrums is to laugh at them and tell them to try harder. They eventually tire themselves out and fall asleep.
I'm talking about actual kids, not Nikolce.
lol so am I. Nephew used to throw these tantrums and I would laugh at him. His tantrums were falling to his knees and screaming while hitting his head on the floor. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Maybe that is why he is so stupid.
That's exactly what my grand-nephew's does.
Well heads up, in a few years he will beg you to get him Pokemon games then get stuck in the first town for 2 years since he doesn't want to readhow to use HMs. Then he will go back to playing CoD and saying how it is the best game ever.
As an on-and-off fan of Pokémon, I'm vehemently against him getting into Pokémon. So much money blown. >.>
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-04 07:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to kill parents who let their kids scream and annoy people in public cause they can't be bothered to stop them.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-10-04 07:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw FFIX at him then >_>

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I want to kill parents who let their kids scream and annoy people in public cause they can't be bothered to stop them.

In 'Merica people will call the cops on you if you do discipline them in public lol.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 08:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you expect them to do? Put a muzzle on them?
By Ackeron 2015-10-04 08:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Yes.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-04 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw FFIX at him then >_>

In 'Merica people will call the cops on you if you do discipline them in public lol.
He will know the greatness on FFIX when he is worthy. *nod-nod*
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 08:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Kittykite 2015-10-04 08:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As a cashier I want to spin the bag wheel and hit them in the head :| or spin them and hurt their arms or something... <_< they hold on to it and try to play with it while I am bagging everything. I hate most of the kids up there :/
By Ackeron 2015-10-04 08:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This from reddit a year ago makes me smile still.
Quote:
So a while ago I had decided to treat myself and go to Burger King. I hadn't had the greatest of days and I had a headache coming on. It was a very long line and I was at the end of it waiting patiently. When behind me comes this woman yapping on her cellphone with a little monster of a child.

This kid was out of control, screaming, punching his mother throwing around a gameboy whenever something didn't go right in the game. The mother didn't seem to pay any attention to him and his continued yelling of 'I want a *** PIE'. After about 5 minutes of the line with these people behind me, I had gone from a headache to a full on migraine, but nothing was going to stop me from getting those burgers.

I calmly turn and ask her nicely if she can please calm or quiet her child down. Immediately she gets up in my face telling me I can't tell her nothing about raising her child and to mind my own business. I nod and turn around, shes still yelling at the back of my head when the child cries out again how he wants a pie, the mother consoles him, calling him sweety and ensuring they'll get pies for lunch because she loves him so much. Things immediately go back to the they were and I wait another 5 minutes before getting to the front of the line.

It turns out it was so slow because they had 1 trainee on cash during the lunch hour rush. All I can think of is how the people behind me ruined my splurge and gave me this headache. I then decide to ruin their day. I order every pie they have left in addition to my burgers. Turned out to be 23 pies in total, I take my order and walk towards the exit.

Moments later I hear the woman yelling, what do you mean you don't have any pies left, who bought them all? I turn around and see the cashier pointing me out with the woman shooting me a death glare. I stand there and pull out a pie and slowly start eating eat as I stare back at her. She starts running towards me but can't get to me because of other lineups in the food court. I turn and slowly walk away.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 08:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kids I dealt with as a cashier easily enough, the annoying part is when people licked their money. Or got mad when you requested their ID and denied them a sale, especially when it's freaking posted everywhere. Ah, boy do I not miss that ***.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-04 08:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Educate them.

If the parent's method is to let them loose he can do so in their home, not around others.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 08:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Educate them.

If the parent's method is to let them loose he can do so in their home, not around others.

It's not that simple Seha, it just isn't and you know that. There's times where a kid wants to throw a tantrum, and you just have to let them go through with it, as trying to make it stop only makes it worse. Well the alternative is to usually give them what they want, but I often adamantly refuse to do so, but it's hard when almost everyone else likes to spoil.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 08:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

GOOD MORNING, DAVE...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-04 08:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Educate them.

It's not that simple Seha, it just isn't and you know that. There's times where a kid wants to throw a tantrum, and you just have to let them go through with it, as trying to make it stop only makes it worse. Well the alternative is to usually give them what they want, but I often adamantly refuse to do so, but it's hard when almost everyone else likes to spoil.
The kids screaming and crying doesn't bother me anymore, it's when the dogs start barking that pisses me off.

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-10-04 08:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhg... Get to work and half the ***our night people where supposed to do they didnt even attempt... Getting tierd of spending half my shift doing other peoples work ontop of my own
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-10-04 08:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always just do like Grandad from the Boondocks.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-04 08:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If they don't comply you either take em away or if it's not possible then you give in. It comes to a point where you can't just be a bother to the rest of the world cause of a psychological game. Use threats, glares, manipulation, or whatever I don't particularly care about a discussion of pedagogy(it bores me to death), but you have to be respectful of others.

Besides it's not just tantrums, sometimes they're just left to do whatever they feel like to enjoy themselves and the parents ignore them completely.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 08:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

but you have to be respectful of others.
Not really.

/Murica
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-04 09:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda extreme but some weeks ago at the hairdresser there was this kid who absolutely did not want to have a haircut. It was screaming like they were cutting his legs rather than his hair, it was incredible...three people had to keep it still to get the job done(and it was kinda dangerous..)
Anyway...I know some kids just hate haircuts for some reason, but the mother...

She was just there giggling and telling the stylist to adjust here or there where it was nigh impossible to satisfy the requests...but what blew my mind was at the end of this tragedy the mother goes "You've been very good, I'll buy you icecream!"

Dude...I understand if you said it earlier as a promise to try to calm the kid; but after you ignored the despair that an entire shop went through you give him a reward...?
I think the hairdresser deserved a icecream, not the child.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 09:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda extreme but some weeks ago at the hairdresser there was this kid who absolutely did not want to have a haircut. It was screaming like they were cutting his legs rather than his hair, it was incredible...three people had to keep it still to get the job done(and it was kinda dangerous..)

She was just there giggling and telling the stylist to adjust here or there where it was nigh impossible to satisfy the requests...but what blew my mind was at the end of this tragedy the mother goes "You've been very good, I'll buy you icecream!"

Dude...I understand if you said it earlier as a promise to try to calm the kid; but after you ignored the despair that an entire shop went through you give him a reward...?

Yeah that situation and what I was referencing are literally worlds apart.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-04 09:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Could always just do like Grandad from the Boondocks.

Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-10-04 09:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not uncommon for parents to delude themselves into thinking their kids can do no wrong.

And then they look at other peoples kids and want to say how not behaved they are lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-10-04 09:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an all too familiar scene nowadays.

Post deleted by User.
By Yatenkou 2015-10-04 09:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If a kid is causing some severe drama and making a scene. Here's how you solve the problem.

I had my *** busted a few times with this old beauty, never caused trouble my entire trip through public schooling after that. Kids think they're in charge nowadays, and parents need to reclaim their status as head of the house and knock this new generation down a peg. Seriously it's just getting obscene.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18014 18015 18016 ... 22575 22576 22577