Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16893 16894 16895 ... 22573 22574 22575
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-30 19:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the biggest reason people find Souls games difficult is because we've had so many easy games the last decade or so. Before that the games didn't hold your hand and you'd actually have to get somewhat good at them to beat the main story or normal levels, above average for the optional content.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-30 19:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
The difficulty they're known for is false, they aren't difficult games.
Well, you talk about dying all the time so in a way you are contributing to that though I'm not sure if you're joking to some extent when you do so. Either way.

I was going to watch your stream just to watch but I never catch you streaming and I don't know what your Twitch is.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-30 19:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I didn't think Demon Souls was difficult I found it extremely repetitive. To the point of boring.
and the first souls game, things get tweaked and refined.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-30 19:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Well, you talk about dying all the time so in a way you are contributing to that though I'm not sure if you're joking to some extent when you do so. Either way.

I was going to watch your stream just to watch but I never catch you streaming and I don't know what your Twitch is.
It took me 61 hours to clear the first run, from those 500 deaths many of those deaths are attempts, with around 15 or so bosses in the game. Then you have deaths where I made a mistake and the enemy won.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-30 19:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me 61 hours to clear the first run, from those 500 deaths many of those deaths are attempts, with around 15 or so bosses in the game. Then you have deaths where I made a mistake and the enemy won.
I may try it one day, I may not but at the moment, I don't really think I'd like it. One thing is is if something takes too much time I get bored of it.

How is Soul's difficulty in relation to the more recent Zelda games?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-30 19:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if I still have the highest score in the world in the demo lmao, people were sending me messages about that, asking me how I got such a high score

I died a ton and just repeated the thing and it let me keep my score each time and at the end I had a massive one <.<
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-30 19:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Obviously Luke was using the force...

Why would he need to kick then lol
By volkom 2015-03-30 19:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

why not?
By Bloodrose 2015-03-30 19:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Force Kick! HIIIII-YA!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-30 19:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't do anything if he's just gonna use the force anyway
By Bloodrose 2015-03-30 19:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He has to use his hands and mind to control the force, so why not his feet?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-30 19:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Dark souls being harder makes it less profitable due to alienating most of the market.
Doubtful, I may not be interested in it, but there will always be the "Challenge Accepted" types who will buy the game just to try, just to fail, and just to laugh at themselves and their friends.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2015-03-30 19:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

more humiliating? or was just an option to do at the time

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-30 19:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine just being able to kick your enemies in the nuts from across the entire room.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-30 19:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I may try it one day, I may not but at the moment, I don't really think I'd like it. One thing is is if something takes too much time I get bored of it.

I haven't played them.

A souls game, before Bloodborne, is basically this.

You start out in a tutorial, with a boss that is too powerful for you initially. This is to teach you to recognize enemies that are too strong for you to handle, and to come back again when you're ready. You find a weapon, a shield, and you have weak enemies that don't hit you very hard to learn how to block, and attack when there is an opening. You get your healing item, and take on the boss that you were too weak to fight against before. You probably die once or twice, but you learn the move skillset the boss has, and how to avoid damage. After that, you see openings to take advantage of, and to deal enough damage until the boss is defeated.

Then you walk out into this open world, where the areas are interconnected, and you go off on an adventure exploring each of them, learning their stories they have to tell, and fighting for your life along the way.

Bloodborne is the same, except no shield :P
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-30 19:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark souls being harder makes it less profitable due to alienating most of the market.
Doubtful, I may not be interested in it, but there will always be the "Challenge Accepted" types who will buy the game just to try, just to fail, and just to laugh at themselves and their friends.
For free to play games, or 5-15 dollar games, sure, but not a full 60 dollar release.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-30 19:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played them.

A souls game, before Bloodborne, is basically this.

You start out in a tutorial, with a boss that is too powerful for you initially. This is to teach you to recognize enemies that are too strong for you to handle, and to come back again when you're ready. You find a weapon, a shield, and you have weak enemies that don't hit you very hard to learn how to block, and attack when there is an opening. You get your healing item, and take on the boss that you were too weak to fight against before. You probably die once or twice, but you learn the move skillset the boss has, and how to avoid damage. After that, you see openings to take advantage of, and to deal enough damage until the boss is defeated.

Then you walk out into this open world, where the areas are interconnected, and you go off on an adventure exploring each of them, learning their stories they have to tell, and fighting for your life along the way.

Bloodborne is the same, except no shield :P
So it's fairly open-world? You actually make it sound more fun than anyone else.

...But you know how you think the Sonic commercials are funny so I try not to trust your opinion. :)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-30 19:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You're free to go wherever you want in the game but your equipment might not be the best for it (but you can still do it if you're good enough, though it might take quite a while to kill a boss)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-30 19:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For free to play games, or 5-15 dollar games, sure, but not a full 60 dollar release.
Trust me, they are out there.

EDIT: To expand, look at the bold. In these cases, the game would be fulfilling it's purpose of entertainment.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-30 19:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Demon's Souls wasn't, but the areas were fairly large that it wasn't that big of a deal. It had a hub where you chose where to travel to, for like 5 regions.

Dark Souls took the open world concept all the way, weaving each area together and having the exit of one area be a door or a ledge you couldn't reach / open before, and now you have a shortcut back to where you were.

Dark Souls II was like a spiderweb, where areas weren't so much connected to each other, but branched outward from the hub area that went off in different directions.

Bloodborne takes Demon's Souls hub, and sends you to different bonfires in the open world. outside of the hub, the game is completely open world, connected, and wonderfully designed.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-30 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm turned into Flavin
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-30 19:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
We're rambled enough by now for you to know dark souls is an open world game with no zone lines to load in content, you just walk anywhere freely.

Even without the master key you could start a game, skip like 7 bosses and go kill quelaag as your first boss. Or skip 12+ bosses and make Sif your first kill. It's making the game much harder but you have that freedom.
Exactly, and this freedom is very appealing to many players. Most players will fight every boss, or every boss that they find, and defeat them. Skilled and experienced players will know how to skip a boss entirely, killing only the ones needed to trigger an event, or for their drop.
First Page 2 3 ... 16893 16894 16895 ... 22573 22574 22575