Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16398 16399 16400 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-01-29 15:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Also since nobody else said it. Something something, I'd take Seha for a ride, something something.
Well, we try to stick away from that now, since we want to try to prevent another explosion here.

Not that I wasn't thinking of saying the same thing *wink wink*

Wait, what happened? We're not allowed to make sex jokes about one another? But... I thought turning everything Seha said into a sex joke was like... normal here?

I've been doing 48s and school has been whooping my ***. Haven't been around a lot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-29 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-01-29 15:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Another 250 word discussion post :x at least this case thing I have to read isn't 15 pages (it's 5!)
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-01-29 15:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Staff of ffxiah asked us to be more tactful in RT yes weakness.

I don't think I have it in me to be "tactful."
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 15:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tact is for people who have to pretend they have charm or happen to be afraid of offending people.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 15:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
seƱor
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 15:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually said "Hello" to someone, who in turn, and quite seriously stated... "I find that offensive" and walked off.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 15:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, I don't go out of my way to actually offend someone that often.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it at all.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 15:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Tact... *thinks*

tact..? *thinks harder*

mmm... *massages head*

no, sorry don't know what that is.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-01-29 15:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Tact is for people who have to pretend they have charm or happen to be afraid of offending people.

I have a "verbal diarrhea" problem. I just habitually say whatever pops into my head, and proceed to have ***come out of my mouth.

Some people appreciate it because they know I don't think enough to lie about things. Other hate it because they can't accept the truth. Have had several stern "talking to's" over the past year because of hurt people's feelings in school. Among such sayings is the popular, "It's not my fault you're stupid."

Thankfully my chosen career path requires a very high degree of being able to have thick skin.
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 15:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, someone must be looking out for me. Somehow my check wasn't as devastating as I anticipated due to some bizarre "Personal holiday" addition of 24 hours, despite having been suspended and only working 24 hours for the week in question..

Looks like I'll actually be able to get my friend his present after all~
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 15:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Well, someone must be looking out for me. Somehow my check wasn't as devastating as I anticipated due to some bizarre "Personal holiday" addition of 24 hours, despite having been suspended and only working 24 hours for the week in question..

You get vacation?
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 15:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I don't want to, I strongly disagree with this one. Tact goes far beyond the notion of simply avoiding trespass or offending others. Understanding your scenario and word choice have consequence far beyond such short sightedness.
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 15:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You get vacation?

No. Vacation checks are always separate and sent to you a week or two after your anniversary with the company, which usually for me is around late March/early April. I still can't figure out where these 24 hours of "Personal holiday" came from, but it definitely saved my bacon in what would otherwise be a very tough patch for me.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 15:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I don't want to, I strongly disagree with this one. Tact goes far beyond the notion of simply avoiding trespass or offending others. Understanding your scenario and word choice have consequence far beyond such short sightedness.
Actually, it doesn't. It really does boil down to being "sensitive" in the respect as not to offend someone, or a group of people.

There are many scenarios where tact can be employed, as well as word choice, but that's really subjective, since there's nothing objective about it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 15:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You get vacation?

No. Vacation checks are always separate and sent to you a week or two after your anniversary with the company, which usually for me is around late March/early April. I still can't figure out where these 24 hours of "Personal holiday" came from, but it definitely saved my bacon in what would otherwise be a very tough patch for me.
You might have some sort of PTO system in place that you don't know about.

Either that or it was a paid suspension. You should probably figure out how to do that again~
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It has a bit to do with diplomacy and perception too; not just walking on eggshells. That's only half of it really.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 15:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It has a bit to do with diplomacy and perception too; not just walking on eggshells. That's only half of it really.
That's actually what I stated. With diplomacy, you have to choose your words wisely, so as not to offend the other party, so it is essentially walking on eggshells.

Politicians know this better than anyone. In the case someone *is* offended, they try to make amends or retract their statements, or offer clarification.

Which is, again, walking on eggshells.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 15:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Case in point, the whole je suis charlie thing.
Is that what we are calling the murder in France earlier this month now?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-01-29 15:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm offended by people being offended by stupid ***
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-01-29 15:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

KN's new avatar makes me want to watch DBZ... Now on episode 3.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 15:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tact often means lies. I'd rather honest brutality than sugar bs. And I've always acted according to this.
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 15:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually what I stated. With diplomacy, you have to choose your words wisely, so as not to offend the other party, so it is essentially walking on eggshells.

Politicians know this better than anyone. In the case someone *is* offended, they try to make amends or retract their statements, or offer clarification.

Which is, again, walking on eggshells.

Eh, I think that viewpoint is a bit short sighted, but agree to disagree I suppose.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 15:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Another social norm I don't understand. Honesty is all that matters to me, just cause I give you a bad news without sugar coating doesn't mean I lack empathy for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-01-29 15:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Tact often means lies. I'd rather honest brutality than sugar bs. And I've always acted according to this.

Comments like this always make me curious about getting to actually know Seha. But then I'm held back by the understanding that regardless of intentions I'll always be "some creepy internet guy" to women.
First Page 2 3 ... 16398 16399 16400 ... 22574 22575 22576