Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15850 15851 15852 ... 22573 22574 22575
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2014-11-24 15:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

also mag you need to guess what my page 42 is from

page:
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 15:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Kalila said: »
We're working the bugs out of something new.
stop breaking stuff like me :O
Scragg broke it, not me. Why, if only I had a red bar....err, I'd probably break it further.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-11-24 15:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... That was super easy to reset my password, just need my NREMT number from my card and last 4 of my social.

Now, need to look up all my medic ***for my continuing education. Also I can list where I work. This is less of an annoyance than I thought is was going to be.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 15:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, I need to see about getting my HP cert, ugh, should have done it 8 months ago when I could have for free.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-24 15:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Scragg broke it, not me. Why, if only I had a red bar....err, I'd probably break it further.
Scragg is an Android guy.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-24 15:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

OhjiMithra said: »
You mean the satanic pineapple? I'm assuming something horrifying.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-24 15:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching the news, see that Ferguson, MO is preparing for riots, Panera Bread in the back ground.

Breaking News: I want a bread bowl.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 15:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg is an Android guy.
That has to do with the statement, how?

But glad to hear, as that is the superior mobile platform.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-24 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Need a reliable 1500-2000 watt 220/240 volt to 110/120 volt step down converter. Been browsing them online for the past 45min, anyone have any experience with a decent one?

I love reading reviews that go from anyone from, 'love it, this is perfect. been using it for over a year now' to 'crapped out within 6 months' on the same product.

So far this seems like the one, idk tho.

http://www.amazon.com/Bright-VC1500W-Voltage-Transformer-converter/dp/B000MXZ2XK/
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-24 15:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Land back in state, snow is waiting to welcome me. It was green when we landed... Not so much now.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-24 15:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Land back in state, snow is waiting to welcome me. It was green when we landed... Not so much now.
Global warming is a myth.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-24 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Cited for future global warming threads...
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 16:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Need a reliable 1500-2000 watt 220/240 volt to 110/120 volt step down converter. Been browsing them online for the past 45min, anyone have any experience with a decent one?

I love reading reviews that go from anyone from, 'love it, this is perfect. been using it for over a year now' to 'crapped out within 6 months' on the same product.

http://www.amazon.com/Bright-VC1500W-Voltage-Transformer-converter/dp/B000MXZ2XK/

What are you using that takes that much juice?

You could probably get a new plug for your laptop that will go in the other socket (most power adapters on laptops do 110/220 just a matter of using the right plug). Can't think of you dragging much else with you besides your phone charger (which you should get a new one anyway, charger).

But no I've never had the need to use one, if I had gotten my hands on this server that was being recycled I would have needed one as it used dual 220 rails, but I didn't, so I never bothered with it.

I would also be concerned with the purity of your signal over there, in older buildings it could be rather noisy, you may need a voltage stabilizer to make sure you're getting constant 220ac, otherwise you could fry it if it spikes. Which is honestly probably what some people's problems are, old wiring, or negligent power company, as after all they don't/"can't" guarantee constant power.

edit: after thinking for a moment, even a laptop should only take 90w+- and a phone a fraction of that, but I guess it's not too much if you don't want to have to rebuy everything.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 16:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

/stare
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-24 16:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

got a random invite on skype. Added the person and they are offline.
Not sure if its a real person or a bot.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-11-24 16:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

OhjiMithra said: »
You mean the satanic pineapple? I'm assuming something horrifying.
this thingie
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2014-11-24 16:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
its a taco
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-24 16:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rotisserie pork roast with some Slap Ya Mama on em! WHOO cookin' up a storm, breakin' it down, and cripplin' you with swag. What you gonna do?!

AIYEEE!!
 Alexander.Drokin
Server: Alexander
user: drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2014-11-24 16:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave my dog a bath today... As we were finishing up and I was draining the water, she was giving me the saddest look ever.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-24 16:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably get a new plug for your laptop that will go in the other socket (most power adapters on laptops do 110/220 just a matter of using the right plug). Can't think of you dragging much else with you besides your phone charger (which you should get a new one anyway, charger).

But no I've never had the need to use one, if I had gotten my hands on this server that was being recycled I would have needed one as it used dual 220 rails, but I didn't, so I never bothered with it.

I would also be concerned with the purity of your signal over there, in older buildings it could be rather noisy, you may need a voltage stabilizer to make sure you're getting constant 220ac, otherwise you could fry it if it spikes. Which is honestly probably what some people's problems are, old wiring, or negligent power company, as after all they don't/"can't" guarantee constant power.
It's not a laptop I'm bringing over my actual computer (desktop) plus my 24" LCD TV I use as a monitor.

Contemplating whether to just get an outlet converter and switch the power supply to 220/240, but the TV is 120 only. Of course the TV is rated at 34 watts. Maybe just a cheap 50 watt converter might do the trick for that.

It sucks everything is step up and step down, if it was just step down it wouldn't need as much stuff, lol.

The building's power supply isn't an issue, but I might want to get a UPS just in case.

Idk still deciding which route to go. Only reason I started looking at these heavy things was the whole 50hz to 60hz issue.

EDIT: Desktop is 600 watts.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-24 16:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, when I go back to the town we hunt by, I'm getting some of this...

By volkom 2014-11-24 16:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-24 16:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

that could be scary.
By volkom 2014-11-24 16:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 16:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a laptop I'm bringing over my actual computer (desktop) plus my 24" LCD TV I use as a monitor.

Contemplating whether to just get an outlet converter and switch the power supply to 220/240, but the TV is 120 only. Of course the TV is rated at 34 watts. Maybe just a cheap 50 watt converter might do the trick for that.

It sucks everything is step up and step down, if it was just step down it wouldn't need as much stuff, lol.

The building's power supply isn't an issue, but I might want to get a UPS just in case.

Idk still deciding which route to go. Only reason I started looking at these heavy things was the whole 50hz to 60hz issue.

EDIT: Desktop is 600 watts.

I'd probably get the full step up/down (actually it's the same, transformer wise) now if they build it properly, that's another story.

That being said: the one you link worries me, (I'm not very familiar with foreign outlets) but it doesn't look like that thing has ground on the adapter, that concerns me.

It would probably be cheaper to just get the whole converter, than to replace your PSU+ other stuff, just inconvenient if it stops working, I'd probably also use a ups, as they tend to usually have protections against unclean signals, as for the 50hz issue, yeah, that could be an issue, depending on the electronics, most will take both though, good 'ol tolerances, etc.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 16:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp, you could just get the different cord, if your psu has the switch.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-24 16:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was almost crushed by a mountain of potatoes today as someone who is 1 generation off the boat irish the irony is not lost on me
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-24 16:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I like this one, it's got like the whole deal, including a meter.

http://www.world-import.com/2000d.htm
By Jetackuu 2014-11-24 16:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I was almost crushed by a mountain of potatoes today as someone who is 1 generation off the boat irish the irony is not lost on me

I think I'm going to go get myself some meat&tater dinner, what kind yet I'm not sure yet though.
By volkom 2014-11-24 16:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15850 15851 15852 ... 22573 22574 22575