Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15519 15520 15521 ... 22580 22581 22582

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-09-29 22:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I want it! So fat and cute <3
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 22:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Artemicion said: »
Just looked at the 598s. They're as glorious as I'd expect, as Sennheiser makes very HQ cans, but my #1 concern and gripe with them is they make ***cords. Often times way too short, way too thin and flimsy and prone to kinks and threading. How is the cord on the 598s in particular?

It's a bump up in quality when you get to their audiophile headphones.

Cord is 3M (about 9 feet), decent quality, but only ends with a 1/4 jack (does come with a 1/8 adapter). Low impedance so it works with or without an amp, but definitely sounds better with one.

I had them for a little while, but ended up getting HD650's and giving my wife the 598's. Thinking I may get a pair of HifiMan HE-560s after school.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like there's a jack on the headphone drivers themselves, would that mean the cord is removable? If so that would be so awesome. I would love to provide my own proprietary mini jack cord.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 22:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
The typo isn't my fault btw, I'm not the one who made the picture
what's a normal stereotypical breakfest for you guys? As in if you went into a normal small restaurant and ordered just "breakfest special" normal w/e

People don't do that here, we eat cereal or a sandwich in the morning
So even on the weekends, people don't go out for coffee or a drink or a meal breakfest/brunch to spend time with friends etc?

God that sounds like a miserable life if so : /
everyone just sitting at home alone eating cereal or something; I assumed restaurants were a common thing worldwide in developed countries and people all over the world just ate out a few times a month.

And there would be a swedish dish most people enjoyed like there is a canadian dish or a british dish like beans and toast.

There's no typical "breakfast special" here, people just eat what they feel like

Why would that be miserable? You're dumb lol
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Going to the hospital for dehydration is as close as natural selection as you can get for humankind, eeeep.

Unless he was sick or something and stomach couldn't keep down water etc
He's not very smart. My dad was thinking of selling one of his old rifles, a circa 1901 Colt Lightning .22long. My brother tried to say that the stress of my dad looking to sell the gun made him sick. He went in and it turned out he was dehydrated, two days later he went back, saying the doctors were wrong and somehow they came to the conclusion he was having anxiety attacks.

Now, I've had anxiety attacks, often I might add, since I was very young, about 4. When he has an anxiety attack, he starts this pity party *** "No, you don't understand." "Yes, yes I do." "No, these are worse than yours, you don't understand!" I've had one so bad that I was afraid it would send me into cardiac arrest if I didn't find a way to bring myself out of it, I'm just used to it and I don't cry about it. >.>

I had one once when I was younger but as an adult I've only come close to having one a small number of times, and it's all been after being around somebody who has them constantly. I willed myself out of it before it became an issue because I knew what was going on. I realize that most people don't have the willpower in those situations that I do though. But yeah, some people love playing the special little victim card, everyone's got problems, yours may be your own special little snowflake, but in a pile it still looks the same.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looked at the 598s. They're as glorious as I'd expect, as Sennheiser makes very HQ cans, but my #1 concern and gripe with them is they make ***cords. Often times way too short, way too thin and flimsy and prone to kinks and threading. How is the cord on the 598s in particular?

Cord is 3M (about 9 feet), decent quality, but only ends with a 1/4 jack (does come with a 1/8 adapter). Low impedance so it works with or without an amp, but definitely sounds better with one.

I had them for a little while, but ended up getting HD650's and giving my wife the 598's. Thinking I may get a pair of HifiMan HE-560s after school.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like there's a jack on the headphone drivers themselves, would that mean the cord is removable? If so that would be so awesome. I would love to provide my own non-proprietary mini jack cord.
ftfy
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-29 22:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like there's a jack on the headphone drivers themselves, would that mean the cord is removable? If so that would be so awesome. I would love to provide my own proprietary mini jack cord.

It is removable indeed, but it isn't a standard jack size.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no typical "breakfast special" here, people just eat what they feel like

Why would that be miserable? You're dumb lol

I think both of you may have your knickers in a twist over possibly just a misunderstanding.

We don't have a "typical" breakfast here either, but most people usually associate eggs+toast+bacon/sausage+hashbrowns with a good 'ol fashioned breakfast.

I've eaten more cereal than I should admit, and oatmeal, and even porridge a time or two. But my favorite is either pancakes or what we call french toast.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

is it 1/4th instead of the 1/8th? or somewhere inbetween?

Looks to be an adapter available:

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 22:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just different here

Pancakes aren't something you eat for breakfast either
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just different here

Pancakes aren't something you eat for breakfast either
blasphemy!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 22:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Nordic pancakes are similar to the French-style crêpes. In some Nordic countries, they are served with jam or fruit, especially lingonberries (or the butter from that fruit) as a dessert with a variety of savory fillings. Traditional Swedish variations can be exotic. Beside the usual thin pancakes, called pannkakor, which resembles the French crêpes and, often served with whipped cream and jam, are traditionally eaten for lunch on Thursdays with pea soup, the Swedish cuisine has plättar -- very small pancakes, which resemble tiny English pancakes, and are usually fried in a special pan called a "plättlagg", a sort of normal size frying pan with indentations to allow for several (normally seven) to be made at once. Others resemble German pancakes but include fried pork in the batter (fläskpannkaka); these are baked in the oven. Potato pancakes called raggmunk contain shredded raw potato, and may contain other vegetables (sometimes the pancake batter is omitted, producing rårakor). Raggmunk and rårakor are traditionally eaten with pork rinds and lingonberry jam. A special Swedish pancake is saffron pancake from Gotland, made with saffron and rice, baked in the oven. It is common to add lemon juice to the sugar for extra taste. The pancakes are often served after a soup. Another special "Swedish pancake" is the äggakaka (eggcake), also called skånsk äggakaka (Scanian eggcake), it is almost like an ordinary Swedish pancake but it is a lot thicker and also a lot more difficult to make due to the risk of burning it. It is made in a frying pan and is about 1½ to 2 inches thick and is served with lingonberries and bacon. The Norwegian variety is commonly eaten for dinner, traditionally with bacon, jam (typically bilberry) or sugar.

Never heard of anyone eating them with bacon in Sweden at least. We eat them with sugar, jam or maybe lemon+sugar/just lemon if it's for dinner. Some people prefer them cold with ice cream or cream+strawberries though, I don't. Raspberry jam or sugar for me.
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 22:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops. Yeah, non-proprietary of course.
Also thanks for the pic. Looks like it plugs into the cans via 1/4, so I'll need an adapter, which is no big deal. Makes me glad I can use my own cords! Definitely going for a thicker and coiled one.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

More like this:

You can keep the other ***.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops. Yeah, non-proprietary of course.
Also thanks for the pic. Looks like it plugs into the cans via 1/4, so I'll need an adapter, which is no big deal. Makes me glad I can use my own cords! Definitely going for a thicker and coiled one.
It looked a little small to be a 1/4th jack to me, but it may just be the angle/picture.
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 22:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

6.3mm is the input for the 598s, so that would be 1/4th. It comes with an adapter for you, which is nice.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 22:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Afking and find someone next to me, creepy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-29 22:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All our traditional Swedish food is bland and disgusting and a lot of it is fish so people tend to make/order food from other countries instead

Traditional food is for Midsummer, Easter and Christmas and even then a lot of people don't have all of it and will include some not-so-traditional food.

We used to have Chinese spare ribs
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

6.3mm is the input for the 598s, so that would be 1/4th. It comes with an adapter for you, which is nice.
cool, pretty standard then.
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 22:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
cool, pretty standard then.

Considering getting those for myself. While the cream and wood accent is fashionably awesome, I still prefer black. But I'm still painfully indecisive on what to get for my friend. Perhaps something cheaper so that 970 is feasible by Christmas time. Getting a 700 series would be a waste considering the gap in performance and price.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-29 22:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is it 1/4th instead of the 1/8th? or somewhere inbetween?

Looks to be an adapter available:

The connection termination is a standard 1/4 (and has a 1/8 adapter), but the headphone termination isn't a standard plug is what I meant.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it really is just a standard 1/8 plug, just has an awkward recess and lock.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I still play my audio through an old boombox that has a usb port, and use cheap headphones for my mp3 player, my car speakers are probably my best and they were cheap too.

For knowing what I do about audio, I'm a cheap *** who apparently doesn't care enough.

I guess I technically have a surround sound unit, but it's been in the box most of the time I've had it due to not having room to keep it hooked up.
By Artemicion 2014-09-29 22:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's either
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-29 22:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

still cant sleep ._.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-29 22:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I still play my audio through an old boombox that has a usb port, and use cheap headphones for my mp3 player, my car speakers are probably my best and they were cheap too.

For knowing what I do about audio, I'm a cheap *** who apparently doesn't care enough.

I guess I technically have a surround sound unit, but it's been in the box most of the time I've had it due to not having room to keep it hooked up.

Not everyone cares, but people who claim there isn't a difference between cheap and expensive headphones need to be slapped.

I know not everyone wants to pay $500+ for a decent pair of cans, but honestly to say that the earbuds that came with your ipod or your bose headphones sound just as good as something like HD650's or LCD 2's makes me want to murder people if they are that deaf.

Some audiophiles take it to the extreme, but those who blatently say it is a waste of money annoy the *** out of me. I like music, I spend 95% of my computer time with headphones on, I'm a grown *** man and I will spend money on things I enjoy. Not my fault our interests don't align, come back and talk to me after you have wasted $200 at the bar trying to pick up women or $500 for an exhaust system on your car that does absolutely nothing but make it obnoxiously loud.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For people who can't hear those frequencies anymore, to them there probably isn't a difference.

I definitely wouldn't spent $500 on headphones though. Maybe $120 max.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-29 22:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The M40's are quite nice as well. But I do want to note all 5xx series+ headphones are open style, so you can hear the outside world and there is sound bleed through the open grill design. They are not headphone you could wear to block out the world at work or commuting, and people will assume you have it obnoxiously loud from the sound bleed out.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 23:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, downloaded iOS 8.0.2 for my iPhone 4s tonight. Big mistake. Doesn't run smooth anymore. Anyone know if you can disable that recent call thing when you switch apps? Haven't found the setting for it.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-29 23:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to saddle up the horse, again. I liked her, but I need to stay focused.
First Page 2 3 ... 15519 15520 15521 ... 22580 22581 22582