Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15264 15265 15266 ... 22573 22574 22575

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 21:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Netflix has lost its luster. It has like 3 decent tv show series on it, and I've seen them all to death. Here's hoping Hulu can pick up the slack.
The Killing was pretty good even though some parts of it were a bit silly. Finished that one about a week ago. The Fall is also good but it ends kinda abruptly. Also Luther, Bob's Burgers, Orange is the New Black, Archer, Fringe (weak first season but gets weirdly cool), and that's all I can remember off the top of my head :o
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-21 21:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Netflix has lost its luster. It has like 3 decent tv show series on it, and I've seen them all to death. Here's hoping Hulu can pick up the slack.
The Killing was pretty good even though some parts of it were a bit silly. Finished that one about a week ago. The Fall is also good but it ends kinda abruptly. Also Luther, Bob's Burgers, Orange is the New Black, Archer, Fringe (weak first season but gets weirdly cool), and that's all I can remember off the top of my head :o
I should have prefaced that with the fact that when it comes to entertainment, I'm incredibly closed minded.

Not really digging drama shows. They feel so hackneyed and contrived. Hey, let's take 5 minutes of actual plot and stuff it with tissue boobs known as "atmosphere" and unnecessarily long dramatic pauses. A plot shouldn't have more than one or two climaxes at most.

Bob's Burgers isn't funny to me, so my subjective opinion pretty much won't allow me to enjoy it, which sucks because I love me some H. Jon Benjamin.

Archer is pretty awesome, but that's on the list of things I've watched to death.

For me, it's Scrubs, 30 Rock, Futurama, Archer, Frasier and American Dad. After that, I just watch documentaries.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have yet to catch Archer. I usually watch Drunk History Tuesdays, Duck Dynasty Wednesdays, and Futurama, Tosh.0, Bizarre Foods, and The Layover whenever I catch any of those.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-21 21:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You HAVE to watch Archer.
It's on netflix. .... Fly you fool!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-21 21:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
For me, it's Scrubs, 30 Rock, Futurama, Archer, Frasier and American Dad. After that, I just watch documentaries.
Do you like
-House
-Heroes
-Big bang theory

type stuff at all mag?

- Nope
- Newp (see: drama tv show rant)
- Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Josiahkf said: »
[...]shouldn't have more than one or two climaxes at most.
tee hee

Y'know, I went over plot diagrams with my students today. Not a single one of them made that joke. I was actually shocked.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I don't HAVE Netflix.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-21 21:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Saw this commercial and instantly went .... Must watch this.

Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I don't HAVE Netflix.

; ;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-21 21:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Torrents.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing about Big Bang Theory is that I see a lot of my own personal issues in the characters and they annoy the ***out of me.

I liked House, but kinda lost interest after the cast change. Kinda like Reno 911, after the cast change I kinda lost interest.
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2014-08-21 21:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 3? <.<
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also I actually think Kate Micucci is kinda cute.
 Asura.Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2014-08-21 21:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I hadn't refresh the thread in a bit. Mag is entirely too picky to enjoy some of the best of entertainment. :O
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-21 21:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just sick of the sitcom trope with the three camera setup, the blinding lighting, the annoying studio audience and the lame, recycled jokes. BBT takes the same old predictable trope and peppers it with nerd references. I've made this argument before, but it's basically Family Matters with 3 more Urkels.

House the character is deep, cynical and hilarious. As far as his character is concerned, he's awesome. Unfortunately, the show has that one great element surrounded by douchebag doctors fresh from Gray's Anatomy (who all seem to pretty much have the same personality), and the story is just so boringly formulaic. It's the same show from episode to episode.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 21:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching too many crime shows lately. They're making me paranoid about being murdered.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 21:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching too many crime shows lately. They're making me paranoid about being murdered.

I'm on season 6 of criminal minds, I am not a paranoid person and I'm freaked out about it, I'd hate to see what would happen if I had anxiety issues.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 21:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing about Big Bang Theory is that I see a lot of my own personal issues in the characters and they annoy the ***out of me.

I liked House, but kinda lost interest after the cast change. Kinda like Reno 911, after the cast change I kinda lost interest.
Which one?

and Big Bang is awesome.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-21 21:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
Oh, I hadn't refresh the thread in a bit. Mag is entirely too picky to enjoy some of the best of entertainment. :O
Whoever is stuck being with me is going to haaaaaaate watching anything with me. That's why my exes in the past would make me leave the room when they were watching their shows because I would just ruin them.

Then there was that time where one of them made me watch the entirety of Sex in the City 2. I learned to shut up, after that.

Buuuuut, then again we broke up shortly after that, so I'm calling it a win.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 21:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair: that show and the premise is stupid. *** cougars.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Which one?

and Big Bang is awesome.
When they brought in Thirteen. I don't have a problem with Olivia Wilde, but cast changes kill most shows for me.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 21:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one?

and Big Bang is awesome.
When they brought in Thirteen. I don't have a problem with Olivia Wilde, but cast changes kill most shows for me.
It was more of an addition than change, and 13 is so much better than Cameron.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-21 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

cast changes kill most shows for me
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 21:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

:(((((((
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one?

and Big Bang is awesome.
It was more of an addition than change, and 13 is so much better than Cameron.
Maybe. I didn't watch much beyond the change, maybe that was where I went wrong.

Speaking of, I like revisiting my childhood and teen years, maybe I'll marathon Digimon seasons 1-3 soon. Season 4 lost my interest.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 21:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of, I like revisiting my childhood and teen years, maybe I'll marathon Digimon seasons 1-3 soon. Season 4 lost my interest.
I did this a few months ago, and I found myself still totally into it. Season 3, definitely the best :O
 Asura.Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2014-08-21 21:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
Whoever is stuck being with me is going to haaaaaaate watching anything with me. That's why my exes in the past would make me leave the room when they were watching their shows because I would just ruin them.

Then there was that time where one of them made me watch the entirety of Sex in the City 2. I learned to shut up, after that.

Buuuuut, then again we broke up shortly after that, so I'm calling it a win.
I wouldn't let anyone ruin it for me. If someone wants to be miserable and not enjoy things for what they are, that's on them.

Not going to quote the other part I want to mention, but! I don't like BBT either. However, House!? It just seems like you didn't watch much. None of the characters are the same. <.> It's one of the things that makes the show good, character development! To each their own. The list of shows you gave have so much of the same that you said you do not enjoy. More specifically the recycled jokes. xD

I like a lot of TV though. :< I really liked The Killing, especially the first season. Haven is a good one too! I thought I was going to hate it, but I ended up enjoying it. Needs more, MORE!
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 21:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know there was anything past Season 3...

I have some of that downloaded, it's on my list.

but right now I'm balls deep in doing dynamis 3x a day, and have a *** of school work to do over the next 16 weeks, so...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this a few months ago, and I found myself still totally into it. Season 3, definitely the best :O
I liked season 3 mainly for Renamon and her evolution line as well as the setting being in the real world where Digimon is just a card game and an anime. Oh! But Jeri goes crazy tho.

My faves were Season 1 & 2. I still have my black D3 even though it probably doesn't work anymore.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-08-21 21:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know there was anything past Season 3...

I have some of that downloaded, it's on my list.

but right now I'm balls deep in doing dynamis 3x a day, and have a *** of school work to do over the next 16 weeks, so...
Season 4 was just different. I don't want to spoil it. I never saw Season 5 air in the US.
First Page 2 3 ... 15264 15265 15266 ... 22573 22574 22575