Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15079 15080 15081 ... 22573 22574 22575
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 22:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, but I can't help but worry. I worry about everything all the time. I get that from my mom.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-21 22:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

your mom!
By Jetackuu 2014-07-21 22:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh, I need to do something to cut my cpu usage back, I'm sitting at 25%~ and I'm only running a few things...

I'm using less than 1/4th of my ram though, and I have 2 vm's open.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-07-21 22:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Well, I have to start sitting through meetings beginning this Thursday, but classes begin August 4th. The anticipation is absolutely killing me.

Also, on an unrelated topic, I've gone from being a binge eater to being borderline anorexic. I don't mean that jokingly - lately I've been eating less than 1200 calories a day which is the bare minimum.

I'm not doing it on purpose. For one, I burn a lot of calories when I exercise (today I ran for a mile and a half then lifted weights for an hour) and it's hard to make that back up. For two, the foods I've transitioned to eating are more healthy and naturally have less calories (I'm eating a lot of spinach, nowadays) and fill me up quicker.
Nothing wrong with eating some shitty food here and there, especially if it's to fill your caloric intake. The foods that are relegated as bad are really only bad in large quantities, for extended periods. You need to expand your stomach, especially if you're exercising. Your body will literally start to eat itself otherwise, and all that effort you're putting into exercise will actually be doing more damage than good.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-21 22:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

^ what he said
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 22:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's the issue, though. Some of those foods I know I can't control myself around. For instance, I could eat the ***out of a pizza, and it doesn't have to be necessarily good quality stuff, either. I could inhale an entire Little Caesar's pizza with a full order of crazy bread in one sitting. It's just easier not to buy said pizza and be better off.

I dunno. Losing weight is so damn complicated sometimes. If only it was as simple as "eat less + exercise more = less weight". So many damn variables.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-21 23:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You're damn right it doesn't have to be good quality if you can eat that nasty ***.

Dude, I can be hungry (and I love pizza) and I can only eat choke down a slice or so of that nasty ***.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-07-21 23:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, eat the ***out of a Little Caesar's pizza. Crazy bread, and grab a milkshake too! *** yeah. Your body needs the fuel to exercise.

If your body doesn't have the base components to heal/rebuild your muscles after you use them (see: breaking them down), the muscles will be rebuilt without benefit, or worse than before.

Eating smaller portions and exercise is a great way to lose weight, but within a threshold. Can't go overboard, y'know? Losing weight at too fast a pace is very unhealthy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 23:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'know, I was reading Fast Food Nation earlier today and they mentioned an anomaly that struck me with a realization. In the book the author started talking about how scents and flavors worked in tandem to remind people of various things. They also mentioned that your choice in food is heavily influenced by what people around you were eating when you were very young. Keeping this in mind, my mother would take us to Little Caesar's when we were little as a treat on occasion. Back then I loved their Bigfoot pizza.

So I guess it's a thing associated with flavor for me. It reminds me of my childhood, so it's like a comfort food.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-07-21 23:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I lost 20 lbs. with a little jogging and changing my diet. I swore off soda and fast food.

I've stopped the majority of dieting and have increased my exercise significantly, but I still don't drink soda and I don't eat fast food. I haven't lost any weight (I'm at a good weight though), but my body is getting stronger and I can feel it.

And ya Mag. Food is culture. There's a reason that weight problems run in families. It's a cultural element, not always a genetic element.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-07-21 23:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you some of my super human metabolism Mag.

NP
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 23:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Dude, eat the ***out of a Little Caesar's pizza. Crazy bread, and grab a milkshake too! *** yeah. Your body needs the fuel to exercise.

If your body doesn't have the base components to heal/rebuild your muscles after you use them (see: breaking them down), the muscles will be rebuilt without benefit, or worse than before.

Eating smaller portions and exercise is a great way to lose weight, but within a threshold. Can't go overboard, y'know? Losing weight at too fast a pace is very unhealthy.
I might quote you on that. Eat the ***out of a Little Caesar's pizza. Fuuuuck yeah.

In about a month and a half, my insurance will kick in. When I can finally afford it, I'm going to go see a dietician and see what they can do for me.

Also, yeah. I guess I have been losing it too fast. I've lost 80 pounds in 7 months. Time to bring it down a notch, I suppose.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-07-21 23:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This could make you sick though lol. Don't *** chow-down after such a drastic life-style change. Add a desert onto your meal, or splurge a little on your entree. My point is, you can at times, and you should definitely fill your caloric requirement with exercise in mind. As long as you're burning the calories you eat, you won't gain weight. The stronger you get, the easier calories will be to burn.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 23:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I lost 20 lbs.
Good ***, man! Keep it up!

Odin.Minefield said: »
I'll give you some of my super human metabolism Mag.

NP
GIMME!!
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2014-07-21 23:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Very much this. I did that whole 1k calories a day thing (My daily breakeven is 2400) while maintaining my workouts. A month into it I had over taxed my body so much I started breaking down due to lack of nutrition. What should have been 2 days recovery turned into 10 days. Legs constantly feeling like I'd been running for days, ect. Food is the building blocks of the body. If you don't eat enough you'll get to the point where your body just goes blarg. Make your daily cut 500-700, not 1k+ You'll still reach your goal, only safely.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 23:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told you shouldn't do under 1200 a day, but yeah. With exercise, I would routinely fall into the 800 or so range. Today I'm at 1200 after exercise, but I'm starting to wonder if I need more. So full, though...

I've got my Myfitnesspal goal set at 1880 calories a day, and that's hard as ***to make. I'm often looking at other things like sodium, sugar, carbs and protein. I try to keep the sugar carbs and sodium low and the protein high.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2014-07-21 23:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about your sodium level. When you sweat you lose salt. Salt is a catalyst for energy transferal in the body. As long as you aren't eating pounds of bacon a day your sodium intake will be fine eating normally.

Carbs are a tricky mistress. I can do 150gs of carbs a day without much trouble. Maybe for you it's a bit harsher, but as long as you stay active it's not going to bog you down. Personally I wouldn't overly worry about carbs in vegetables. Even though carbs are projected as "Evil" They are manditory in the body. As long as you aren't getting your carbs from snack cakes, and you get them from vegetables you'll be fine.

Sugars.. stay away from bonbons and twinkies. Any sugar in fruits is fine.

Since you're lifting weights keep in mind muscle weighs more then fat. You're getting to the stage where your muscle growth will start effecting the scale. don't let it get to you. The more muscle you build the more calories per day you'll burn. You'll be dropping body fat % and building smexy muscle in its place and your weight will probably plateau.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-21 23:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always had issue with sugary foods. That's another one of those things I couldn't get enough of. Yeah, I need to start eating more fruit again. I keep forgetting there are better sugars than others, but I've got a fridge full of grapes and cherries (not maraschino) and I'm gonna nom them all.

I did have some fat free no sugar added ice cream earlier, but as you're saying, you gotta splurge sometimes.

Also, that damned plateau is one of the things I'm concerned with, which is why I raised my cardio to 15 minutes running at 6.5 mph before working on my bis and tris. I've been stuck at 255 for 8 days, now. It's maddening.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-21 23:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to lose a lot of weight, overall (including gaining some back as I want to build some muscle mass) I need to drop about 60-80 lbs, but I'd be happy with 40-60 for now.

If I could get the room beside mine cleared off to start using my weight bench, it may help a bit.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2014-07-21 23:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rule #1 of weightloss. Never weigh yourself every day.

Rule #2 of weightloss. Never weigh yourself every week.

Rule #3 of weightloss. The scale does not tell you what body fat % you lost and how much muscle you have gained. All you see is the same number. You might have lost 1 pound of fat and gained the same in muscle mass. Muscle is dense. It weighs a lot.

Water is also extremely heavy. Your water weight will fluctuate drastically through out the day. Even if you weigh yourself in the morning after taking a piss. Muscles store water. The more muscle your build the more water your body will require.

Your food intake also has an effect on how your body burns fat and energy. Your metabolism is like a furnace. The more (healthy) food you throw into (within reason. Don't go binge on 4k cals of chicken) it the brighter and hotter it burns. When you barely eat anything it's like smothering coals with a fresh cut log. Your body will go into famine mode and you will halt your metabolism which will hurt your progress more then if you were eating solidly.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-22 00:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about getting one of those thingies that measures body fat percentage so I can get a more accurate reading.

That being said, I have been a little obsessive over my weighing. It's just so exciting to see that I weigh one pound less than I did previously.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-07-22 00:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-07-22 00:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-07-22 00:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hey don't do that it will kill you then you will be dead :c
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-22 00:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lik dis if u cry evertim
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-07-22 00:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i sleep now
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 00:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I switched to the laptop and was going to do dyna, but I think it's too late to do that...
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
By Terrah Crystal 2014-07-22 01:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I need to lose a lot of weight, overall (including gaining some back as I want to build some muscle mass) I need to drop about 60-80 lbs, but I'd be happy with 40-60 for now.

If I could get the room beside mine cleared off to start using my weight bench, it may help a bit.

I'd love to get a bench for my room, but theres no way I have space for one presently...

...and yeah, the doctors visit on Friday was a real hoot... found out I'm nearly 500 lbs... and I personally thought I was more below 400... so yeah that was a heartbreaker
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-22 03:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

*reads all the indepht suggestions about healthy excericise*

I just jump and do aerobic stuff and keep my shape! Well, and I also eat like a bird so there's that, but I'm small only so much food I can store!

And I'd probably die if I weighted more cause my heart is weak as it is.
First Page 2 3 ... 15079 15080 15081 ... 22573 22574 22575