Winter Is Coming: "A Game Of Thrones" HBO Series

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-02 22:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ElysiumTK said: »
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Oh, and another thing - the Creme of Oberon scene was almost too gruesome even for me, lol. I'm always having to describe what's going on during battle scenes to my wife, since she's forever hiding behind her hands - but this was making even me cringe.

I do have to say though, Oberon repeatedly demanding a confession was very Princess-Bridish, except that Inigo Montoya wasn't puréed by Andre the Giant.

I cried not for his death (cause he should have kill the beast when he had the chance)... I cried because of my little midget what now :/

I know! How he's going to get out of this one, if he even does, I do not know...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-02 22:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Oh, and another thing - the Creme of Oberon scene was almost too gruesome even for me, lol. I'm always having to describe what's going on during battle scenes to my wife, since she's forever hiding behind her hands - but this was making even me cringe.

I do have to say though, Oberon repeatedly demanding a confession was very Princess-Bridish, except that Inigo Montoya wasn't puréed by Andre the Giant.

I cried not for his death (cause he should have kill the beast when he had the chance)... I cried because of my little midget what now :/

If it was any other series, I'd say Tyrion will escape, but it might be the end.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-02 23:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There's two ways I imagine Tyrion getting away:

Tommen is king, Marjorie knows Tyrion is innocent from Olenna's near-confession. I don't remember if Tommen recused himself just from the proceedings of the trial or the verdict itself as well, but that's a possible way out. The more unlikely of the two I'm thinking of because it's a bit cliche'.

Jaime Lannister could smuggle him out, he has pretty much no reason left to live and I could see Jaime helping Tyrion flee to Dorne or some such place as a last act of defiance. Jaime would then be executed for high treason. (It feels like his arc is about to close to me)

Or he could just die, proving that not even George RR Martin's favorite characters are immune from his own machinations.
By ElysiumTK 2014-06-02 23:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Tommen is king, Marjorie knows Tyrion is innocent from Olenna's near-confession. I don't remember if Tommen recused himself just from the proceedings of the trial or the verdict itself as well, but that's a possible way out. The more unlikely of the two I'm thinking of because it's a bit cliche'.

Jaime Lannister could smuggle him out, he has pretty much no reason left to live and I could see Jaime helping Tyrion flee to Dorne or some such place as a last act of defiance. Jaime would then be executed for high treason. (It feels like his arc is about to close to me)

Or he could just die, proving that not even George RR Martin's favorite characters are immune from his own machinations.

You're not making it any easier for me :/ Damn it, where are the blue eyes freaks when you need them... Attack already so my midget can live.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-02 23:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not making it any easier for me :/ Damn it, where are the blue eyes freaks when you need them... Attack already so my midget can live.

They're on there way, I promise.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-03 00:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he's still gotta do that thing that will probably be the last scene in the season finale.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-06-03 06:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For people wondering what's going to happen to Tyrion...semi spoilers if you don't pay attention to every little thing in the tv show (or catch on, though sometimes it's not overly obvious). Well, I duno how much of a spoiler it is, but it certainly hints at stuff!

Picture from last episode

Some of the reactions sometimes almost make me wish I haven't read the books. It's still surprising in the books, but I think watching it on screen makes for more of a "holy ***" shock.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-06-03 08:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
For people wondering what's going to happen to Tyrion...semi spoilers if you don't pay attention to every little thing in the tv show (or catch on, though sometimes it's not overly obvious). Well, I duno how much of a spoiler it is, but it certainly hints at stuff!

Picture from last episode

Some of the reactions sometimes almost make me wish I haven't read the books. It's still surprising in the books, but I think watching it on screen makes for more of a "holy ***" shock.

I never read the books during the show, I always wait till the series or motion picture is over. The books always make their visual counterpart worse. I learant my lesson on LoTR reading it after fellowship but before towers.

Yeah I was so amped, I went and spoiled it for myself. I can't wait for the end of the season.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-06-03 08:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You know nothing, Zicdeh!

As reader of the books though, I won't be spoiling anything.
I'll just say that it's going to be interesting, that will keep you on the edge of your seat enough.
And I just love the reactions from the people that only watch the TV series too much to spoil anything.

That said, the books have not ruined the tv series for me.
Despite the differences and things "left out" they're doing a damn good job keeping the TV series interesting enough to follow and the actors are doing an amazing job portraying the characters as well.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-03 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »

You know nothing, Zicdeh!

As reader of the books though, I won't be spoiling anything.
I'll just say that it's going to be interesting, that will keep you on the edge of your seat enough.
And I just love the reactions from the people that only watch the TV series too much to spoil anything.

Despite the differences and things "left out" they're doing a damn good job keeping the TV series interesting enough to follow and the actors are doing an amazing job as well.

I never feel like Books can Ruin TV, because I see TV as the "Lesser", TV can ruin books because it predisposes your imagination to certain images.

It's all about what can effectively create the greater sum.
 Quetzalcoatl.Stik
Guildwork Premium
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: hectordc5
By Quetzalcoatl.Stik 2014-06-03 15:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-06-03 18:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Despite the differences and things "left out" they're doing a damn good job keeping the TV series interesting enough to follow and the actors are doing an amazing job portraying the characters as well.

I gave up on the books because the pacing goes completely to ***after the second, and nothing happens for literally hundreds of pages from then on.

It's great that it's structurally impossible for the TV show to be like that.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-06-03 18:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-06-04 03:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I gave up on the books because the pacing goes completely to ***after the second, and nothing happens for literally hundreds of pages from then on.

I know exactly what you mean, I haven't found the will to read any further than what I have read of book 5 at the moment (about a third) as there's litterally nothing going on.

But I think I will have to read it when summer comes because of the chronological settings of books 4 and the first ~half of book 5.
By Fumiku 2014-06-04 03:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Have you watched the walking dead?.........
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-06-04 05:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-06-04 10:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-04 12:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you even watch season 3 when nothing happened for 5 episodes?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-04 12:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-06-06 05:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HERYOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HERYOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HERYOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HERYOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HERYOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HERYOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER YOU KILLED HER YOU R-A-P-E-D HER
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-08 22:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well...this weeks episode delivered.
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-06-08 22:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You saved everyone, Jon Snow.
By ElysiumTK 2014-06-08 23:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
You saved everyone, Jon Snow.

Holy Crap did anyone see that arrow from the giant? I shits myself, also that was only 2-3 giants mofo has 1000+ Giants.... Did anyone (don't lie) think to themselves *** that ***i'd grab a horse see you guys in Kings landing
[+]
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-06-09 02:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the giants where ok. but the swinging anchor. climb my wall now ***.
[+]
 Ramuh.Anesti
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Anesti 2014-06-09 03:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jon Snow is supposed to command already, LETS GO
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-09 07:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't all that impressed with this episode actually.

Okay, that's a lie, the 360's shot in the courtyard of Castle Black was really impressive, and seeing Ser Alliser as a leader instead of a balding *** was refreshing.

And please, Dark Souls fans. Tell me that when the Giant shot that arrow, I wasn't the only one thinking:

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-09 08:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

"You never FOCKED a bear"

Dat accent.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-06-09 08:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Jon, Ygritte kinda did love you.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-09 10:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

At least Jon Snow won't be reminded how little he knows anymore.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21