Whats A Good Anime To Watch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Whats a good anime to watch?
Whats a good anime to watch?
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 44 45 46
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-04-10 23:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lalaina said: »
Hola! So I'll probably get kicked out of this thread, but it's been a while since I've watched anime. Truthfully I've never been all that interested in most of it, I've tried. I did read manga of the shows I watched and vice-versa. But I thought I'd try picking it up again, maybe there is something new out there! I have and always will LOVE Bleach, no matter what.

I've watched D.Gray-man, Naruto, Code Geass, Death Note, Gurenn Lagann, FMA, Evangelion 2.0, Lucky Star and One Piece, and a few others I can't remember. Either way, not my cup of tea....maybe I don't have any taste, Idk. I really did like Souleater, K-ON!, Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop and watch them from time to time. I heard Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online and High School of the Dead or w/e are supposed to be good. Can someone just point me in the right direction? Por favor. Thanks <3
All of the titles you listed were shounen. Do you still find shounen stuff interesting? Maybe you're just sick of shounen manga/anime. There are other genre that you might wanna explore.

If you want yet another never-ending shounen story, probably go for Fairy Tail...although Hunter x Hunter has much more interesting story and characters. Attack on Titan is the craze nowadays, so certainly give it a try.
By volkom 2014-04-10 23:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleach!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-11 00:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YOWAMUSHI PEDAL

Linking the awesome OP

http://vimeo.com/83955160
 Asura.Lalaina
Server: Asura
user: Lalaina
By Asura.Lalaina 2014-04-12 19:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Bleach!

Yes! I love Bleach to death, I swear something about the way it's drawn too, the characters, though some of the fillers aren't the best in the world, but I'm still behind it 110%!

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
All of the titles you listed were shounen. Do you still find shounen stuff interesting? Maybe you're just sick of shounen manga/anime. There are other genre that you might wanna explore.

If you want yet another never-ending shounen story, probably go for Fairy Tail...although Hunter x Hunter has much more interesting story and characters. Attack on Titan is the craze nowadays, so certainly give it a try.

Awsm! Yeah, so far the shounen I've seen I didn't like...I was trying to find something like Bleach but it wasn't working out lol. Gonna try those three you talked about though and the one Tiger posted! Gracias <3
By volkom 2014-04-12 21:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleach!

Yes! I love Bleach to death, I swear something about the way it's drawn too, the characters, though some of the fillers aren't the best in the world, but I'm still behind it 110%!

moar %'s!!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-04-13 21:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Awsm! Yeah, so far the shounen I've seen I didn't like...I was trying to find something like Bleach but it wasn't working out lol. Gonna try those three you talked about though and the one Tiger posted! Gracias <3
I forgot to add Gintama. Pure comedy, all the characters are silly, and it parodies lots of works, mostly other shounen stuff, and JP pop culture, but it's not uncommon for references to US culture to appear. It frequently breaks the fourth wall as well. It can get dirty though (all for the sake of making you giggle), so if you're ok with that, give it a try.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-13 21:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiki.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 23:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleach!

edit: but seriously, if you don't know to watch Bleach, Naruto, One Piece by now...

I guess Fairy Tail too but I haven't gotten on that train yet, I imagine I will soon.

High School of the Dead.
School Days
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-14 13:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything good this season? Looking at picking up Akuma no Riddle, Atelier Escha & Logy ~Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi~ (haven't played the games, but I like the art style), Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Mekaku City Actors, Isshuukan Friends, No Game No Life.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-14 13:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Spring sucks, I'm only watching Love Live season 2.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-14 13:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of my list, Ishuukan Friends sounds the most interesting, but yeah, "this season sucks" is what I thought to myself a week ago. Compared to last season anyway.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-04-14 14:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a few gems in this season, I'm still discovering them as i go.
I'll list a few i watched and thought are worth keeping up with this season-

Haikyuu!! - (volleyball anime, love the animation as well)

Baby Steps - (tennis anime, but seems to have a rom-com story tied to it)

No Game No life - really crazy artstyle, definitely worth checking out, may not be for all but it's getting a lot of hype.

Mekakucity Actors - Same as above, though i personally liked this one better

Ryuugajou Nanana No Maizoukin - Romcom with a supernatural twist, I really enjoyed this anime, def on my must watch list.

JoJo No Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders (3) - It's JoJo season 3, not much else to say here, watch the JoJo series, you don't know what you are missing lol.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - Romcom but really enjoyable and hilarious at times, i really connected with this show (for some reason) and it's one of my personal favorites this season :3

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei - so far so good, another sci-fi action anime, but with a slight romcom twist (takes place in a highschool)

Black Bullet - Great Action/Sci-fi plot, with a zombie twist. Just a bunch of good stuff all around, had me craving more after it was done. watch.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii- Fairy tale story that gives me this Ghibli vibe for some reason, love this anime.

There's like 3-5 more shows on my list i need to check out, I'll update this post later when i get to them if they are indeed worth watching :P

[ongoing]Stuff you better still be watching from last season-

Nisekoi - god this ***is so good, it's a romcom but with a bakamono art direction/style, pretty fantastic.

Yowamushi Pedal - It's about cycling, but so many feels and friendship in this anime,superb character development. I suggest not passing this up.

Diamond No Ace It's baseball, but with great character development and feels, worth watching, this anime is better than about half the new anime of spring season, and it's about baseball. kinda sad LOL.

But yeah I'll update this later, i guess D:
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-04-14 14:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bleach!

edit: but seriously, if you don't know to watch Bleach, Naruto, One Piece by now...

I guess Fairy Tail too but I haven't gotten on that train yet, I imagine I will soon.

High School of the Dead.
School Days

I will never watch Naruto or Onepiece. There's way too much better anime out than putting myself through 400 episodes of shame.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-14 15:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
This one's cute as ***. Definitely keeping up with it.
 Leviathan.Unstoppablewing
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Unstoppablewing 2014-04-14 17:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai Champloo
Fairy Tail
Heaven's Blade
Blood+
Afro Samurai
Scryed
Samurai 7
High school of the Dead
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Soul Eater
Darker than Black
Elfen Lied
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-14 18:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Bleach!

High School of the Dead.
School Days

I will never watch Naruto or Onepiece. There's way too much better anime out than putting myself through 400 episodes of shame.
Anime of these long series are horrible due to massive fillers(sure there are some great animations of the battles but I don't think it's worth the time). However you should absolutely read One Piece, it's a masterpiece.

As for Naruto it's really only for those who started it back when they were 13.

I'd rank the four major shounen as OP >>> FT >>> Bleach&Naruto(I'd put Bleach above Naruto, but that's just personal preference, both Kubo and Kishimoto are terrible writers).
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 18:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

People are such haters...

It's simple: don't watch filler, it's poorly written and just hard to watch and ruins the overall experience.

I didn't start watching Naruto until after Shippuden came out, so kiss my butt. (pretty sure I'm at least older than Seha).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-14 18:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't skip them if you cap on the episodes. That only works for finished series.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 18:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, what? I skip them all the time.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-14 18:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's so hard to understand...

You wanna start One Piece.
If you read the manga even once you reach the current last chapter every week you'll get a new one worth of story.
If you watch the anime once you reach the current last episode every week you'll have a chance at garbage.

Same for Naruto and FT(and Bleach, DB, etc before)
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 18:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What's so hard to understand...

You wanna start One Piece.
If you read the manga even once you reach the current last chapter every week you'll get a new one worth of story.
If you watch the anime once you reach the current last episode every week you'll have a chance at garbage.

Same for Naruto and FT(and Bleach, DB, etc before)
It's called to just not watch it, nothing is forcing you to watch filler.

I guess it's different for me since I don't keep up weekly with the shows, and definitely don't watch the filler. I only watch the shows in batch every few months, like right now actually. Eyes almost bled when I caught part of the Chikara Power episodes of Naruto.
By volkom 2014-04-14 18:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to be a soul reaper when/if I die
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 18:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure that we already knew that Volk, we already knew that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-04-14 19:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Death isn't required, just preferred.

[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-04-14 20:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i would honestly rather watch all 1000 episodes of detective conan, than naruto or onepiece. lol

When i was in middleschool (ages ago) i read a lot of the manga for naruto (used to buy every months shonen jump) it was good, but when i tried to watch the anime i just wasn't as into it i guess.

similar thing for onepiece, i did get into fairy tail and watched most of it until the last 20~40 episodes, i completely lost interest after they changed the storyline so drastically after a certain ark.

but yeah i really love to watch short and sweet series, they have you on the edge of your seat every single episode most of the time. (if it's a good show at least)
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 20:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I really watch the show just for the fight scenes, or to make better sense of certain things that don't show well, or to hear a lot of the audio, some of the stuff loses it's meaning in translation that you can hear better than read, imo.

There probably wouldn't be near the joke of "Kurosaki-kun" if it weren't for the Anime of Bleach.

If that's what was adapted into "Case closed" I enjoyed that and could probably go for 1000 episodes of that.
 Odin.Zyklon
user: Noise
By Odin.Zyklon 2014-04-14 21:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Basilisk. Made of pure win
By volkom 2014-04-14 21:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to remember what I'm currently watching/watched over the years that I enjoyed a lot...

Bleach
Naruto
Soul Eater
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Attack on Titan
Kill la Kill
Nisekoi
The Irregular at Magic High School
Nobunaga the Fool
Kuroko's Basketball
Sword Art Online
Strike the Blood
Dragon Ball Z
Say "I love you"
Gurren Lagann
My Little Monster
Oreimo
Rurouni Kenshin
Diabolik Lovers
RWBY
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Hajime No Ippo
Watamote
Broken Blade
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Basilisk
Henneko
Samurai Flamenco
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Spice and Wolf
Hellsing Ultimate
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed/Desinty
Ghost in the Shell
Samurai Champloo
Witchblade
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
nisekoi
Death Note
Redline
Mirai Nikki
Detective Conan
Kokoro Connect
D. Gray-man
Black Lagoon
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
School Rumble
Wolf's Rain
Elfen Lied
Gungrave
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-14 22:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People are such haters...
eh; it's not really that; It's just that if I'm going to watch 400+ episodes of a show, it's going to have to be really damn good vs being able to watch 15 entire series (13-26 ep series) that are each individually better.

Yes, it's easy to skip fillers; but it's also easy to watch a more entertaining show as well
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-14 22:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw spring, watch Oreimo again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 44 45 46