Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » League of Legends
League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 560 561 562 ... 577 578 579
By volkom 2014-08-04 08:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Started up doing ranked team 5s against last night. Been rotating the roster around a little bit to accommodate some of our different play times.
The team is trying out this new guy as our mid. So far its going "okay" but he's one of those orianna players that doesn't ult during team fights, so it makes things super frustrating.

also~ feel like morg may be getting some nerfs in the near future.
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2014-08-04 13:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Morgana is horribly OP at the minute, easily the most annoying support to go against and she's good mid too. Always my first ban in ranked ._.
Also in ranked 5v5s you should tell your mid laner his mistakes. Unless he doesn't fancy improving, then just ignore it :P
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-04 13:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its more of a problem of he' isn't on the same page as the rest of the team. Everyone else is diamond ranked and takes immediate advantage when someone steps just a bit too close to us. So when he's ranked in the mid gold range and going against people who are ranked in high plat~diamond, we can't press our advantage and take more control of the map if he can't follow up.

and morg is kind of a trashy mid compared to what's available. anywho though, once college starts back up and the majority of the team heads back to class, we'll start doing ranked games more often. Hopefully break into diamond as a 5s team for once
 Fenrir.Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2014-08-05 05:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he's gonna have to change the habit from the sounds of it, and I think only you and your team mates can help him with that by telling him this straight up...
Because well... just being honest about it, who wouldn't ult in team fights? o-O And with regards to taking advantage if someone overextends, that's something that (unfortunately) only comes with experience and example. Hope you guys can hit the Diamonds though! That would be cool :D
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-05 06:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'd be fun to do ranked 5s, but I feel like pressing Platinum/Diamond would be high-stakes, and by extension, less fun. The whole looming idea of "it's not working out" would be annoying.
 Fenrir.Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2014-08-05 07:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of ranked 5's as well, but only with people who are content with not aiming too high. Like with friends or something, have a bit of a laugh lol
By volkom 2014-08-05 11:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranked 5s for the most part is pretty easy. Getting gold is also easy.
The only "hard" part about it is that the level of skill can vary widely in terms of opponents you will face.

You could have a team of all silvers but they can play together well enough that they're on the skill of upper golds.
Or you can have a bronze team with a diamond player.
Or 5 diamonds but be rated silver.

I think the most scariest thing though is those players who only play 1-2 champs. Like a guy who plays only riven and has 500+ games played on that champ alone but is low rank (silver/gold). Cuz then its like yeah the guy is ranked low but skill wise he's probably a high plat/diamond because he basically overmastered the champ. There's many people like that but hopefully if you can get them out of their comfort picks then they fall off pretty hard.

i just want to be able to play the majority of the champs at a high level
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-05 11:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Even going 5-5 can easily land you in Gold when it comes to ranked 5s, so it's indeed very easy and a good solution to reach Gold/Plat.

The problem with legit high Plat/Diamond people is that they will ***on you so bad during laning phase that you will never wake up during the later phases of the game unless they are dog ***at objective control during mid game.

I'd try for Gold this way if I had time to play more. As it is I can only play 3 games per day and I'm about to get demoted in ranked from inactivity.
By volkom 2014-08-05 11:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Even going 5-5 can easily land you in Gold when it comes to ranked 5s, so it's indeed very easy and a good solution to reach Gold/Plat.

The problem with legit high Plat/Diamond people is that they will ***on you so bad during laning phase that you will never wake up during the later phases of the game unless they are dog ***at objective control during mid game.

I'd try for Gold this way if I had time to play more. As it is I can only play 3 games per day and I'm about to get demoted in ranked from inactivity.

theres only 5 games for placements. You can also do way more in ranked 5s than soloQ. At least you have more freedom to. Such as lane swaps, invades/double invades, sneaking baron as soon as it spawns/ early dragons, super early 3-5man pushes for early towers. strategically banning champs to help your desired team comp etc etc. I love it. and after every game I feel like I learn more.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-05 11:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

theres only 5 games for placements. You can also do way more in ranked 5s than soloQ. At least you have more freedom to. Such as lane swaps, invades/double invades, sneaking baron as soon as it spawns/ early dragons, super early 3-5man pushes for early towers. strategically banning champs to help your desired team comp etc etc. I love it. and after every game I feel like I learn more.
Agreed, it's just the proper game experience imo.

Solo queue is fun, but the game is really based around building a 5v5. I wish I had the time to put into building a team of 5, maybe in September, we'll see.
By volkom 2014-08-05 12:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

another cool thing is how to invade and counter invade and preventing it. which basically leads me to being upset with teammates in soloQ who afk for the first 2min of the game
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-05 17:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'll have to try it sometime.

Also, I don't think Morg is OP. She just hard-counters the current meta.
 Asura.Nolar
Server: Asura
user: Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2014-08-05 19:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For all you newish FFXIAH players add me: Nolar
By volkom 2014-08-06 17:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Guess I'll have to try it sometime.

Also, I don't think Morg is OP. She just hard-counters the current meta.
If something hard hard counters the meta then its basically OP
Morg shits on Braum, thresh, Leona, taric, lulu, vi, j4, yasuo, etc. The list continues. What makes her strong is her 2 second bind at lv1. And her spellshield. Those two abilities shuts down many of the hard initiators or cc heavy users from raping the carries.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-08-06 18:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

what counters a Yasuo in mid?
(especially when Morgana is banned)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-06 19:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Fiora.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-07 20:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Morg black shield duration is way too long when you look at other spellshield abilities.

Recently gotten back to veigar, full utility just farming until needless, return to mid and instant kill any ap champ lol.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-08-07 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

kayle might do well if you go the atk speed build, annie fairs well also. maybe ryze too.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-08-07 20:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Recently gotten back to Veigar,

How dare you betray Rammus like that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-07 21:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Annie shits all over Yasuos. Incinerate goes through his wall. Just gotta make sure he doesn't dodge it with his mobility. Ryze does well too, yeah.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-07 21:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Annie shits all over Yasuos. Incinerate goes through his wall. Just gotta make sure he doesn't dodge it with his mobility. Ryze does well too, yeah.

yeah ryze wants you to get close to him lol. and he builds pretty armory
By Ultrarichard 2014-08-08 13:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Got utterly decimated by a Fiora the other day. Just couldn't fight back, couldn't run away. Was horrible man.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-08-09 00:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1486028921/49432960

I got a quadra kill at 20 mins lol. instant /ff
By volkom 2014-08-12 21:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

bleh got a 14 day suspension for "extreme harassment"

I don't remember the last time I typed in game really D:

oh well, time to message riot an apology...in other news someone got banned for using clarity
/shrug
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-12 22:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's weird Volk. Sorry.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-12 22:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said: »

Got utterly decimated by a Fiora the other day. Just couldn't fight back, couldn't run away. Was horrible man.
Fiora is literally Yasuo's counter. Much to Yearn had a feast on most people in D1 as soon as he came out.

bleh got a 14 day suspension for "extreme harassment"

I don't remember the last time I typed in game really D:

oh well, time to message riot an apology...in other news someone got banned for using clarity
/shrug
Why apologize? Whether you do or not won't change your status/future status.

They're probably even more "hardcore" than me when it comes to that.

Also the penalties go REALLY far back in time. You can very well be punished for something you did months ago just because someone reported you for the hell of it one time too much. Their system is really, really mean.

I've been a big pussy and haven't tried to get out of Silver II. I keep playing Draft to get the feeling but I never jump into ranked. I hope the end of the season is still far away, 2 divisions to climb might take some time.
By volkom 2014-08-15 09:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like I'm stuck with the suspension since apparently Riot has implemented this 'new' system that will instantly suspend or ban you for 'extreme toxicity' because previously from what they observed toxic players who continue to break the rules multiple times didn't heed the warnings/past punishments. So they decided to go with this extreme punishment form.

(That's what I understand so far) funny thing is that I never been suspended/banned and whamo~ 14 day suspension.

can view my suspension inquiry if you want /shrug

here
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-15 10:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was getting all toxic will some jg last night. I hate people who would rather belittle you than try to tell you what is was they perceived you doing wrong.

the community of that game is the worst.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-15 10:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree with you there. I know there's the occasional *** in XI that messes with people on a server, but people work around them and it doesn't seem like a huge issue. In some of the fps games I play, yeah there's the 11 year old whiny kids or the guys who don't shutup or are just rude but honestly its never on levels like league is (AND THERE ISN'T EVEN VOICE CHAT!)

From what I heard/read even the Rioters are kinda douchey.
Guess this is what you get from a f2p game though =/
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-15 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree with you there. I know there's the occasional *** in XI that messes with people on a server, but people work around them and it doesn't seem like a huge issue. In some of the fps games I play, yeah there's the 11 year old whiny kids or the guys who don't shutup or are just rude but honestly its never on levels like league is (AND THERE ISN'T EVEN VOICE CHAT!)

From what I heard/read even the Rioters are kinda douchey.
Guess this is what you get from a f2p game though =/

very true.

I think a good way around it is to just build 5 man teams. really cuts down on the bickering. the plan fails on nights like last night though, when there's only 1 person on flist.

It just seems silly to me. in ff11 or 14 it's almost the norm to tell someone why he's bad or being dumb. we'd always say, "ummm cloudxsephirothx, you're the tank, you have to use provoke or we all die" or w/e the beef with the dummy was, in LoL all I get is "WTF UZEAL YOU *** YOU KILLED THE SMALL ONES WTF WTF WTF" meanwhile I don't know the first thing about jungle'ing or how I even screwed this guy, so where does that leave me?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 560 561 562 ... 577 578 579