Forum » FFXI » General » lolCall Asura
lolCall Asura
First Page 2
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 13:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of like roll call, but the idea is lol... Who are the most notorious people on asura in your opinion and why?
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-01-08 14:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

why do you hate on asura so much? the fact that asura gets as much talk time as it does only speaks to how good it actually is.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-08 14:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/World_Transfer_Service
 Asura.Moraine
user: moraine
By Asura.Moraine 2009-01-08 14:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I actually like asura. Been here for 4 years now. If its so bad, ya, like the post above transfer out.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even going to start a flame war... if you don't like the topic, don't reply let it die a slow, silent death. And for the chuckleheads that think it's just a matter of transferring out... are you kidding me? That's just 1) running away from things 2) a total waste of real money, especially when it's just as likely whatever server will have a whole new of jerks to annoy me, and 3) I play on asura because it's where my bro and a few other close friends play so leaving is not an option.

That all said, just trying to stir the pot a little bit... maybe get a dialogue going... even for those of you out there who "like how things are" things can sure be a hell of a lot better... and if any of this contributes to that eventual goal then rock on!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-08 15:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not from or ever been to Asura. Well just my opinion but this thread will just cause drama if ppl start saying who they hate etc. Play the game to have fun, starting trouble just causes grief. /wave at Asura server
 Asura.Volition
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 15:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Not even going to start a flame war... if you don't like the topic, don't reply let it die a slow, silent death. And for the chuckleheads that think it's just a matter of transferring out... are you kidding me? That's just 1) running away from things 2) a total waste of real money, especially when it's just as likely whatever server will have a whole new of jerks to annoy me, and 3) I play on asura because it's where my bro and a few other close friends play so leaving is not an option.

That all said, just trying to stir the pot a little bit... maybe get a dialogue going... even for those of you out there who "like how things are" things can sure be a hell of a lot better... and if any of this contributes to that eventual goal then rock on!

I don't know you, and I'm not trying to start a debate here, but you talk a lot of trash about Asura. You must really not be liked by a group of people or something, or you hate a bunch of people here. Since you state that there would just be jerks on any other server, I assume you don't have a personality that people generally get along with. I mean, just look at your posts.

I guess I took the bait, but you aren't the only one who enjoys drama ;)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 15:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I talk trash? I put up two threads just to see what people would say. God knows on a server of a few thousand people, I can't be the only person going wth when I see certain things... *shrug* What can I say, when you put cheese out you catch a few rats...

Look I said notorious... N-O-T-O-R-I-O-U-S (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/notorious) Link provided in case people needed a refresher with the word means. Personally, the only people I have problems with are RMT's, solo BLM's exp-ing at pudding camp, jerks farming beetles in garlaige basement, and rude people of all shapes and sizes.

Anywho, I'm going to grab some food... I'll come back later to see what the trolls out there have added to this thread...
 Asura.Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 15:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just assuming because you've made a few threads thats all. I hate RMT and idiots as well, but I don't trash the server because of them, since they are on every server - which is why I assumed what I did. If I said I hated Asura because of the RMT, BLM doing something I'm sure many people on many servers do, farmers etc I might as well quit FFXI.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-08 15:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

wait you have problems with BLM's that solo at a pudding camp?? ....And you're a 75 blm
 Asura.Alistor
user: Alistor
By Asura.Alistor 2009-01-08 16:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm just so surprised the first reply wasn't everybody /sh Smokeone at once lol
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-01-08 16:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, not one person on Asura has ever given me reason to want to leave. If anything, there are certain people whom I have met who would actually prevent me from ever wanting to leave. And, I believe this is the case for most people on all servers.
What makes FFXI different from other MMORPGS is that is forces people to work together to achieve anything. There are many people out in Vana-diel who just cannot grasp this concept and continue to make selfish decisions, which constantly push other players away. Eventually, these selfish players will have no one to turn to for help or assistance, and they may feel compelled to leave FFXI forever. I feel this is the case for people we consider to be notorious. I choose not to name anyone who I would personally label as such a character, for I believe I would just lower myself to their standards. We all know who they are. They are digging their own holes.
I love FFXI, I love the people in it, and I hope to continue to find more reasons to enjoy the game, as opposed to dwelling on the people that sour my experiences.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 16:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way I've only made two threads... I made what... this thread just for fun and then the "asura sucks thread." This thread being made in the first place because certain names were mentioned and I was curious to see if there were other names out there particularly reviled.

As for the original "Asura sucks thread" that was borne out of exasperation on account of the server losing yet another besieged.

Yet as with all things, once you throw something out into the world and other people have a chance to throw in their opinion what may have started out as something noble or inspired gets turned into something quite else.

So far as trashing the server... meh... it's just a rant, which is healthy... if you just bottle up what annoys you you'll go mad. Seriously how many of us who play this game can seriously look at people in our respective social circles in the eye and say, "I'm having a bad day because reason X,Y, or Z occurred." Those that play FFXI as well will get it, those that don't won't understand. So by coming out here at least, anyone who posts is speaking directly to a community that can understand the angst.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 16:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
wait you have problems with BLM's that solo at a pudding camp?? ....And you're a 75 blm

I have problems with BLM that solo there when there's a pt there already... If the solo'er was there first, I feel it's fair game, the pt that just arrived can attempt drive the solo'er out by killing faster than they can, chains be damned till they leave. OR they can just make nice and get that person into the pt...

HOWEVER... if the pt was there first and a solo'er just shows up, sees that there's a pt there anyways, AND STILL proceeds to solo... that's just obnoxious, selfish and rude. From experience I know GM's won't do a damn thing, so I just try to drive them out by leaving them nothing to exp on...
 Asura.Marader
user: Marader
By Asura.Marader 2009-01-08 16:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatheron said:
To be honest, not one person on Asura has ever given me reason to want to leave. If anything, there are certain people whom I have met who would actually prevent me from ever wanting to leave. And, I believe this is the case for most people on all servers.
What makes FFXI different from other MMORPGS is that is forces people to work together to achieve anything. There are many people out in Vana-diel who just cannot grasp this concept and continue to make selfish decisions, which constantly push other players away. Eventually, these selfish players will have no one to turn to for help or assistance, and they may feel compelled to leave FFXI forever. I feel this is the case for people we consider to be notorious. I choose not to name anyone who I would personally label as such a character, for I believe I would just lower myself to their standards. We all know who they are. They are digging their own holes.
I love FFXI, I love the people in it, and I hope to continue to find more reasons to enjoy the game, as opposed to dwelling on the people that sour my experiences.

QFT
 Asura.Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 17:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

So far as trashing the server... meh... it's just a rant, which is healthy... if you just bottle up what annoys you you'll go mad. Seriously how many of us who play this game can seriously look at people in our respective social circles in the eye and say, "I'm having a bad day because reason X,Y, or Z occurred." Those that play FFXI as well will get it, those that don't won't understand. So by coming out here at least, anyone who posts is speaking directly to a community that can understand the angst.

I guess I'll just come out and say that party members who have no f*cking idea how to work with SATA should just quit. Playing THF makes me hate people in general. $#!% lol.

/rant
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 17:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Volition said:

I guess I'll just come out and say that party members who have no f*cking idea how to work with SATA should just quit. Playing THF makes me hate people in general. $#!% lol.

/rant

Lemme guess, you don't like being lined up North-South with tank and the first-voke DD only to have another dd parked on the side of the mob spam a WS to turn it totally around the wrong way.... yah like that's never happened before... I feel your pain dude!
 Asura.Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 17:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Volition said:

/rant

Lemme guess, you don't like being lined up North-South with tank and the first-voke DD only to have another dd parked on the side of the mob spam a WS to turn it totally around the wrong way.... yah like that's never happened before... I feel your pain dude!

Actually, more like the bard that wont get out of the way, or the first voke who keeps it backed to a wall, or the guy that wont get behind it, or the people that pull hate at the start. I'm talking about pure idiocy.
 Asura.Ghikque
user: Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-08 19:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

since I can't be assed to defame you a second time without rewriting everything I wrote on the other thread:

hayoink! Copy-paste!

Hmm... know what I hate about Asura?

Morons like you =D

User submitted image

User submitted image

You spent about 25 minutes soloing birds as a 54 THF (lol 40 exp each ;) .) and shortly after logged off. You sure taught us.

The back story behind this was that the PT leader EXPLICITLY explained ABSOLUTELY no Lady Bug pulls. We were in the J-9 camp and no one else was around so we had something like 10 birds to play with. Good ol' Malekith thought it'd be time to pull a Ladybug instead of going a lil further to pull a bird. So the PT leader explains it and he pulls ANOTHER bug. So now PT leader is pretty much trying to just instill in him that BUGS @ day = BAD and there's NO reason to pull them with 5+ birds in the area to pull from. Malekith hops on his horse and tries to act mighty. Guess he wasn't too important to us in the end. /shrug

and as you can see in the /tells between me and Hyowon, this isn't the first time Malekith's been a dumbf*ck tard either. Kinda funny that it turned out like it did while I was /t-ing Hyowon.

Enjoy!
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 20:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.... how about we hand the troll a cookie... that's your reward for pwnage...

Lets get something straight, at the time I pulled that damn bug no birds were up. Right as I pulled a bird popped... and that's when things started going downhill. The whole time during that fight, which by the way took no time at all, for which we had a PL that hyo was dbx-ing I had to take his crap. Fight was over, you people were still harping over it and I was kicked for whatever reason you want to say. Fine!

For as much as Hyo and company want to claim that they weren't doing anything bad, they were worse than back seat drivers... Despite the E-Ron (past) camp at H-9 being open, they wanted to be at I/J-9 which for me was a new camp learning where pops where. Whole duration of me pulling, it was constant run here, run there, do this... god dammit how is anyone supposed to do their job. If I'd known what I was in for I would have stayed solo-ing with my NPC like I had intended...

Fact is I hate people like you and Hyo, infantile children (whether chronologically speaking or mentally) who happen to have several 75's (because they can play all day or bought an acct or whatever), who based on that think they're god's gift to the server, and if people deviate the least bit from playing like how they would on a dual box or tribox automatically their noobs and not worth dealing with.

But it's all good, it's a large server, you're on my perma blacklist and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. You just stay on your end and I, mine.
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-01-08 20:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

*crickets* God I love Asura! :D
/end troll back to exp pt as thf o.o!
 Asura.Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-08 20:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

likewise.

And trolling would mean I am purposely trying to flame you, but you... sorta brought this on yourself. You made a topic to complain about things on Asura that we hate. Well thanks for being the teeball that I knocked outta the park, but you brought this on yourself.

You missed the whole point of why you were kicked. It wasn't cause you pulled the ladybug (and had <call10> in your macro for pulling...) it was cause you acted like you were the fkn king and that we needed to 'respect' you or you'd leave. We called your bluff and you cried like I expected from someone of your caliber.

Sorry but I've been playing 4 years which is PLENTY of time for anyone who's half casual to get all the 75's I have now (especially given that with some new camps you can get 15K/hour exp at lvl 37, which makes it a "four hour 'ordeal'" to get a job from 37 to 51 these days.

And I didn't add you to my /blist. I rarely add people to that. It's not as fun that way =/ I woulda missed out on your epic tardness in that PT if I had. And I wouldn't have been able to share this little gem of drama here with others. BTW there's only one /blist. Permanent or otherwise.
 Phoenix.Strongside
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-08 20:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghikque said:
since I can't be assed to defame you a second time without rewriting everything I wrote on the other thread:

hayoink! Copy-paste!

Morons like you =D

User submitted image

User submitted image

You spent about 25 minutes soloing birds as a 54 THF (lol 40 exp each ;) .) and shortly after logged off. You sure taught us.

The back story behind this was that the PT leader EXPLICITLY explained ABSOLUTELY no Lady Bug pulls. We were in the J-9 camp and no one else was around so we had something like 10 birds to play with. Good ol' Malekith thought it'd be time to pull a Ladybug instead of going a lil further to pull a bird. So the PT leader explains it and he pulls ANOTHER bug. So now PT leader is pretty much trying to just instill in him that BUGS @ day = BAD and there's NO reason to pull them with 5+ birds in the area to pull from. Malekith hops on his horse and tries to act mighty. Guess he wasn't too important to us in the end. /shrug

and as you can see in the /tells between me and Hyowon, this isn't the first time Malekith's been a dumbf*ck tard either. Kinda funny that it turned out like it did while I was /t-ing Hyowon.

Enjoy!

You gotta be joking me he pulls a bug and you nerds flip the *** out haha Your party looks like the people i would stay away from not the person who made a simple mistake apologized and wasn't going to pull any more... and then gets kicked? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW your a douche bag
 Asura.Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-08 20:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongside said:

You gotta be joking me he pulls a bug and you nerds flip the *** out haha Your party looks like the people i would stay away from not the person who made a simple mistake apologized and wasn't going to pull any more... and then gets kicked? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW your a douche bag

l2read.

He pulled 2 bugs after initially being told not to. He got kicked for what he said, not what he did.

l2read.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 20:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey strongside thanks for the props...

Hey Ghikque, god knows how long I partied with that call in my macro without anycomplaints till I met you people. It's a fact that people go afk, that call is in there to remind people to get ready. <call10> is a soft call, not loud enough to be obnoxious but loud enough to do that job. So far as acting in the way you described... lmao... Look you must be used to playing with kids that will do whatever you say the minute you order them around. I'm not a kid and from the moment I joined that party it was just constant criticism and carping because you people wanted things done a certain way. Some times you can play through it, and other times not... It's no wonder what happened here did.
 Phoenix.Strongside
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-08 20:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghikque said:
Strongside said:
Ghikque said:

hayoink! Copy-paste!

Morons like you =D

User submitted image

User submitted image

Enjoy!

l2read.

He pulled 3 bugs after initially being told not to. He got kicked for what he said, not what he did.

l2read.

I mean really they have a PL ***pull 2 at a time get more exp i dont see what the problem is wow 3 bugs cry a *** river haha bitter nerds are funny. I can read perfectly fine geez asura does suck!
 Asura.Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-08 21:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lolnerds?

w/e man. You just sit there on your new account and try to act hard. Throw the "I have a life card" too while yer at it. That usually works, right?

You ever fight at that camp? Fight the colibri and then fight the bugs. It's night and day difference and SLOW AS HELL exp when fighting the bugs. There were birds up to pull and that's all we wanted to fight simple as that.

but you sit there and act hard. Rest of us will keeping doing what we do.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 21:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So there we have it people... the root cause of the discontent... I was preventing them from reaching their expected 25k/ hr or whatever it was they had mapped out. You can say there were birds up all you want, but without trotters or striders to really run way the hell out where you wanted me to and then run way the hell back to where we were camped at, we were just as well killing bugs. Dear god that fight wasn't even that big a deal... I'm used to pulling whatever's around and who complained... If I pulled something that potentially could have or did so in fact kill us, bash me all you want.. It'd be warranted then. HOWEVER... I didn't make the zone, I didn't place pops far apart or set the timers but what you people wanted wasn't possible...

BTW, thanks Ghikque for your post. Just goes to show what sorts of folk are on this server which brings to mind that I ought to do something to give props to the good folk on Asure, the few that there are... I think I'll tackle that tomorrow...
 Phoenix.Strongside
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-08 21:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghikque said:
lolnerds?

w/e man. You just sit there on your new account and try to act hard. Throw the "I have a life card" too while yer at it. That usualky works, right?

You ever fight at that camp? Fight the colibri and then fight the bugs. It's night and day difference and SLOW AS HELL exp when fighting the bugs. There were birds up to pull and that's all we wanted to fight simple as that.

but you sit there and act hard. Rest of us will keeping doing what we do.

Awww did i hit a nerve? haha Acting hard huh? just stating the facts he pulled a bug wow big deal grow some balls jesus christ! When there's no birds like male said (He's the puller so he would know) then why not pull a bug? Sure i'll throw in the i got a life card! I play like 3 times a week and work & party the rest of time. GL on your no life cap haha
First Page 2