Reason Why Asura Sucks...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Reason Why Asura Sucks...
Reason Why Asura Sucks...
First Page 2
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 03:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

c'mon peeps I wanna hear your reasons....

1) You can always count on our server to lose the Candy whenever it's a level 8 besieged...
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-08 03:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol serious? I can't remember the last time Leviathan lost a besieged... as far as I know we havent lost since I started doing them back in July...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 03:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even kidding... Go check here >>>http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Besieged_Server_Records

Moreover, most of us on server know that when we check the besieged map and see that more than 1 potential level-8 is prepping, it's time to start thinking about what to do while there's no candy... It's sad... Even worse, after the candy is gone it's like 2 real life days before we get it back because our lazy *** wait on the JP's top go get it.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-08 03:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And for some reason, I thought the reason why Asura sucks is cause I'm on it, killing random people
 Asura.Vilyon
user:
By Asura.Vilyon 2009-01-08 04:42:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

; ;
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-01-08 05:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren 1747 0 1747

Dang!
 Siren.Aem
Server: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Aem 2009-01-08 06:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Undefeated since start on Siren. At our pace, people put alot more effort into Besieged, as we do not want to tarnish our record.
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-01-08 09:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll just say it.

lolbesieged
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-01-08 09:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Aem said:
Undefeated since start on Siren. At our pace, people put alot more effort into Besieged, as we do not want to tarnish our record.

idk how other servers lose. we've only come close to losing a handful of times.
 Asura.Tmiller
user: tmiller24
By Asura.Tmiller 2009-01-08 09:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.... Asura's dandy and all... but during besieged there's too many have-a-go heros spamming that 'We shouldn't nuke Gurfurlur becuz he absorbz magic!!lol' and so on, so kinda puts a lot of people off...
That and we're quite a big server (actually... maybe not now that the whole server transfer thinger is operational o_o; ) So there's a mentality of "Well, if we're not there, someone else sure is!" And as egotistical as some of Asura's residents are, I can bet that only a handful have read up on the besieged NMs and know a method of killing them that doesn't involve just throwing bodies at them til the enemy's HP is at 0.
For such a big server, there's a severe lack of cameraderie as of late and more and more people seem to think 'screw strategy, I know better' and then we have the skill-up guys (I know you're there on all servers!! :P) add that all together, and it's a huge recipe for disaster, or in our case, a lost candescence^^/

-Edit-
And my reason why asura sucks? There's just too many greedy and egotistical people here, but in all fairness I'm sure they're on every server^^/

-Israfel (Hijacking the husband's AH account ftw! D: )
 Asura.Volition
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 09:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I personally hate beseiged. Things load slowly, too many people, theres barely any organization.. I'd rather be doing something else, quite honestly.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-08 10:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Volition said:
Well I don't know about everyone else, but I personally hate beseiged. Things load slowly, too many people, theres barely any organization.. I'd rather be doing something else, quite honestly.

I too hate besieged. i mean common, you see its lv 1 preparing, do you start planning with friends to do besieged 4+ hours from now? if it werent for that waiting forever just to get started, im sure lots of more ppl would do them.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-08 11:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I just go LFP while I'm at beseiged as a whm.
If I get a pty invite, I just warp out.

I agree, beseiged is long, laggy and a waste of time, considering I can get 10-20k limit points/hr outside of beseiged in a regular exp party.

The storyline repeats itself, nothing changes. Everytime it's, "ZOMGWTFBBQ WE'RE BEING ATTACKED!" Four hours later either we won or lost and everyone goes about their business. It's a waste of time and effort and should honestly be just taken out.

That is the reason I don't participate. I LOVE story lines, I love exp, I love this game- beseiged is a waste.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed sky/sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 12:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw guys, I <3 the besieged comments... but seriously there are other reasons why our server is the way that it is... Hmmm... how about I throw out another reason besides lolBesieged... Asura sucks because we're the server that gave the world Futchy...
 Asura.Tmiller
user: tmiller24
By Asura.Tmiller 2009-01-08 13:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Smokeone? I'm surprised there hasn't been mention f him yet^^; lol

-Israfel (STILL hijacking husbands intarwebz!)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 17:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

May as well post another legit reason, futchy/ smoke1 bash lolfest aside

2) I've never seen all 7 areas needed for "splitting heirs" under the control of the 3 nations AND YET our server AH history is filled with blatant mules coming here from other servers unloading loots sold at high prices. This goes back to a previous thread I had posted in (http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1090&lp=1).

If other servers have no problem satisfying the conditions, let alone doing the fight, why can't we? I certainly don't think it's just one LS doing ops, running a meripo in the zone, or farming the NM's for SCNM fights. If it is one ls, damn I'd sure as hell love to be a member of such an organized and well run outfit. That all said, I can only infer that a large amount of cross server organization/ cooperation is taking place. Just makes me wonder why that can't be replicated on As u R server...
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-01-08 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

someone update lakshmi's! lol
its fun but i've been freezing recently :/
althought i did get a couple polearm skill ups on SAM the other day before freezing.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 18:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
someone update lakshmi's! lol
its fun but i've been freezing recently :/
althought i did get a couple polearm skill ups on SAM the other day before freezing.

LoL dude... start a lolLakshmi thread... what's this got to do with asura? oO
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-01-08 19:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

most server losses ie (bahamut)came from *** maintenance^.....
 Asura.Ghikque
user: Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-08 19:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... know what I hate about Asura?

Morons like you =D

User submitted image

User submitted image

You spent about 25 minutes soloing birds as a 54 THF (lol 40 exp each ;) .) and shortly after logged off. You sure taught us.

The back story behind this was that the PT leader EXPLICITLY explained ABSOLUTELY no Lady Bug pulls. We were in the J-9 camp and no one else was around so we had something like 10 birds to play with. Good ol' Malekith thought it'd be time to pull a Ladybug instead of going a lil further to pull a bird. So the PT leader explains it and he pulls ANOTHER bug. So now PT leader is pretty much trying to just instill in him that BUGS @ day = BAD and there's NO reason to pull them with 5+ birds in the area to pull from. Malekith hops on his horse and tries to act mighty. Guess he wasn't too important to us in the end. /shrug

and as you can see in the /tells between me and Hyowon, this isn't the first time Malekith's been a dumbf*ck tard either. Kinda funny that it turned out like it did while I was /t-ing Hyowon.

Enjoy!
 Asura.Mikerocca
user: kord
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-08 19:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the thread--it has backfired.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-08 20:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Backfired nothing, I wrote my response (http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=48653)

Meh, without being there... there's no context and to comment any more just makes the situation worse. But hey it's valid criticism, I didn't perform according to expectations of what they would have done were they the THF in the pt, they kicked me, words were had and it went downhill from there. It was in past. Now they dig it up, put it on display and what will happen will... but so far as making me feel sad or upset about it... it's all karma baby...

BTW dude it shows how big a man you are to curse me and say all those lovely vulgar epithets, must be that public school education coming to the fore I guess that's why you FFXI to make up for the inadequacies you feel in IRL where in game you're a GOD. /clap /clap /clap

Btw, I'm still feeling burnt and extra crispy here from that troll sized pwnage you served up, you big man you...
 Phoenix.Strongside
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-08 21:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

BTW dude it shows how big a man you are to curse me and say all those lovely vulgar epithets, must be that public school education coming to the fore I guess that's why you FFXI to make up for the inadequacies you feel in IRL where in game you're a GOD. /clap /clap /clap

Btw, I'm still feeling burnt and extra crispy here from that troll sized pwnage you served up, you big man you...

Rofl owned!
 Asura.Mikerocca
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-08 22:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongside said:
Malekith said:
BTW dude it shows how big a man you are to curse me and say all those lovely vulgar epithets, must be that public school education coming to the fore I guess that's why you FFXI to make up for the inadequacies you feel in IRL where in game you're a GOD. /clap /clap /clap Btw, I'm still feeling burnt and extra crispy here from that troll sized pwnage you served up, you big man you...
Rofl owned!

Why is it that all good players are mocked by mediocre players and accused of having no life or being inadequte irl? Get some new material for cryin' out loud...stop trying to make it sound like you're better than anyone else in real life without providing any tangible criteria as evidence to back up your claims.

PS - you're still a retard, Strongside.

PPS - Some public school systems are actually good \('-'*)
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-09 05:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikerocca said:
Why is it that all good players are mocked by mediocre players and accused of having no life or being inadequte irl? Get some new material for cryin' out loud...stop trying to make it sound like you're better than anyone else in real life without providing any tangible criteria as evidence to back up your claims. PS - you're still a retard, Strongside. PPS - Some public school systems are actually good \('-'*)

What about good players mocking other good players?

Naw, that just never happens, does it. >.>

Anyway, some people are *** most of the time on Asura (S1 and Futchy in the past, Reece in the past too, but he seemed to grow up lately) but there are a lot of good people out there. Look for my new thread about to pop after this.
 Asura.Mikerocca
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-09 08:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Mikerocca said:
Why is it that all good players are mocked by mediocre players and accused of having no life or being inadequte irl? Get some new material for cryin' out loud...stop trying to make it sound like you're better than anyone else in real life without providing any tangible criteria as evidence to back up your claims. PS - you're still a retard, Strongside. PPS - Some public school systems are actually good \('-'*)
What about good players mocking other good players? Naw, that just never happens, does it. &gt;.&gt; Anyway, some people are *** most of the time on Asura (S1 and Futchy in the past, Reece in the past too, but he seemed to grow up lately) but there are a lot of good people out there. Look for my new thread about to pop after this.

The good players still put each other down, but its more of a rivalry sort of thing. I was merely making the distinction that the 4-5 year noobs always make the assumption that to be considered good in the game you have to have no real life. It's really far from the truth haha.

Never heard one relic holder say to another, "You got that Apoc because you suck irl!" You might find that coming out of the mouth of a DRK wearing thick gear and TPing in Ruby Rings though.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-01-09 12:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think people like to assume a lot more about people with good gear/levels than people with bad.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-09 12:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's times like this, that I remember my RDM party from last week.
Let me paint a picture:

1. Pty was RDM, SAM, WHM, PLD, THF and PUP (yes, I'm open to new ideas).
2. WHM said he came with the PUP (that's fine, I (RDM) came with the SAM).
3. Pty took place in Kuftal Tunnel (we were all 52ish)
4. People died from Guivre en route, no sneak/invis (I was able to raise them all and continue).

The worst part: After all of this, I was ready for good exp., until I saw the PUP with level 15 gear and a Dream Cap. When I politely informed him that he would deal more damage and we could get better exp if he had better gear, the PUP and WHM flame sprayed me with insults and told me that the SAM was geared TOO GOOD. I apologized to the PLD and THF, and left the party with my gf (the SAM that was geared too well).

It baffles me that people expect to get godly exp, but don't want to spend the money, time and dedication to get the gear required to GET that godly exp.

And THAT is why asura pisses me off sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love the server too. People like Jeewee, Corrinn, Jerriblank, Shale, Eroc, Gregalen/Arkan/Moirain, Aarin, and many others are wonderful friends that have ALWAYS came whenever I needed help with anything- and that's why I stay. Just like in real life, we aren't remembered by what we are buried with, we are remembered by the people that we leave behind. That's our legacy.

I will still remember these friends, even after the servers shut down. :-)

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Asura.Xredx
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2009-01-09 12:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikerocca said:

lol public schools are the government stragedy to keep the majority of the population stupid so the rest look so much better ;D
 Asura.Mikerocca
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-09 13:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Xredx said:
Mikerocca said:
lol public schools are the government stragedy to keep the majority of the population stupid so the rest look so much better ;D

"Stragedy" you say?! Looks like you proved their plan works! 'Tis a stragedy, indeed. ;_;
First Page 2