Reason Why Asura Sucks...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Reason Why Asura Sucks...
Reason Why Asura Sucks...
 Asura.Hatheron
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-01-09 13:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
It baffles me that people expect to get godly exp, but don't want to spend the money, time and dedication to get the gear required to GET that godly exp. And THAT is why asura pisses me off sometimes.

To begin, I agree. I do wish to add a bit to what Yotevol said, though. Many players (myself included) do not have the type of funds to readily supply themselves with the type of uber gear that can be bought off the AH. However, I also don't sit around complaining that I have a modest amount of gil. Being short on gil is not an excuse for {Too Weak} gear, IMO. At all lvls, there is readily accessible Rare/Ex drops from easy to camp NMs. Granted, some of the NM drops are ***, but many are decent and worthwhile. I'm a gear-nut, so anytime I lvl a job, I always spend hours at work surfing wiki for what freebie gear I can get. Many of these pieces are just as good as some bought options. Many times, though, these pieces cannot replace the excellent pieces that are most easily obtained though purchase. That's a fact.

So, the short of it is, if you cannot afford decent gear, there really is no excuse. You are as lazy as someone with a gimp sub. To party in such a state is rude and selfish. But please, just because I'm a Ranger without an E-bow, please don't make fun of me just because I use Selene's Bow. At least I worked a bit for it, right?

BTW, Yotevol, did you realize your name backwards is Lovetoy? Tehe, makes me giggle. :P
 Asura.Xredx
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2009-01-09 13:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

;* public school trained all the way baby
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-01-09 13:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikerocca said:
Korpg said:
Mikerocca said:
Why is it that all good players are mocked by mediocre players and accused of having no life or being inadequte irl? Get some new material for cryin' out loud...stop trying to make it sound like you're better than anyone else in real life without providing any tangible criteria as evidence to back up your claims. PS - you're still a retard, Strongside. PPS - Some public school systems are actually good \('-'*)
What about good players mocking other good players? Naw, that just never happens, does it. >.> Anyway, some people are *** most of the time on Asura (S1 and Futchy in the past, Reece in the past too, but he seemed to grow up lately) but there are a lot of good people out there. Look for my new thread about to pop after this.

The good players still put each other down, but its more of a rivalry sort of thing. I was merely making the distinction that the 4-5 year noobs always make the assumption that to be considered good in the game you have to have no real life. It's really far from the truth haha.

Never heard one relic holder say to another, "You got that Apoc because you suck irl!" You might find that coming out of the mouth of a DRK wearing thick gear and TPing in Ruby Rings though.

4-5 year noobs? really?

the issue with this game in general is the peole who think they are justified in being pretentious douchebags just because they've been playing longer than other people.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-09 13:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatheron said:
Yotevol said:
It baffles me that people expect to get godly exp, but don't want to spend the money, time and dedication to get the gear required to GET that godly exp. And THAT is why asura pisses me off sometimes.
To begin, I agree. I do wish to add a bit to what Yotevol said, though. Many players (myself included) do not have the type of funds to readily supply themselves with the type of uber gear that can be bought off the AH. However, I also don't sit around complaining that I have a modest amount of gil. Being short on gil is not an excuse for {Too Weak} gear, IMO. At all lvls, there is readily accessible Rare/Ex drops from easy to camp NMs. Granted, some of the NM drops are ***, but many are decent and worthwhile. I'm a gear-nut, so anytime I lvl a job, I always spend hours at work surfing wiki for what freebie gear I can get. Many of these pieces are just as good as some bought options. Many times, though, these pieces cannot replace the excellent pieces that are most easily obtained though purchase. That's a fact. So, the short of it is, if you cannot afford decent gear, there really is no excuse. You are as lazy as someone with a gimp sub. To party in such a state is rude and selfish. But please, just because I'm a Ranger without an E-bow, please don't make fun of me just because I use Selene's Bow. At least I worked a bit for it, right? BTW, Yotevol, did you realize your name backwards is Lovetoy? Tehe, makes me giggle. :P

Yes, I do realize that about my name. It's a long story and a nickname that dates my age, so I'd rather not talk about it. :-)

As for the "Selene's Bow" and other gear, I 100% agree with you. There is a HUGE difference between "gimp", "efficient" and "elite" gear. A Selene's Bow is efficient, and at times better (the days when you need the R Acc bonus- I <3 Selen's!). The E. Bow is elite and yes, does a bit more damage. However, wearing a Long Bow +1 as a 75RNG is unacceptable.

Same thing goes for that 55PUP wearing the "santa" hat.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-01-09 13:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Hatheron said:
Yotevol said:
To begin, I agree. I do wish to add a bit to what Yotevol said, though. Many players (myself included) do not have the type of funds to readily supply themselves with the type of uber gear that can be bought off the AH. However, I also don't sit around complaining that I have a modest amount of gil. Being short on gil is not an excuse for {Too Weak} gear, IMO. At all lvls, there is readily accessible Rare/Ex drops from easy to camp NMs. Granted, some of the NM drops are ***, but many are decent and worthwhile. I'm a gear-nut, so anytime I lvl a job, I always spend hours at work surfing wiki for what freebie gear I can get. Many of these pieces are just as good as some bought options. Many times, though, these pieces cannot replace the excellent pieces that are most easily obtained though purchase. That's a fact. So, the short of it is, if you cannot afford decent gear, there really is no excuse. You are as lazy as someone with a gimp sub. To party in such a state is rude and selfish. But please, just because I'm a Ranger without an E-bow, please don't make fun of me just because I use Selene's Bow. At least I worked a bit for it, right? BTW, Yotevol, did you realize your name backwards is Lovetoy? Tehe, makes me giggle. :P
Yes, I do realize that about my name. It's a long story and a nickname that dates my age, so I'd rather not talk about it. :-) As for the "Selene's Bow" and other gear, I 100% agree with you. There is a HUGE difference between "gimp", "efficient" and "elite" gear. A Selene's Bow is efficient, and at times better (the days when you need the R Acc bonus- I &lt;3 Selen's!). The E. Bow is elite and yes, does a bit more damage. However, wearing a Long Bow +1 as a 75RNG is unacceptable. Same thing goes for that 55PUP wearing the "santa" hat. ~Yotevol Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-01-09 13:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

QFT

People that gear up like that PUP really are ridiculous. What makes him even more so 'lawl-ible" is the fact that he got mad because you pointed out his gimp gear.
I just don't understand people sometimes. XD
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-09 13:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya said:
I do think people like to assume a lot more about people with good gear/levels than people with bad.

Very good point Shamaya, but think about this... In a day and age when levels can be gotten easily. Where taking a job 1-75 in a short time is entirely possible with level-sync and PL. (Level-sync being a godsend to anyone trying to get maats cap.) I really can't be impressed with anyone who has a 75 job or multi 75's. What I am impressed by is watching how they play those jobs...

AS for gear when people can rmt and there are bought accounts, again I can't be awed just because so-and-so has a piece of gear. I can be jealous as all else for sure, but jealousy is not awe.

So really what am I left with... If gear and levels essentially mean nothing to me, what does? Just the behavior of the person behind the toon, conduct is paramount imo.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-09 14:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
So really what am I left with... If gear and levels essentially mean nothing to me, what does? Just the behavior of the person behind the toon, conduct is paramount imo. The above said, like Sham said people do make

Agreed. I would rather play/exp/quest with someone that has "mediocre" gear, but a great attitude and takes suggestions as constructive criticism. Not as malicious insults to their gameplay. This is a game and we should all be looking for ways to better ourselves.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-09 16:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it me or are people quick on the draw with respect to saying "noob" or using profanity on asura?
 Asura.Ghikque
user: Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-09 18:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wow a new twist

Gear's not huge to me except when it's PAINFULLY bad. I'm talking a level 65 WAR wearing AF Head Hands Legs and Feet(ok) level 36 NQ Dex Rings, Spike Necklace, Beetle Earrings, Jaridah Petti (55 NQ body), and a Great Axe that was 10 levels under his (NQ as well)

He gets the boot cause I feel that's bad enough that he's not even gonna do a fifth of the dmg that any decently geared WAR would. His attitude was also poor when others (not even myself, I was busy just chuckling about him in /t with others in PT while he whiffed 80% of his swings at a Bird camp) suggested he get better gear.

The classic response is always "You give me the gil for the gear you want me to wear and I'll have it ^^" gotta love that.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-09 18:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There is "ok" gear, then there is "lol" gear

Unless the equipment is the best even for lower levels (Peacock, CoP Rings, etc.), you should have the best gear possible, which is mostly near the level you are at (AF for level 52-60, Assault gear at 72, etc.) Gear really depends on the person though, because since Hauby and Hauberk are basically the same thing (with the -5 Agi on Hauby alone) it really doesn't matter to a WAR if he gets just a Hauby or a Hauberk at all.

Just my 2 cents though, anyone can be great, just need the right combo of gear and skill (don't cast dia on a sleeping mob, unless you are going to MPK the group that stole your camp ;p)
 Asura.Lordwafik
user: Lordwafik
By Asura.Lordwafik 2009-01-11 04:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about people having the tip top best gear available, but I do care for people wearing shitty gear simply because they don't want to farm.

No reason that 5 of the 6 members in the party should carry the last person just because they refuse to farm instead of nonstop exp. My last time I level synced, it was in the mire with a DRG who was 70~ (we were synced to 67) in full AF1 except the head was a Walkure mask, and the body was a Brigandine. The rest of the party was wearing up to date gear, this DRG was wearing things you'd wear in a 40-60 cap zone. Even if it's level sync, at least put in a hint of effort.

Spoilers : the party sucked anyway and I left shortly after we wiped multiple times because functioning as a group is hard for some people to understand.