What Lvl Is It Too High To Have A PL?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What lvl is it too high to have a PL?
What lvl is it too high to have a PL?
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-10 16:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Good players know how to think for themselves and adapt. A good player will be good regardless of if they were PLed or not and a shitty player will be shitty. It has nothing to do with PLs.
[+]
 Sylph.Lumiya
Server: Sylph
user:
By Sylph.Lumiya 2009-01-10 17:11:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, now have a party of good players + a PL, that would be godly :3
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
Server: Fairy
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-11 19:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

brd, cor, spamming rng, pentasams, no tank no mages....i think that's a party worth a damn on birds.
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-12 11:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I had another Valk Dunes experience that I would like to share.
I was leveling my 15DRK/7WAR, happy that I just got Last Resort and got a party so quickly afrter my previous one dispbanded.
When I joined, there was a WHM, MNK, PLD, NIN, WAR and my DRK. The PLD didn't have ANY tank gear and the NIN was pulling AND slow to say when his shadows were down, so that I would Provoke to give him time. That's when the argument for a PL was started. The WHM and MNK stated we "NEEDED" a PL in the Dunes.

When I tried to explain that they didn't need one and we had a great party set-up, as long as the NIN wasn't pulling, they all looked shocked. Obviously they hadn't thought of a Dunes Party without a PL. That was very depressing to me. If PLD or NIN planned on leveling those jobs, they would fight for ways the practice their tanking and honing their techniques.

Conclusion, if you can do your job and have a good party without a PL, then a PL will be a great compliment to a party. However, depending on a PL will cause anyone to NOT practice their job and cause a "dependancy" on the PL and lack of practice on your job.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk