Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-11 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Well seeing as they released a pic of someone in full whm af converting, its safe to assume two things. 1 convert will be available, and 2 that whm had very bad gear. Honestly its easy to forget, FF isn't life, you CAN quit if you don't like what is coming, that isn't a judgement, I forget too sometimes. Just a fact

Well, was if AF2 or AF, I remember they showed a PUP using Chi Blast in full AF2.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-05-11 12:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by the previous promotional pictures from SE though... I wouldn't count on /rdm getting convert. That's not to say it won't happen, just that you can't trust SEs pictures for new stuff. :)
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-11 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think /RDM will get convert, I just don't think it will be a 1hp=1mp ratio. Maybe like 3hp=1mp, turn 1000HP into 333MP, or worse.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-05-11 12:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

:o

That would be worse than not getting it at all! I'm a taru ; ;

"All right! Convert!..."

Chupacabra gains 150mp and promptly gets one shotted by a random NM running through the zone for no reason.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-05-11 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Voevod said:
I'm totally against this. I have played this game for over 5 years and haven't gotten half of what most have had in this game. Why? Because I take breaks and don't live in here. I still enjoy it, but fawk missing a good party (hello RL party) or a night out with the better half. So the game takes a side seat.

So yeah ... I think this level cap increase sucks!!!! Hardcore Sucks! But SE isn't adapting the game for the people like myself that play in RL too, and have social lives ... they are adjusting it for the non-social tards that call this place home. Yall have fun leveling.

*** you and have a nice day too :)

Stay classy.

But more than that, this is what I get out of what you had to say:

You want to be the best, or at least a high level of proficiency. But, you do not want to invest the time/effort it takes to get there. You want it to be easy. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say you only want it easy enough so that what you have to commit gives you everything you want. (And not say that you want to zone into an area and have all the mobs fall over dead.) But you want it easy enough for you. Nevermind anyone that plays twice as much as you, and nevermind anyone that plays half as much. It should be easy for you.

It's a huge game. If you don't want to experience all of it, don't. There are things to do for all levels. Be level 50 and go hunt things. Explore. Team up and fight something hard for your level- character level and amount of time. My point is this:

FFXI can be fun and challenging at levels:

Just because you don't want to play in the big kids' pool doesn't mean they should shut it down.

And, before you go all internet angry at this- check my jobs and gear. I don't have all the time in the world to spend here. But what I do have is fun while I am.
[+]
 Diabolos.Voevod
user: Voe
By Diabolos.Voevod 2010-05-11 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Diabolos.Voevod said:
I'm totally against this. I have played this game for over 5 years and haven't gotten half of what most have had in this game. Why? Because I take breaks and don't live in here. I still enjoy it, but fawk missing a good party (hello RL party) or a night out with the better half. So the game takes a side seat.

So yeah ... I think this level cap increase sucks!!!! Hardcore Sucks! But SE isn't adapting the game for the people like myself that play in RL too, and have social lives ... they are adjusting it for the non-social tards that call this place home. Yall have fun leveling.

*** you and have a nice day too :)

Stay classy.

But more than that, this is what I get out of what you had to say:

You want to be the best, or at least a high level of proficiency. But, you do not want to invest the time/effort it takes to get there. You want it to be easy. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say you only want it easy enough so that what you have to commit gives you everything you want. (And not say that you want to zone into an area and have all the mobs fall over dead.) But you want it easy enough for you. Nevermind anyone that plays twice as much as you, and nevermind anyone that plays half as much. It should be easy for you.

It's a huge game. If you don't want to experience all of it, don't. There are things to do for all levels. Be level 50 and go hunt things. Explore. Team up and fight something hard for your level- character level and amount of time. My point is this:

FFXI can be fun and challenging at levels:

Just because you don't want to play in the big kids' pool doesn't mean they should shut it down.

And, before you go all internet angry at this- check my jobs and gear. I don't have all the time in the world to spend here. But what I do have is fun while I am.

Nope ... You made perfect sense, and need no proof of where you are coming from. But I'm still going to disagree with ya ... and using your point at that for an example of what I meant.

I would LOVE to be able to play in the adult pool ;) and I, like you, feel we should and can have fun at all levels. I just feel a more timely stretch of the leveling may be more appropriate for most of us if not all. I don't plan on giving this Galka up until we are all on one server, because that's all that is left.

Oh and on the topic of my wanting it easy ... that was a tad overboard, Like my calling hardcore players "Tards" ;P My mentioning of my achievements was only to point out my laid back approach to this. The only thing that has literally pissed me off to no end in this game was "Obtaining SEA!!!" omg my style of play killed me there.

Cheers,

P.s. I could give a flying fart about being the most badass, or having the "TOP" gear. BUT ... I do want to look cool ;D That's what drives me believe it or not.
 Diabolos.Voevod
user: Voe
By Diabolos.Voevod 2010-05-11 16:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Diabolos.Voevod said:
Hardcore Sucks! But SE isn't adapting the game for the people like myself that play in RL too, and have social lives ...

Hasn't it always been this way though? Pretty much everything SE has done seems to require a large investment of time to complete.

Yeah you're right. Now that my GF started playing and we're getting her subs leveled etc. I have noticed how crazy fast it is to level now vs when I was doing that. It's like the rank/fame/other missions needed are More of a pain in the *** now.

I'll just shut up now ;D