Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Playonline Glitch: Please help
Playonline Glitch: Please help
By Oceanfury 2010-05-01 17:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been away from FFxi for a while. Today i purchased the Ultimate FFXI download from gamestop. After installing it and renewing my content ID i encountered a glitch.

Upon signing into POL and clicking on "PLAY" it begins to glitch and instead of allowing me to connect to the server and begin playing it takes me back to the previous POL screen saying "retrieving messages". I dont receive a POL error of any kind. Never seen this before. Truly strange. Any idea???
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 17:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oceanfury said:
Ive been away from FFxi for a while. Today i purchased the Ultimate FFXI download from gamestop. After installing it and renewing my content ID i encountered a glitch. Upon signing into POL and clicking on "PLAY" it begins to glitch and instead of allowing me to connect to the server and begin playing it takes me back to the previous POL screen saying "retrieving messages". I dont receive a POL error of any kind. Never seen this before. Truly strange. Any idea???

Your problem is in BOLD.
By Oceanfury 2010-05-01 17:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhm ok so i need to uninstall it? Have any other players encountered issues with Gamestop downloads? If so, how did u resolve this?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 17:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oceanfury said:
Uhm ok so i need to uninstall it? Have any other players encountered issues with Gamestop downloads? If so, how did u resolve this?

I'm just hating on Gamestop. Try checking DNAS/DNS ***, and if you're on Vista, IDK if there are issues there or not.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-01 17:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to run it in full screen? try switching to window mode, see if that fixes it.

just a guess though.
By Oceanfury 2010-05-01 17:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ive switched between window/full screen mode. same glitch effect. After clicking on "play" it keeps taking me back to "retrieving messages" screen.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-01 18:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe your pc is looking out for your well being.
 Alexander.Garlend
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-05-01 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/homeus/headline/news01.html
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 18:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

By Oceanfury 2010-05-01 18:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

im uninstalling Playonline and FFxi files as we speak. Will try reinstalling and see if that works.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-01 18:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oceanfury said:
im uninstalling Playonline and FFxi files as we speak. Will try reinstalling and see if that works.

are you using vista? if you are you really need to look at the link Alexander.Garlend posted.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ask gewgle.
By Oceanfury 2010-05-01 20:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured it out. The "Wings of Goddess" downloadable content from gamestop was corrupted. Once i uninstalled it, i was able to log in just fine. Strange indeed