Forum » FFXI » General » SSG SMN Burn Question
SSG SMN Burn Question
 Bismarck.Enygma
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Bismarck.Enygma 2010-04-26 17:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just was wondering what the sync lvl for this zone was, and setup, and most importantly what to pull and where to camp at...
 Bismarck.Enygma
By Bismarck.Enygma 2010-04-27 02:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump, no on done before?
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-27 02:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The tunnels, LVL sync 12, 3 SMNers, and 2 leeches( preferably with a COR or COR sub). You will need 2 to 3 pullers. RDM works best for pullers I think.You can pull bats, jellies,spiders and leeches. Not that I have ever tried this before, lol.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-27 02:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never tried doing them anywhere besides korroloka or the maze.

Not really into afb as my main source of merits though tbh. If one comes up, sure, but otherwise I generally lfp on rdm.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-27 02:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@Bloodbath - They're talkin about SSG, not korroloka hehe ;)

For SSG first tier, I am not too sure... I think they'll check as like IT to a lv30~31. Campsitarus also has Ironshell / ghast at 30-33 if you plan to pull those mobs as well.

Usual setup for SMN burns is like 6SMN with one being the sync, or 5SMN and random ____Job for sync, no? Each pull will require multiple astral flows to kill anyhow so try to keep 5~ SMN in the party atleast, just as you would in korroloka^^

I hope this helps, Enygma~
 Bismarck.Enygma
By Bismarck.Enygma 2010-04-27 02:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll basically i heard from the people i saw doing it there, that you can do same setup as korr burn, except its a 24-26 sync, but they logged and i forgot their names before i could ask them where the camp was or what pulls to use...

It would be nice to have a back up for the tunnel if its taken, u know? :P
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-27 02:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys, I am definitely not a burn-master !!!! As you all can tell, LOL.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-04-27 11:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently there are 2 better zones to pull than korroloka tunnel but we all know summoner burns are based off lazy people to get to 75 therefore no ones been a pioneer. I have had long talks with gms keeping them on my good side incase people do diaga etc . they have suggested in there own personal play time and experience yuhtunga jungle and ordelles caves served the highest amount of xp and ease of pulls. as far as sea serpent grotto goes there are too many turns and too much water to pull by which would be a leech disaster not to mention the only being able to go up and down in certain areas and the mobs levels vary way to much.
I would suggest trying ordelles one pull left side one pull right side i think best place to burn would be in the stroper rooms or somewhere in the middle. as for yuhtunga ive began my math on mobs mob levels and have practice pulled there. seems mobs depop there easy so alot of mobs would need to be treated like leeches in the tunnel. slow and steady and meet in the middle. im not an expert but im good at pulling so if you want any tips pm me on here or use my email k thx
[+]