Pixie In The Dunes!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Pixie in the dunes!
Pixie in the dunes!
 Ifrit.Fiyerooz
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Fiyerooz
By Ifrit.Fiyerooz 2010-04-24 09:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was soloing RDM in the dunes earlier and I saw a Pixie floating about. It wasn't one of those VNM it was a regular mob. I guess SE was right about Pixies showing up in the present! Yay!

Oh...Ifirt server btw

Oh...and someone just saw one in Konschtat too
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-04-24 09:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They should put a couple of pixies around oasis in VD.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-24 09:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Screenshot or it didnt happen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-24 09:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been lots of screens of pixies in present areas already.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-24 09:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
There have been lots of screens of pixies in present areas already.
[+]
 Ramuh.Jadell
Server: Ramuh
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2010-04-24 09:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was running to Giddeus one day and right as i rounded the bend to zone in a pixie came flying by. I called a GM and asked him about it.

He lol'd saying he could appreciate my shock and dismay at seeing a pixie so far from its home and how disconcerting it must be. Laughingly I agreed. He said that she obviously was being disruptive and that they would definately look into her behavior!

He apologized for her behavior and the shock it must have caused me. It was a funny conversation. I never saw her there again... poor thing must be floating around in GM jail.
[+]
 Ifrit.Fiyerooz
user: Fiyerooz
By Ifrit.Fiyerooz 2010-04-24 09:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Screen Shot

[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-04-24 09:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall correctly dont pixies appear in the present if enough Bottled pixies are traded to the spring in the past, if thats the case maybe the new cure potency staff that requires bottled pixies to be traded is the reason theyve recently started to appear in the present?
[+]
 Bismarck.Aena
Server: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2010-04-24 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the same spot as here~ :D
I wonder if pixie hate/affinity is reset at certain times, though, or if some players are killing the pixies that pop up in the present. ><

"It would be an awkward situation if monsters in the present world were to become extinct as the result of events in the past. However, this may not necessarily be negative.
If the players do ‘something’ in the past world, there could be positive consequences in the present one.
For example, if the players were to save a Pixie in the past, Pixies would exist in the present. For the time being though, there aren’t many cases of this." @naysayers, I thought this was known @_@
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2010-04-24 10:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

seen one in RF on Siren a few days in a row now, wandering around the Eldritch edge pop area.
 Ifrit.Cright
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-04-24 11:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the Pixie in the Dunes and the asshat who killed it.

I also found the one in the Highlands.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-24 11:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always been possible, I remember hearing reports of them being seen not that long after WotG was released. However, while releasing bottled pixies helps them to appear in the present, I believe killing them in the past does the opposite. This explains why they're pretty much never been seen, thanks to Dark Ixion and Stygian Ash. So I'm wondering, A: do they still drop ash in the present, and B: does killing them in the present have any effect on them staying here?
[+]
 Ifrit.Cright
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-04-24 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they drop the ash in the present, so says the asshat.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-24 11:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then don't call him an asshat lol. If he's after the ash, I'd rather people kill them in the present and there's no pixie for 5 minutes, then have them kill them in the past, and there's no pixies ever again as soon as the magian quest loses popularity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-24 11:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the pixies, and yes I was being pedantic with my previous "ss or it didnt happen" post. I got raised by one in Valkurm just this morning, after bungholes started to sleep claim pets around me (damn BLU's) and laugh as I died to my EM target railing on me.

I came back on RDM75/BST37 and they very quickly found that killing charmed pets results in no exp. They apologised, I switched back, and all of a sudden there were pets aplenty, and their PL even raised me with a smile the next time charm turned on me.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-04-24 11:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does killing them in the present effect them though? If you think about it, the Pixies are in the present because they survive the war, and the Beastmen don't kill them off. Killing Pixies in the present would lower the numbers to the point they don't appear if my logic is right..

Also though, there could of been lots of Pixie smex and there be enough of them to kill in the present, I don't know.
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-04-24 12:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I made sure there was now one less pixie in the dunes ... and I now have an ash from it too ^^

Call me an asshat too, if you like - I figure I'm going to make up for it when I have to release the pixies for my cure staff. Was quite fun killing a TW------ pixie ^^
 Asura.Despayn
Server: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-24 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice addition really, but really just comes to show that SE is really watering down the difficulty of this game for new players.

Really.
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-04-24 12:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that trading bottled pixies to the fay spring makes more pop and the curing potency trial of the magians last trial happens to be trading 10 bottled pixies
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-24 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i saw one too when i was farming Ram :) i was WTF!!! is this a glitch and find out it was from recent update :)

What i find funny is they are lv8!! ahahaha

What they do?!? Cure 1/Raise 1? lol
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-24 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Yes i saw one too when i was farming Ram :) i was WTF!!! is this a glitch and find out it was from recent update :) What i find funny is they are lv8!! ahahaha What they do?!? Cure 1/Raise 1? lol

The Pixies themselves have always been able to pop in the present if a server as a whole releases enough Bottled Pixies. The new WHM Staff trial gives people more incentive to release them, though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-24 13:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

oh that explain it. thanks for the right info Kojo.