Forum » FFXI » General » Quad Boxing
Quad Boxing
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-22 15:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My boyfriend and I both have separate accounts. He also has another account with a 70 RDM we used to PL ourselves on occasion. I have another account (bringing the total up to 4) that my brother briefly used. So here we are with four accounts and I'm ready to try something new.

Our current setup is:

NIN x1 (me)
DRG x1 (boyfriend)
RDM x1 (boyfriend)
DRK x1 (friend who plays nightly with us)
____ <--- What should this be? (me)

I'd like to throw in that fourth box into the mix. I'm not sure what it should be. Obviously I'd prefer a job that doesn't need 100% attention to perform basic duties. We don't intend on doing anything too serious just maybe light xp parties, MMM runs or NM camping.

Do any of you have any recommendations as to what the fourth boxes job should be?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 15:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That wouldn't really qualify as quad boxing. Would be two people dual boxing.

That being said, support job. Brd
[+]
 Siren.Pantmonkey
Server: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2010-04-22 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

COR or BRD
If ur tanking, throw up 4 shaddows, then switch PoL's and go pull, u can macro all 4 songs into one macro on brd, so u pull, bring it back, sleep it and then sing all 4 songs in 3 macro's whilst u tank the remaining monster, revoke a new one and repeat.

Ud be better off even making TP burns pt's. So as NIN u only first voke, as u loose hate go pull again whilst u leave ur NIN to TP afk almost.

BRDs are a pain in the *** to find, ur better off being one, esp as that set up is nice, dual brds, or cor/brd is nice too, and u dont have to pull then!

THats just for XP tho imho
[+]
 Fenrir.Anberlin
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-22 16:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking along the lines of a support job so these posts really reiterate that. Sounds like BRD or COR would be the way to go. I know BRD can autopilot pretty well with macros, what about COR? I thought they focused on gun damage. Comparing the two jobs, isn't BRD preferable to COR for buffs? COR focusing on buffs AND ranged damage?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd is going to be better. For buffs, they can be similar depending on what you have and your gear/previous buffs, but brd also gets elegy, which is 50% slow. Epic to any lowman group.
[+]
 Fenrir.Anberlin
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-22 17:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense Tiger.

I'd prefer to have light-based lullaby anyway for bad pulls in MMM. The bats laugh at Sleep every single time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dricent
Server: Bismarck
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-04-22 17:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya that's just 2 people dual boxing. Now if I had access to 2 other accounts I would be quad boxing cause my sysytem can handle it and the
fact that if 4 people in my party were all me well....
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-22 17:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, if you can only have one buff job in your party, you want Bard. The other buff jobs really shine when they're all put in combination with other buff jobs. Like BRD COR DNC in one party is hotsex, etc.

BRD COR > BRD BRD, etc
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 17:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiger Ninnian > Tiger Tiger!
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-22 19:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a JP on Ragnarok who triple boxes. Playing a single character is enough for me, I don't know how someone can manage to handle 3 or 4 at once.
 Bismarck.Dricent
Server: Bismarck
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-04-22 19:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 3 at once before. Mind you in order to be handle all 3 at once I had each character on a separate screen. And my system can support 4+ screens.
By tingletaru 2010-04-23 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My system could support 4+ screens several years ago. If I had enough accounts, I'd love to see how many boxes I could pull up at once on my new computer! :D Anberlin and I really do have 4 systems to play on though... PS3, Xbox, PC, and laptop. I still prefer to truly dual-box rather than have multiple instances of Windower open on my computer. For some reason it just annoys me.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-23 12:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

well idk about quad boxing, but i did dual boxing for very long time, is pretty much more easy then ppl think, since you control 2 element in the game, leaving the random stuff not happening much. Like if you tanking, you know when your shadow is down and need special attention on cure.

Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2010-04-23 12:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I know a JP on Ragnarok who triple boxes. Playing a single character is enough for me, I don't know how someone can manage to handle 3 or 4 at once.

Team Blm

http://pics.livejournal.com/izildur/pic/00052c2y

what people would typically say when they found out the WHOLE party was just me at events etc

:( :( :( Thats not nice to say lol

Behind the scene !!

http://pics.livejournal.com/izildur/pic/00053qsy

PS: Have also self XPd (controlling 6) both TP burn and manaburn style - played the whole tank party at a sky gods raid and some other stuff... but really dont care much for serious multi boxing these days. Just dont let anything hold you back or tell you it cant be done - if you want to try something - do it - stick with it - and have fun !

Fenrir.Anberlin
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-23 12:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Izilder said:
PS: Have also self XPd (controlling 6) both TP burn and manaburn - played the whole tank party at a sky gods raid and some other stuff... but really dont care much for serious multi boxing these days. Just dont let anything hold you back or tell you it cant be done - if you want to try something - do it - stick with it - and have fun !

Awesome Izilder!

i don't think I could personally box anything more than two at a time but this is inspiring.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-23 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

nice setup man :) your own manaburn PT, hell i swear i could do that too. Lucky you, leave us some fun!!! =)

p,s: your own smn burn pt? lol 50k/h ftw XD
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2010-04-23 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i did recently think how could i solo astral flow inc pulls,hold,burn. im not saying any more!!

By Zekko 2010-04-23 14:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

6 boxing would be pretty epic, if you were that good at multi tasking. I use to triple box and recently bought another pc so i would have tried quad boxing if i was still playing :/
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-23 20:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to REALLY like FFXI to pay for 6 accounts. :O
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2010-04-24 03:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i did once upon a time lol - and my inspiration was this french guy who used to play 10 accounts in his own LS.

feel free to check this video and notice the pld blms brd and whm, basically the whole party bar 2 ppl was the same guy.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v6590481CGnWhkpB

By Yentruc 2010-04-24 10:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Brd would be your best bet with the extra refresh and haste for your Nin tank.

I used to dual box which now i play 3 at the same time. Best setup ive had is blu/nin, thf/war, and whm/blm. It may seem hard to do but with a macro book setup on the whm with /ma "cure" Name. Was pretty easy to cure the other two. This setup was in the dunes and i leveled really quickly.

Trying to level 3rd char. again so i can play with my step cousin who also dual boxes. Our setup is going to be,

Nin - cousin
Thf - cousin
Drg - me
brd - me
rdm - me

I'm leveling Mnk atm so its been in the place of the drg. The cousin is head over heals for haste so that's the build were going for.

I know some one who plays 6 at once on carbuncle he's a great guy and has mad skills. Thdrbolt aka: Thunder Train.

Sorry to blab on and on about the subject but its cool knowing others that dual/ whatever box.

ALSO: My tip to you, /assist macros are your best friends. :P