Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » People who are quitting
People who are quitting
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 01:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you ever come across those people who are saying that they are quitting and to /check them.. but all the stuff they are selling is just insanely overpriced... and when you ask them why they are selling anything because they are quitting.. they just get pissed...
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-04-21 01:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zarthinius said:

btw bro this isnt myspace! dont have avatars like that
lmfao
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 01:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

omg.. its not myspace.. duh. lol
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-21 01:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're a girl then it's ok right?
[+]
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 01:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess. lol
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-21 01:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll tell you why.

Quiting is seen to the quiter as a means for extra cash. Even if they are against selling their account or they won't get ***for the account itself (because their only 75 was dragoon) you can liquidate your assets quickly and sell the gil off of the character often for 30/a mil. I wouldn't sell to RMT but like if you know a buddy who wants your gil, you need cash, hes a real dude and not some chinesse in a RMT sweat shop busting his *** for rice tonight then sell to the buddy and avoid contributing to the evil of RMT spam tells. Some people frown, ***, whine, cry, slit wrists over such a thought as doing something that violated the PRECIOUS EULA of FFXI. These people also have never used windower and play the game on 360 and have only recently achieved sky access. Back to the OP's question.

They lie to sell ***for more then its worth and move the gil to a better char.

Or they sell the gil.

In either case you'll find the items one or the other:

Heavily over priced using their "quiting" as a gimmick.
or
Decently discounted to move the product rather quickly.

Don't be too curious about what they tend to do with the gil, get yourself a Amemet Mantle+1 for 40k while you can.

Why they get mad: They have been asked that question all day since they started shouting and they don't want to repeat the same lie over and over.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-04-21 01:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also easier to quit the game when you just get rid of everything too. All your gil, all your gear. Just sell crap and give friends gil or some random newb.

That when if you have the urge to come back, you can remember that you're going to have to really work hard to farm to get some stuff back... and the urge to come back disappears. Or so I've seen that is how it works for a lot of my friends.
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 01:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-21 01:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekky said:
It's also easier to quit the game when you just get rid of everything too. All your gil, all your gear. Just sell crap and give friends gil or some random newb. That when if you have the urge to come back, you can remember that you're going to have to really work hard to farm to get some stuff back... and the urge to come back disappears. Or so I've seen that is how it works for a lot of my friends.

^

That also. You quit, get the urge in 2 months because 14 still isnt released and you want to play 11 till it comes out, well you remember you sold everything and deleted your toon so starting over would just plain suck balls. So you keep waiting for 14 and play 13 in the interim. :) Thats kinda where I'm at except I made money quiting :)
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-04-21 01:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Aiisriinn said:
lol.
It's true. My wife quit in November last year. And every once in awhile, she'll see me playing and want to reactivate her toon and remembers she sold all of her stuff and doesn't want to re-equip her jobs. So doesn't have the urge to play again.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-04-21 01:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
That also. You quit, get the urge in 2 months because 14 still isnt released and you want to play 11 till it comes out, well you remember you sold everything and deleted your toon so starting over would just plain suck balls. So you keep waiting for 14 and play 13 in the interim. :) Thats kinda where I'm at except I made money quiting :)
That's exactly what my lady is doing. She's been playing the crap out of XIII.
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 02:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

13 just didn't do it for me. I like going to epic towns and ***when i play FF games..
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-04-21 02:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah me too... I can't get a feel for it. Also Mass Effect is so much more fun. Along with MW2. Yeah.
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 02:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ya.. i play mw2 on ps3.. but its getting old
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-21 02:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

XIII was ok, but it didn't feel like a Final Fantasy, and the fact that leader dead = game over is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Recent good games I've played... although a bit old I recently completed Fahrenheit again (Indigo prophecy to you yanks).

Tales of Vesperia is win too.
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 02:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ya
By thefinalrune 2010-04-21 02:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When I quit I bazaar'd all my stuff at 50% the AH price or less and gave away all my gil to my friends. Wish I hadn't tossed all my r/ex stuff though. It sure made everything difficult when I came back a few months later.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-21 03:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it because its just so god damn gorgeous. The battle system wasnt so foreign to me because Im a fan of Rogue Galaxy and Valkyrie Profile 2 so the battle system wasnt so off the wall. The game is a little more forced with its linear aspect but thats the thing, your a fugitive I'Cie. You cant very well waltz on into any old town and *** around and talk to the local barkeep like previous FF titles. I mean *** even cloud could talk to 95% of the employees on the Shinra Building and no one suspected ***, and half of them gave him KEY CARDS TO GET TO THE PRESIDENT! so I understand where you guys are coming from with this, but every final fantasy tries to be different so I respect that and I keep my history of playing every single one and beating every single one and will continue to do so.

On a side note I preordered FF14 at gamestop for PS3 :)

On an additional Sidenote FF13 is packed with cameo references to previous FF titles and your a winner if you catch them all in one play through :)

Hint: Hopes hometown Palumpolum is a conjunction of the names of the mage twins from Mysidia in FF4 Palum and Polum. :)