Forum » FFXI » General » Pixie
Pixie
 Bismarck.Animaal
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-04-09 03:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So i heard before Pixies can appear in the present if you do a certain quest enough and alot of people have to do it. but I've never seen one until now just floating around in the mountains.. i had to double check where the hell i was to make sure i wasn't in the past lol..

Don't know if there was another post about this

Anyone else seen pixies in the present?

Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-04-09 03:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yay for quests that make you do the bottled pixie quest forcing servers to get pixies in the present!
 Fairy.Sornstarguh
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Sornstarguh 2010-04-09 04:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw one floating near the OP in the dunes tonight. Poor thing doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell.
By Artemicion 2010-04-09 04:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a horrible feeling they're gonna get killed off very quickly in the present thanks to low level ignorance and/or elitest stupidity/troll-ness.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-04-09 06:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor things. I almost died three times while soloing, and they saved my ***.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-04-09 06:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They starting to appear more Frequently now. I think because of the last trial for the 15% cure potency staff, Trial 833 or something?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-09 07:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
yay for quests that make you do the bottled pixie quest forcing servers to get pixies in the present!

I have turned in atleast 10 bottled pixies =P
 Sylph.Vestal
Server: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-04-09 07:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Son of a ***! Pixies are taking over.
 Phoenix.Wayako
Server: Phoenix
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2010-04-09 09:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not seen them yet, but a lot of my friends have been seeing pixies in the present...and I heard from friends that the japanese players on phoenix recently coordinated a mass donating of bottled pixies so. :P
By Elwynbelwyn 2010-04-09 09:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw one in Buburimu on Sylph yesterday, and it's still around. But it's only one pixie and it apparently roams the entire zone. (as confirmed by Wide Scan and /follow) It checked as IT to a level 18 or so.

It seems they're suddenly showing up multiple servers now. Something must have changed recently to make then show up everywhere so suddenly. If there's a Magian trial that can cause them to appear by killing a lot of one specific mob type, that could account for it.

I need to check around in other zones too. If there's only one in a given zone (at least for now) and it roams the whole zone, it might be hard to find without Wide Scan.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-09 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I had heard about this way back when WoTG was first released but have never once seen or heard of it actually happening until now. I thought it was a myth haha. Don't some of the magian trials require you to release X number of pixies? If so that's probably why we're starting to see them in the present.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-04-09 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, one of the trails have you do the bottled pixie quest or something like that. Turning in bottled pixies cause a change in the "past" history or whatever you wanna call it forcing pixies to not be extinct. We're changing the present yo.

I just think it's kinda dumb that it only works for pixies. Some random *** Peiste in the present would be kewl D:

But hopefully noobs wont kill them off... gonna have to make some dunes pts and chase around pixies and force them to PL !!! muahaha

:3
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-09 11:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard of it, but never seen it.. We need moar Pixie.
By Schutz 2010-04-11 00:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was off in Buburimu on Hot & Cold on Fenrir and I spotted this one. It's kind of nice that they show up now, and hopefully it's related to player actions (releasing them via the quest) and not just due to mandatory populations for some Magian Trial.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-11 01:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In pashow marshlands... i know of a few people also that have seen some.. but this is the first time ive seen one with my own eyes in the present.. almost had to check my log to make sure i wasnt in the past, cause i was taken back for a second when i saw it
 Bismarck.Animaal
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-04-11 01:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
almost had to check my log to make sure i wasnt in the past

lol When I saw it I was like "*** when did i go thru the maw..."
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-11 14:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

exactly...but im glad they are popping up in the present now.. hopefully newbers wont kill them off