Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Trial of the Magians - Defense Oriented
Trial of the Magians - Defense Oriented
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-04-08 08:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So, from lurking around, I - as well as most everyone - have accepted that there's not really anything here that > Destroyers, not to mention greater than anything more difficult to obtain. (If I am wrong, please tell me.) But, I don't want to be left out of the joys of pounding on something for hours on end. I got to thinking that I could find a situational use for one of them. So, if it's not going to help me hit things, it may as well help me when I get hit.

So my question is, what are people's thoughts on what to pursue? I can go with Cat's Claws with either:

additional effect: Weakens Attk.+10
AGI+4, Evasion+12
VIT+4, Physical Damage -5%

I am not (yet) a math type, and my choice in gear is usually just based on what is obtainable by me and what "feels" right, so I am just out looking for opinions. Any thoughts, help, alternatives, whatever, would be at least interesting, and probably helpful.

Also... maybe Monks will get some new weapons next update? Ha ha. Take care, killers.
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-04-08 08:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would go with the weakens attk +10 as this will benefit everyone who is going to be hit by said mob. Lots of situations where that could be handy.

If you solo a lot maybe the Evasion?

Deoends what situation your aiming at when you say "situational" :)

GL whichever you choose, im on Lamprey Lord on my GK and cant for the life of me find a group that is hunting to take him down x6, if you hear anything PM me lol.
[+]
 Alexander.Kaizan
Server: Alexander
user: Kaizan
By Alexander.Kaizan 2010-04-08 08:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it really depends on your setups. For instance if you solo alot, I would go with the evasion weapon.......but it won't do a bit of good without an evasion setup.

Same thing with the physical dmg taken. The only reason I could see this is for a salvage boss, full time the weapon and when shadows are down equip the arhat+1 head, arhat+1 body, black belt, jelly ring, patronus ring, darksteel+1 (legs and feet), and denali hands....

Personally I think that for mnk still best hands are destroyers with an occasional use for hades sainti(not including relic of course), but as most things in this game, shits situational.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-04-08 09:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Kaizan said:
I think it really depends on your setups. For instance if you solo alot, I would go with the evasion weapon.......but it won't do a bit of good without an evasion setup......

Yeah, I am leaning toward the evasion, though I don't really have a lot of top shelf gear, or at least not yet. Did I sat a lot? I meant "any." But, I've got some decent eva stuff. So maybe that.

@Havster - I think there are two people in my LS doing GK, not sure about path though. I will ask, at least!