Forum » FFXI » General » AB level question
AB level question
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-08 02:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Say I have an alt character that is only used for PLing/Farming and I wanted to AB this character from 53-70ish.
About how many AB parties would that take?
By Ashaaman 2010-04-08 02:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about 350k experience. So... If the party avgs 30k/pull, about 12 pulls should get you to 70.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-08 03:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so new question...this guy just leeched an AB and didn't pay...can he get banned for it?
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-04-08 03:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

well yeah you provided a service he agreed to pay for just like teleporting for gil if they dont pay you can gm them doubt you will get any results thu GM arnt known for being to helpful
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-04-08 03:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can point the GM to pt chat or tell chat where he agreed you can GM him they may or may not do anything though. You should really make them pay before you kill the pull to prevent this :s
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-08 04:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said:
If you can point the GM to pt chat or tell chat where he agreed you can GM him they may or may not do anything though. You should really make them pay before you kill the pull to prevent this :s

True but at the same time, sometimes there is a bad pull or one of the smns screws it up at which time a person paying full price would get very ticked...
 Asura.Chexmix
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-04-08 04:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont normally charge people but the few that I have would have them pay the full amount, if something happened would refund them based on the amount of exp they received.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Psychoticenigma 2010-04-08 06:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said:
I dont normally charge people but the few that I have would have them pay the full amount, if something happened would refund them based on the amount of exp they received.

Remora... I mean Leviathan (I'm still not used to it) gets avg of 45-50k per pull >.> yah, Our pullers are that good. We charge 200k per pull round unless you can make some kind of deal with your puller. People that normally do not pay, are put on blacklists by pullers/known party leaders, and they're simply stricken from the "invite to AB parties" list... We don't waste our time on GM calls unless someone is threatening to mess with pulls, or purposely attacks unclaimed mobs (pulls) Yah I'm aware that it sounds odd.
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-04-08 06:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo pull 40k pulls, the only ***I cant get to without knowing everything is going to depop on me is back up by the spider NM, and back by cargo crab.

I charge 200k per pull and it takes me about 25 minutes to get all the mobs, and I make sure to collect payment before the pull starts, if they don't want to pay up I tell them sol and peace out.

only people who I don't make pay up front before service are returning happy customers :)
Server: Remora
By Remora.Psychoticenigma 2010-04-08 06:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
I solo pull 40k pulls, the only ***I cant get to without knowing everything is going to depop on me is back up by the spider NM, and back by cargo crab.

I charge 200k per pull and it takes me about 25 minutes to get all the mobs, and I make sure to collect payment before the pull starts, if they don't want to pay up I tell them sol and peace out.

only people who I don't make pay up front before service are returning happy customers :)

Pay-up-front = Nty

Pay puller 200k, someone eff's up the pull, puller says kthxbai! /ma "Warp" <me>
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-08 07:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GL with that guys 200k for a lv or 2 is just lol. I guess thats one of the reasons AB get bad names because of the greed
i can see like 50k tops for the trouble but 200k i might as well just start a regular xp prty for free. Its going to take atleast 30 min to do a AB, you can get a lv in atleast an hour in a normal xp prty, so why would i pay 200k to save 30 min lol
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-04-08 07:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
GL with that guys 200k for a lv or 2 is just lol. I guess thats one of the reasons AB get bad names because of the greed
i can see like 50k tops for the trouble but 200k i might as well just start a regular xp prty for free. Its going to take atleast 30 min to do a AB, you can get a lv in atleast an hour in a normal xp prty, so why would i pay 200k to save 30 min lol

Everyone has their own price for laziness. You really only start gaining 1 or 2 levels a burn post 65~ When you get that high you wont be getting 1 level an hour in a regular party unless its really good.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-08 07:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:

it isn't really the time they are saving, its the effort that they have to put in. Also, most people that leech (from what I've seen) are already 75 and just want easy merits or they are in the levels where 1 pull can easily net 5 levels
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-08 07:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
ABs don't get their bad name because of that.

ABs get their bad name because it creates noobs in jobs at 75.

Its about as bad as buying their characters. Which is partly what they did.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-08 08:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Odin.Kalico said:

[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-08 09:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Psychoticenigma said:
We don't waste our time on GM calls unless someone is threatening to mess with pulls, or purposely attacks unclaimed mobs.

What exactly would you say to a GM?

Mommy make him stop :P

"Hey Mr. GM, we're using Astral Flow in a way it was never intended and another player is attacking mobs that are unclaimed. This is ruining our burn party, Can you jail him or something?"

Even if some jealous player was pulling mobs to mess up your pulls I would think the GM would just give the standard response of 'Everyone has an equal right to the mobs'.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-04-08 10:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

200k per pull is alittle extreme if you ask me, id pay per to a certain lvl thats what i did when i needed some subs to 37. Think it cost me about 300k all together was about 3 pulls for both jobs, but if thats how it is now ill take my chance with exp parties from now on.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-04-08 10:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
We don't waste our time on GM calls unless someone is threatening to mess with pulls, or purposely attacks unclaimed mobs.

"Hey Mr. GM, we're using Astral Flow in a way it was never intended and another player is attacking mobs that are unclaimed. This is ruining our burn party, Can you jail him or something?"

Even if some jealous player was pulling mobs to mess up your pulls I would think the GM would just give the standard response of 'Everyone has an equal right to the mobs'.

Actually they're using Astral Flow in a way that has been DEEMED EXCEPTABLE BY SE! Just because you, if you were SE, would say it's bad, does not mean that SE employees aren't going to enforce their judgments. And if you purposefully screw with a pull you can be warned/jailed. It has happened.
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-04-08 10:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Because there arent legit players at 75 that still fail at their jobs.
 Caitsith.Trefold
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-04-08 11:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

Actually, I've gotten a guy jailed because he messed with our mobs. It's called harassment.
Asura.Chexmix said:

Remora... I mean Leviathan (I'm still not used to it) gets avg of 45-50k per pull >.> yah, Our pullers are that good. We charge 200k per pull round unless you can make some kind of deal with your puller. People that normally do not pay, are put on blacklists by pullers/known party leaders, and they're simply stricken from the "invite to AB parties" list... We don't waste our time on GM calls unless someone is threatening to mess with pulls, or purposely attacks unclaimed mobs (pulls) Yah I'm aware that it sounds odd.

200k? Really? A couple months ago I got 500k per pull, up to 2M from this one guy.. There are people desperate enough to not have to do normal party work. He paid us up front, went to work, and when he got back, he was the level he wanted to be.
[+]
 Caitsith.Trefold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-04-08 11:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ok so new question...this guy just leeched an AB and didn't pay...can he get banned for it?

Won't get banned maybe jailed, but like others said before, just get them to pay upfront next time. You're running the show, if they deem you respectable enough, they'll pay you first. So in case of a botched pull(SMNs suck, someone D/Cs, some *** *** with your mobs), you just pay them back. If you felt the run was good enough, then keep the cash. No different than any service an HNM shell provides. Just make sure you tell them their expected EXP return.

We had a sucky run one time with the guy I described above and I let him have that half-messed-up-pull for free.
 Caitsith.Trefold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-04-08 11:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Odin.Kalico said:

loool, noobs are always gonna be noobs. People like you make this game sound like rocket science. "There's no way you can learn how to play a job that you AFBurn!!"

When in fact, most jobs are played completely different when in an end game scenario than an exp party one. PLD is often /nin, which hardly ever happens in an exp party. All it is about is knowing game mechanics.

If you're not a tardbucket, then you can learn to play any job within a week. Add another week in for skilling up if you did it from the ground up and if you had no other jobs with the same skills.

Seriously people, this game isn't some age old science that "takes years to master".
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-08 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Trefold said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Odin.Kalico said:

loool, noobs are always gonna be noobs. People like you make this game sound like rocket science. "There's no way you can learn how to play a job that you AFBurn!!"

When in fact, most jobs are played completely different when in an end game scenario than an exp party one. PLD is often /nin, which hardly ever happens in an exp party. All it is about is knowing game mechanics.

If you're not a tardbucket, then you can learn to play any job within a week. Add another week in for skilling up if you did it from the ground up and if you had no other jobs with the same skills.

Seriously people, this game isn't some age old science that "takes years to master".
No, its not as hard to "master" a job as it was years ago.

But when you get noobs who think that Burn is just INT- for the mob, so they cast Burn on every sleeping mob so the "sleeps can last longer" then thats when I have a problem.

Kindof hurts in some things where it requires a lot of crowd control. But then again, they "know" what they are doing even though they AB their job.

My favorite quote:
<Noob> Why does your nukes land so strong?
<Me> I merited INT 5/5
<Noob> But I thought STR increases damage for everything?!?! You are a failmage
/disband
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-04-08 12:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
But when you get noobs who think that Burn is just INT- for the mob, so they cast Burn on every sleeping mob so the "sleeps can last longer" then thats when I have a problem.

Kindof hurts in some things where it requires a lot of crowd control. But then again, they "know" what they are doing even though they AB their job.

But obv if they leveled blm through soloing and manaburn parties they would know it right? Since elemental DoTs are always used in those. Even if the person in question leveled blm they may still not know because really its not used 1-75 in a normal setting.

and again.. I've met plenty of people that leveled their jobs to 75 legitly and "know" what they are doing. If someone wants to be good at 75 they will regardless of how they get there, if they dont they wont.
 Sylph.Darkillusion
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Darkillusion 2010-04-08 12:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
My favorite quote:
<Me> I merited INT 5/5
/disband

lol...this reminds me of a PLD who kept saying that poison lowered his def, even thou every other member of the PT was telling him Dia did that.
By Inga 2010-04-08 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:

Pay-up-front = Nty

Pay puller 200k, someone eff's up the pull, puller says kthxbai! /ma "Warp" <me>

Reimbursement? lol I'm not a jew ffs
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-08 22:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a lot of people saying "it's not hard to learn your job at 75" have forgotten what it was like leveling their first job to 75. Even if you do it the old fashioned way it's still a lot to take in.

I've been playing since the ps2 release and I always take my time when leveling a job even to this day. I find that when I level a new job I find myself asking myself questions about the job I never even considered until I started leveling it. I also do as much as I can with a job I'm currently leveling other than exp.

This game isn't a race to the end game like most MMO's are, this game actually does have content before level 75.

When you take your time leveling a job you *gasp* do things other than level it! CoP missions, capped BCNM's, nation rank missions, earlier add-on missions, ect. Which in turn....wait for it....wait for it....you learn how to play your job outside the controlled environment of exp pt's before level 75! It's a shocking thought I know! Doing stuff other than exp'ing before 75. But it is possible.

AB pt's effectivly negate both these things. Why bother doing any of that when you can leech an AB instead? Thus indirectly resulting in a larger number of lackluster players.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-08 22:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
\

My favorite quote:
<Me> I merited INT 5/5
/disband

find this really hard to believe
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-08 22:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Asura.Korpg said:
\

My favorite quote:
<Me> I merited INT 5/5
/disband

find this really hard to believe
I don't.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-08 22:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe someone just *** with korpg and his supermassive ego, but noone who plays this game thinks that

you dont invite or accept invites from a blm/war24