Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » blu gear ?
blu gear ?
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-04-07 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

4dex/4str. or 11str. -6 dex for casting the big three which is better?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-07 15:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is accuracy capped even with Alkys?

Yes -> Alkys for Frenetic Rip and Disseverment, Enkidu's for Hysteric Barrage
No -> Enkidu's Mittens for all
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-04-07 15:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Enkidu mittens vs alky bracelets? Considering the big three have both STR and DEX mods (hysteric barrage says DEX but STR still has some part in it IMO or everyone would load up CHR for bludgeon instead of STR), and alky bracelets takes away from the DEX dex mod but adds to the STR. If STR has the same mod as DEX in the big three, you'd have 11 STR - 6 DEX, which would be the equivalent to +5 to your total modifiers. But with Enkidu you have 4 STR + 4 DEX, which adds up to 8 to your total mods, which is higher than alky's.

I say enkidu mittens, especially because enkidu adds some accuracy too, which is needed for more consistent damage (for all the hits to connect). I use alky bracelets for cannonball/vertical cleave, since STR+VIT and DEF or just pure STR are modifiers (respectively) and I use enkidu mittens for the big three.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but all spells have fstr which chances are it is uncapped since your fstr caps are equivalent to that of a 126 dmg weapon.

While say Frip/disservement only have 20% str/dex mods while barrage has 30% dex. Those get lvl corrected to .166 and .249.

Which mean assuming uncapped fstr str will be .416 on first 2 and .25 on barrage. While dex will add .166 and .249

Now on CA the stat mods are doubled so str would be .582 and .25. While dex would be .332 and .498
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-07 16:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to use alkeys on both disservment and frenretic rip till I got enkidus and I found ekidus did more dmg and hit more often.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-04-07 16:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done testing with both. Mind you I use sole sushi+1 always on blu and have 8/8 skill and 5/5 potency.

Even with all the acc all that brings, hitting every hit of barrage and disseverment is still a challenge. I'd say about 75% of my big 3 casts land all hits.

Personally for the big 3 I use Enkidus. And for cannonball/vertical cleave I use alkys.

What you could do is try and augment your alkys for some dex back and maybe get lucky and get acc on them as well.

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 16:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in all reality even with capped acc the chnace of hitting 5/5 hits is 77%. Though getting 3/3 Frip is more like 85%
[+]