Iota Ring Worth It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Iota Ring Worth It?
Iota Ring Worth It?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-09 09:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The point is - don't go talking about someone else using a not-so-good alternative when you are in the same boat yourself.
And I might add then get all defensive and make up excuses lol. So silly and sad.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-09 09:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. All the acc rings that are above +5 are really expensive.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2010-04-09 09:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Exactly. All the acc rings that are above 5 are really expensive.

^ QFT
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-09 09:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't have an Iota Ring but I wouldn't say no to one. It's not that bad for two handers; better than Snipers, just not as good as Toreadors. Since a Toreadors is ~3m, this is a nice, free alternative. It's only a little less accuracy.

It's probably not as efficient a use of Ichor as, say, a Morgana's Choker or Aslan Cape for your RDM, but if you haven't got anything else to spend the Ichor on, then Iota's okay imo. I don't know why anyone would call it crap - that it certainly is not.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-09 09:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Well I don't have an Iota Ring but I wouldn't say no to one. It's not that bad for two handers; better than Snipers, just not as good as Toreadors. Since a Toreadors is ~3m, this is a nice, free alternative. It's only a little less accuracy.

It's probably not as efficient a use of Ichor as, say, a Morgana's Choker or Aslan Cape for your RDM, but if you haven't got anything else to spend the Ichor on, then Iota's okay imo. I don't know why anyone would call it crap - that it certainly is not.
I was just looking through the Ichor items and thought the same thing.

Morgana's, Aslan, Ritter Gorget. After that it's just 'which item do I want to blow my ichor on now?'. I'm sure I'll end up with them all eventually anyway.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-09 09:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The Italian girl is correct.
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-04-09 09:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Iota ring is crap, whenever I see someone using it I know they're a bad player.
Headlong belt is crap, whenever I see someone using it I know they're a bad player.
I lol'd

Screw you guys! just started playing a year ago and couldnt find people to start a CoP static with, one more fight and I can get my swift though
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-09 09:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

WHOOSH
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-09 14:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The point is - don't go talking about someone else using a not-so-good alternative when you are in the same boat yourself.
uh? A woodsman ring is 50k which is 4000000x easier/faster to get than 15k Ichor for Iota, I can't buy a swift belt. Your argument is completely flawled. You're going out of your way to DOWNGRADE an item. I'm already aware iota is fine for 2h, I was talking about 1h jobs using Iota.

Go to AH, spend 50k, save your 15k ichor if you're a 1h job.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-09 14:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
And I might add then get all defensive and make up excuses lol. So silly and sad.
Yes, you're right, explaining to someone how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE their comment is = being defensive.

Nice gear sets, did you roll your face across the keyboard when making them?
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-09 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Yes, you're right, explaining to someone how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE their comment is = being defensive.

Ramuh.Dasva said:
WHOOSH

indeed
[+]
 Sylph.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2010-04-09 15:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Iota is an excellent ring for certain jobs. I macro it in for Raging Rush (I tp in Rajas and Blitz). It's definately better than your standard 5 accuracy rings for 2 handers, and even for 1 handers provided you have enough dex. As for all the talk about it being difficult to get.... i'm not sure where that's coming from. Even if your linkshell doesn't do Einherjar I'm POSITIVE another LS would let you tag along for ampoules and help out if they have open slots (most do, since you can take 36 people in). Anyways, it's worth getting based simply on the fact that it's FREE. Good luck and hope u get what u want!
[+]
By Inga 2010-04-09 15:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:

Headlong belt is crap, whenever I see someone using it I know they're a bad player.
Yes, I'm a bad player because I'm 0/4 on the belt dropping.

Go clone yourself, so you can go *** yourself.

Sadly I agree, 0/6 on Swift. Just waiting 'til the June update for CoP area cap to disappear at this point so I can spend a day spamming it.
*Let the rate downs begin!*

I went 1/22 on Swift Belt, but it didn't stop me from going daily until I got it to drop, anyone one who steps down to getting that belt needs to have their POL account suspended until they learn from their poor choices.

As for Iota Ring, I never really liked it, I thought it was kind of a poor persons choice if they couldn't afford a sniper's ring, I do have one, I used to use it and I wasn't really impressed with it at all, now I'm debating weather or not to throw it in my Blade: Jin macro or not.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-09 15:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

It does seem defensive when someone only made a comment about your gear similar to the comment you made about other gear, and you respond with demands about cloning and self-***. Just saying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-09 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
You're going out of your way to DOWNGRADE an item.

Hey guys, is denali head > wala turban?
Can of worms.jpg

No, but seriously, that was a bit harsh of a statement given you don't have 'the norm' for gear.
Sylph.Kozuki said:

So was this.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-09 17:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Yes, you're right, explaining to someone how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE their comment is = being defensive. Nice gear sets, did you roll your face across the keyboard when making them?
Ramuh.Dasva said:
WHOOSH
indeed
Indeed way too much whooshing. Especailly since I think there isn't an item I own that is as bad as headlong belt lol. Then again coming from someone who thinks headlong is good and Iota bad can't really expect her to know what good gear is. Then again seeing as you can't even seem to get a swift belt which any bst can duo/solo I guess homam is so far beyond you that you have no clue how to compare it to your lol gear
Sylph.Kozuki said:
uh? A woodsman ring is 50k which is 4000000x easier/faster to get than 15k Ichor for Iota, I can't buy a swift belt. Your argument is completely flawled. You're going out of your way to DOWNGRADE an item. I'm already aware iota is fine for 2h, I was talking about 1h jobs using Iota. Go to AH, spend 50k, save your 15k ichor if you're a 1h job.
It turns out if you do einharjar ichor is actually 1billion times easier to get. You just have extra. Iota is better than woodsman period. No -stats. About the same acc. Increased crit hits. Possible stat mods. And I've seen shouts of people mercing swift belt for 100k last time I saw one. I've even seen one for 500k where they provided the pop items and the person with hate until it dropped for you. As far as acc ring you could just spend your extra ichor and have a ring for all your jobs. Oh and ya know something that is way superiour for any job that has multi hit ws that has agi dex or vit mods. Or thf just because of SA ws.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-09 18:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

lol u mad?

edit: and i was hoping this thread wouldnt die down that easy, my comment was pure gold

[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-09 18:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:

This is what you said, missy.
I see nothing about "ohlol1handersonry."
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 03:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys do know dex for crit works on tiers right? So if the 3 dex doesnt break a tier for you, your crit hit rate will not go up.

And jesus chirst, its a damn headlong belt. Its not like shes using a Warwolf belt or something in her TP set.

Or should we get on everyone that uses a swift belt cause V belt is better?

Or hell, even if you have a V belt, you're gimp cause N sash is better.

Inb4 "LULZ BUT SWIFT IS EASIER TO GET!" Since you can control drop rates. >_>
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-10 04:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@Dasva(I heard you were a complete retard on ramuh and terrible at this game btw)
No prudence torque?

Gimp much?

10 acc 10 attk mirke? really? I guess 3% dw is worse than 10 attk brb tping in okotes over dusk gloves!

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=117585

You have literally ZERO IDEA how macc/int/ele skill works. Just quit talking, stop thinking, quit playing, and sell your account to some RMT, he'll put it to better use.

@Airbag, Really? You think with your ONE level 75 job, which isn't even very well geared at all, gives you the right to even THINK about commenting on a headlong belt vs swift, let alone say it? Seriously?
How are those 2 int boots going? Assaults too difficult to do for a 100% DROP RATE(buyable) item that's better than everything besides 5/5 morrigans? 4 int ring instead of a 5? You have no room to talk, so don't even reply to me, actually, don't even post on these forums again.
[+]
By Ashaaman 2010-04-10 04:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

LULZ BUT SWIFT IS EASIER TO GET!

Had to do it. /shrug
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-10 04:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Exactly. All the acc rings that are above 5 are really expensive.

Also, with the level cap increasing Fairly shortly (About two months) it's very dangerous to invest in expensive AH gear right now. There's no telling what (If anything) will come out that will make things like Sniper's/Woodsman's/Toreador's Crash, and it's not an unprecedented event for that to happen, just ask any Leathercrafter. (Pre 2007)

Accuracy is also one of the most misunderstood statistics, it is either the most important to melee, or the most worthless. So it really depends on what you do, what you need, and many other factors.

And just because I want to be part of the baseless elitist flamewar.

MARS'S RING OR GTFO THX LOL U SUK.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-04-10 04:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zilant Ring! Has as much acc as Mars and the 3 Dex might help you break crit tiers! ohohoho... And it's free :D
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-10 04:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Zilant Ring! Has as much acc as Mars and the 3 Dex might help you break crit tiers! ohohoho... And it's free :D

Hasn't even been found yet I think. As if VNM wasn't bad enough with the upwards of 100 kills just to evolve a clear to a colorful, let's *** it up more by making rings 5%. AWESOME!
 Seraph.Sigmund
Premium
Server: Seraph
user: Sigmund
By Seraph.Sigmund 2010-04-10 07:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you call some on a Bad player if they use this ring. Especially if they are using for a TP ring the dex will give another crit usually every TP build round. Plus the +1 acc ring are astronomically priced. It's not a WS piece except for a couple jobs pending your set up. My point is that this a decent challenge to tough TP ring build ring for the normal players. I have one and use it on DRK for my TP build and enjoy the extra stats over a Woodsman Ring.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 07:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
@Dasva(I heard you were a complete retard on ramuh and terrible at this game btw)
Interesting considering the fact that people specifically ask me to join them in doing stuff and always ask me how to do something even if it somethign I have never shown any experience doing. Every group I am currently a part of I was asked to join. While other members had to try and apply to get in. Theres a few more I could be doing that people have asked but yeah don't feel like it. Oddly enough I don't need to hear anything but what you typed here to know you are a horrible player
Sylph.Kozuki said:
No prudence torque?
Oh no I'm missing 2 int on all my nukes greater than 51%. Whatever will I do about that 8-9 dmg per nuke!?! Oh wait I'm in the process of getting Lemegeton Medallion +1... apparently at least one ls over here can't find a crafter and what do you know I can.
Sylph.Kozuki said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=117585
Oh no a gear set showing the max possible macc/elemental skill combo... yeah way to go quoting that as if it means something.
Sylph.Kozuki said:
10 acc 10 attk mirke? really? I guess 3% dw is worse than 10 attk brb tping in okotes over dusk gloves!
See this just shows how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE you are. You don't even consider the fact( or Idk just actually look at the item sets that you say you looked at) and see that I tp in 4% haste. To even further show your lack of reading skills the only way you could have seen that I have 10acc/att on it is to check my ws set... in which case the heca +1 hands should've been a big give away that it ain't a tp set. Heres a protip for you: 4% haste >>>>>>>>> 3% DW. 10att/acc>>> than anything but skadi for thf ws.
Sylph.Kozuki said:
You have literally ZERO IDEA how macc/int/ele skill works. Just quit talking, stop thinking, quit playing, and sell your account to some RMT, he'll put it to better use.
Now you just getting desperate and making stuff up without even given up made up proof/reasons. But really you are a sad sad troll. Either that or really have no idea what is going on. Not sure which would be better

While we are at gear then. Get some dusk +1 boots. They only like 3.5 mil. And if you want to QQ about money well theres a cuch mantle in there... rajas ring where? What why don't you have a love torque!?!

What no Novio earring!?! Relic belt etc? And good luck nuking anything hard in that setup lol. Seriously only +48 int and 25 skill and no macc except maybe MKE head on ice nukes and you still can only scrape together 12 MAB for dmg? Assuming you are hume that puts you at 125ish int and 297 skill if fully merited and only nuking ice without obi + whatever that head is giving you. Lulz if you do know how int/macc/skill works then you are purposefully gearing for resist which is even funnier. The funniest part is my rdm nuke set which isn't really used that much has like 10 more int, 4 more MAB, and while it has 5 less skill it has 11 more macc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-10 07:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I have an Iota ring, my only 75 jobs are PLD + RDM.

While on PLD I like a Hercules' / Jelly Ring combo there will be that time when i'm against a magic casting mob and don't want to be using Jelly so I would switch to Iota.

But since I got Rajas it builds up the cobwebs.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-10 09:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva, just stop. For some reason you have it in your head that SCH can't nuke at all.

Why do you have Valkyrie's Hat in your "max resist build" when BLM Relic hat is +10 Skill?

I think you are missing the point, if you are going to call people out over something like hedlong belt vs swift belt, then people will call you out if you are missing gear that is clearly better and not that hard to get.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-10 10:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Dasva, just stop. For some reason you have it in your head that SCH can't nuke at all.

Why do you have Valkyrie's Hat in your "max resist build" when BLM Relic hat is 10 Skill?

I think you are missing the point, if you are going to call people out over something like hedlong belt vs swift belt, then people will call you out if you are missing gear that is clearly better and not that hard to get.
Lol not at all. However I seriously doubt a sch with less macc int and MAB then my rdm can nuke that well.

Meh I like I taking more dmg. It was mostly to see how much macc instead of skill I could get.

And you are missing the entire point of this.
1: I wasn't the one to point out the headlong belt

2: The only reason anyone pointed out headlong belt on her is because she said "Iota ring is crap, whenever I see someone using it I know they're a bad player." No one was going omg headlong belt is so garbage don't wear it. They are just saying that someone who says something like that shouldn't be. The really funny part is my gear is overall way better than most and aside from af+1 and some magian weapons there is pretty much little room for improvment that is easy to get.

Way to not read the thread. And another one gets whooshed
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7