Merge RUINED Campaign
First Page 2
 Sylph.Phatdade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: phatdade
By Sylph.Phatdade 2010-03-26 02:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone on a merged server finding that campaign battles are 50 people bum rushing the mobs, dragging them out of zones as parties, and no one raising because it's so nerfed they are all just out for their own XP and chivalry be damned?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Zythum
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Zythum
By Gilgamesh.Zythum 2010-03-26 02:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's a normal campaign you are talking about XD
[+]
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-26 02:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i tried for hours to campaign and because server doubled in population theres now twice the people per campaign battle. I mean I was in one earlier and if i was still on seraph i was used to 1k+ xp this one lasted over 30 mins and netted me 275 xp...... so much for my hopes of getting the new ws weapons.....
[+]
 Sylph.Kajihime
user: Chobit
By Sylph.Kajihime 2010-03-26 02:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

true... i noticed the same thing.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-26 02:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to say it, but pretty much any medium to high populated server will have campaign be exactly like that. It's not new news =/
[+]
 Sylph.Phatdade
user: phatdade
By Sylph.Phatdade 2010-03-26 02:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah well screw that. I liked living in Podunk Vana'diel.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2010-03-26 02:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruined our chances to a degree for the time being to get modest exp, but I think that once we start steadily holding enemy forts and get Roundels and other goodies more often on the AH and in our inventories, it will easily make up for it to most of us.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-26 03:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Try campaign on Carby. You won't even know why campaign keeps ending with no action until you eventually figure out all the JP players annihilate them at the zone line before they can even reach the fort. We can't even blame that on a merge. Our JP don't play around with Campaign @_@
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-26 03:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Try campaign on Carby. You won't even know why campaign keeps ending with no action until you eventually figure out all the JP players annihilate them at the zone line before they can even reach the fort. We can't even blame that on a merge. Our JP don't play around with Campaign @_@

lol'd
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-03-26 04:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright yes, part of this is the merge... but I think people are forgetting it's also the fact that they added new ranks and AN items, so people are spamming some Campaign battles to get them. I wouldn't be surprised if it went back to normal (or at least semi-normal within a week or two. :P
[+]
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-03-26 04:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

all the previously low populated servers with only 800-1.5K players caught up to the other higher populated servers finally with 3-5K -- sorry but I can't help but want to play the violin for them. :-P

The game is fun with more competition anyways!
[+]
By VonnTaru 2010-03-26 04:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Phatdade said:
Anyone on a merged server finding that campaign battles are 50 people bum rushing the mobs, dragging them out of zones as parties, and no one raising because it's so nerfed they are all just out for their own XP and chivalry be damned?
every day happenstance on siren :)
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-26 04:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
Alright yes, part of this is the merge... but I think people are forgetting it's also the fact that they added new ranks and AN items, so people are spamming some Campaign battles to get them. I wouldn't be surprised if it went back to normal (or at least semi-normal within a week or two. :P

Nice to see someone said it before me, but pretty much this. It was like this the last time they added new ranks too, if memory serves. At least on Hades it was.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-03-26 04:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is going nuts trying to get WoTG items and crap. It will die down over time.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-26 04:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:

wtf? Are the JPs on your server weak to kryptonite by any chance?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-03-26 05:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

wtf? Are the JPs on your server weak to kryptonite by any chance?

Indeed.. That's pretty hilarious.. At one point I considered trying to do that, but couldn't get the manpower to believe in my goal of screwing with everyone's heads..

Realistically, the heightened population will result in a greater number of people who could potentially campaign, and given that there are new campaign rewards, ranks, and a general invigoration to the Shadowreign areas, it only stands to reason that until the zerg mentality wears off, campaign may be a tad overcrowded.

You can still go campaign in Bastok areas. If your world is like ours, no one goes there. Ever.
[+]
 Sylph.Ixe
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-03-26 05:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Phatdade said:
Awwwwwwwwwe
Ill come campaign with you <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-26 05:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame /DNC not the merge
[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Server: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-03-26 06:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that most people don't seem to realize is that the server populations of the merged servers was not too much lower than the more populated servers. Take a look at the charts below and you'll see that its not outside the realm of possibility that SE will merge the remaining servers together at some point in the near future.

Edit: Blah, I can't make a proper table, follow this link instead:

Clicky
[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Server: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-03-26 07:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this idea from that link...

"The alternative might be for SE to make a free server transfer available from the 8 merged servers into the other ones, so that populations can balance out. Of course, it will all depend on how many people will want to abandon the big servers in favor of the other smaller 16 servers."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-03-26 07:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's exactly what happened when they released the bodies and the other goodies that came with it. It's simply a rush to get points so people can buy all the new items and stuff. Give it a few weeks and it will calm down a little at least.

On another note, your server (Lakshmi, I came from Garuda) holds about what, four non-Beastmen owned zones? On Garuda the beastmen never broke double digits. Already that is one of the biggest issues, since the fewer allied controlled zones, the more people pack into those zones. Whilst you can have amazing battles in beastmen areas (I watch the log to see who is being dispached where, and head to the relevant zone if it's beastmen controlled) since nobody goes there, the trouble is you can also get fortifications.

Already Garuda's influence is having a positive effect, as the allied forces look certain to take over the majority of the zones. Things will pick up once we control more zones, as well as in a few weeks when the rush dies down.

Edit: Having looked at the campaign zone, Sandy will be assaulting La Vaule next week. I don't know about Lakshmi but this happened every other week on Garuda. And infact, Windurst will be assaulting Castle O too. Bastok once again failing however lol.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-03-26 07:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe yeah...when I logged into Lakshmi for the first time from Garuda I was surprised by how many beastman owned areas there were! Campaign right now is pretty blah but like everyone is saying it should be fine soon ^^
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-03-26 08:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god I got my IR set before the merge... 250k allied notes now will take 6 months to get lol...

I am a big campaign battle fan, but now there are just too many ppl around. The good thing it that it gives me an excuse to go back an level some jobs a have in the 10s-20s (rdm, blm).

I think I'll unlock some OPs too in order to have more options where to go... Soloing imps on bst controlled zones is pretty solid exp. I am dying to see Castle Zv.
[+]
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-03-26 08:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how everyone claims merge ruined campaign and how all areas are crowded when I'm still easily getting 2k+ exp per campaign even if it's a single wave.

The problem is people are all flocking to get new items, and going to the same zones everyone else is. Most people just flock to the same zones and overkill that battle while another one might be pretty clear and exp ripe for the picking. Do what I do, /sea an area before you go to the battle and try to pick areas that not many people go to.
[+]
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-03-26 08:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Phatdade said:

I'm sorry, what's changed?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shibahime
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Shibahime 2010-03-26 09:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawn

I didnt read the whole thread but... yeah, Campaign is like that. On a happier note, there's campaign in more than one place!

And, tbh... the merge was a result of people complaining about less populated servers, how economy was bad and you could't even make parties. "server population threads" and people mentioning "800 people". This was a result of people talking, whether you like it or not. So, we, as FFXI players, got what we asked for. Make the best of it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-03-26 09:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not only the merged servers. They introduced a new campaign level with new regen/refresh rings and also weapons that have weapon skills for campaign the people want to see firsthand. Even on the "populated" servers there is a MAD rush at campaign at the moment.
[+]
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-03-26 09:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a populated server for ya :P

I really think SE needs to increase the amount of campaign mobs by a small amount, and/or create more units/squads so different areas get attacked so you don't have like... 200+ people in the same zone cause it's the only one under siege.. -.-

They need to slightly UN-nerf the points you get from attacking the wall... lol

AND reduce that ridiculously overpowered 80% counter attack rate mobs do. I'm so tired of dying from it lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-03-26 09:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sedres said:
Sylph.Phatdade said:

I'm sorry, what's changed?

Everything. It has not been like that on Garuda for over a year.
[+]
First Page 2